[odc] Daily src changes for 2005-11-14

ODC auto at squish.net
Tue Nov 15 07:00:48 GMT 2005

distrib/sets                            gnu/usr.sbin/sendmail
lib/libc                                lib/libedit
lib/libpthread                          regress/usr.bin
sbin/ifconfig                           sbin/isakmpd
sbin/raidctl                            share/man
sys/arch/amd64/conf                     sys/arch/hp300/dev
sys/arch/i386/include                   sys/arch/i386/stand/libsa
sys/arch/macppc/conf                    sys/arch/macppc/dev
sys/arch/sparc64/conf                   sys/dev/ic
sys/dev/isa                             sys/dev/pci
sys/net                                 usr.bin/apply
usr.bin/calendar                        usr.bin/chpass
usr.bin/cvs                             usr.bin/from
usr.bin/last                            usr.bin/patch
usr.bin/rcs                             usr.sbin/ospfd

== distrib =========================================================== 01/09 ==

  ~ lists/comp/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

  ~ lists/base/mi                         ~ lists/man/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

== gnu =============================================================== 02/09 ==

usr.sbin/sendmail

  ~ makemap/makemap.c

  > Tab was hard-coded as delimeter for undump even though it can be
  > specified with -t.	Problem found (and slightly different diff)
  > by robert@ (millert@)

== lib =============================================================== 03/09 ==

  ~ stdio/fopen.3

  > clarify the description of append mode;
  > this comes originally from a mail from mpech@;
  > ok otto@, and no one else objected; (jmc@)

libedit

  ~ readline.c

  > use asprintf() (deraadt@)

libpthread

  ~ man/pthread_atfork.3

  > revert this file to -r1.2, when it was originally written,
  > because of an unacceptable license:
  > the file was originally written by david leonard, who has kindly agreed
  > to us putting a (public domain) license on it: the original page did not
  > contain any license. thanks david.
  > this also includes some tweaks by me, so it does not exactly match
  > revision 1.2. (jmc@)

== regress =========================================================== 04/09 ==

usr.bin

  ~ ssh/agent-getpeereid.sh

  > all other scripts in this dir use $SUDO, not 'sudo', so pull this even
  > ok markus@ (grunk@)

== sbin ============================================================== 05/09 ==

ifconfig

  ~ ifconfig.8                            ~ ifconfig.c

  > add -descr / -description to clear the interface description, noticed todd
  > (henning@)

isakmpd

  ~ conf.c                                ~ field.c
  ~ ike_auth.c                            ~ ike_quick_mode.c
  ~ pf_key_v2.c                           ~ policy.c
  ~ ui.c                                  ~ x509.c

  > use snprintf; ok cloder.  also looked at by a few other people (deraadt@)

raidctl

  ~ raidctl.c

  > use asprintf
  > and do fstat() on the opened fd, instead of stat() before open()
  > from dhill at mindcry.orgeraadt@)

== share ============================================================= 06/09 ==

  ~ man9/Makefile                         + man9/pci_conf_read.9

  > a quick page for pci_conf_read/write/make_tag (mickey@)

  ~ man9/pci_conf_read.9

  > oops. proper .dt (mickey@)

  ~ man9/pci_conf_read.9                  ~ man9/Makefile

  > add pci_decompose_tag() (mickey@)

  ~ man4/pci.4                            ~ man9/pci_conf_read.9

  > pci apaprently came in 1.2! (mickey@)

  ~ man4/man4.hp300/hd.4

  > Drop the disktab information and the associated BUGS entry - it's been a
  > while
  > since we actually put and use a label on HP-IB disks. (miod@)

  ~ man4/man4.hp300/nhpib.4

  > Describe (shortly) both fhpib and nhpib there. (miod@)

  ~ man4/Makefile                         + man4/lmenv.4

  > man page for new kettenis lmenv(4) [macppc only for now, but later will be
  > generic] (deraadt@)

  ~ man4/Makefile                         ~ man4/pci.4
  + man4/ixgb.4

  > add an initial cut at a ixgb(4) man page, derived from the em(4) man page.
  > (brad@)

== sys =============================================================== 07/09 ==

arch/amd64/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK_CD

  > add de and pcn (brad@)

arch/hp300/dev

  ~ hd.c                                  ~ ppi.c

  > hz is defined in <sys/kernel.h> (miod@)

  ~ hd.c

  > constuct -> construct (miod@)

  ~ hd.c                                  ~ hdvar.h

  > Make HDWAITC and HDRETRY overridable in the kernel configuration file;
  > while there, constify option DEBUG message tables. (miod@)

  ~ hpib.c

  > Use config_found_sm() in the probe machinery. This is simpler and allows us
  > to report HP-IB devices found for which no driver attached. (miod@)

  ~ spc.c

  > Restore the disk blinkenlichten lost with the new scsi code, and hp300
  > users
  > like me again. (miod@)

arch/i386/include

  ~ param.h                               ~ pmap.h

  > convert and remove the last traces of i386_round_page(),
  > i386_trunc_page(), i386_btop() and i386_ptob() (martin@)

arch/i386/stand/libsa

  ~ apmprobe.c

  > convert and remove the last traces of i386_round_page(),
  > i386_trunc_page(), i386_btop() and i386_ptob() (martin@)

arch/macppc/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ files.macppc

  > Add lmenv(4), an System Hardware Minitor device that attaches to the I2C
  > bus.
  > ok deraadt@ (kettenis@)

arch/macppc/dev

  + lm87.c

  > Add lmenv(4), an System Hardware Minitor device that attaches to the I2C
  > bus.
  > ok deraadt@ (kettenis@)

  ~ lm87.c

  > bah, enable the lm87 stuff for G4 even if it does not work (deraadt@)

  ~ ki2c.c                                ~ ki2cvar.h

  > there are actually two ports on the ki2c unit.  if the OF address has
  > the 0x80 bit set, the device is on the 2nd port.  ok kettenis (deraadt@)

arch/sparc64/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK

  > add de and pcn (brad@)

dev/ic

  ~ elink3.c

  > ep_w1_reg() returns int thus no need to stuff it into bus_addr_t (mickey@)

  ~ lemac.c

  > register offsets [against bh] are expected bus_size_t and not bus_addr_t
  > (mickey@)

dev/isa

  ~ if_lc_isa.c

  > msize is proper bus_size_t (mickey@)

dev/pci

  ~ pciide_sii3112_reg.h

  > the registers used are either offsets or are in pci conf space thus use
  > proper types (mickey@)

  ~ if_bge.c

  > bus_size_t is a more proper type for a register offset [against bh]
  > (mickey@)

  ~ if_em.c

  > remove unused HW VLAN tagging support which cannot be used due to HW
  > limitations.
  > ok dlg@ (brad@)

  ~ if_lmc_types.h

  > all csr ptrs are offsets and thus bus_size_t not bus_addr_t (mickey@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > Some additional devices from a bunch of submitted dmesgs. (jsg@)

  > regen (jsg@)

  ~ if_em.c

  > remove unused em_print_debug_info() function. (brad@)

  ~ if_em.c

  > re-add comment which is still valid for em_print_hw_stats(). (brad@)

  ~ files.pci                             + if_ixgb.c
  + if_ixgb.h                             + if_ixgb_osdep.h
  + ixgb_ee.c                             + ixgb_ee.h
  + ixgb_hw.c                             + ixgb_hw.h
  + ixgb_ids.h

  > add Intel 10Gb Ethernet driver with support for LR/SR and CX4 cards.
  > From: Intel's web-site
  > ok deraadt@ (brad@)

net

  ~ pf.c

  > fix spello (pascoe@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 08/09 ==

apply

  ~ apply.c

  > use asprintf() (deraadt@)

calendar

  ~ io.c

  > use asprintf(); ok mickey (deraadt@)

chpass

  ~ edit.c

  > use asprintf (deraadt@)

cvs

  ~ diff.c

  > minor knf; (xsa@)

from

  ~ from.c

  > spacing (deraadt@)

last

  ~ last.c

  > fix fd leak; then i got a bit carried away making the code prettier
  > (deraadt@)

patch

  ~ inp.c

  > constuct -> construct (miod@)