[odc] Daily src changes for 2005-10-03

ODC auto at squish.net
Tue Oct 4 08:00:46 BST 2005

distrib/sets                            lib/libc
lib/libssl                              libexec/ld.so
sbin/ifconfig                           share/man
sys/arch/macppc/macppc                  sys/arch/macppc/pci
sys/arch/powerpc/include                sys/arch/powerpc/powerpc
sys/dev/ic                              sys/kern
sys/net                                 usr.bin/rcs
usr.bin/spell                           usr.bin/ssh
usr.sbin/ospfd

== distrib =========================================================== 01/08 ==

  ~ lists/comp/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

== lib =============================================================== 02/08 ==

  ~ gen/Makefile.inc

  > remove traces of non-existent getfstype() function;
  > ok krw@ deraadt@ (jmc@)

  ~ sys/Makefile.inc

  > add missing MLINK for WEXITSTATUS.2 (jmc@)

  ~ sys/mount.2

  > add struct udf_args;
  > requested by mpech@
  > ok otto@ (jmc@)

libssl

  ~ man/Makefile

  > rename OpenSSL blowfish.3 manpage to BF_set_key.3, so it doesn't clobber
  > libc manpage of the same name; reported and ok jmc@ (djm@)

== libexec =========================================================== 03/08 ==

ld.so

  ~ dlfcn.c                               ~ library.c
  ~ library_mquery.c                      ~ library_subr.c
  ~ loader.c                              ~ resolve.c

  > refcount corrections: count common dep libs once and centralize dep lib
  > refcount increments to _dl_link_sub. adjust _dl_notify_unload_shlib to
  > match new refcount method. ok drahn@ (kurt@)

  ~ dlfcn.c

  > protect against errant programs that attempt to dlclose a handle that is
  > already closed (but still around due to refs). (kurt@)

  ~ dlfcn.c

  > check opencount after handle has been verified to avoid a possible use
  > after free. (kurt@)

== sbin ============================================================== 04/08 ==

ifconfig

  ~ ifconfig.c

  > print all trunk flags
  > ok brad@ (reyk@)

== share ============================================================= 05/08 ==

  ~ man4/trunk.4

  > mention failover mode and add examples (reyk@)

  ~ man4/trunk.4

  > change trunk ifconfig examples (it's not neccessary to type "create"
  > and "up" explicitly), add "trunkproto failover" to the second example.
  > (reyk@)

  ~ man5/fstab.5

  > remove traces of non-existent getfstype() function;
  > ok krw@ deraadt@ (jmc@)

  ~ man4/trunk.4

  > tweaks;
  > ok reyk@ (jmc@)

== sys =============================================================== 06/08 ==

arch/macppc/macppc

  ~ cpu.c                                 ~ locore.S
  ~ machdep.c

  > First part of locore G5 support, this is one step of many.
  > Get this in and tested before the rest hits the tree. (drahn@)

  ~ cpu.c

  > flush correctly (deraadt@)

  ~ cpu.c

  > Add the syncs which were in a 'later' version. pointed out deraadt@
  > (drahn@)

  ~ cpu.c                                 ~ locore.S

  > pretty up the instruction whacker code; ok drahn (deraadt@)

  ~ locore.S                              ~ machdep.c

  > Handle segment register restore at context enter/exit instead of
  > deep in the kernel. Based on code from two years ago, now necessary
  > for G5. removes the 1GB ram limit on 32bit processors, temporarily
  > sets a 256MB limit on G5. (drahn@)

  ~ mainbus.c

  > system_type is apple, dont act like it is any other, ok deraadt@ (drahn@)

  ~ cpu.c

  > Put the 970 in correct sleep mode, ok deraadt@ (drahn@)

arch/macppc/pci

  ~ mpcpcibus.c

  > Kettenis figured out how to make this run on G5, then I went back and
  > did some major housecleaning on it and made it run on 32 bit and 64 bit
  > machines. another step. (drahn@)

arch/powerpc/include

  ~ pmap.h                                ~ pte.h

  > G5 pmap support, most of this G5 work has been done by kettenis@
  > without his forging ahead, it would barely be started.
  > Again this is one step of many, but needs to be tested, this is
  > independant of the locore change just committed which kettenis@ and
  > deraadt@ significantly wrote. (drahn@)

arch/powerpc/powerpc

  ~ pmap.c

  > G5 pmap support, most of this G5 work has been done by kettenis@
  > without his forging ahead, it would barely be started.
  > Again this is one step of many, but needs to be tested, this is
  > independant of the locore change just committed which kettenis@ and
  > deraadt@ significantly wrote. (drahn@)

  ~ pmap.c

  > Handle segment register restore at context enter/exit instead of
  > deep in the kernel. Based on code from two years ago, now necessary
  > for G5. removes the 1GB ram limit on 32bit processors, temporarily
  > sets a 256MB limit on G5. (drahn@)

dev/ic

  ~ amireg.h                              ~ ami.c

  > Reduce the number of openings the logical devices have to play with so
  > that ioctl's and raw commands will not cause i/o failures. Assume a
  > max of two processors/enclosures per raw bus for the moment.
  > Fixes regular crashes on my 1 logical device, all-softdep system
  > during make build with a bioctl loop running.
  > ok dlg@ (krw@)

kern

  ~ kern_clock.c

  > In hardclock(), do not setup process virtual and profile timers if the
  > process
  > is in the midst of exiting.  This solves a race condition that causes freed
  > memory to be left referenced in the master kernel timeout worklist, leading
  > a uvm_fault (observed on an i386 MP system).  tedu@, deraadt@, miod@ ok
  > (aaron@)

net

  ~ if_trunk.c                            ~ if_trunk.h

  > add a simple active "failover" trunk mode. port priorities will be
  > added later, currently the master port will always be the default
  > (active) port and the the next active port will be used as the
  > failover port.
  > ok brad@ (reyk@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 07/08 ==

rcs

  ~ Makefile

  > revert rcs to rcsprog change,
  > requested by deraadt@ (joris@)

spell

  ~ special.4bsd

  > remove traces of non-existent getfstype() function;
  > ok krw@ deraadt@ (jmc@)

ssh

  ~ canohost.c

  > Relocate check_ip_options call to prevent logging of garbage for
  > connections
  > with IP options set.  bz#1092 from David Leonard, "looks good" deraadt@
  > (dtucker@)

ospfd