[odc] Daily src changes for 2005-03-30

ODC auto at squish.net
Thu Mar 31 08:00:15 BST 2005

bin/ksh                                 distrib/amd64
distrib/i386                            distrib/macppc
distrib/miniroot                        distrib/sets
distrib/sparc64                         etc/root/dot.login
etc/root/dot.profile                    gnu/usr.bin/binutils
include/resolv.h                        include/string.h
lib/libc                                lib/libssl
sbin/bioctl                             sbin/ifconfig
sbin/mount_udf                          sbin/route
share/man                               sys/arch/alpha/alpha
sys/arch/amd64/amd64                    sys/arch/amd64/conf
sys/arch/arm/arm                        sys/arch/arm/xscale
sys/arch/hp300/hp300                    sys/arch/hppa/hppa
sys/arch/i386/conf                      sys/arch/i386/i386
sys/arch/luna88k/luna88k                sys/arch/mac68k/mac68k
sys/arch/macppc/conf                    sys/arch/macppc/macppc
sys/arch/mips64/mips64                  sys/arch/mvme68k/mvme68k
sys/arch/mvme88k/mvme88k                sys/arch/mvmeppc/mvmeppc
sys/arch/sparc/sparc                    sys/arch/sparc64/conf
sys/arch/sparc64/sparc64                sys/arch/vax/vax
sys/arch/zaurus/dev                     sys/conf
sys/dev                                 sys/dev/cardbus
sys/dev/pci                             sys/dev/usb
sys/isofs/udf                           sys/net
sys/scsi                                sys/sys
usr.bin/cvs                             usr.bin/diff3
usr.bin/fstat                           usr.bin/netstat
usr.bin/pagesize                        usr.sbin/adduser
usr.sbin/apm                            usr.sbin/bgpd
usr.sbin/sasyncd                        usr.sbin/tcpdump

== bin =============================================================== 01/11 ==

ksh

  ~ Makefile                              ~ c_ksh.c
  ~ c_sh.c                                ~ c_test.c
  ~ c_ulimit.c                            ~ edit.c
  ~ emacs.c                               ~ eval.c
  ~ exec.c                                ~ expand.h
  ~ expr.c                                ~ history.c
  ~ io.c                                  ~ jobs.c
  ~ lex.c                                 ~ mail.c
  ~ main.c                                ~ misc.c
  ~ path.c                                ~ shf.c
  ~ shf.h                                 ~ syn.c
  ~ table.c                               ~ trap.c
  ~ tree.c                                ~ tty.c
  ~ var.c                                 ~ vi.c

  > lots of indentation cleanup, now ksh is readable like our other code.
  > double checked to make sure no binaries change, and eyed by niallo
  > (deraadt@)

== distrib =========================================================== 02/11 ==

amd64

  ~ ramdisk_cd/list.local

  > these will contain mount_udf (deraadt@)

i386

  ~ ramdisk_cd/list.local

  > these will contain mount_udf (deraadt@)

macppc

  ~ ramdisk/list

  > these will contain mount_udf (deraadt@)

miniroot

  ~ list

  > put mount_udf here too (big media things use this) (deraadt@)

  ~ lists/base/md.cats                    ~ lists/base/md.hp300
  ~ lists/base/md.hppa                    ~ lists/base/md.i386
  ~ lists/base/md.luna88k                 ~ lists/base/md.mac68k
  ~ lists/base/md.macppc                  ~ lists/base/md.mvme68k
  ~ lists/base/md.mvme88k                 ~ lists/base/md.mvmeppc
  ~ lists/base/md.sgi                     ~ lists/base/md.sparc
  ~ lists/base/md.sparc64                 ~ lists/base/md.vax
  ~ lists/base/md.zaurus                  ~ lists/base/mi
  ~ lists/comp/mi                         ~ lists/man/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

  ~ lists/base/md.hppa                    ~ lists/comp/md.hppa

  > sync (deraadt@)

sparc64

  ~ bsd.rd/list

  > these will contain mount_udf (deraadt@)

== etc =============================================================== 03/11 ==

root/dot.login

  ~ root/dot.login

  > remove balony advice, recommended by beck (deraadt@)

root/dot.profile

  ~ root/dot.profile

  > only set HOME if not already set; ok deraadt@ (millert@)

== gnu =============================================================== 04/11 ==

usr.bin/binutils

  ~ gdb/sparc-tdep.h                      ~ gdb/sparcnbsd-tdep.c
  ~ gdb/sparcobsd-tdep.c

  > Fix reading sparc coredumps. (kettenis@)

  ~ bfd/netbsd-core.c

  > Add StackGhost .wcookie section for sparc64. (kettenis@)

== include =========================================================== 05/11 ==

  http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/include

resolv.h

  ~ resolv.h

  > make the resolver stat resolv.conf and update if it changes.
  > useful feedback and ok deraadt@ (tedu@)

string.h

  ~ string.h

  > strcasestr(3), a case-insensitive version of strstr(3).  already in netbsd
  > and freebsd, apparently written by torek, the man we never see anymore;
  > submitted by jcs, but he is not around right now for the libc major crank
  > so i sneak it in for him (deraadt@)

== lib =============================================================== 06/11 ==

  ~ shlib_version

  > welcome libc35.0 (tedu@)

  ~ net/getaddrinfo.c                     ~ net/gethostnamadr.c
  ~ net/getnetnamadr.c                    ~ net/getrrsetbyname.c
  ~ net/res_debug.c                       ~ net/res_init.c
  ~ net/res_mkquery.c                     ~ net/res_query.c
  ~ net/res_send.c                        ~ net/sethostent.c

  > make the resolver stat resolv.conf and update if it changes.
  > useful feedback and ok deraadt@ (tedu@)

  ~ string/Makefile.inc                   ~ string/strstr.3
  + string/strcasestr.c

  > strcasestr(3), a case-insensitive version of strstr(3).  already in netbsd
  > and freebsd, apparently written by torek, the man we never see anymore;
  > submitted by jcs, but he is not around right now for the libc major crank
  > so i sneak it in for him (deraadt@)

  ~ stdlib/realpath.3

  > Do not promise anything about the contents of resolved on failure.
  > ok millert@ (otto@)

  ~ stdlib/a64l.c                         ~ stdlib/abs.c
  ~ stdlib/atexit.c                       ~ stdlib/atof.c
  ~ stdlib/atoi.c                         ~ stdlib/atol.c
  ~ stdlib/bsearch.c                      ~ stdlib/calloc.c
  ~ stdlib/cfree.c                        ~ stdlib/div.c
  ~ stdlib/exit.c                         ~ stdlib/getenv.c
  ~ stdlib/getopt_long.c                  ~ stdlib/getsubopt.c
  ~ stdlib/heapsort.c                     ~ stdlib/l64a.c
  ~ stdlib/labs.c                         ~ stdlib/ldiv.c
  ~ stdlib/merge.c                        ~ stdlib/putenv.c
  ~ stdlib/qabs.c                         ~ stdlib/qdiv.c
  ~ stdlib/qsort.c                        ~ stdlib/radixsort.c
  ~ stdlib/rand.c                         ~ stdlib/random.c
  ~ stdlib/setenv.c                       ~ stdlib/strtod.c
  ~ stdlib/strtol.c                       ~ stdlib/strtoll.c
  ~ stdlib/strtoul.c                      ~ stdlib/strtoull.c
  ~ stdlib/system.c                       ~ stdlib/tfind.c
  ~ stdlib/tsearch.c                      ~ stdio/local.h

  > ansi + de-register
  > ok otto deraadt (pat@)

  ~ stdio/fwalk.c                         ~ stdio/stdio.c

  > ansi
  > ok otto moritz deraadt (pat@)

  ~ string/__strsignal.c                  ~ string/bcmp.c
  ~ string/bcopy.c                        ~ string/bm.c
  ~ string/memccpy.c                      ~ string/strlcat.c
  ~ string/strlcpy.c                      ~ string/swab.c

  > ansify + deregister. no binary change on i386. ok deraadt@ pat@ moritz@
  > (otto@)

libssl

  ~ crypto/Makefile                       ~ src/crypto/dso/dso_dlfcn.c
  ~ ssl/Makefile

  > enable openssl DSO (typo, it's -DDSO_DLFCN not -DSO_DLFCN); Douglas Santos
  > (markus@)

  ~ crypto/Makefile

  > backout last commit for now.. (markus@)

== sbin ============================================================== 07/11 ==

bioctl

  ~ bioctl.8

  > fix .Dd;
  > fix SEE ALSO;
  > new sentence, new line;
  > sort options list; (jmc@)

  ~ bioctl.c                              ~ bioctl.8

  > update copyright for marco who says i can have the free commit (dlg@)

  ~ Makefile

  > all architectures, like, why the hell not (deraadt@)

ifconfig

  ~ ifconfig.8                            ~ ifconfig.c

  > add lladdr command to ifconfig to set MAC address.	diffs from freebsd via
  > Kyunghwan KIM (prs 2117 and 2118) and Fredrik Widlund.  ok deraadt (tedu@)

  ~ ifconfig.8

  > slightly reword lladdr description for clarity/readability; (jmc@)

mount_udf

  ~ mount_udf.8

  > document options (deraadt@)

  ~ mount_udf.8

  > a UDF, not an UDF;
  > unnecessary .Pp; (jmc@)

route

  - ccitt_addr.c                          ~ Makefile
  ~ keywords.c                            ~ keywords.h
  ~ keywords.sh                           ~ route.8
  ~ route.c

  > remove ccitt x.25 traces, ok theo (henning@)

  - keywords

  > these bits can rot in Attic/ (henning@)

  ~ route.c

  > spring cleaning, more to come (henning@)

  ~ Makefile                              ~ route.c
  ~ show.c

  > unconditionalize INET6 support, no binary change (henning@)

  ~ show.c                                ~ show.h

  > more bitrot bites the dust (henning@)

  - keywords.c                            ~ Makefile
  ~ keywords.h                            ~ keywords.sh

  > get rid of the twisted keywords.[c|h] interaction and just let keywords.sh
  > put the defines and the table into the .h (henning@)

  ~ keywords.h                            ~ keywords.sh

  > nicer output (henning@)

  ~ keywords.h                            ~ keywords.sh

  > make keywords.sh generate an enum for the keys (henning@)

  ~ route.c

  > make set_metric() bail out on invalid keys (unreachable, but better
  > safe than sorry later) (henning@)

  ~ keywords.h

  > sync (henning@)

  ~ keywords.sh

  > generated a .h file with spacing bugs (deraadt@)

  ~ route.8

  > mention ospfd as well (henning@)

== share ============================================================= 08/11 ==

  ~ man4/options.4

  > document UDF (deraadt@)

  ~ man9/malloc.9

  > mention new udf malloc types, okay deraadt@ (pedro@)

== sys =============================================================== 09/11 ==

arch/alpha/alpha

  ~ disksubr.c

  > first approximation:  spoof UDF filesystem disklabels when we see them.
  > it is likely a slight bug or two will sneak in with this, so everyone
  > please keep an eye out on your disklabels (deraadt@)

arch/amd64/amd64

  ~ disksubr.c

  > first approximation:  spoof UDF filesystem disklabels when we see them.
  > it is likely a slight bug or two will sneak in with this, so everyone
  > please keep an eye out on your disklabels (deraadt@)

arch/amd64/conf

  ~ RAMDISK_CD

  > enable UDF on large install media for architectures likely to have DVD
  > drives (deraadt@)

arch/arm/arm

  ~ disksubr.c

  > first approximation:  spoof UDF filesystem disklabels when we see them.
  > it is likely a slight bug or two will sneak in with this, so everyone
  > please keep an eye out on your disklabels (deraadt@)

arch/arm/xscale

  ~ pxa2x0reg.h

  > complete the definition of the power manager sleep status register
  > ok uwe@ (dlg@)

  ~ pxa2x0_ohci.c

  > make the powerhooks the responsibility of the bus ohci is attached to
  > ok uwe@ (dlg@)

  ~ pxa27x_udc.c                          ~ pxa2x0_apm.c
  ~ pxa2x0_ohci.c

  > extra gunk to make ohci suspend and resume work on the zaurus
  > help from and ok uwe@ (dlg@)

  ~ pxa2x0_ohci.c

  > use the local powerhook, not the generic ohci one. suspend/resume now works
  > (dlg@)

arch/hp300/hp300

  ~ disksubr.c

  > first approximation:  spoof UDF filesystem disklabels when we see them.
  > it is likely a slight bug or two will sneak in with this, so everyone
  > please keep an eye out on your disklabels (deraadt@)

arch/hppa/hppa

  ~ disksubr.c

  > first approximation:  spoof UDF filesystem disklabels when we see them.
  > it is likely a slight bug or two will sneak in with this, so everyone
  > please keep an eye out on your disklabels (deraadt@)

arch/i386/conf

  ~ RAMDISK_CD

  > enable UDF on large install media for architectures likely to have DVD
  > drives (deraadt@)

arch/i386/i386

  ~ disksubr.c

  > first approximation:  spoof UDF filesystem disklabels when we see them.
  > it is likely a slight bug or two will sneak in with this, so everyone
  > please keep an eye out on your disklabels (deraadt@)

arch/luna88k/luna88k

  ~ disksubr.c

  > first approximation:  spoof UDF filesystem disklabels when we see them.
  > it is likely a slight bug or two will sneak in with this, so everyone
  > please keep an eye out on your disklabels (deraadt@)

arch/mac68k/mac68k

  ~ disksubr.c

  > first approximation:  spoof UDF filesystem disklabels when we see them.
  > it is likely a slight bug or two will sneak in with this, so everyone
  > please keep an eye out on your disklabels (deraadt@)

arch/macppc/conf

  ~ RAMDISK

  > enable UDF on large install media for architectures likely to have DVD
  > drives (deraadt@)

arch/macppc/macppc

  ~ disksubr.c

  > first approximation:  spoof UDF filesystem disklabels when we see them.
  > it is likely a slight bug or two will sneak in with this, so everyone
  > please keep an eye out on your disklabels (deraadt@)

arch/mips64/mips64

  ~ disksubr.c

  > first approximation:  spoof UDF filesystem disklabels when we see them.
  > it is likely a slight bug or two will sneak in with this, so everyone
  > please keep an eye out on your disklabels (deraadt@)

arch/mvme68k/mvme68k

  ~ disksubr.c

  > first approximation:  spoof UDF filesystem disklabels when we see them.
  > it is likely a slight bug or two will sneak in with this, so everyone
  > please keep an eye out on your disklabels (deraadt@)

arch/mvme88k/mvme88k

  ~ disksubr.c

  > first approximation:  spoof UDF filesystem disklabels when we see them.
  > it is likely a slight bug or two will sneak in with this, so everyone
  > please keep an eye out on your disklabels (deraadt@)

arch/mvmeppc/mvmeppc

  ~ disksubr.c

  > first approximation:  spoof UDF filesystem disklabels when we see them.
  > it is likely a slight bug or two will sneak in with this, so everyone
  > please keep an eye out on your disklabels (deraadt@)

arch/sparc/sparc

  ~ disksubr.c

  > first approximation:  spoof UDF filesystem disklabels when we see them.
  > it is likely a slight bug or two will sneak in with this, so everyone
  > please keep an eye out on your disklabels (deraadt@)

arch/sparc64/conf

  ~ RAMDISK

  > UDF here too, says mickey and henning (deraadt@)

arch/sparc64/sparc64

  ~ disksubr.c

  > first approximation:  spoof UDF filesystem disklabels when we see them.
  > it is likely a slight bug or two will sneak in with this, so everyone
  > please keep an eye out on your disklabels (deraadt@)

arch/vax/vax

  ~ disksubr.c

  > first approximation:  spoof UDF filesystem disklabels when we see them.
  > it is likely a slight bug or two will sneak in with this, so everyone
  > please keep an eye out on your disklabels (deraadt@)

arch/zaurus/dev

  ~ zaurus_apm.c

  > - Enable charging properly, avoiding the stuck "battery full" signal.
  > - Correctly report battery life estimates falling between thresholds.
  > - Restart charging every minute (needed on all zaurus machines).
  > - Report battery life even while battery_state is APM_BATT_CHARGING.
  > - Be pessimistic about the total battery life time in minutes.
  > - Use shorter prefix for local symbol names.
  > The timeouts introduced in this revision can be removed later. (uwe@)

conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > enable UDF in GENERIC (deraadt@)

dev

  ~ ccd.c

  > init pool after we allocate softc array in case malloc fails (mickey@)

dev/cardbus

  ~ ohci_cardbus.c

  > make the powerhooks the responsibility of the bus ohci is attached to
  > ok uwe@ (dlg@)

dev/pci

  ~ ohci_pci.c

  > make the powerhooks the responsibility of the bus ohci is attached to
  > ok uwe@ (dlg@)

dev/usb

  ~ ohci.c

  > Use the inverse of the T bit in the HcFmRemaining register when adjusting
  > the frame length.
  > ok dlg@ (pascoe@)

  ~ ohci.c                                ~ ohcivar.h

  > make the powerhooks the responsibility of the bus ohci is attached to
  > ok uwe@ (dlg@)

  ~ ohci.c                                ~ ohcivar.h

  > restore all of the registers on resume to cope with power loss during
  > suspend which leaves the controller totally unconfigured.
  > help from and ok pascoe@ (dlg@)

isofs/udf

  ~ udf_vnops.c

  > Before doing the 8->16 bit expansion using a fixed-size buffer,
  > bound-check the string to see if it can be correctly translated. (pedro@)

  ~ udf_extern.h                          ~ udf_vnops.c

  > Export udf_transname(), which will be needed
  > by disklabel spoofing code later on. (pedro@)

  ~ udf_vfsops.c

  > Add disklabel spoofing code for UDF. (pedro@)

  ~ osta.c

  > Better code in the OSTA CS0 compression/decompression routines. (pedro@)

  ~ udf_vnops.c

  > Insert elucidative comment about what's going on. (pedro@)

net

  ~ if.c

  > add lladdr command to ifconfig to set MAC address.	diffs from freebsd via
  > Kyunghwan KIM (prs 2117 and 2118) and Fredrik Widlund.  ok deraadt (tedu@)

scsi

  ~ sd.c                                  ~ cd.c

  > Comment typo, minor knf. No code change. (krw@)

sys

  ~ sockio.h

  > add lladdr command to ifconfig to set MAC address.	diffs from freebsd via
  > Kyunghwan KIM (prs 2117 and 2118) and Fredrik Widlund.  ok deraadt (tedu@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 10/11 ==

  ~ date.y

  > allow this to be compiled on its own for testing.
  > ok jfb@ (joris@)

  ~ add.c                                 ~ admin.c
  ~ annotate.c                            ~ checkout.c
  ~ commit.c                              ~ cvs.c
  ~ cvs.h                                 ~ diff.c
  ~ getlog.c                              ~ history.c
  ~ import.c                              ~ init.c
  ~ proto.c                               ~ remove.c
  ~ status.c                              ~ tag.c
  ~ update.c                              ~ version.c

  > move all the client commands to the new command framework.
  > eliminates a lot of duplicate code.
  > ok jfb@ (joris@)

diff3

  ~ diff3prog.c

  > Use fgetln() to read lines so we are not limited to an arbitrarily small
  > line length.  OK otto@ (millert@)

fstat

  ~ isofs.c

  > nlist.h not needed (deraadt@)

netstat

  ~ ns.c                                  ~ ipx.c
  ~ atalk.c

  > include nlist.h not needed (deraadt@)

  ~ mroute.c

  > spacing (deraadt@)

  ~ main.c                                ~ netstat.1
  ~ netstat.h                             ~ route.c

  > kill -S; ok henning (jaredy@)

  ~ inet.c

  > spacing (deraadt@)

  ~ main.c

  > remove nlist items no longer used; ok henning (deraadt@)

pagesize

  ~ pagesize.1

  > pagesize(1) uses sysctl(8) instead of getpagesize(3)
  > lots of input and ok jmc@ (martin@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 11/11 ==

adduser

  ~ adduser.perl

  > Use getcap to pull out login.conf entries that contain a localcipher
  > entry instead of giving the user a list of all possible login
  > classes.  This makes the default list "daemon default staff" instead
  > of listing all the stub classed only meant for inclusion into the
  > real classes. (millert@)

apm

  ~ apm.c

  > spacing (deraadt@)

bgpd

  ~ kroute.c

  > interface validation cleanup / fixes
  > there's some nastiness in the interface validation.
  > clean up by centralizing the checks in kif_validate().
  > claudio ok (henning@)

  ~ bgpd.c                                ~ config.c
  ~ session.c

  > bgpd used to open listeners in advance in the parent and the SE picked
  > those it needed, closing all the others. this has some nasty races.
  > so let the parent keep the list of listeners so it knows when it has
  > to open a new one
  > claudio ok, also tested by jason ackley (henning@)

sasyncd

  + Makefile                              + carp.c
  + conf.c                                + log.c
  + net.c                                 + net.h
  + net_ctl.c                             + net_ssl.c
  + pfkey.c                               + sasyncd.8
  + sasyncd.c                             + sasyncd.conf.5
  + sasyncd.h                             + timer.c

  > Move sasyncd(8), for IPsec SA synchronization, in-tree. Work in progress.
  > deraadt@ ok. (ho@)

  ~ conf.c                                ~ log.c
  ~ sasyncd.c

  > Fix some stuff noted by Theo. (ho@)

tcpdump

  ~ tcpdump.c

  > output final summary to stderr instead of stdout,
  > so it won't get mixed when tcpdump -w - is used.
  > ok henning@ deraadt@ (moritz@)

  ~ privsep_pcap.c