[odc] Daily src changes for 2005-09-25

ODC auto at squish.net
Mon Sep 26 08:00:39 BST 2005

distrib/sets                            etc/root/root.mail
lib/csu                                 regress/sys
share/man                               sys/arch/amd64/amd64
sys/arch/amd64/include                  sys/arch/hp300/hp300
sys/arch/hppa64/include                 sys/arch/i386/i386
sys/arch/i386/include                   sys/arch/luna88k/luna88k
sys/arch/m68k/include                   sys/arch/m68k/m68k
sys/arch/m88k/include                   sys/arch/m88k/m88k
sys/arch/mac68k/mac68k                  sys/arch/mvme68k/mvme68k
sys/arch/mvme88k/dev                    sys/arch/mvme88k/mvme88k
sys/arch/sparc/include                  sys/arch/sparc/sparc
sys/dev/ic                              sys/dev/pci
sys/kern                                usr.bin/cal
usr.bin/cvs                             usr.bin/dc

== distrib =========================================================== 01/07 ==

  ~ lists/base/md.cats                    ~ lists/base/md.hp300
  ~ lists/base/md.hppa                    ~ lists/base/md.hppa64
  ~ lists/base/md.i386                    ~ lists/base/md.luna88k
  ~ lists/base/md.mac68k                  ~ lists/base/md.macppc
  ~ lists/base/md.mvme68k                 ~ lists/base/md.mvme88k
  ~ lists/base/md.mvmeppc                 ~ lists/base/md.sgi
  ~ lists/base/md.sparc                   ~ lists/base/md.sparc64
  ~ lists/base/md.vax                     ~ lists/base/md.zaurus
  ~ lists/base/mi                         ~ lists/comp/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

== etc =============================================================== 02/07 ==

root/root.mail

  ~ root/root.mail

  > package name changed; steve.shockley at shockley.neteraadt@)

== lib =============================================================== 03/07 ==

csu

  - alpha/crtbegin.c                      ~ alpha/Makefile

  > Revert temporary hack.
  > ok deraadt@ (kettenis@)

== regress =========================================================== 04/07 ==

  ~ arch/m88k/usertrap/answer             ~ arch/m88k/usertrap/testsuite.sh

  > Do not consider userland trap #496 (BUG system call on mvme88k) as special
  > anymore, since we don't want to allow userland to talk to the BUG. Deliver
  > SIGSYS instead of doing nothing. Makes things simpler, plus it polluted
  > luna88k. (miod@)

== share ============================================================= 05/07 ==

  ~ man4/hme.4

  > remove useless paragraph and fix half-duplex example. (brad@)

== sys =============================================================== 06/07 ==

  ~ cpu.c                                 ~ gdt.c
  ~ intr.c                                ~ ipi.c
  ~ pmap.c

  > Turn CPU_INFO_FOREACH into a real construct, like all queue(3) iterators,
  > instead of the contents of a for() loop. No functional change.
  > From the m88k SMP tree; ok art@ deraadt@
  > [complete diff this time] (miod@)

arch/amd64/include

  ~ cpu.h

  > Turn CPU_INFO_FOREACH into a real construct, like all queue(3) iterators,
  > instead of the contents of a for() loop. No functional change.
  > From the m88k SMP tree; ok art@ deraadt@
  > [complete diff this time] (miod@)

arch/hp300/hp300

  ~ vm_machdep.c

  > Define the symbolic register indexes in trapframe in <m68k/reg.h> only
  > #ifdef _KERNEL; also remove duplicate prototypes with <sys/ptrace.h>.
  > Helped by martin@ (miod@)

arch/hppa64/include

  ~ cpu.h

  > Turn CPU_INFO_FOREACH into a real construct, like all queue(3) iterators,
  > instead of the contents of a for() loop. No functional change.
  > From the m88k SMP tree; ok art@ deraadt@
  > [complete diff this time] (miod@)

arch/i386/i386

  ~ gdt.c                                 ~ pmap.c

  > Turn CPU_INFO_FOREACH into a real construct, like all queue(3) iterators,
  > instead of the contents of a for() loop. No functional change.
  > From the m88k SMP tree; ok art@ deraadt@
  > [complete diff this time] (miod@)

arch/i386/include

  ~ cpu.h

  > Turn CPU_INFO_FOREACH into a real construct, like all queue(3) iterators,
  > instead of the contents of a for() loop. No functional change.
  > From the m88k SMP tree; ok art@ deraadt@
  > [complete diff this time] (miod@)

arch/luna88k/luna88k

  ~ machdep.c

  > Do not consider userland trap #496 (BUG system call on mvme88k) as special
  > anymore, since we don't want to allow userland to talk to the BUG. Deliver
  > SIGSYS instead of doing nothing. Makes things simpler, plus it polluted
  > luna88k. (miod@)

arch/m68k/include

  ~ pte_motorola.h

  > Remove unused defines and macros. (miod@)

  ~ reg.h

  > Define the symbolic register indexes in trapframe in <m68k/reg.h> only
  > #ifdef _KERNEL; also remove duplicate prototypes with <sys/ptrace.h>.
  > Helped by martin@ (miod@)

arch/m68k/m68k

  ~ copypage.s

  > Typos (miod@)

arch/m88k/include

  ~ cmmu.h

  > Change the size parameter of cmmu_flush_tlb() from bytes to pages. This
  > makes
  > things easier for the callers, and allows us to inline the "fewer than 4
  > pages"
  > situation for speed. (miod@)

  ~ psl.h

  > Define symbolic constants for the processor identification register fields
  > and use them. No functional change. (miod@)

arch/m88k/m88k

  ~ eh_common.S

  > Do not consider userland trap #496 (BUG system call on mvme88k) as special
  > anymore, since we don't want to allow userland to talk to the BUG. Deliver
  > SIGSYS instead of doing nothing. Makes things simpler, plus it polluted
  > luna88k. (miod@)

  ~ m8820x_machdep.c                      ~ m88k_machdep.c
  ~ pmap.c                                ~ vm_machdep.c

  > Change the size parameter of cmmu_flush_tlb() from bytes to pages. This
  > makes
  > things easier for the callers, and allows us to inline the "fewer than 4
  > pages"
  > situation for speed. (miod@)

  ~ m8820x_machdep.c

  > Define symbolic constants for the processor identification register fields
  > and use them. No functional change. (miod@)

arch/mac68k/mac68k

  ~ vm_machdep.c

  > Define the symbolic register indexes in trapframe in <m68k/reg.h> only
  > #ifdef _KERNEL; also remove duplicate prototypes with <sys/ptrace.h>.
  > Helped by martin@ (miod@)

arch/mvme68k/mvme68k

  ~ vm_machdep.c

  > Define the symbolic register indexes in trapframe in <m68k/reg.h> only
  > #ifdef _KERNEL; also remove duplicate prototypes with <sys/ptrace.h>.
  > Helped by martin@ (miod@)

arch/mvme88k/dev

  ~ mainbus.c

  > Change the size parameter of cmmu_flush_tlb() from bytes to pages. This
  > makes
  > things easier for the callers, and allows us to inline the "fewer than 4
  > pages"
  > situation for speed. (miod@)

arch/mvme88k/mvme88k

  ~ machdep.c

  > Do not consider userland trap #496 (BUG system call on mvme88k) as special
  > anymore, since we don't want to allow userland to talk to the BUG. Deliver
  > SIGSYS instead of doing nothing. Makes things simpler, plus it polluted
  > luna88k. (miod@)

  ~ m88110.c

  > Change the size parameter of cmmu_flush_tlb() from bytes to pages. This
  > makes
  > things easier for the callers, and allows us to inline the "fewer than 4
  > pages"
  > situation for speed. (miod@)

  ~ m88110.c

  > Define symbolic constants for the processor identification register fields
  > and use them. No functional change. (miod@)

arch/sparc/include

  ~ param.h

  > Do not try increasing NKMEMPAGE_MAX on sun4m at all, until we make
  > kernel_map larger. (miod@)

arch/sparc/sparc

  ~ autoconf.c

  > Do not try increasing NKMEMPAGE_MAX on sun4m at all, until we make
  > kernel_map larger. (miod@)

  ~ machdep.c

  > On Sun4m, be sure to steal the overlapping part of the iommu dvma space
  > and kernel_map from the latter. Otherwise, very bad things happen when
  > kernel_map usage grows. (miod@)

dev/ic

  ~ ami.c                                 ~ amivar.h

  > 1.82 again; dont use the scsi xfer to decide if we should dma_sync.
  > instead use generic variables in the ccb so commands not originating from
  > the scsi layer can be handled by ami_done as well.
  > this version does not freeze like 1.82. the secret seems to be to go
  > ami_put_ccb before scsi_done. (dlg@)

  ~ ami.c

  > 1.83 again:
  > fix ami_drv_inq so it uses ami_cmd's ability to use an arbitrary kernel
  > buffer for passthrough io rather than setting its own up. (dlg@)

  ~ dc21040reg.h

  > Remove some duplicate definitions.
  > From mycroft NetBSD (brad@)

  ~ dc21040reg.h

  > Change 21040 modes slightly.
  > From matt NetBSD (brad@)

dev/pci

  ~ if_de.c

  > - delint: zero sized array initalisation is a gccism
  > - move timeout_set() from tulip_attach() to tulip_pci_attach()
  > - free -> freedescs in tulip_txput()
  > - remove duplicate flag setting in tulip_2114x_media_preset()
  > TULIP_MEDIA_10BASET_FD switch case
  > - some cleaning
  > reduces the delta from the NetBSD driver (brad@)

  ~ if_de.c                               ~ if_devar.h

  > remove more indirection through typedef's and macros (brad@)

  ~ if_de.c

  > remove TULIP_PCI_ATTACH_ARGS and TULIP_SHUTDOWN_ARGS (brad@)

  ~ if_de.c

  > shuffle some stuff around (brad@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > Add stuff found in iMac G5.
  > ok deraadt@ (kettenis@)

  > regen (kettenis@)

kern

  ~ kern_sysctl.c

  > Turn CPU_INFO_FOREACH into a real construct, like all queue(3) iterators,
  > instead of the contents of a for() loop. No functional change.
  > From the m88k SMP tree; ok art@ deraadt@
  > [complete diff this time] (miod@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 07/07 ==

cal

  ~ cal.1                                 ~ cal.c

  > cal now (well, has done for a while) accepts a single argument
  > of the abbreviated month name: update SYNOPSIS, usage(), and
  > DESCRIPTION to reflect this;
  > remove a sentence that was repeated in the text - replace it with
  > something marginally more useful;
  > be clear that both numerical and string arguments are now accepted;
  > escape some hyphens whilst here; (jmc@)

cvs

  ~ add.c

  > use cvs_add_build_entry(); joris ok (xsa@)