[odc] Daily src changes for 2005-10-28

ODC auto at squish.net
Sat Oct 29 08:00:57 BST 2005

distrib/miniroot                        sbin/fsck
sbin/ipsecctl                           sbin/newfs
sys/arch/alpha/alpha                    sys/arch/alpha/dev
sys/arch/alpha/include                  sys/arch/alpha/tc
sys/arch/amd64/amd64                    sys/arch/hp300/hp300
sys/arch/i386/conf                      sys/arch/i386/i386
sys/arch/i386/include                   sys/arch/macppc/dev
sys/dev/pci                             sys/dev/usb
sys/net                                 usr.bin/rcs
usr.bin/sort                            usr.sbin
usr.sbin/ospfd                          usr.sbin/pkg_add
usr.sbin/rtsold

== distrib =========================================================== 01/05 ==

miniroot

  ~ install.sub

  > selected install sets are denoted by `[X]', not `[x]';
  > ok krw@ (jmc@)

== sbin ============================================================== 02/05 ==

fsck

  ~ fsck.c                                ~ preen.c

  > Change some TAILQ_FIRST() == NULL tests into TAILQ_EMPTY(). The first
  > form is valid, but in these cases its more clear to say what you
  > mean. ok pat@ henning@ (otto@)

ipsecctl

  ~ ike.c                                 ~ ipsecctl.c
  ~ parse.y

  > more error message cleanup (hshoexer@)

newfs

  ~ newfs.c

  > Make it possible to use -P on readonly memory filesystems. From
  > Alexander Hall, with some guidance by me. ok deraadt@ (otto@)

== sys =============================================================== 03/05 ==

arch/alpha/alpha

  ~ mem.c                                 ~ pmap.c

  > no more Mach-macros (martin@)

arch/alpha/dev

  ~ bus_dma.c

  > no more Mach-macros (martin@)

arch/alpha/include

  ~ param.h

  > no more Mach-macros (martin@)

arch/alpha/tc

  ~ cfb.c                                 ~ sfb.c

  > no more Mach-macros (martin@)

  > Use normal kernel stack for #BP exceptions.  Fixes PR 4562.
  > ok weingart@, deraadt@
  > Fix from myself, via NetBSD.  Duh! (kettenis@)

  ~ vm_machdep.c

  > Check for init(8) return path by process ID and make it the exception
  > rather
  > than the default.
  > ok deraadt@, weingart@ (kettenis@)

arch/hp300/hp300

  ~ mem.c                                 ~ pmap_bootstrap.c

  > convert the last m68k_btop() and m68k_ptob() macros (martin@)

arch/i386/conf

  ~ files.i386

  > update support for powernow (cool and quiet) on k7, and add support
  > for k8.  preliminary and not well tested yet.  from freebsd via
  > gordon klok. (tedu@)

arch/i386/i386

  ~ machdep.c                             ~ powernow-k7.c
  + powernow-k8.c

  > update support for powernow (cool and quiet) on k7, and add support
  > for k8.  preliminary and not well tested yet.  from freebsd via
  > gordon klok. (tedu@)

  ~ powernow-k7.c                         ~ powernow-k8.c

  > malloc(M_WAITOK) is bad in init code, M_DEVBUF is nicer than M_TEMP,
  > and if the cpu gets stuck, don't spin too long. (tedu@)

  ~ powernow-k7.c

  > lost a diff from gordon, only attach if we can do something useful (tedu@)

arch/i386/include

  ~ cpu.h

  > update support for powernow (cool and quiet) on k7, and add support
  > for k8.  preliminary and not well tested yet.  from freebsd via
  > gordon klok. (tedu@)

arch/macppc/dev

  ~ snapper.c

  > kill unneeded node argument in snapper_init()
  > ok drahn@ (joris@)

  > regen (brad@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > add some Symbios Logic ids including SAS and FC chipsets. (brad@)

dev/usb

  ~ ehcireg.h

  > correct legsup register per spec; dlg@ pascoe@ ok. (fgsch@)

net

  ~ if_pfsync.c

  > s/rmatch/chksum_flag/ to clarify what's going on. Pointed out by dhartmei@
  > Oh. and a KNF nit. (mcbride@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 04/05 ==

rcs

  ~ rlog.1

  > document `-L'; (xsa@)

  ~ rlog.c

  > add support for `-L'; niallo ok (xsa@)

  ~ rlog.c

  > print RCS file info too; (xsa@)

sort

  ~ sort.1

  > sort is part of posix so document it as such. more importantly list our
  > extensions so hopefully people moving scripts to other platforms wont get
  > too confused. this has been bothering me since -z was added.
  > big help from and ok jmc@ (dlg@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 05/05 ==

usr.sbin

  ~ Makefile

  > remove duplicate directory entry for hotplugd; phirerunner at comcast.net  > (deraadt@)

ospfd

  ~ parse.y

  > clean auth error messages; ok claudio@ msf@ (stevesk@)

  ~ ospfd.conf.5

  > authentication cleanup and clarification;
  > ok and mdoc help claudio@ jmc@ (stevesk@)

  ~ ospfd.conf.5

  > a little bit saner macros; (jmc@)

pkg_add