[odc] Daily src changes for 2005-03-05

ODC auto at squish.net
Sun Mar 6 07:00:38 GMT 2005

distrib/notes                           distrib/sets
libexec/ftp-proxy                       libexec/makewhatis
libexec/tftpd                           sbin/isakmpd
share/man                               sys/arch/amd64/conf
sys/arch/i386/conf                      sys/arch/macppc/conf
sys/arch/sgi/conf                       sys/arch/sparc64/conf
sys/arch/sparc64/dev                    sys/conf
sys/dev/cardbus                         sys/dev/ieee1394
sys/dev/pci                             sys/dev/sbus
sys/dev/std                             sys/dev/usb
sys/netinet                             usr.bin/cvs

== distrib =========================================================== 01/06 ==

  ~ sparc64/hardware

  > Sync with reality (miod@)

  ~ lists/base/md.cats                    ~ lists/base/md.hp300
  ~ lists/base/md.hppa                    ~ lists/base/md.i386
  ~ lists/base/md.luna88k                 ~ lists/base/md.mac68k
  ~ lists/base/md.macppc                  ~ lists/base/md.mvme68k
  ~ lists/base/md.mvme88k                 ~ lists/base/md.mvmeppc
  ~ lists/base/md.sgi                     ~ lists/base/md.sparc
  ~ lists/base/md.sparc64                 ~ lists/base/md.vax
  ~ lists/base/md.zaurus                  ~ lists/comp/mi
  ~ lists/man/mi

  > Sync (miod@)

== libexec =========================================================== 02/06 ==

ftp-proxy

  ~ ftp-proxy.c

  > Check snprintf return value for -1.
  > OK otto, henning, hshoexer, krw, beck (cloder@)

makewhatis

  ~ OpenBSD/Makewhatis.pm                 ~ OpenBSD/Makewhatis/Check.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/Makewhatis/Find.pm            ~ OpenBSD/Makewhatis/Formated.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/Makewhatis/Whatis.pm

  > bit of clean-up, cosmetic, style, comments. (espie@)

tftpd

  ~ tftpd.c

  > Check snprintf return value for failure.  Also fix a dumb error message.
  > OK otto, henning, hshoexer, krw.  Some input from Moritz which I have
  > chosen not to heed because I think the code is easier to read my way.
  > (cloder@)

== sbin ============================================================== 03/06 ==

isakmpd

  ~ udp.c                                 ~ udp_encap.c
  ~ virtual.c

  > No need for err.h. hshoexer@ ok (ho@)

  ~ nat_traversal.c

  > Add RFC3947 NAT-T vendor ID string. hshoexer@ ok. (ho@)

  ~ exchange.c                            ~ message.c

  > Silence a couple of annoying gcc3 warnings. hshoexer@ ok. (ho@)

  ~ ike_quick_mode.c

  > No need to use a local hashsize. hshoexer@ ok. (ho@)

  ~ message.c

  > No need to allocate a local digest buffer. Cleanup error path. hshoexer@
  > ok. (ho@)

  ~ ipsec.c

  > Always use correct byte order when stuffing port numbers into packets.
  > OK hshoexer@, ho@ (cloder@)

== share ============================================================= 04/06 ==

  ~ man4/sbus.4                           ~ man4/man4.sparc64/Makefile
  ~ man4/man4.sparc64/intro.4             + man4/man4.sparc64/xbox.4

  > Preliminary xbox support: attaches, memory mapping and interrupts work, but
  > DMA transfers are not implemented yet, and are disabled (which causes
  > drivers
  > to SBus cards on the xbox to fail to attach).
  > In practice, this allows frame buffers to work, maybe more devices; DMA
  > support will be worked on in the near future. (miod@)

  ~ man4/man4.sparc64/Makefile            ~ man4/man4.sparc64/agten.4
  ~ man4/man4.sparc64/bwtwo.4             ~ man4/man4.sparc64/cgsix.4
  ~ man4/man4.sparc64/cgthree.4           ~ man4/man4.sparc64/creator.4
  ~ man4/man4.sparc64/intro.4             ~ man4/man4.sparc64/mgx.4
  ~ man4/man4.sparc64/rfx.4               ~ man4/man4.sparc64/tvtwo.4
  ~ man4/man4.sparc64/vgafb.4             ~ man4/man4.sparc64/zx.4
  + man4/man4.sparc64/cgtwelve.4

  > Now that xbox sort-of works on sparc64, port the cgtwelve driver, since
  > the only way to connect it to a sparc64 machine is via an xbox device.
  > (miod@)

== sys =============================================================== 05/06 ==

arch/amd64/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ files.amd64

  > Clean up the tree from incomplete, unreliable and unsupported IEEE1394
  > code.
  > Ok deraadt@, miod@ (tdeval@)

arch/i386/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ files.i386

  > Clean up the tree from incomplete, unreliable and unsupported IEEE1394
  > code.
  > Ok deraadt@, miod@ (tdeval@)

arch/macppc/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ files.macppc

  > Clean up the tree from incomplete, unreliable and unsupported IEEE1394
  > code.
  > Ok deraadt@, miod@ (tdeval@)

arch/sgi/conf

  ~ files.sgi

  > Clean up the tree from incomplete, unreliable and unsupported IEEE1394
  > code.
  > Ok deraadt@, miod@ (tdeval@)

arch/sparc64/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK
  ~ RAMDISKU1                             ~ files.sparc64

  > Preliminary xbox support: attaches, memory mapping and interrupts work, but
  > DMA transfers are not implemented yet, and are disabled (which causes
  > drivers
  > to SBus cards on the xbox to fail to attach).
  > In practice, this allows frame buffers to work, maybe more devices; DMA
  > support will be worked on in the near future. (miod@)

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK
  ~ RAMDISKU1

  > Now that xbox sort-of works on sparc64, port the cgtwelve driver, since
  > the only way to connect it to a sparc64 machine is via an xbox device.
  > (miod@)

arch/sparc64/dev

  ~ sbus.c                                ~ sbusvar.h

  > Preliminary xbox support: attaches, memory mapping and interrupts work, but
  > DMA transfers are not implemented yet, and are disabled (which causes
  > drivers
  > to SBus cards on the xbox to fail to attach).
  > In practice, this allows frame buffers to work, maybe more devices; DMA
  > support will be worked on in the near future. (miod@)

conf

  ~ files

  > Clean up the tree from incomplete, unreliable and unsupported IEEE1394
  > code.
  > Ok deraadt@, miod@ (tdeval@)

dev/cardbus

  - fwohci_cardbus.c                      ~ files.cardbus

  > Clean up the tree from incomplete, unreliable and unsupported IEEE1394
  > code.
  > Ok deraadt@, miod@ (tdeval@)

dev/ieee1394

  - IMPLEMENTATION                        - TODO
  - files.ieee1394                        - fwnode.c
  - fwnodereg.h                           - fwnodevar.h
  - fwohci.c                              - fwohcireg.h
  - fwohcivar.h                           - fwscsi.c
  - ieee1394reg.h                         - ieee1394var.h

  > Clean up the tree from incomplete, unreliable and unsupported IEEE1394
  > code.
  > Ok deraadt@, miod@ (tdeval@)

dev/pci

  - fwlynx_pci.c                          - fwohci_pci.c
  ~ files.pci

  > Clean up the tree from incomplete, unreliable and unsupported IEEE1394
  > code.
  > Ok deraadt@, miod@ (tdeval@)

dev/sbus

  ~ files.sbus                            ~ sbusvar.h
  + xbox.c                                + xboxreg.h
  + xboxvar.h

  > Preliminary xbox support: attaches, memory mapping and interrupts work, but
  > DMA transfers are not implemented yet, and are disabled (which causes
  > drivers
  > to SBus cards on the xbox to fail to attach).
  > In practice, this allows frame buffers to work, maybe more devices; DMA
  > support will be worked on in the near future. (miod@)

  ~ files.sbus                            + cgtwelve.c
  + cgtwelvereg.h

  > Now that xbox sort-of works on sparc64, port the cgtwelve driver, since
  > the only way to connect it to a sparc64 machine is via an xbox device.
  > (miod@)

dev/std

  - SBP2.roadmap                          - ieee1212.c
  - ieee1212reg.h                         - ieee1212var.h
  - sbp2.c                                - sbp2reg.h
  - sbp2var.h

  > Clean up the tree from incomplete, unreliable and unsupported IEEE1394
  > code.
  > Ok deraadt@, miod@ (tdeval@)

dev/usb

  ~ usbdevs

  > OQO/0003 is bluetooth interface (itojun@)

  > regen (itojun@)

netinet

  ~ ip_carp.c

  > Remove code which enforces a advskew=0 for the case
  > that carp shares the IP addresse with its physical interface.
  > It's neither supported nor needed, since we have carpdev now.
  > ok mcbride@ (mpf@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 06/06 ==

  ~ file.c

  > make sure that errors from cvs_file_lget() cascade down instead of
  > ignoring them
  > ok joris@ (jfb@)

  ~ rcs.c                                 ~ rcs.h

  > functions to manage the locking mode of RCS file (jfb@)

  ~ rcs.h

  > unbreak the RCS_KWEXP_INVAL() macro (jfb@)

  ~ rcs.c

  > identify ID tokens correctly and fix parsing of RCS files containing
  > no revisions (jfb@)

  ~ rcs.c                                 ~ rcs.h
  ~ rcsnum.c

  > add RCS error codes and a global variable to hold the last error
  > and make the code less verbose at the same time (jfb@)

  ~ file.c

  > fix file loading when recursion is disabled.  this should fix the
  > weird behaviour encountered when using the -l option to most
  > commands
  > ok joris@ (jfb@)

  ~ rcs.c                                 ~ rcs.h

  > add functions to retrieve and set the comment leader for an RCS
  > file (jfb@)

  ~ import.c

  > free bnum when we are done using it, also use rcsnum_parse() instead
  > of our own combination of rcsnum_alloc() and rcsnum_aton().
  > ok jfb@ (joris@)

  + rcs.1                                 + rcsprog.c
  + rcs/Makefile

  > basic implementation of the rcs(1) tool, very useful in debugging the
  > RCS code.  options will get supported as the missing bits get added
  > to the RCS parsing and output code (jfb@)

  ~ rcs.1

  > fix SEE ALSO;
  > add -V to SYNOPSIS; (jmc@)