[odc] Daily src changes for 2005-10-17

ODC auto at squish.net
Tue Oct 18 08:00:38 BST 2005

distrib/notes                           distrib/sets
libexec/ld.so                           sbin/ipsecctl
share/man                               sys/altq
sys/arch/alpha/alpha                    sys/arch/i386/pci
sys/arch/macppc/macppc                  sys/dev
sys/dev/ic                              sys/dev/pci
sys/dev/usb                             sys/net
sys/netinet                             sys/sys
usr.bin/apropos                         usr.bin/compile_et
usr.bin/cvs                             usr.bin/gencat
usr.bin/man                             usr.bin/mg
usr.bin/mixerctl                        usr.bin/netstat
usr.bin/rcs                             usr.bin/ssh
usr.bin/systat                          usr.bin/vi
usr.bin/vmstat                          usr.bin/whatis
usr.sbin/ospfctl

== distrib =========================================================== 01/07 ==

  ~ amd64/hardware                        ~ cats/hardware
  ~ i386/hardware

  > Mention VT8251 support. (jsg@)

  ~ lists/base/md.cats                    ~ lists/base/md.hp300
  ~ lists/base/md.hppa                    ~ lists/base/md.hppa64
  ~ lists/base/md.i386                    ~ lists/base/md.luna88k
  ~ lists/base/md.mac68k                  ~ lists/base/md.macppc
  ~ lists/base/md.mvme68k                 ~ lists/base/md.mvme88k
  ~ lists/base/md.mvmeppc                 ~ lists/base/md.sgi
  ~ lists/base/md.sparc                   ~ lists/base/md.sparc64
  ~ lists/base/md.vax                     ~ lists/base/md.zaurus
  ~ lists/comp/md.alpha                   ~ lists/comp/md.amd64
  ~ lists/comp/md.cats                    ~ lists/comp/md.hp300
  ~ lists/comp/md.hppa                    ~ lists/comp/md.hppa64
  ~ lists/comp/md.i386                    ~ lists/comp/md.mac68k
  ~ lists/comp/md.macppc                  ~ lists/comp/md.mvme68k
  ~ lists/comp/md.mvmeppc                 ~ lists/comp/md.sparc
  ~ lists/comp/md.sparc64                 ~ lists/comp/md.zaurus
  ~ lists/comp/mi                         ~ lists/man/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

== libexec =========================================================== 02/07 ==

ld.so

  ~ resolve.c

  > Fix possible buffer overflow caused by unknown tags in the range
  > [DT_LOPROC, DT_HIPROC].
  > ok kurt@ (kettenis@)

== sbin ============================================================== 03/07 ==

ipsecctl

  ~ pfkey.c

  > parse correctly flows using ipcomp.  Glitch noticed by jared rr spiegel.
  > (hshoexer@)

== share ============================================================= 04/07 ==

  ~ man4/pciide.4

  > Mention VT8251 support. (jsg@)

  ~ man4/pciide.4

  > serverworks SATA too (deraadt@)

  ~ man4/ucom.4

  > document the tty vs cua devices, and Xr tty 4; ok jmc (deraadt@)

== sys =============================================================== 05/07 ==

altq

  ~ altq_cbq.c                            ~ altq_hfsc.c
  ~ altq_priq.c                           ~ altq_red.c
  ~ if_altq.h

  > make pf use one mbuf tag instead of 6 distinct ones. use a little struct
  > in the data part for the data from the previously distinct tags.
  > look up the tag early and carry a pointer to it around.
  > makes the code easier and saves some tag lookups and thus helps
  > performance,
  > as proven by tests run by Schberle Dniel <Schoeberle.Daniel at aamtech.hu  > Initially hacked up somewhere over the atlantic ocean in an A330
  > early testing reyk and moritz, "put it in" theo (henning@)

arch/alpha/alpha

  ~ machdep.c                             ~ mainbus.c

  > Rename ncpus to alpha_ncpus so that MI ncpus matches the number of
  > attached processors; deraadt@ ok (miod@)

arch/i386/pci

  ~ pci_intr_fixup.c

  > don't say no more if there is no driver for icu; lessen noise (mickey@)

arch/macppc/macppc

  ~ autoconf.c

  > remove /bcom5421 from the OF device map table, this is actually a PHY.
  > ok deraadt@ (brad@)

dev

  ~ ipmi.c

  > * Fix SMBIOS Table address
  > mapped memory instead of ISA_HOLE_VADDR for SMBIOS tables in high memory
  > * Added ipmi_poll variable to control sensor polling
  > * Add Power Supply sensor type
  > * Fixed chassis intrusion reading
  > * Added Block-Transfer interface
  > BT is transport protocol to BMC
  > * Fixed threshold values
  > Bits in Sensor reading did not contain correct values for threshold
  > vioation; must compare reading against actual threshold.
  > * KNF
  > ok: marco@ (jordan@)

  ~ ipmi.c

  > knf (deraadt@)

dev/ic

  ~ gem.c                                 ~ gemvar.h

  > Start using the unused sc_variant to identify the GMAC vendor and chipset
  > model to the MI part of the driver. On Apple systems only attach the PHY to
  > location 0, unless using a K2 GMAC, then use location 1.
  > Tested by drahn@ and kettenis@ (brad@)

  ~ if_wireg.h

  > define a mask to extract the result from status. (fgsch@)

dev/pci

  ~ if_gem_pci.c

  > Start using the unused sc_variant to identify the GMAC vendor and chipset
  > model to the MI part of the driver. On Apple systems only attach the PHY to
  > location 0, unless using a K2 GMAC, then use location 1.
  > Tested by drahn@ and kettenis@ (brad@)

  ~ if_sis.c

  > Enable APC CMOS RAM reading code on amd64 for some embedded sis(4) chips.
  > (brad@)

  ~ pciide.c

  > Fixup cacheline on sii3114 like we do for sii3112;
  > from ragge at netbsda jason at .range@)

  ~ pciide.c

  > Don't clear dma_in_progress flag too early, noticed by jason at .range@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > VIA K8M800/VT8251 devices from Blake Willis <blake at 2112.net>. (jsg@)

  > regen (jsg@)

  ~ pciide.c

  > Recognise VT8251.  From Blake Willis <blake at 2112.net>.
  > ok grange@ (jsg@)

  ~ pciide.c

  > Simplify case statement in apollo_chip_map(). (jsg@)

dev/usb

  ~ devlist2h.awk                         ~ usb_subr.c
  ~ usbdevs_data.h

  > Store the usb device names and vendors in more compact structures.
  > Originally committed in 2001, backed out in a sync, now back in.
  > saves close to 12k of kernel size. commit deraadt@ (drahn@)

net

  ~ if_ethersubr.c                        ~ if_fddisubr.c
  ~ pf.c                                  ~ pf_norm.c
  ~ pfvar.h

  > make pf use one mbuf tag instead of 6 distinct ones. use a little struct
  > in the data part for the data from the previously distinct tags.
  > look up the tag early and carry a pointer to it around.
  > makes the code easier and saves some tag lookups and thus helps
  > performance,
  > as proven by tests run by Schberle Dniel <Schoeberle.Daniel at aamtech.hu  > Initially hacked up somewhere over the atlantic ocean in an A330
  > early testing reyk and moritz, "put it in" theo (henning@)

netinet

  ~ tcp_input.c                           ~ ip_icmp.c
  ~ udp_usrreq.c

  > make pf use one mbuf tag instead of 6 distinct ones. use a little struct
  > in the data part for the data from the previously distinct tags.
  > look up the tag early and carry a pointer to it around.
  > makes the code easier and saves some tag lookups and thus helps
  > performance,
  > as proven by tests run by Schberle Dniel <Schoeberle.Daniel at aamtech.hu  > Initially hacked up somewhere over the atlantic ocean in an A330
  > early testing reyk and moritz, "put it in" theo (henning@)

sys

  ~ mbuf.h

  > make pf use one mbuf tag instead of 6 distinct ones. use a little struct
  > in the data part for the data from the previously distinct tags.
  > look up the tag early and carry a pointer to it around.
  > makes the code easier and saves some tag lookups and thus helps
  > performance,
  > as proven by tests run by Schberle Dniel <Schoeberle.Daniel at aamtech.hu  > Initially hacked up somewhere over the atlantic ocean in an A330
  > early testing reyk and moritz, "put it in" theo (henning@)

  ~ queue.h

  > Performing certain operations on queue.h data structurs produced
  > funny results.  An example is calling  LIST_REMOVE on the same
  > element twice. This will not fail, but result in a data structure
  > referencing who knows what. Prevent these accidents by NULLing some
  > fields on remove and replace. This way, either a panic or segfault
  > will be produced on the faulty operation.
  > Tested by many, ok deraadt@ (otto@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 06/07 ==

apropos

  ~ apropos.c

  > Use queue macros instead of directly accessing fields. ok pat@ "put it
  > in" deraadt@ (otto@)

compile_et

  ~ compile_et.c                          ~ compile_et.h
  ~ error_table.y                         ~ et_lex.lex.l

  > sync with heimdal 0.7 (biorn@)

cvs

  ~ proto.c                               ~ proto.h
  ~ watch.c

  > add client support for the `watch' and `watchers' commands. ok joris@ xsa@
  > (moritz@)

gencat

  ~ gencat.c

  > Use queue macros instead of directly accessing fields. ok pat@ "put it
  > in" deraadt@ (otto@)

man

  ~ config.c                              ~ man.c

  > Use queue macros instead of directly accessing fields. ok pat@ "put it
  > in" deraadt@ (otto@)

mg

  ~ fileio.c

  > Fix string handling. LOGIN_NAME_MAX includes the NUL, so don't reserve
  > extra
  > space. Fix usage of strlcpy. Correct test for terminating slash.
  > "looks good" deraadt@ (kjell@)

  ~ word.c

  > make undo of word-based capitalization functions work
  > ok beck@ (kjell@)

mixerctl

  ~ mixerctl.1

  > - document the different types of mixerctl variables
  > - standard EXAMPLES
  > - make HISTORY more Ox-specific
  > - minor tweaks
  > feedback + ok: otto@ jaredy@ tom@ (jmc@)

netstat

  ~ if.c                                  ~ inet.c
  ~ ipx.c                                 ~ mroute.c

  > Use queue macros instead of directly accessing fields. ok pat@ "put it
  > in" deraadt@ (otto@)

rcs

  ~ rcsclean.1

  > -k takes an arg; (jmc@)

  ~ rcsdiff.1

  > incorrect macro usage; (jmc@)

  ~ ci.c                                  ~ co.c
  ~ rcsprog.h

  > support -f flag for co;
  > 'fine' niallo@ (joris@)

  ~ ci.c

  > KNF; (niallo@)

  ~ ci.c

  > - remove a printf which kept in by accident. (niallo@)

ssh

  ~ dns.c

  > fix memory leaks from 2 sources:
  > 1) key_fingerprint_raw()
  > 2) malloc in dns_read_rdata()
  > ok jakob@ (stevesk@)

  ~ dns.c

  > remove #ifdef LWRES; ok jakob@ (stevesk@)

  ~ dns.c                                 ~ dns.h

  > more cleanups; ok jakob@ (stevesk@)

systat

  ~ netstat.c

  > Use queue macros instead of directly accessing fields. ok pat@ "put it
  > in" deraadt@ (otto@)

vi

  ~ cl/cl_read.c                          ~ cl/cl_screen.c
  ~ cl/cl_term.c                          ~ common/cut.c
  ~ common/cut.h                          ~ common/exf.c
  ~ common/gs.h                           ~ common/key.c
  ~ common/line.c                         ~ common/main.c
  ~ common/mark.c                         ~ common/put.c
  ~ common/screen.c                       ~ common/seq.c
  ~ ex/ex.c                               ~ ex/ex_append.c
  ~ ex/ex_at.c                            ~ ex/ex_cscope.c
  ~ ex/ex_display.c                       ~ ex/ex_global.c
  ~ ex/ex_move.c                          ~ ex/ex_screen.c
  ~ ex/ex_script.c                        ~ ex/ex_subst.c
  ~ ex/ex_tag.c                           ~ ex/ex_txt.c
  ~ vi/v_at.c                             ~ vi/v_ex.c
  ~ vi/v_screen.c                         ~ vi/v_search.c
  ~ vi/v_txt.c                            ~ vi/vi.c
  ~ vi/vi.h                               ~ vi/vs_msg.c
  ~ vi/vs_refresh.c                       ~ vi/vs_split.c

  > Use queue macros instead of directly accessing fields. ok pat@ "put it
  > in" deraadt@ (otto@)

vmstat

  ~ dkstats.c