[odc] Daily src changes for 2005-03-16

ODC auto at squish.net
Thu Mar 17 07:00:33 GMT 2005

bin/chmod                               distrib/i386
distrib/notes                           distrib/sets
etc/daily                               gnu/usr.bin/ld
lib/libc                                sbin/isakmpd
share/man                               sys/arch/amd64/amd64
sys/arch/amd64/conf                     sys/arch/hppa/hppa
sys/arch/i386/conf                      sys/arch/macppc/conf
sys/arch/zaurus/dev                     sys/dev/isa
sys/dev/pci                             sys/dev/usb
usr.bin/ssh                             usr.sbin/bgpd
usr.sbin/faithd

== bin =============================================================== 01/10 ==

chmod

  ~ chown.8

  > chown(8): mention that this utility clears setuid/setgid bits by default;
  > from stuart henderson (pr #4149);
  > chown(2)/chown(8): mention that sysctl variable fs.posix.setuid=0
  > overrides this behaviour;
  > from millert and otto;
  > ok deraadt@ otto@ millert@ (jmc@)

== distrib =========================================================== 02/10 ==

i386

  ~ ramdisk_cd/list.local

  > ancontrol, bah, who needs it (deraadt@)

  ~ ramdiskC/list.local

  > ancontrol is so... boring (deraadt@)

notes

  ~ alpha/hardware                        ~ amd64/hardware
  ~ cats/hardware                         ~ i386/hardware
  ~ macppc/hardware                       ~ sparc64/hardware

  > Add JVC MP-PRX1 and change D-Link DUBE100 to DUB-E100. (jsg@)

  ~ i386/hardware

  > Update for drivers now on CD ramdisk. (jsg@)

  ~ i386/hardware

  > Update with ramdisk C changes. (jsg@)

sets

  ~ lists/man/mi

  ~ lists/base/md.cats                    ~ lists/base/md.hp300
  ~ lists/base/md.hppa                    ~ lists/base/md.i386
  ~ lists/base/md.luna88k                 ~ lists/base/md.mac68k
  ~ lists/base/md.macppc                  ~ lists/base/md.mvme68k
  ~ lists/base/md.mvme88k                 ~ lists/base/md.mvmeppc
  ~ lists/base/md.sgi                     ~ lists/base/md.sparc
  ~ lists/base/md.sparc64                 ~ lists/base/md.vax
  ~ lists/base/md.zaurus                  ~ lists/comp/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

== etc =============================================================== 03/10 ==

daily

  ~ daily

  > Don't rmdir vi.recover or .X11-unix from /tmp or /var/tmp.	OK deraadt@
  > (millert@)

== gnu =============================================================== 04/10 ==

usr.bin/ld

  ~ rtld/ld.so.1

  > fix a broken list;
  > various other tweaks;
  > ok deraadt@ (jmc@)

== lib =============================================================== 05/10 ==

  ~ sys/chown.2

  > chown(8): mention that this utility clears setuid/setgid bits by default;
  > from stuart henderson (pr #4149);
  > chown(2)/chown(8): mention that sysctl variable fs.posix.setuid=0
  > overrides this behaviour;
  > from millert and otto;
  > ok deraadt@ otto@ millert@ (jmc@)

== sbin ============================================================== 06/10 ==

isakmpd

  ~ exchange.c

  TAGGED OPENBSD_3_6
  > MFC:
  > Fix by cloder@
  > Avoid crash on finalization.  We have been using this diff
  > in production since mid-2003.
  > ok deraadt@ cloder@ (brad@)

  ~ exchange.c

  TAGGED OPENBSD_3_5
  > MFC:
  > Fix by cloder@
  > Avoid crash on finalization.  We have been using this diff
  > in production since mid-2003.
  > ok deraadt@ cloder@ (brad@)

== share ============================================================= 07/10 ==

  ~ man3/intro.3

  > document libarm;
  > ok drahn@ deraadt@ (jmc@)

  ~ man3/intro.3

  > no need for -compact; (jmc@)

  ~ man4/Makefile                         ~ man4/ral.4

  > document ral.4 and ural.4 in a sick way.  after release these drivers
  > will be merged into one.  doing it this way for one release is good
  > enough. (deraadt@)

  ~ man4/ral.4

  > clarify ral.4 vs ural.4 difference.  the release schedule is too tight
  > to permit damien time to merge the two drivers, so the docs will be
  > slightly
  > weird (deraadt@)

  ~ man4/ral.4

  > list usb 2.0 ural devices; from http://ralink.rapla.net/ (deraadt@)

  ~ man4/usb.4

  > Xr ural (deraadt@)

  ~ man4/usb.4

  > sort; (jmc@)

  ~ man4/ral.4

  > RT2500 vs RT2570 (deraadt@)

  ~ man4/usb.4

  > lowercase A/B/G for wireless cards; (jmc@)

  ~ man4/axe.4

  > Correctly hypenate D-Link DUB-E100. (jsg@)

  ~ man4/ral.4

  > describe the future (deraadt@)

== sys =============================================================== 08/10 ==

  ~ copy.S

  > amd64 also fails copyoutstr regress, missed in the first round.
  > need to checker the to address.
  > patch from netbsd.	ok deraadt mickey (tedu@)

  ~ copy.S

  TAGGED OPENBSD_3_6
  > MFC:
  > Fix by tedu@
  > amd64 also fails copyoutstr regress, missed in the first round.
  > need to checker the to address.
  > patch from netbsd.
  > ok deraadt@ (brad@)

  ~ copy.S

  TAGGED OPENBSD_3_5
  > MFC:
  > Fix by tedu@
  > amd64 also fails copyoutstr regress, missed in the first round.
  > need to checker the to address.
  > patch from netbsd.
  > ok deraadt@ (brad@)

arch/amd64/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > more wireless chipsets (deraadt@)

arch/hppa/hppa

  ~ locore.S

  > play the relied-upon-xlation proper; deraadt@ ok (mickey@)

arch/i386/conf

  ~ RAMDISK_CD

  > ath, atw, ral, rtw on CD ramdisk (deraadt@)

  ~ RAMDISKC

  > +rtw, ral, but a few rare ethernet devices go away.. (deraadt@)

  ~ GENERIC

  > enable ural (deraadt@)

  ~ RAMDISK_CD

  > ural will be here too (deraadt@)

arch/macppc/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > more wireless chipsets (deraadt@)

arch/zaurus/dev

  ~ zaurus_kbd.c

  > permit ramdisks to compile (deraadt@)

dev/isa

  ~ fd.c

  > Use biowait() instead of rolling our own.
  > tested krw@ moritz@, ok deraadt@ (miod@)

dev/pci

  ~ if_em.c

  > don't account packet's twice; from joel@; ok deraadt@, henning@ (markus@)

dev/usb

  ~ files.usb                             + if_ral.c
  + if_ralreg.h                           + if_ralvar.h

  > Driver for Ralink Technology RT2500USB wireless adapters.
  > ok deraadt@ (damien@)

  ~ if_ral.c                              ~ if_ralreg.h
  ~ usbdevs

  > move ral vendor/product Ids into usbdevs (damien@)

  ~ usbdevs.h

  > sync (damien@)

  ~ files.usb

  > oops, this needs the ural classifier (deraadt@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 09/10 ==

  ~ ssh_config.5

  > get the syntax right for {Local,Remote}Forward;
  > based on a diff from markus;
  > problem report from ponraj;
  > ok dtucker@ markus@ deraadt@ (jmc@)

  ~ version.h

  > don't try to merge the freshly parsed config into the running one if
  > we had parser failures...
  > debugging session with claudio and jason ackley
  > ok claudio norby deraadt (henning@)

faithd

  ~ ftp.c