[odc] Daily src changes for 2005-03-23

ODC auto at squish.net
Thu Mar 24 07:00:22 GMT 2005

lib/libc                                libexec/ld.so
sbin/routed                             sys/arch/sparc/dev
sys/arch/sparc/include                  sys/arch/sparc/sparc
sys/dev/ic                              sys/dev/microcode
sys/dev/pci                             sys/dev/usb
sys/net                                 usr.bin/cvs
usr.sbin/bgpd                           usr.sbin/ntpd
usr.sbin/ospfctl                        usr.sbin/ospfd

== lib =============================================================== 01/06 ==

  ~ gmon/gmon.c                           ~ gmon/mcount.c

  > deregister & ansify. ok deraad@ marco@ cloder@ (otto@)

  ~ db/btree/bt_close.c                   ~ db/btree/bt_conv.c
  ~ db/btree/bt_debug.c                   ~ db/btree/bt_delete.c
  ~ db/btree/bt_get.c                     ~ db/btree/bt_open.c
  ~ db/btree/bt_overflow.c                ~ db/btree/bt_page.c
  ~ db/btree/bt_put.c                     ~ db/btree/bt_search.c
  ~ db/btree/bt_seq.c                     ~ db/btree/bt_split.c
  ~ db/btree/bt_utils.c                   ~ db/db/db.c
  ~ db/hash/hash.c                        ~ db/hash/hash_bigkey.c
  ~ db/hash/hash_buf.c                    ~ db/hash/hash_func.c
  ~ db/hash/hash_page.c                   ~ db/mpool/mpool.c
  ~ db/recno/rec_close.c                  ~ db/recno/rec_delete.c
  ~ db/recno/rec_get.c                    ~ db/recno/rec_open.c
  ~ db/recno/rec_put.c                    ~ db/recno/rec_search.c
  ~ db/recno/rec_seq.c                    ~ db/recno/rec_utils.c

  > ansify. ok deraadt@ moritz@ (otto@)

  ~ locale/localeconv.c                   ~ locale/nl_langinfo.c
  ~ locale/setlocale.c                    ~ nls/_catclose.c
  ~ nls/_catgets.c                        ~ nls/_catopen.c
  ~ nls/catclose.c                        ~ nls/catgets.c
  ~ nls/catopen.c

  > ansify. ok deraadt@ millert@ (otto@)

== libexec =========================================================== 02/06 ==

ld.so

  ~ Makefile                              ~ library.c
  ~ library_mquery.c                      ~ resolve.h
  + library_subr.c

  > Code reorganization, move copied code in library.c and library_mquery.c
  > into its own file. no functional change. (drahn@)

== sbin ============================================================== 03/06 ==

routed

  ~ rtquery/rtquery.8                     ~ rtquery/rtquery.c

  > - remove references to gated
  > - add -t to synopsis
  > - sort options
  > - sync usage()
  > - use Rs/Re for references
  > - fix list placement
  > - make clear that rtquery queries ripv1/2 routing daemons
  > much help + ok henning@ claudio@ (jmc@)

  ~ routed.8                              ~ main.c

  > - remove non-existent -p option
  > - sort options
  > - sync usage()
  > - various formatting tweaks
  > - -A reworded for clarity
  > - update SEE ALSO
  > much help + ok henning@ claudio@ (jmc@)

arch/sparc/dev

  ~ p9000.c                               ~ p9100.c

  > Do not set up accelerated operations if we fail to unbusy the blitter in
  > a reasonable amount of time. (miod@)

  ~ cgfourteen.c

  > Do not bzero() too far when setting up 32-bit mode. (miod@)

  ~ zx.c

  > Set up a shutdown hook to put the display back to a PROM-compatible mode
  > at shutdown if necessary. (miod@)

  ~ if_ie.c

  > Move wzero() and wcopy() from machdep.c to where they are really used.
  > (miod@)

  ~ power.c                               ~ power.h

  > Match power on the SPARCbook's auxio2, but prefer tctrl poweroff if
  > both power0 and tctrl0 are configured.
  > This allows installation media to poweroff quickly on SPARCbooks. (miod@)

  ~ fd.c

  > Kill the sparc-specific mountroot hooks (which are run before the root
  > filesystem is mounted, unlike the MI mountroot hooks). They were only
  > used to allow root on floppy in the long dead two-floppies installation
  > method. (miod@)

  ~ agten.c                               ~ bwtwo.c
  ~ cgeight.c                             ~ cgfour.c
  ~ cgfourteen.c                          ~ cgsix.c
  ~ cgthree.c                             ~ cgtwelve.c
  ~ cgtwo.c                               ~ fb.c
  ~ mgx.c                                 ~ p9000.c
  ~ p9100.c                               ~ rfx.c
  ~ tcx.c                                 ~ tvtwo.c
  ~ vigra.c                               ~ zx.c

  > Move the alloc_screen, free_screen and show_screen wsdisplay accessops to
  > the common frame buffer code, rather than duplicating it in every driver.
  > No functional change. (miod@)

arch/sparc/include

  ~ cpu.h

  > Move wzero() and wcopy() from machdep.c to where they are really used.
  > (miod@)

  ~ autoconf.h

  > Kill the sparc-specific mountroot hooks (which are run before the root
  > filesystem is mounted, unlike the MI mountroot hooks). They were only
  > used to allow root on floppy in the long dead two-floppies installation
  > method. (miod@)

  ~ fbvar.h

  > Move the alloc_screen, free_screen and show_screen wsdisplay accessops to
  > the common frame buffer code, rather than duplicating it in every driver.
  > No functional change. (miod@)

arch/sparc/sparc

  ~ machdep.c

  > Move wzero() and wcopy() from machdep.c to where they are really used.
  > (miod@)

  ~ machdep.c

  > Match power on the SPARCbook's auxio2, but prefer tctrl poweroff if
  > both power0 and tctrl0 are configured.
  > This allows installation media to poweroff quickly on SPARCbooks. (miod@)

  ~ autoconf.c

  > Kill the sparc-specific mountroot hooks (which are run before the root
  > filesystem is mounted, unlike the MI mountroot hooks). They were only
  > used to allow root on floppy in the long dead two-floppies installation
  > method. (miod@)

dev/ic

  ~ ral.c

  > do packet accounting (opackets/oerrors/ierrors). (damien@)

  ~ ar5211.c                              ~ ar5212.c

  > fix a possible kernel panic in the ar5211 and ar5212 detach functions.
  > closes PR #4153. (reyk@)

dev/microcode

  ~ aic7xxx/aic79xx.seq

  > typo corrections; ok krw a long time ago (deraadt@)

dev/pci

  ~ if_ipw.c                              ~ if_iwi.c

  > do packet accounting (opackets/oerrors/ierrors). (damien@)

dev/usb

  ~ if_ral.c

  > USB_DEBUG implies URAL_DEBUG.
  > ok damien@ (dlg@)

  ~ if_ral.c

  > print the mac address in dmesg like every other nic we have
  > ok damien@ (dlg@)

  ~ if_ral.c

  > do packet accounting (opackets/oerrors/ierrors). (damien@)

  ~ usbdevs.h

  > regen. (damien@)

  ~ usbdevs_data.h

  > regen. (damien@)

  ~ usbdevs

  > more ural devices (damien@)

  ~ if_ral.c

  > add new vendor/product ids. (damien@)

  ~ if_ral.c

  > use URAL_DEBUG not RAL_DEBUG. use logprintf for consistency. default to
  > debug level 0. (damien@)

net

  ~ if_spppsubr.c

  > Follow RFC and do not reset timeouts everytime sppp_cp_change_state()
  > is called. Makes two sppp instances to handshake against each other.
  > Tested by Greg Mortensen, ok claudio@ (canacar@)

  ~ if_spppsubr.c                         ~ if_sppp.h

  > Merge some sppp improvements from NetBSD:
  > 1. better timeout and keepalive handling
  > 2. fix some memory leaks on error paths.
  > 3. use arc4random instead of random
  > 4. always send keepalives in cHDLC mode, from claudio@
  > Tested by Greg Mortensen (san) and jmc@ (pppoe), ok claudio@ (canacar@)

  + date.y

  > public domain yacc date parser with a first round of knf (jfb@)

  + strtab.c                              + strtab.h

  > move the filename string table code in a separate file so we can use it
  > in more places
  > ok joris@, xsa@ (jfb@)

  ~ bgpd.h                                ~ imsg.c

  > ssize_t -> size_t, from ntpd, there from Alexander von Gernler (henning@)

  ~ buffer.c

  > remove now osolete comment, from a mail exchange with
  > Alexander von Gernler <grunk at pestilenz.org> (henning@)

  ~ parse.y                               ~ config.c

  > Move the neighbor checking code from merge_config() to
  > neighbor_consistent()
  > where it belongs. OK henning@ (claudio@)

ntpd

  ~ imsg.c                                ~ ntpd.h

  > wpos in struct buf_read and datalen in imsg_get should be size_t and not
  > ssize_t
  > From: Alexander von Gernler <grunk at pestilenz.org> (henning@)

  ~ buffer.c

  > remove now osolete comment, from a mail exchange with
  > Alexander von Gernler <grunk at pestilenz.org> (henning@)

ospfctl

  ~ ospfctl.c

  > Sync mask2prefixlen() with the kroute.c version of ospfd because they share
  > the same prototype definition comming from ospfd.h.
  > OK norby@ (claudio@)

ospfd

  ~ imsg.c                                ~ ospfd.h

  > ssize_t -> size_t, from ntpd, there from Alexander von Gernler (henning@)

  ~ kroute.c

  > explicitely initialize opt, from bgpd (henning@)

  ~ kroute.c                              ~ ospfd.h

  > grow receive buffer on the routing socket, from bgpd (henning@)

  ~ buffer.c

  > remove now osolete comment, from a mail exchange with
  > Alexander von Gernler <grunk at pestilenz.org> (henning@)

  ~ kroute.c                              ~ ospfd.h
  ~ rde_spf.c

  > prefixlen2mask() should return a network byte order result as it does imply
  > by using an in_addr_t as return type. It simplyfies also the usage as in
  > most
  > cases the mask is used with a struct in_addr address which is also network
  > byte order. Add prototypes of prefixlen2mask() and mask2prefixlen() to
  > ospfd.h as it is used or will be used at different places.
  > OK norby@ (claudio@)

  ~ kroute.c

  > The interface name in struct sockaddr_dl may not be nul terminated and
  > so the strlcpy() will copy to much. Use sa_nlen instead with some
  > additional
  > logic. This fixes a problem where interfaces where not found.
  > OK norby@ (claudio@)

  ~ lsreq.c