[odc] Daily src changes for 2005-09-26

ODC auto at squish.net
Tue Sep 27 08:00:35 BST 2005

bin/ksh                                 libexec/ld.so
sys/arch/amd64/amd64                    sys/arch/i386/conf
sys/arch/i386/isa                       sys/arch/luna88k/conf
sys/arch/mac68k/dev                     sys/arch/macppc/dev
sys/arch/macppc/pci                     sys/arch/macppc/stand
sys/conf                                sys/dev/cardbus
sys/dev/ic                              sys/dev/pcmcia
sys/dev/puc                             sys/dev/usb
sys/scsi                                sys/ufs/ffs
usr.bin/cvs                             usr.bin/xargs
usr.sbin/httpd                          usr.sbin/tcpdump

== bin =============================================================== 01/05 ==

ksh

  ~ emacs.c

  > Fix a redraw problem that occurs when a recalled history line has
  > length equal to screen width - 2. Spotted by jmc@, tested by various.
  > ok deraadt@ (otto@)

== libexec =========================================================== 02/05 ==

ld.so

  ~ library.c                             ~ library_mquery.c

  > Fully unload dependant libraries, fixes gphoto2 bug. (drahn@)

== sys =============================================================== 03/05 ==

  ~ disksubr.c

  > Use SCSI_IGNORE_ILLEGAL_REQUEST when reading a cd's table of contents.
  > ILLEGAL REQUEST is correctly reported for blank media, as an
  > informative FreeBSD comment pointed out. Ensure the returned table of
  > contents is always initialized to zero. Call readdisklabel with
  > spoofonly = 1 when no data tracks are found.
  > Don't try to read the DOS label from the device if spoofonly is 1.
  > Only done for amd64 here. More archs to follow.
  > Eliminates scsi error messages when attempting to open a cd containing
  > blank media, as pointed out by Michael Coulter.
  > ok deraadt@ (krw@)

arch/i386/conf

  ~ files.i386

  > Share com probe code between com and pccom; allows us to get rid of awkward
  > code duplication in cardbus, pcmcia and puc attachments.
  > Joint effort with fgs@; blessed deraadt@ (miod@)

arch/i386/isa

  ~ pccom.c                               ~ pccomvar.h

  > Share com probe code between com and pccom; allows us to get rid of awkward
  > code duplication in cardbus, pcmcia and puc attachments.
  > Joint effort with fgs@; blessed deraadt@ (miod@)

arch/luna88k/conf

  ~ Makefile.luna88k

  > Delete wrong comments, originally came from Makefile.mvme88k.
  > ok miod@ (aoyama@)

arch/mac68k/dev

  ~ grf_iv.c

  > - correct framebuffer calculation offset by marking off garbage bits in
  > the DAFB v7
  > - treat the Quadra 605 like the LC47x
  > from NetBSD (martin@)

arch/macppc/dev

  ~ openpic.c

  > Consider nodes named "mpic" as potential open-pic candidates.
  > ok drahn@ (kettenis@)

  ~ uni_n.c

  > Match "u3" as found in G5 systems.
  > ok drahn@ (kettenis@)

arch/macppc/pci

  ~ macobio.c

  > Match Apple Shasta PCI ID as found on G5 systems.
  > ok drahn@ (kettenis@)

arch/macppc/stand

  ~ hfs.c

  > Return EIO if reading fails.
  > ok drahn@ (kettenis@)

conf

  ~ files

  > Share com probe code between com and pccom; allows us to get rid of awkward
  > code duplication in cardbus, pcmcia and puc attachments.
  > Joint effort with fgs@; blessed deraadt@ (miod@)

dev/cardbus

  ~ com_cardbus.c

  > Share com probe code between com and pccom; allows us to get rid of awkward
  > code duplication in cardbus, pcmcia and puc attachments.
  > Joint effort with fgs@; blessed deraadt@ (miod@)

  ~ cardbus.c

  > minor knf (deraadt@)

dev/ic

  ~ ami.c                                 ~ amivar.h

  > allocate and map the mbox separately to the iocmds used by the ccbs. (dlg@)

  ~ com.c                                 + com_subr.c

  > Share com probe code between com and pccom; allows us to get rid of awkward
  > code duplication in cardbus, pcmcia and puc attachments.
  > Joint effort with fgs@; blessed deraadt@ (miod@)

dev/pcmcia

  ~ com_pcmcia.c

  > Share com probe code between com and pccom; allows us to get rid of awkward
  > code duplication in cardbus, pcmcia and puc attachments.
  > Joint effort with fgs@; blessed deraadt@ (miod@)

dev/puc

  ~ com_puc.c

  > Share com probe code between com and pccom; allows us to get rid of awkward
  > code duplication in cardbus, pcmcia and puc attachments.
  > Joint effort with fgs@; blessed deraadt@ (miod@)

dev/usb

  ~ usb_port.h

  > Enable the USB softintr code on platforms which
  > __HAVE_GENERIC_SOFTINTERRUPTS.
  > go ahead deraadt@ (miod@)

scsi

  ~ cd.c

  > Use SCSI_IGNORE_ILLEGAL_REQUEST when reading a cd's table of contents.
  > ILLEGAL REQUEST is correctly reported for blank media, as an
  > informative FreeBSD comment pointed out. Ensure the returned table of
  > contents is always initialized to zero. Call readdisklabel with
  > spoofonly = 1 when no data tracks are found.
  > Don't try to read the DOS label from the device if spoofonly is 1.
  > Only done for amd64 here. More archs to follow.
  > Eliminates scsi error messages when attempting to open a cd containing
  > blank media, as pointed out by Michael Coulter.
  > ok deraadt@ (krw@)

ufs/ffs

  ~ ffs_softdep.c                         ~ softdep.h

  > bring in two changes from freebsd:
  > - keep track of free blocks dependencies, and only tell the syncer to
  > release the blocks when there are no more dirty buffers associated
  > - don't mark the inode dependency as done if we had to rollback its
  > allocation due to the bitmap being inconsistent
  > testing by krw, jsg, jmc and sturm, okay deraadt (pedro@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 04/05 ==

  ~ tag.c

  > style; (xsa@)

  ~ tag.c

  > some more style nits and bits; (xsa@)

xargs

  ~ xargs.c

  > terminate the buffer before calling regexec(3) when prompting for
  > confirmation. fixes a crash with malloc options; otto@ ok. (fgsch@)

httpd

  ~ Makefile.bsd-wrapper

  > deal with xargs new behaviour by using -r, okay deraadt@ (pedro@)