[odc] Daily src changes for 2005-10-10

ODC auto at squish.net
Tue Oct 11 08:01:19 BST 2005

distrib/alpha                           distrib/miniroot
lib/libc                                libexec/ld.so
sbin/ifconfig                           share/man
sys/arch/sparc64/conf                   sys/dev/ic
sys/dev/microcode                       sys/dev/pci
sys/dev/usb                             sys/kern
sys/ntfs                                sys/scsi
usr.bin/cvs                             usr.bin/mixerctl
usr.bin/rcs                             usr.bin/ssh
usr.sbin/pkg_add

== distrib =========================================================== 01/08 ==

alpha

  ~ common/install.md

  > ability to specify default serial console
  > ok deraadt@ (martin@)

  ~ common/install.md

  > revert to 1.19 now until we are able to handle scc(4) on DEC 3000
  > better as default serial console
  > requested by miod@ (martin@)

miniroot

  ~ install.sub

  > Provide some verbiage about MDSERIAL. Suggested by miod at .rw@)

== lib =============================================================== 02/08 ==

  ~ rpc/svc_tcp.c                         ~ stdio/asprintf.c
  ~ stdio/snprintf.c                      ~ stdio/sprintf.c
  ~ stdio/tmpfile.c                       ~ stdio/vasprintf.c
  ~ stdio/vsnprintf.c                     ~ stdio/vsprintf.c
  ~ stdlib/malloc.c

  > Remove a few warnings. Those were not apparent thanks to a bug in gcc 2.95.
  > Patch by Leonardo Chiquitto Filho <leonardo at iken.com.br  > Thanks. (espie@)

  ~ gen/opendir.c                         ~ locale/rune_local.h
  ~ stdio/fscanf.c                        ~ stdio/local.h
  ~ stdlib/hcreate.c

  > fix a few warnings, keep the crypt stuff for later.
  > okay otto@ (espie@)

  ~ db/mpool/mpool.c

  > Pass local var instead of mp->lqh.cqh_first to CIRCLEQ_REMOVE macro.
  > The latter might fail, depending on the actual implementation of
  > CIRCLEQ_REMOVE. Found by a strict queue.h I'm working on.
  > ok pedro@ millert@ (otto@)

== libexec =========================================================== 03/08 ==

ld.so

  ~ dlfcn.c                               ~ loader.c

  > set _dl_loading_object to NULL upon entering and exiting _dl_boot and
  > dlopen and cleanup of related redundant code. looks fine drahn@ (kurt@)

== sbin ============================================================== 04/08 ==

ifconfig

  ~ ifconfig.c

  > getifaddrs() slightly later in printif(), prevents possible memleak
  > Andrey Matveev <evol at online.ptt.ruhenning@)

== share ============================================================= 05/08 ==

  ~ man7/packages.7

  > Reflect reality. Xr package 5, and remove all the text that used to apply
  > to the ancient package tools... (espie@)

  ~ man7/packages.7

  > new sentence, new line;
  > kill whitespace at eol; (jmc@)

== sys =============================================================== 06/08 ==

arch/sparc64/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK

  > add ti(4), commented out sk(4) and some PHY (brad@)

dev/ic

  ~ ami.c

  > do { } while (0) wrapper for the debug statement (dlg@)

  ~ siop.c                                ~ siop_common.c
  ~ siopvar_common.h

  > Add handling for IGNORE WIDE RESIDUE messages. Actually calculate
  > resid instead of assuming it is always 0. From bouyer via NetBSD. Note
  > we are now sync'd with the latest (1.78 siop.c, 1.37 siop_common.c)
  > NetBSD code.
  > Tested by various people over the last year+. Didn't solve any of
  > their problems but didn't cause any regression either. (krw@)

dev/microcode

  ~ siop/siop.ss

  > Script fix for resid calculation/save data pointer function.
  > Preparation for larger diff for IGNORE WIDE RESIDUE messages and real
  > resid calculation. From bouyer via NetBSD. Note we are now sync'd to
  > latest (r1.19) code from NetBSD. (krw@)

  ~ siop/siop.out

  > Add handling for IGNORE WIDE RESIDUE messages. Actually calculate
  > resid instead of assuming it is always 0. From bouyer via NetBSD. Note
  > we are now sync'd with the latest (1.78 siop.c, 1.37 siop_common.c)
  > NetBSD code.
  > Tested by various people over the last year+. Didn't solve any of
  > their problems but didn't cause any regression either. (krw@)

dev/pci

  ~ if_bge.c

  > splimp -> splnet (brad@)

  ~ if_em.c

  > - use correct size when setting hw.max_frame_size for non PCI-E cards
  > - ethernet -> Ethernet (brad@)

  > regen (brad@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > - add VIA K8T890 Host and PCI-PCI bridges. Noticed in PR 4539.
  > - remove tabs in-between first few fields of the VIA entries.
  > - sort VIA entries by PCI ID. (brad@)

  ~ if_ti.c

  > - remove a unused piece of code from ti_chipinit().
  > - add comment from the FreeBSD driver to ti_gibinit()
  > explaining where the general information blocking
  > is being placed by the driver. (brad@)

dev/usb

  ~ usb_subr.c

  > Don't clear possibly non-existant stall condition while setting up the
  > pipe. Some devices such as some iPods react badly. Normal devices
  > don't need it. From nathanw via NetBSD. Fixes the 2nd generation iPod
  > mini donated by Ed Wandasiewicz.
  > ok pascoe@ (krw@)

kern

  ~ kern_time.c

  > Avoid arithmetic overflows in computation of adjtime(). Fixes adjusting in
  > the
  > wrong direction for large offsets as nick@ saw. With tom@ and toby@;
  > ok tdeval@ krw@ (otto@)

ntfs

  ~ ntfs_vfsops.c

  > Use free(9) to free memory allocated with malloc(9), okay krw@, marius@
  > (pedro@)

scsi

  ~ scsi_base.c                           ~ scsi_ioctl.c
  ~ scsiconf.c                            ~ sd.c

  > Make some panic messages more useful. (krw@)

  ~ cd.c

  > Some KNF. malloc/free instead of MALLOC/FREE since it's a variable
  > sized allocation. Remove some dead code. (krw@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 07/08 ==

  ~ rcsnum.c                              ~ rcs.h

  > add rcsnum_dec() api call, decreases a revision number by one.
  > ok niallo@ (joris@)

  ~ rcs.c

  > correctly fill in the rd_next field in rcs_rev_add();
  > ok niallo@ (joris@)

  ~ rcs.c

  > use rd_next in rcs_getrev() when patching to get to a revision
  > instead of just decrementing the revision number, as the previous revision
  > doesn't always follow the current revision - 1 rule.
  > ok niallo@ (joris@)

  ~ rcs.c

  > better symbol listing in RCS files; (joris@)

  ~ edit.c                                ~ proto.c

  > - editors remote handler
  > - minor consistency tweaks (xsa@)

  ~ rcs.c                                 ~ rcs.h

  > add rcs_rev_setlog() in the RCS api; used for setting log messages
  > of a revision to a specific value;
  > ok niallo@ (joris@)

mixerctl

  ~ mixerctl.1

  > more words; janus at area319.deeraadt@)

rcs

  ~ co.c

  > - set permissions on checked out files correctly
  > - support bare `-u' and `-l' options which will check out HEAD.
  > note that with OpenRCS you must do `co -l -- <file>' and `co -u -- <file>'
  > when using bare arguments because our getopt(3) is POSIX compliant.
  > ok joris@ (niallo@)

  ~ co.1

  > - update `-l' `-r' and `-u' descriptions to include optional <rev>
  > - update SYNOPSIS for the same thing (niallo@)

  ~ co.c

  > sync checkout_usage(); (niallo@)

  ~ ci.c

  > ensure that the user has a lock on the correct revision before allowing
  > check-in.
  > ok joris@ (niallo@)

  ~ rcsprog.c

  > exit(3) is preferred over return from main().
  > ok joris@ (niallo@)

  ~ ci.c

  > make sure that revision passed on command line is greater than HEAD.
  > (niallo@)

  ~ ci.1

  > - update `-l' and `-u' descriptions to include optional <rev>
  > - update SYNOPSIS for the same thing (niallo@)

  ~ ci.c

  > - support <rev> parameter to `-l' and `-u' options.
  > - sync checkin_usage().
  > note that with OpenRCS you must do `ci -l -- <file>' and `ci -u -- <file>'
  > when using bare arguments because our getopt(3) is POSIX compliant.
  > (niallo@)

  ~ ci.c                                  ~ co.c

  > getlogin(2) sets errno; (xsa@)

  ~ rcsprog.c

  > support -mrevision:logmessage; used to set a log message of a revision
  > to the specified value;
  > ok niallo@ (joris@)

  ~ rcs.1

  > sync with reality (joris@)

ssh

  ~ channels.c                            ~ channels.h
  ~ clientloop.c                          ~ serverloop.c
  ~ session.c

  > fix regression I introduced in 4.2: X11 forwardings initiated after
  > a session has exited (e.g. "(sleep 5; xterm) &") would not start.
  > bz #1086 reported by t8m AT centrum.cz; ok markus@ dtucker@ (djm@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 08/08 ==

  ~ pkg_add                               ~ OpenBSD/PackageLocator.pm

  > Display an error message if no packages are available in the PKG_PATH.
  > Quote nlist command, if we invoke it accidentally in a directory with *.tgz
  > present. (espie@)

  ~ pkg_add.1                             ~ pkg_create.1
  ~ pkg_info.1                            ~ pkg_merge.1

  > Xref package(5) (espie@)

  ~ OpenBSD/Temp.pm

  > allows for tempfiles. (espie@)

  ~ pkg_add