[odc] Daily src changes for 2005-11-27

ODC auto at squish.net
Mon Nov 28 07:00:37 GMT 2005

distrib/sparc64                         gnu/usr.bin/lynx
lib/libc                                sbin/ipsecctl
sbin/mount_cd9660                       sbin/mount_udf
sbin/route                              share/man
sys/arch/amd64/stand/cdboot             sys/arch/i386/stand/cdboot
sys/arch/m88k/m88k                      sys/arch/mvme68k/conf
sys/arch/mvme68k/dev                    sys/arch/mvme68k/include
sys/arch/mvme68k/mvme68k                sys/arch/mvme88k/include
sys/dev/ic                              sys/dev/pci
sys/kern                                sys/net
sys/netinet                             sys/netinet6
usr.bin/man                             usr.bin/rcs
usr.sbin/openssl                        usr.sbin/vnconfig
usr.sbin/wsfontload

== distrib =========================================================== 01/08 ==

sparc64

  ~ mksuncd/mksuncd.1

  > ISOXXX/ISO-XXX -> ISO XXX (jmc@)

== gnu =============================================================== 02/08 ==

usr.bin/lynx

  ~ aclocal.m4                            ~ configure
  ~ WWW/Library/Implementation/HTTP.c     ~ src/HTML.c
  ~ src/LYUtils.c

  > make lynx(1) to use arc4random(4) instead of other random functions;
  > avoid a segfault by checking the value of TAB TO;
  > from Alexey Dobriyan <adobriyan at gmail.compushed by deraadt@ (robert@)

== lib =============================================================== 03/08 ==

  ~ locale/mbrtowc_sb.c

  > Add a cast for (size_t)-1 because we know what we're doing, the ISO std.
  > says this is what we're supposed to return.  Makes lint happy.
  > OK deraadt, espie (cloder@)

== sbin ============================================================== 04/08 ==

ipsecctl

  ~ parse.y

  > truly permit auth/enc/comp expressions to be in any order
  > hshoexer will add back in the contraint language (deraadt@)

  ~ parse.y

  > sanity check constraints for transforms.
  > ok deraadt@ (hshoexer@)

mount_cd9660

  ~ mount_cd9660.8

  > .Xr vnconfig 8 (jmc@)

  ~ mount_cd9660.8

  > ISOXXX/ISO-XXX -> ISO XXX (jmc@)

mount_udf

  ~ mount_udf.8

  > .Xr vnconfig 8 (jmc@)

route

  ~ Makefile

  > BINMODE not needed (deraadt@)

== share ============================================================= 05/08 ==

  ~ man4/ipsec.4

  > remove trailing whitespace; (jmc@)

  ~ man4/emu.4

  > Up 1024 -> Up to 1024
  > From NetBSD (brad@)

  ~ man5/fstab.5                          ~ man8/compat_ibcs2.8

  > ISOXXX/ISO-XXX -> ISO XXX (jmc@)

== sys =============================================================== 06/08 ==

arch/amd64/stand/cdboot

  ~ cdboot.8

  > ISOXXX/ISO-XXX -> ISO XXX (jmc@)

arch/i386/stand/cdboot

  ~ cdboot.8

  > ISOXXX/ISO-XXX -> ISO XXX (jmc@)

arch/m88k/m88k

  ~ process.S

  > In the core of the idle loop, be sure to invoke spl0 more than once to
  > process soft interrupts; fixes luna88k hanging after the rootdev line.
  > Tested aoyama@ martin@ and I (miod@)

arch/mvme68k/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ MVME147
  ~ MVME162                               ~ MVME167
  ~ MVME177                               ~ RAMDISK
  ~ files.mvme68k

  > Get rid of the `len' locator for VME devices, since mappings have a page
  > granularity anyway; devices who would want more than one page mapped in
  > order to probe for the hardware can take appropriate action in their
  > cfmatch
  > routine anyway. (miod@)

arch/mvme68k/dev

  ~ ipic.c                                ~ vme.c

  > Get rid of the `len' locator for VME devices, since mappings have a page
  > granularity anyway; devices who would want more than one page mapped in
  > order to probe for the hardware can take appropriate action in their
  > cfmatch
  > routine anyway. (miod@)

arch/mvme68k/include

  ~ autoconf.h

  > Nuke autoconf.h commons. (miod@)

  ~ autoconf.h

  > Get rid of the `len' locator for VME devices, since mappings have a page
  > granularity anyway; devices who would want more than one page mapped in
  > order to probe for the hardware can take appropriate action in their
  > cfmatch
  > routine anyway. (miod@)

arch/mvme68k/mvme68k

  ~ autoconf.c

  > Nuke autoconf.h commons. (miod@)

arch/mvme88k/include

  ~ param.h

  > Hide a few things from _LOCORE. (miod@)

dev/ic

  ~ ami.c

  > Fix ami_freemem() by initializing segp before using it.
  > ok marco@ (krw@)

  ~ ami.c

  > Prevent scsi pass-through busses from attaching when a board is marked
  > broken.
  > ok dlg@ (marco@)

  ~ aic79xx.c

  > Don't use dmamap->dm_nsegs after calling bus_dmamap_unload() on
  > dmamap. bus_dmamap_unload() invalidates dm_nsegs. Instead, use a saved
  > value of dm_nsegs when calling bus_dmamem_free().
  > ok marco@ (krw@)

dev/pci

  ~ if_bge.c                              ~ if_bgereg.h

  > add initial support for  ASF.
  > this should allow IPMI BMC pass-through to work once the OS is running.
  > From Doug Ambrisko on the FreeBSD net list. Based on the Linux tg3 driver.
  > (brad@)

  ~ if_bge.c

  > Use pci_get_capability() to check if were on a PCI Express card or not.
  > (brad@)

  ~ if_em.c

  > Since reception of Jumbo frames is enabled by default; ensure proper
  > alignment with m_adj() in em_get_buf() whether the MTU is bumped higher
  > or not. (brad@)

  > regen (brad@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > - add Creative PCI ids for AWE64D, SoundBlaster Audigy 1/2/4, and another
  > PCI
  > joystick port.
  > - mention the name Yukon for the Belkin Yukon entry. (brad@)

kern

  ~ vfs_syscalls.c

  > Don't set MNT_UPDATE and MNT_RELOAD before acquiring the mount point
  > lock. Fixes a race as seen on PR kern/4915. Okay miod@ and joris@,
  > tested by krw@ and hshoexer@, thanks. (pedro@)

net

  ~ if_trunk.c                            ~ if_trunk.h

  > Make the trunk interface link state depend on the link states of the
  > trunkports (link is UP as long as at least one of the trunkports is up)
  > ok reyk@ (mcbride@)

  ~ if_trunk.c

  > Fix dereference of uninitialised pointer in trunk_input() error path.
  > ok reyk@ (mcbride@)

  ~ if_trunk.c

  > Attempt to accept a packet only once when operating in failover mode.
  > Makes trunk usable with hubs or switches which don't have actual trunk
  > support.
  > ok reyk@ (mcbride@)

  ~ if_trunk.c

  > Move bpf_mtap() after trunk_*_input() so that we hopefull see only one
  > copy of the packet with bpf.
  > ok reyk@ (mcbride@)

  ~ if.c                                  ~ route.c
  ~ route.h                               ~ rtsock.c

  > don't let anything outside route.c access the routing table heads directly,
  > but go through a provided wrapper.
  > also provide rt_lookup() instead of doing the lookup manually in many
  > places.
  > ryan ok (henning@)

  ~ rtsock.c

  > repair builds.  ramdisk kernels forgotten about again. (deraadt@)

netinet

  ~ ip_carp.c

  > Sort the IP addresses in ascending order when doing the carp hmac; makes
  > alias address order on the interface irrelevant.
  > prodding by henning@, ok mpf@ (mcbride@)

  ~ ip_carp.c

  > Completly remove transition path INIT -> MASTER.
  > A bug introduced in -r 1.4 led lower priotorized hosts
  > switching to MASTER state for a short time at bootup,
  > if preemption was enabled.
  > OK mcbride@ (mpf@)

  ~ if_ether.c                            ~ ip_carp.c

  > don't let anything outside route.c access the routing table heads directly,
  > but go through a provided wrapper.
  > also provide rt_lookup() instead of doing the lookup manually in many
  > places.
  > ryan ok (henning@)

netinet6

  ~ nd6_rtr.c

  > don't let anything outside route.c access the routing table heads directly,
  > but go through a provided wrapper.
  > also provide rt_lookup() instead of doing the lookup manually in many
  > places.
  > ryan ok (henning@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 07/08 ==

  ~ man.1

  > ISOXXX/ISO-XXX -> ISO XXX (jmc@)

rcs

  ~ co.1                                  ~ rcs.1
  ~ rcsclean.1

  > bit better description of -T;
  > ok xsa@ (jmc@)

  ~ ci.c

  > - checkin_init() IS now implemented; update comment with this happy
  > new reality. (niallo@)

  ~ rcsprog.c

  > - fix really stupid bug introduced in the last xsa commit.
  > problem found by me, joris' eyes spotted the semi colon. (niallo@)

  ~ ci.c

  > - only do one rcs_statfile() instead of two; simplify some logic. (niallo@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 08/08 ==

openssl

  ~ openssl.1

  > ISOXXX/ISO-XXX -> ISO XXX (jmc@)

vnconfig

  ~ vnconfig.8

  > make EXAMPLES a little more useful by providing some context;
  > help/ok steven@ (jmc@)

  ~ vnconfig.8

  > ISOXXX/ISO-XXX -> ISO XXX (jmc@)

wsfontload