[odc] Daily src changes for 2005-10-21

ODC auto at squish.net
Sat Oct 22 08:00:56 BST 2005

libexec/ld.so                           regress/lib
share/man                               sys/arch/alpha/include
sys/arch/amd64/amd64                    sys/arch/amd64/include
sys/arch/arm/include                    sys/arch/i386/pci
sys/arch/macppc/dev                     sys/arch/macppc/include
sys/arch/macppc/macppc                  sys/dev
sys/dev/ic                              sys/dev/pci
sys/dev/sbus                            usr.sbin/ospfd

== libexec =========================================================== 01/05 ==

ld.so

  ~ library_subr.c                        ~ loader.c
  ~ resolve.c

  > using _dl_link_grpsym to increment refcounts made _dl_notify_unload_shlib
  > simpler, however it broke ldd refcount output. use _dl_link_child to
  > increment refcounts and adjust _dl_notify_unload_shlib to match.
  > work by drahn@ and myself. ok drahn@ (kurt@)

== regress =========================================================== 02/05 ==

lib

  ~ libutil/fmt_scaled/fmt_test.c

  > bullshit test; pointed out by david (deraadt@)

== share ============================================================= 03/05 ==

  ~ man4/ipmi.4

  > spelling; (jmc@)

  ~ man4/ipmi.4

  > should have waited one second longer.. ;)
  > fix a typo; confirmed by marco@ (jmc@)

  ~ man4/ipmi.4

  > another typo; (jmc@)

== sys =============================================================== 04/05 ==

arch/alpha/include

  ~ param.h

  > remove two unused and deprecated Mach macros, alpha_round_page() and
  > alpha_trunc_page()
  > looks ok to Miod (martin@)

arch/amd64/amd64

  ~ acpi_machdep.c                        ~ bus_space.c
  ~ db_memrw.c                            ~ mpbios.c

  > use the MI trunc_page() and round_page() macros instead of rolling or own
  > ok weingart@ deraadt@ (martin@)

arch/amd64/include

  ~ param.h

  > use the MI trunc_page() and round_page() macros instead of rolling or own
  > ok weingart@ deraadt@ (martin@)

arch/arm/include

  ~ param.h

  > remove unused arm_trunc_page() macro
  > ok drahn@ (martin@)

arch/i386/pci

  ~ elan520.c

  > amd elan is not a pentium, it's i486, so don't touch pentium_mhz
  > varibale, it's used by microtime to check if we're running on a pentium
  > cpu (which has rdtsc instruction). fixes pr 4568. tested by oc at symacx.com.  > ok tedu@ (grange@)

arch/macppc/dev

  ~ adb.c                                 ~ adb_direct.c
  ~ adbvar.h                              ~ pm_direct.c
  ~ pm_direct.h                           ~ smu.c

  > Clean up RTC code.
  > ok drahn@ (kettenis@)

arch/macppc/include

  ~ adbsys.h                              ~ autoconf.h

  > Clean up RTC code.
  > ok drahn@ (kettenis@)

arch/macppc/macppc

  ~ clock.c

  > Clean up RTC code.
  > ok drahn@ (kettenis@)

dev

  ~ ipmi.c

  > pretty up dmesg output (deraadt@)

dev/ic

  ~ wdc.c

  > Zap return at the end of a void function. No binary change. (grange@)

  ~ hme.c

  > tidy up dmesg printing a bit, makes PCI hme only take 2 lines
  > per interface instead of 3. (brad@)

dev/pci

  ~ if_em.c                               ~ if_em.h

  > Remove unused global adapter linked list.
  > From FreeBSD (brad@)

  ~ if_em.c

  > In em_process_receive_interrupts() cycle check IFF_RUNNING flag. (brad@)

  ~ pciide_svwsata_reg.h

  > A bit more registers from the Linux sata_svw.c driver. (grange@)

  ~ if_hme_pci.c

  > tidy up dmesg printing a bit, makes PCI hme only take 2 lines
  > per interface instead of 3. (brad@)

  ~ if_bge.c

  > tidy up dmesg printing. (brad@)

dev/sbus

  ~ if_hme_sbus.c

  > tidy up dmesg printing a bit, makes PCI hme only take 2 lines
  > per interface instead of 3. (brad@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 05/05 ==

ospfd

  ~ lsupdate.c

  > Revert part of rev 1.14. For now queue LSAs to all neighbors if the
  > interface
  > is in state BACKUP or DR -- even to the DR. This causes unneeded
  > retransmission of LSAs but solves a problem with self originated ones. The
  > BDR was no longer
  > capable to reliably flood self originated LSA. Better solution will follow.
  > Reported by stevesk@ (claudio@)

  ~ lsupdate.c