[odc] Daily src changes for 2005-03-09

ODC auto at squish.net
Thu Mar 10 07:00:40 GMT 2005

distrib/notes                           distrib/sets
lib/libutil                             regress/lib
sbin/shutdown                           share/man
sys/arch/arm/xscale                     sys/arch/i386/pci
sys/arch/sparc64/conf                   sys/arch/sparc64/dev
sys/arch/sparc64/include                sys/arch/sparc64/sparc64
sys/dev/pci                             sys/dev/usb
sys/dev/wscons                          sys/kern
sys/netinet                             usr.bin/cvs
usr.bin/mg                              usr.sbin/bgpd
usr.sbin/fdformat                       usr.sbin/httpd
usr.sbin/ntpd                           usr.sbin/ospfd
usr.sbin/pkg_add                        usr.sbin/tcpdump

== distrib =========================================================== 01/08 ==

  ~ zaurus/install

  > change references to A5 partition type to A6, from uwe@
  > and a small grammar nit from me (jcs@)

  ~ i386/hardware

  > Sync with ral(4) changes. (jsg@)

  ~ sparc64/hardware                      ~ sparc64/install

  > Preliminary support for the floppy drive on Ultrasparcs. Only tested on
  > SBus machines so far, although EBus attachment glue is provided but not
  > enabled
  > by default.
  > Also, fdformat(8) does not work correctly yet, although reading and writing
  > is safe; this will hopefully be fixed in the near future.
  > ok deraadt@ (miod@)

sets

  ~ lists/man/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

  ~ lists/man/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

== lib =============================================================== 02/08 ==

libutil

  ~ fmt_scaled.c

  > Fix rounding of fractionless numbers. ok tom@ miod@ (otto@)

== regress =========================================================== 03/08 ==

lib

  ~ libutil/fmt_scaled/fmt_test.c

  > Now that rounding is done properly for fractionless numbers, fix the
  > regression cases and add a few too. (otto@)

== sbin ============================================================== 04/08 ==

shutdown

  ~ shutdown.8

  > Sync with reboot(8) man page.
  > (luna88k and zaurus also work with -p option.)
  > ok miod@ (aoyama@)

== share ============================================================= 05/08 ==

  ~ man5/fstab.5

  > tweak examples; ok and input deraadt
  > - add /usr/src w/ softdep
  > - remove procfs/kernfs (pvalchev@)

  ~ man4/ral.4

  > fix the list of supposedly supported adapters. (damien@)

  ~ man4/ipw.4                            ~ man4/ral.4

  > we don't support hardware WEP yet. (damien@)

  ~ man4/ipw.4                            ~ man4/iwi.4
  ~ man4/ral.4

  > the man page was completely revised by others, remove myself as its author.
  > (damien@)

  ~ man4/ath.4                            ~ man4/atw.4
  ~ man4/rtw.4

  > use `CardBus' rather than `Cardbus' for consistency; (jmc@)

  ~ man4/atu.4

  > `Ez Connect' -> `EZ Connect';
  > from tamas tevesz;
  > verified by aue(4), wi(4), and google; (jmc@)

  ~ man4/man4.zaurus/pxaudc.4

  > better description of what the hardware and driver do. (dlg@)

  ~ man4/ral.4

  > document the various radio transceivers.
  > looks fine jsg@ (damien@)

  ~ man4/man4.zaurus/pxaudc.4

  > - spelling and grammar
  > - unneeded .Pp (jmc@)

  ~ man4/ral.4

  > - grammar
  > - new sentence, new line (jmc@)

  ~ man4/ral.4

  > List bus in a seperate column in the device list.
  > mdoc pointers from jmc@ (jsg@)

  - man4/man4.sparc/fd.4                  ~ man4/fdc.4
  ~ man4/man4.sparc/Makefile

  > Merge sparc and MI fdc(4) manual pages, add sparc64 bits. (miod@)

== sys =============================================================== 06/08 ==

arch/arm/xscale

  ~ pxa2x0_pcic.c

  > Wait for card to become ready after reset; ok drahn@ (uwe@)

  ~ pxa2x0_pcic.c

  > With some correct interrupt acknowledgement and register initialization,
  > the pcic insert/removal polling can be removed. prod by uwe. (drahn@)

arch/i386/pci

  ~ pchb.c

  > access to the configuration address register of the 82443BX host bridge
  > needs
  > to be 32bit aligned.
  > deraadt@ just commit (hshoexer@)

arch/sparc64/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ files.sparc64

  > Preliminary support for the floppy drive on Ultrasparcs. Only tested on
  > SBus machines so far, although EBus attachment glue is provided but not
  > enabled
  > by default.
  > Also, fdformat(8) does not work correctly yet, although reading and writing
  > is safe; this will hopefully be fixed in the near future.
  > ok deraadt@ (miod@)

arch/sparc64/dev

  ~ auxio.c                               ~ auxioreg.h
  ~ auxiovar.h                            + fd.c
  + fdreg.h                               + fdvar.h

  > Preliminary support for the floppy drive on Ultrasparcs. Only tested on
  > SBus machines so far, although EBus attachment glue is provided but not
  > enabled
  > by default.
  > Also, fdformat(8) does not work correctly yet, although reading and writing
  > is safe; this will hopefully be fixed in the near future.
  > ok deraadt@ (miod@)

arch/sparc64/include

  + ioctl_fd.h

  > Preliminary support for the floppy drive on Ultrasparcs. Only tested on
  > SBus machines so far, although EBus attachment glue is provided but not
  > enabled
  > by default.
  > Also, fdformat(8) does not work correctly yet, although reading and writing
  > is safe; this will hopefully be fixed in the near future.
  > ok deraadt@ (miod@)

arch/sparc64/sparc64

  ~ conf.c

  > Preliminary support for the floppy drive on Ultrasparcs. Only tested on
  > SBus machines so far, although EBus attachment glue is provided but not
  > enabled
  > by default.
  > Also, fdformat(8) does not work correctly yet, although reading and writing
  > is safe; this will hopefully be fixed in the near future.
  > ok deraadt@ (miod@)

  > regen (jsg@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > Add ATI RS100 entries found in a dmesg from tristan at ltdev.arubaon.com
  > Correct RS200 entries while here. (jsg@)

dev/usb

  ~ usbdevs

  > a long cable usb repeater... (deraadt@)

  ~ usbdevs

  > in this case, clarity is required (deraadt@)

dev/wscons

  ~ wsemul_sun.c

  > Make the sun emulation match what the old SunOS cons(4) manual page
  > describes:
  > - Fix an uninitialized variable for ESC[p and ESC[q control sequences.
  > - Skip invoxing wscons accessops when we know they'll have nothing to do
  > (e.g. scroll 0 lines, erase 0 lines, etc)
  > - Correctly handle spurious parameters in control sequences - the ones to
  > take into account are the _last_ received, not the _first_. Which makes
  > things pretty funny for control sequences requiring more than one
  > parameter,
  > since it is not mandatory to provide all parameters.
  > ok todd@ (miod@)

kern

  ~ kern_exec.c

  > Fail exec for disabled compat with EPERM rather than ENOEXEC.
  > ok deraadt@ mickey@ millert@ (miod@)

netinet

  ~ tcp_input.c                           ~ tcp_var.h

  > from freebsd:
  > 1. set rcv_laststart/rcv_lastend after checking the tcp window
  > 2. pass rcv_laststart and rcv_lastend on the stack (shrink tcp state)
  > ok henning, djm (markus@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 07/08 ==

  ~ cvs/Makefile

  > align, and don't override the standard BINOWN and BINMODE (jfb@)

  ~ remove.c

  > enable -f option of `remove' command; ok jfb joris (xsa@)

  ~ Makefile

  > connect rcs/ stuffs; ok jfb joris (xsa@)

  - TODO

  > unmaintained cruft, get rid of it instead of spreading bad info
  > ok xsa@ (jfb@)

mg

  ~ theo.c

  > the mg binary is too small, if we keep adding theo quotes we might be
  > as big as vi one day (henning@)

  ~ buffer.c                              ~ def.h
  ~ file.c                                ~ fileio.c
  ~ funmap.c                              ~ keymap.c
  ~ main.c

  > fix mg's behaviour with regards to files on which we do not have
  > write access.  diff originally from vincent@ and forgotten for
  > a while.
  > ok rohee@, "toss it in, i'll bitch if it doesn't work" henning@ (jfb@)

  ~ Makefile

  > remove useless -DBACKUP from CFLAGS and change the comment for BACKUP
  > to NOBACKUP what the code actually uses (and reverse the descr too of
  > course)
  > spotted by jmc@ quite some time ago, no binary change. (henning@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 08/08 ==

  ~ imsg.c

  > correctness: memmove instead of memcpy where we might have overlaps
  > (henning@)

fdformat

  ~ Makefile

  > Preliminary support for the floppy drive on Ultrasparcs. Only tested on
  > SBus machines so far, although EBus attachment glue is provided but not
  > enabled
  > by default.
  > Also, fdformat(8) does not work correctly yet, although reading and writing
  > is safe; this will hopefully be fixed in the near future.
  > ok deraadt@ (miod@)

httpd

  ~ src/modules/keynote/mod_keynote.c

  > Check kn_init for failure.
  > OK hshoexer@, henning@ (cloder@)

  ~ src/modules/keynote/mod_keynote.c

  > Do not leak Keynote sessions on failure.  Also check snprintf return
  > value for truncation and failure.
  > OK hshoexer (cloder@)

ntpd

  ~ imsg.c

  > when, after processing all complete imsgs we found in the buffer,
  > there are some bytes left (less than an imsg header, or less than the
  > imsg header len field says) we copy it to the very beginning of the buffer.
  > use memmove instead of memcpy since it is not guaranteed that there's no
  > overlap. while memcpy on OpenBSD is safe, it might not elsewhere, and
  > we want our code to be correct anyways.
  > funny enough theo and I talked at length about that last week in dublin,
  > and I said I believe I had no memcpys with the chance of overlap in
  > ntpd/bgpd -
  > well, here is one, and Alexander von Gernler <grunk at pestilenz.orgointed
  > me to it. (henning@)

  ~ config.c                              ~ ntpd.c

  > nasty: host_dns used to run before forking and chrooting etc, so it was
  > guaranteed that its res_init() call was done once before fork etc...
  > that is no longer the case. call res_init() in main() early. (henning@)

ospfd

  ~ imsg.c

  > memcpy/memmove correctness here as well (henning@)

pkg_add

  ~ pkg_add

  > make sure lookup_libspec returns the same thing in -v -v mode. (espie@)

  ~ pkg_add

  > oops, since we don't register destdir along with libs, looking up with
  > destdir is doomed. (espie@)

  ~ pkg_add

  > report all missing libraries (report is a bit verbose, but this will do).
  > (espie@)

  ~ pkg_add

  > just clue() the first time a library is not found.
  > More clues are generally useless... (espie@)

tcpdump

  ~ print-802_11.c