[odc] Daily src changes for 2005-10-12

ODC auto at squish.net
Thu Oct 13 08:00:45 BST 2005

bin/ksh                                 distrib/miniroot
distrib/notes                           distrib/sets
etc/mklogin.conf                        etc/netstart
gnu/usr.sbin/sendmail                   lib/libc
lib/libevent                            lib/libkvm
lib/libpthread                          lib/librpcsvc
lib/libskey                             lib/libssl
lib/libusbhid                           lib/libutil
libexec/ld.so                           sys/arch/hppa/dev
sys/arch/luna88k/include                sys/arch/luna88k/luna88k
sys/arch/m88k/include                   sys/arch/m88k/m88k
sys/arch/macppc/macppc                  sys/arch/mvme88k/dev
sys/arch/mvme88k/include                sys/arch/mvme88k/mvme88k
sys/dev/ic                              sys/dev/pci
sys/kern                                sys/net
usr.bin/ftp                             usr.bin/rcs
usr.sbin/ospfd

== bin =============================================================== 01/09 ==

ksh

  ~ ksh.1

  > document new max array size
  > ok otto@ (bernd@)

== distrib =========================================================== 02/09 ==

miniroot

  ~ upgrade.sh                            ~ install.sub

  > Comments are now allowed in myname and mygate. Steal stripcom() from
  > /etc/netstart and use in myname and mygate processing. Fixes problems
  > with (U)pgrade's. Discovered while preparing for Todd's new mygate
  > functionality.
  > ok todd@ (krw@)

notes

  ~ hp300/hardware

  > sync with web page, provides more details. (miod@)

  ~ lists/base/md.cats                    ~ lists/base/md.hp300
  ~ lists/base/md.hppa                    ~ lists/base/md.hppa64
  ~ lists/base/md.i386                    ~ lists/base/md.mac68k
  ~ lists/base/md.macppc                  ~ lists/base/md.mvme68k
  ~ lists/base/md.mvmeppc                 ~ lists/base/md.sgi
  ~ lists/base/md.sparc                   ~ lists/base/md.sparc64
  ~ lists/base/md.zaurus                  ~ lists/comp/md.alpha
  ~ lists/comp/md.amd64                   ~ lists/comp/md.cats
  ~ lists/comp/md.hp300                   ~ lists/comp/md.hppa
  ~ lists/comp/md.hppa64                  ~ lists/comp/md.i386
  ~ lists/comp/md.mac68k                  ~ lists/comp/md.macppc
  ~ lists/comp/md.mvme68k                 ~ lists/comp/md.mvmeppc
  ~ lists/comp/md.sgi                     ~ lists/comp/md.sparc
  ~ lists/comp/md.sparc64                 ~ lists/comp/md.zaurus
  ~ lists/man/md.alpha                    ~ lists/man/md.amd64
  ~ lists/man/md.cats                     ~ lists/man/md.hp300
  ~ lists/man/md.hppa                     ~ lists/man/md.hppa64
  ~ lists/man/md.i386                     ~ lists/man/md.mac68k
  ~ lists/man/md.macppc                   ~ lists/man/md.mvme68k
  ~ lists/man/md.mvmeppc                  ~ lists/man/md.sgi
  ~ lists/man/md.sparc                    ~ lists/man/md.sparc64
  ~ lists/man/md.vax                      ~ lists/man/md.zaurus
  ~ lists/man/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

== etc =============================================================== 03/09 ==

mklogin.conf

  ~ mklogin.conf

  > add -f to #! at top; from bruno at rohee.comeraadt@)

netstart

  ~ netstart

  > shrink stripcom(), sync with install.sub
  > ok krw@ (todd@)

== gnu =============================================================== 04/09 ==

usr.sbin/sendmail

  ~ libmilter/Makefile                    + libmilter/shlib_version

  > three new .so libraries to help the ports people who need (or might need)
  > them for perl modules; discussion with pvalchev (deraadt@)

== lib =============================================================== 05/09 ==

  ~ db/mpool/mpool.c

  > Use queue macros instead of directly accessing fields. ok millert@ (otto@)

libevent

  ~ Makefile                              + shlib_version

  > three new .so libraries to help the ports people who need (or might need)
  > them for perl modules; discussion with pvalchev (deraadt@)

libkvm

  ~ kvm_file.c                            ~ kvm_proc.c

  > Use queue macros instead of directly accessing fields. ok millert@ (otto@)

libpthread

  ~ man/Makefile.inc

  > remove MLINKS for pthread_mutexattr_{g,s}etpshared.3:
  > these functions seem never to have existed, and are certainly not
  > documented in pthread_mutexattr(3), the page to which they point. (jmc@)

librpcsvc

  ~ Makefile                              + shlib_version

  > three new .so libraries to help the ports people who need (or might need)
  > them for perl modules; discussion with pvalchev (deraadt@)

libskey

  ~ Makefile

  > remove MLINK for skeyzero.3: the function was removed in -r1.5; (jmc@)

libssl

  ~ src/ssl/s23_srvr.c

  TAGGED OPENBSD_3_6
  > MFC:
  > Fix by markus@
  > fix potential SSL 2.0 rollback
  > (http://www.openssl.org//news/secadv_20051011.txt)
  > from http://www.openssl.org/news/patch-CAN-2005-2969.txt (brad@)

  ~ src/ssl/s23_srvr.c

  TAGGED OPENBSD_3_7
  > MFC:
  > Fix by markus@
  > fix potential SSL 2.0 rollback
  > (http://www.openssl.org//news/secadv_20051011.txt)
  > from http://www.openssl.org/news/patch-CAN-2005-2969.txt (brad@)

libusbhid

  ~ usbhid.3

  > add hid_parse_usage_page and hid_parse_usage_in_page to .Nm list; (jmc@)

libutil

  ~ uucplock.3

  > add uu_lock_txfr to .Nm list; (jmc@)

== libexec =========================================================== 06/09 ==

ld.so

  ~ dlfcn.c                               ~ library.c
  ~ library_mquery.c                      ~ library_subr.c
  ~ loader.c                              ~ resolve.c
  ~ resolve.h

  > Split grpsym_list creation away from child_list creation and change
  > grpsym_list order to match Sun's docs. Also corrects bugs where
  > grpsym_list was either not created or partially created. (kurt@)

  ~ library.c

  > add missing grpref unload propogation (sync with library_mquery) (kurt@)

== sys =============================================================== 07/09 ==

arch/hppa/dev

  ~ cpudevs

  > add few other ancient cpu types we have not seen yet (mickey@)

  ~ cpudevs.h                             ~ cpudevs_data.h

  > regen (mickey@)

arch/luna88k/include

  ~ intr.h

  > Define IPL_SCHED and spslsched(), matching the statclock level. (miod@)

arch/luna88k/luna88k

  ~ locore.S                              ~ machdep.c

  > Stop mapping the u area at fixed UADDR in addition to its actual va.
  > While there, attempt to clean and comment stack usage in the kernel.
  > No functional change.
  > From the m88k SMP tree; help&test martin@ (miod@)

  ~ locore.S

  > Move sigcode to the m88k-agnostic location. No functional change. (miod@)

arch/m88k/include

  ~ cpu.h                                 ~ param.h
  ~ proc.h

  > Stop mapping the u area at fixed UADDR in addition to its actual va.
  > While there, attempt to clean and comment stack usage in the kernel.
  > No functional change.
  > From the m88k SMP tree; help&test martin@ (miod@)

  ~ intr.h

  > Define IPL_SCHED and spslsched(), matching the statclock level. (miod@)

arch/m88k/m88k

  ~ process.S

  > General scheduler cleanup:
  > - at the end of switch_exit(), jump in a better location inside
  > cpu_switch()
  > - skip unnecessary curproc == NULL tests, and remove other dead code
  > - simplify the idle loop
  > - optimize whichqs bit operations
  > - and add comments at strategic places
  > help&test martin@ (miod@)

  ~ eh_common.S                           ~ m88k_machdep.c
  ~ pmap.c                                ~ process.S
  ~ vm_machdep.c

  > Stop mapping the u area at fixed UADDR in addition to its actual va.
  > While there, attempt to clean and comment stack usage in the kernel.
  > No functional change.
  > From the m88k SMP tree; help&test martin@ (miod@)

  ~ m88k_machdep.c

  > Remove commented out dead wrong FPU handling code in setregs(). (miod@)

  ~ subr.S

  > Move sigcode to the m88k-agnostic location. No functional change. (miod@)

arch/macppc/macppc

  ~ autoconf.c

  > also handle network device bootpaths.  also tested by drahn and kettenis
  > (deraadt@)

arch/mvme88k/dev

  ~ if_ie.c

  > Kill unused global variable. (miod@)

arch/mvme88k/include

  ~ intr.h

  > Define IPL_SCHED and spslsched(), matching the statclock level. (miod@)

arch/mvme88k/mvme88k

  ~ locore.S                              ~ machdep.c

  > Stop mapping the u area at fixed UADDR in addition to its actual va.
  > While there, attempt to clean and comment stack usage in the kernel.
  > No functional change.
  > From the m88k SMP tree; help&test martin@ (miod@)

  ~ locore.S

  > Move sigcode to the m88k-agnostic location. No functional change. (miod@)

dev/ic

  ~ if_wi_ieee.h

  > unconflict (one day legacy) wavelan ioctl's from the vlan ioctl's
  > so that vlan's can be done on wavelan (if you are crazy enough to want
  > to).  spotted by fgs, but my fix, ok a few people (deraadt@)

  > add Radeon X600 (RV380), Radeon 9550 and Radeon Mobility M300 M22 (brad@)

  > regen (brad@)

  ~ if_sis.c

  > have sis strip off the Ethernet FCS before passing it to bpf.
  > ok fgsch@ (brad@)

kern

  ~ vfs_bio.c

  TAGGED OPENBSD_3_7
  > MFC:
  > Fix by pedro@
  > Revert revision 1.39. Under heavy load, it could cause severe corruption
  > in the buffer lists by removing a buffer from the hash twice. Problem
  > identified in discussion with Alexander Bluhm <Alexander_Bluhm at genua.de  > ok deraadt@ pedro@ (brad@)

net

  ~ bridgestp.c

  > no need to call mfree() since m is always NULL; from Andrey Matveev
  > (markus@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 08/09 ==

ftp

  ~ cmds.c                                ~ extern.h
  ~ util.c

  > Fix mget directory traversal vulnerability. From NetBSD. CAN-2002-1345.
  > ok millert@ deraadt@, prodding by david@ (otto@)

rcs

  + rlog.1

  > rlog man page; (xsa@)

  ~ ci.1                                  ~ co.1
  ~ rcs.1                                 ~ rcsclean.1
  ~ rcsdiff.1

  > sync SEE ALSO sections; (xsa@)

  ~ ci.c                                  ~ co.c
  ~ ident.c                               ~ rcsclean.c
  ~ rcsdiff.c                             ~ rcsprog.c
  ~ rlog.c

  > various usage cleanup; ok joris (deraadt@)

  ~ co.c                                  ~ rcsclean.c
  ~ rcsdiff.c                             ~ rcsprog.c

  > minor knf; (xsa@)

  ~ ci.c

  > add a cast when doing cvs_buf_release(); (niallo@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 09/09 ==

ospfd

  ~ rde_lsdb.c

  > In one special condition ospfd sent out ls updates without updating the
  > checksum. Because of the invalid checksum the other routers dropped it and
  > so the update was retransmitted over and over again. Now we update the
  > checksum in lsa_merge() after bumping the sequence number instead of
  > hoping that lsa_timeout() -> lsa_refresh() will do it for us.  OK norby@
  > (claudio@)

  ~ packet.c

  > Minor cleanup. Use iface->state & IF_STA_DRORBDR as used in other places
  > instead of iface->state != (IF_STA_DR | IF_STA_BACKUP).  OK norby@
  > (claudio@)

  ~ interface.c

  > If router is DR or BDR join the AllDRouter list (and leave it if
  > otherwise).
  > OK norby@ (claudio@)

  ~ rde.c

  > Fix a massive memory leak in the RDE. ospfd leaked every ls update unless
  > lsa_add() was called (which is just one specific case of many)
  > OK norby@ (claudio@)

  ~ iso_cksum.c                           ~ rde.c

  > Fix the flooding procedure. Violate the RFC else many BAD_LS_REQ events and
  > session drops happend while booting up. If a router is conected to a other
  > router over two different interface one session will be unable to load
  > until
  > the other one is in state FULL. ospfd no longer issues a BAD_LS_REQ event
  > if the LSA is equal to the one in table but if the sent lsa is older a
  > BAD_LS_REQ event is still issued.  OK norby@ (claudio@)

  ~ iso_cksum.c

  > Revert last commit. That file was not intended to be commited. (claudio@)

  ~ lsupdate.c