[odc] Daily src changes for 2005-09-23

ODC auto at squish.net
Sat Sep 24 08:00:36 BST 2005

distrib/notes                           etc/services
lib/libc                                libexec/ftp-proxy
libexec/ld.so                           regress/libexec
regress/sbin                            sbin/ipsecctl
sbin/isakmpd                            share/man
sys/arch/i386/i386                      sys/dev/ic
sys/dev/pci                             sys/dev/usb
usr.sbin/authpf                         usr.sbin/tcpdump

== distrib =========================================================== 01/09 ==

  ~ alpha/hardware                        ~ amd64/hardware
  ~ i386/hardware                         ~ macppc/hardware
  ~ sparc64/hardware                      ~ zaurus/hardware

  > {TrendNet,Trendware} -> TRENDnet, ok jsg@ (grunk@)

== etc =============================================================== 02/09 ==

services

  ~ services

  > add eppc, Remote AppleEvents; ok theo (jakob@)

== lib =============================================================== 03/09 ==

  ~ stdio/vfprintf.c                      ~ stdio/printf.3

  > support %jd from c99, although intmax_t may not be available.
  > ok deraadt espie kettenis (tedu@)

== libexec =========================================================== 04/09 ==

ftp-proxy

  ~ ftp-proxy.8

  > avoid a nasty line split;
  > ok deraadt@ ian@ (jmc@)

ld.so

  ~ Makefile

  > sigh. again (drahn@)

== regress =========================================================== 05/09 ==

libexec

  ~ ld.so/edgecases/Makefile

  > add test2 & 3 (kurt@)

  + ld.so/edgecases/test2/Makefile
  + ld.so/edgecases/test2/libaa/shlib_version
  + ld.so/edgecases/test2/libaa/Makefile
  + ld.so/edgecases/test2/libaa/aa.c      + ld.so/edgecases/test2/prog1/main.c
  + ld.so/edgecases/test2/prog1/Makefile

  > New import:
  >	add a regress for undefined weak. make sure ld.so doesn't warn on it or

  + ld.so/edgecases/test3/Makefile.inc    + ld.so/edgecases/test3/Makefile
  + ld.so/edgecases/test3/libaa/shlib_version
  + ld.so/edgecases/test3/libaa/Makefile
  + ld.so/edgecases/test3/libaa/aa.c
  + ld.so/edgecases/test3/libbb/shlib_version
  + ld.so/edgecases/test3/libbb/Makefile
  + ld.so/edgecases/test3/libbb/bb.c      + ld.so/edgecases/test3/prog1/main.c
  + ld.so/edgecases/test3/prog1/Makefile

  > New import:
  >	make sure a undefined weak doesn't interfere with a defined one of the

sbin

  ~ ipsecctl/ike1.ok                      ~ ipsecctl/ike2.ok
  ~ ipsecctl/ike3.ok                      ~ ipsecctl/ike4.ok
  ~ ipsecctl/ike5.ok                      ~ ipsecctl/ike6.ok
  ~ ipsecctl/ike7.ok

  > reflect recent changes, "Phase 1" section uses "force" now. (hshoexer@)

== sbin ============================================================== 06/09 ==

ipsecctl

  ~ ipsecctl.8

  > Remove some uncommented section headers from the template man page (RETURN
  > VALUES, BUGS, CAVEATS,...).  While there, add HISTORY section. (hshoexer@)

  ~ ipsec.conf.5

  > - beef up DESCRIPTION
  > - document that paths to key files may be relative or absolute
  > - reference vpn(8) in SEE ALSO
  > most of this diff came about from a mail from benjamin pineau who
  > mailed hshoexer and myself about some possible improvements to this file;
  > ok hshoexer@ (jmc@)

isakmpd

  ~ isakmpd.8

  > Document new UI commands
  > ok and help jmc@ (hshoexer@)

  ~ ipsec.c                               ~ message.c
  ~ sa.c                                  ~ sa.h
  ~ ui.c

  > Provide UI commands to delete phase 1 SAs.
  > Looks good mortiz@ (hshoexer@)

== share ============================================================= 07/09 ==

  ~ man4/atw.4                            ~ man4/nge.4
  ~ man4/rl.4                             ~ man4/rtw.4
  ~ man4/url.4                            ~ man4/wb.4

== sys =============================================================== 08/09 ==

  > - fix PowerNow flags, cosmetic, only affects dmesg output.
  > - k7_powernow_init() uses globals making it not SMP safe.
  > so do not call k7_powernow_init() with multi-processor
  > kernels for now.
  > From Gordon Willem Klok <gklok at cogeco dot ca>
  > ok tedu@ deraadt@ (brad@)

dev/ic

  ~ ar5xxx.h

  > change the fallback regulation domain to FCC2A (Canada) instead of
  > FCC1A (US) which makes more sense to us.
  > discussed with aanriot@ (reyk@)

  ~ ar5xxx.c                              ~ ar5xxx.h
  ~ ath.c                                 ~ athvar.h

  > cleanup and simplify the regulation domain handling. some devices are
  > known to have a broken/unsupported regulation domain stored in their
  > EEPROM, we use the default instead (Canada). there's no need to
  > manually define COUNTRYCODE in ar5xxx.c anymore for invalid EEPROMs
  > but it's still possible to force a specific country - your choice.
  > ok aanriot@ (reyk@)

  > regen. (fgsch@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > more O2 micro entries and correct some existing ones; based on diff
  > from Leonardo Chiquitto Filho <leonardo at iken dot com dot br> and
  > dmesglog searching. (fgsch@)

  ~ pccbbreg.h

  > addition O2Micro registers needed to make certain chipsets work (atheros
  > seems to be one of them). from linux via
  > Leonardo Chiquitto Filho <leonardo at iken dot com dot br> (fgsch@)

dev/usb

  ~ if_url.c

  > {TrendNet,Trendware} -> TRENDnet, ok jsg@ (grunk@)