[odc] Daily src changes for 2005-03-29

ODC auto at squish.net
Wed Mar 30 08:00:27 BST 2005

etc/MAKEDEV.common                      etc/etc.amd64/MAKEDEV
etc/etc.amd64/MAKEDEV.md                etc/etc.i386/MAKEDEV.md
etc/etc.macppc/MAKEDEV.md               etc/etc.sparc/MAKEDEV
etc/etc.sparc/MAKEDEV.md                etc/etc.zaurus/MAKEDEV.md
etc/etc.zaurus/sysctl.conf              etc/rc.local
gnu/lib/libstdc++                       gnu/usr.bin/binutils
gnu/usr.bin/gcc                         lib/libc
lib/libdes                              lib/libssl
regress/usr.bin                         sbin
sbin/bioctl                             sbin/ccdconfig
sbin/fdisk                              sbin/isakmpd
sbin/mount_udf                          sbin/sysctl
sbin/wsconsctl                          share/man
sys/arch/arm/arm                        sys/arch/arm/include
sys/arch/arm/xscale                     sys/arch/luna88k/luna88k
sys/arch/macppc/dev                     sys/arch/powerpc/include
sys/arch/sparc/dev                      sys/arch/sparc/include
sys/arch/sparc/sparc                    sys/arch/sparc64/include
sys/arch/sparc64/sparc64                sys/arch/zaurus/dev
sys/arch/zaurus/stand/zbsdmod           sys/conf
sys/dev                                 sys/dev/ic
sys/dev/pci                             sys/isofs/udf
sys/kern                                sys/sys
usr.bin/checknr                         usr.bin/cvs
usr.bin/dc                              usr.bin/telnet
usr.sbin/apm                            usr.sbin/apmd
usr.sbin/arp                            usr.sbin/bgpd
usr.sbin/ospfctl                        usr.sbin/ospfd
usr.sbin/ppp

== etc =============================================================== 01/09 ==

MAKEDEV.common

  ~ MAKEDEV.common

  > Move the apm description out of MAKEDEV.common, so that sparc can declare
  > it
  > with a specific manpage reference. (miod@)

etc.amd64/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.amd64/MAKEDEV

  > Regen (miod@)

etc.amd64/MAKEDEV.md

  ~ etc.amd64/MAKEDEV.md

  > No apm on amd64 for now. (miod@)

etc.i386/MAKEDEV.md

  ~ etc.i386/MAKEDEV.md

  > Move the apm description out of MAKEDEV.common, so that sparc can declare
  > it
  > with a specific manpage reference. (miod@)

etc.macppc/MAKEDEV.md

  ~ etc.macppc/MAKEDEV.md

  > Move the apm description out of MAKEDEV.common, so that sparc can declare
  > it
  > with a specific manpage reference. (miod@)

etc.sparc/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.sparc/MAKEDEV

  > Regen. (miod@)

etc.sparc/MAKEDEV.md

  ~ etc.sparc/MAKEDEV.md

  > Add an apm interface to the tctrl(4) device found on SPARCbooks; currently
  > limited to power change events and battery status retrieval.
  > ok deraadt@ mickey@ (miod@)

  ~ etc.sparc/MAKEDEV.md

  > Move the apm description out of MAKEDEV.common, so that sparc can declare
  > it
  > with a specific manpage reference. (miod@)

etc.zaurus/MAKEDEV.md

  ~ etc.zaurus/MAKEDEV.md

  > Move the apm description out of MAKEDEV.common, so that sparc can declare
  > it
  > with a specific manpage reference. (miod@)

etc.zaurus/sysctl.conf

  ~ etc.zaurus/sysctl.conf

  > Add commented-out machdep.kbdreset example. (uwe@)

rc.local

  ~ rc.local

  > comment fix; ok beck@ (uwe@)

== gnu =============================================================== 02/09 ==

lib/libstdc++

  ~ shlib_version

  > Bump major version.
  > ok deraadt@ (kettenis@)

usr.bin/binutils

  ~ gdb/sparc-nat.c                       ~ gdb/sparc-tdep.c
  ~ gdb/sparc64-tdep.c                    ~ gdb/sparc64nbsd-tdep.c

  > StackGhost support for sparc64. (kettenis@)

usr.bin/gcc

  ~ gcc/loop.c

  > Plug a memory leak. From gcc 3.4 branch. (miod@)

  ~ gcc/config/i386/openbsdelf.h

  > Switch i386 over to DWARF-based exception handling.
  > ok deraadt@ (kettenis@)

== lib =============================================================== 03/09 ==

  ~ stdlib/realpath.3                     ~ stdlib/realpath.c

  > Make realpath() thread-safe. New implementation does not use chdir(2) at
  > all.
  > From: FreeBSD by Constantin S. Svintsoff <kostik (at) iclub.nsu.ru>
  > ok otto@ millert@ (brad@)

libdes

  ~ options.txt

  > belive -> believe (miod@)

libssl

  ~ src/crypto/des/times/usparc.cc        ~ src/crypto/ripemd/README
  ~ src/doc/ssleay.txt

  > belive -> believe (miod@)

== regress =========================================================== 04/09 ==

usr.bin

  ~ dc/Makefile                           ~ dc/t1.out
  ~ dc/t9.out                             + dc/t24.in
  + dc/t24.out

  > Adapt to new wrapping, including new test. (otto@)

  ~ dc/t24.in                             ~ dc/t24.out

  > even better test for wrapping (otto@)

== sbin ============================================================== 05/09 ==

sbin

  ~ Makefile

  > +mount_udf (pedro@)

  ~ Makefile

  > add bioctl
  > ok mickey@ (marco@)

bioctl

  + Makefile                              + bioctl.8
  + bioctl.c

  > adding initial bioctl code
  > ok mickey@ (marco@)

ccdconfig

  ~ ccdconfig.c

  > less ugly printout (mickey@)

fdisk

  ~ cmd.c                                 ~ fdisk.8

  > Allow setting of partition flag with an optional explicit value. PR 4143.
  > ok weingart@ deraadr@ (otto@)

isakmpd

  ~ ipsec.c

  > Always use network byte order when stuffing port numbers into IPSEC ID
  > packets. This reinstates the correct part of r1.106 which did ntohs
  > incorrectly on received port numbers already in host byte order. OK ho@
  > (cloder@)

mount_udf

  + Makefile                              + mount_udf.c

  > mount_udf, okay deraadt@ (pedro@)

  ~ Makefile                              + mount_udf.8

  > Add a mount_udf(8) stub. (pedro@)

sysctl

  ~ sysctl.8

  > zaurus supports machdep.apmwarn and machdep.kbdreset, too. (uwe@)

wsconsctl

  ~ Makefile

  > simplify machine chekc now that almost everything has wscons (mickey@)

== share ============================================================= 06/09 ==

  ~ man4/man4.sparc/tctrl.4

  > Add an apm interface to the tctrl(4) device found on SPARCbooks; currently
  > limited to power change events and battery status retrieval.
  > ok deraadt@ mickey@ (miod@)

  ~ man8/man8.sparc/MAKEDEV.8

  > Regen. (miod@)

  ~ man8/man8.amd64/MAKEDEV.8             ~ man8/man8.sparc/MAKEDEV.8

  > Regen (miod@)

== sys =============================================================== 07/09 ==

arch/arm/arm

  ~ arm32_machdep.c

  > - Support the machdep.kbdreset sysctl on zaurus.
  > - Disable unused function parse_mi_bootargs(). (uwe@)

arch/arm/include

  ~ cpu.h

  > - Support the machdep.kbdreset sysctl on zaurus.
  > - Disable unused function parse_mi_bootargs(). (uwe@)

arch/arm/xscale

  ~ pxa2x0_apm.c

  > Handle apm_battlow flag by suspending, and clear all flags after resume.
  > (uwe@)

arch/luna88k/luna88k

  ~ disksubr.c

  > Plug iso_disklabelspoof() in readdisklabel(); requested by deraadt@ (miod@)

arch/macppc/dev

  ~ apm.c

  > Missing break; (miod@)

arch/powerpc/include

  ~ types.h

  > Shrink struct label_t to the correct size; ok drahn@ a long time ago.
  > (miod@)

arch/sparc/dev

  ~ ts102.c

  > Display the PCMCIA icon when cards are plugged. (miod@)

  ~ tctrl.c                               ~ tctrlvar.h

  > A few tctrl improvements, mostly adapted from NetBSD:
  > - use a better state machine, and define a simple internal interface to
  > send
  > commands to the microcontroller.
  > - program the 2nd line of the LCD screen; currently limited to the
  > ``external
  > power available'' and ``PCMCIA'' icons.
  > - fix races in the brightness adjustement and powerdown request.
  > - wrap initial dmesg output at 80 chars. (miod@)

  ~ tctrl.c                               ~ tctrlvar.h
  ~ z8530kbd.c

  > If a tctrl device is attached, run the keyboard bell through it, since the
  > keyboard on SPARCbooks lacks a speaker. (miod@)

  ~ tctrl.c                               ~ ts102reg.h

  > Add an apm interface to the tctrl(4) device found on SPARCbooks; currently
  > limited to power change events and battery status retrieval.
  > ok deraadt@ mickey@ (miod@)

arch/sparc/include

  ~ conf.h                                + apmvar.h

  > Add an apm interface to the tctrl(4) device found on SPARCbooks; currently
  > limited to power change events and battery status retrieval.
  > ok deraadt@ mickey@ (miod@)

arch/sparc/sparc

  ~ iommu.c                               ~ pmap.c

  > Remove workarounds for old compilers. (miod@)

  ~ conf.c

  > Add an apm interface to the tctrl(4) device found on SPARCbooks; currently
  > limited to power change events and battery status retrieval.
  > ok deraadt@ mickey@ (miod@)

arch/sparc64/include

  ~ pcb.h                                 ~ ptrace.h

  > sparc64 StackGhost.
  > ok deraadt@ (kettenis@)

arch/sparc64/sparc64

  ~ genassym.cf                           ~ locore.s
  ~ machdep.c                             ~ process_machdep.c
  ~ trap.c                                ~ vm_machdep.c

  > sparc64 StackGhost.
  > ok deraadt@ (kettenis@)

arch/zaurus/dev

  ~ zaurus_kbd.c

  > Changed On/Off button behaviour (unless the lid is closed):
  > - hold for 2 seconds to suspend, or
  > - hold for 6 seconds to do a nice halt (if machdep.kbdreset=1). (uwe@)

arch/zaurus/stand/zbsdmod

  ~ zbsdmod.c

  > Shrink kernel image buffer from 8M to 5M (no kernel should be that big),
  > and fix a spello.  Leaves more unused memory for the "boot loader". (uwe@)

conf

  ~ files

  > Bring in UDF support from FreeBSD, disabled for now. (pedro@)

  ~ files

  > in right place (deraadt@)

dev

  ~ biovar.h

  > add raid defines
  > ok mickey@ (marco@)

dev/ic

  ~ amireg.h

  > add commands
  > ok mickey@ (marco@)

  ~ ami.c

  > add copyright me
  > per mickey@ (marco@)

  ~ ami.c

  > add raid mgmt ioctls
  > ok mickey@ (marco@)

  ~ amireg.h                              ~ amivar.h

  > add copyright me
  > per mickey@ (marco@)

dev/pci

  ~ if_de.c                               ~ if_devar.h

  > pull over some minor fixes from NetBSD:
  > - use ETHER_ADDR_LEN where apropriate
  > - consistency fixes in mem-io vs io-io logic
  > - fixes for 21143 in full-duplex mode
  > - minor nits here and there
  > ok brad@ (martin@)

isofs/udf

  + ecma167-udf.h                         + osta.c
  + osta.h                                + udf.h
  + udf_extern.h                          + udf_vfsops.c
  + udf_vnops.c

  > Bring in UDF support from FreeBSD, disabled for now. (pedro@)

kern

  ~ vfs_conf.c

  > Bring in UDF support from FreeBSD, disabled for now. (pedro@)

sys

  ~ disklabel.h

  > udf_disklabelspoof() proto (deraadt@)

  ~ malloc.h                              ~ mount.h
  ~ vnode.h

  > Bring in UDF support from FreeBSD, disabled for now. (pedro@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 08/09 ==

checknr

  ~ checknr.c

  > - fix overflow when too many -a arguments are given
  > - properly NUL-terminate -a arguments when copying
  > - check strdup for error failure
  > ok deraadt (jaredy@)

cvs

  ~ cvs/Makefile

  > put back the cmd.c file, it got lost in previous commits. (joris@)

  ~ cmd.c

  > allow cmd_options to be NULL, so that commands which
  > have no options will work fine. (joris@)

  ~ commit.c

  > fix memleak
  > ok jfb@ (joris@)

  ~ strtab.c

  > be more verbose when cleaning up the string table.
  > ok jfb@ (joris@)

  ~ cvs.1

  > -width Ds in places; jfb jcs (deraadt@)

  ~ file.c                                ~ resp.c

  > cvs_file_attach() can fail, make sure we can handle it
  > when it does. (joris@)

dc

  ~ inout.c

  > Nicer wrapping. We used to mimick the old dc(1), which prints
  > ..\<newline><newline> in some cases. ok deraadt@ (otto@)

telnet

  ~ authenc.c                             ~ commands.c
  ~ externs.h                             ~ telnet.c

  TAGGED OPENBSD_3_6
  > MFC:
  > Fix by otto@
  > - only send exported vars (based on a diff from Solar Designer)
  > - fix some buffer overflows (also some Solar Designer input) (brad@)

  ~ authenc.c                             ~ commands.c
  ~ externs.h                             ~ telnet.c

  TAGGED OPENBSD_3_5
  > MFC:
  > Fix by otto@
  > - only send exported vars (based on a diff from Solar Designer)
  > - fix some buffer overflows (also some Solar Designer input) (brad@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 09/09 ==

apm

  ~ apm.c

  > Allow an apm implementation to return -1 in the minutes_left field of the
  > apm_power_info struct, if it has no reasonable value to provide.
  > ok deraadt@ mickey@ (miod@)

  ~ Makefile

  > Add an apm interface to the tctrl(4) device found on SPARCbooks; currently
  > limited to power change events and battery status retrieval.
  > ok deraadt@ mickey@ (miod@)

apmd

  ~ Makefile

  > Add an apm interface to the tctrl(4) device found on SPARCbooks; currently
  > limited to power change events and battery status retrieval.
  > ok deraadt@ mickey@ (miod@)

arp

  ~ arp.8                                 ~ arp.c

  > add -F to force replacement of entries with -s and -f
  > inspired by a diff from Mike Belopuhov <mkb at cvs.hnet.spb.ru  > these semantics with theo, manpage jaredy jmc and bob, ok bob (henning@)

  ~ arp.c

  > make this a bit more readable (henning@)

  ~ Makefile

  > -Wall (henning@)

  ~ arp.c

  > clean further, theo ok (henning@)

  > walk & free network and filter lists after parse errors
  > ok claudio theo (henning@)

  ~ kroute.c

  > explicitely check interface flags for IFF_UP in kroute_validate (henning@)

ospfctl

  ~ ospfctl.c

  > The RFC never mentions anything about transfer, this should be transmit.
  > From Jason Ackley (thanks).
  > ok claudio@ (norby@)

ospfd

  ~ config.c                              ~ interface.c
  ~ lsupdate.c                            ~ ospfd.h
  ~ parse.y

  > The RFC never mentions anything about transfer, this should be transmit.
  > From Jason Ackley (thanks).
  > ok claudio@ (norby@)

ppp

  ~ ppp/ppp.8.m4