[odc] Daily src changes for 2005-09-28

ODC auto at squish.net
Thu Sep 29 08:00:40 BST 2005

distrib/sets                            etc/netstart
etc/sysctl.conf                         gnu/usr.bin/ld
libexec/ld.so                           regress/libexec
share/man                               sys/dev/usb
sys/isofs/cd9660                        sys/msdosfs
sys/net                                 sys/netinet
sys/uvm                                 usr.bin/mg
usr.bin/passwd                          usr.bin/sort
usr.bin/systat                          usr.bin/vmstat
usr.sbin/ospfd                          usr.sbin/spray
usr.sbin/syslogc

== distrib =========================================================== 01/09 ==

  ~ lists/man/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

== etc =============================================================== 02/09 ==

netstart

  ~ netstart

  > use eval consistently, fixes description quotes on rtsol and dhcp
  > fix inspired by and closes pr 4495
  > ok krw@ (todd@)

sysctl.conf

  ~ sysctl.conf

  > Enable RFC3390 by default and remove a few compile time options which
  > can be changed via sysctl's.
  > ok markus@ (brad@)

== gnu =============================================================== 03/09 ==

usr.bin/ld

  ~ ldconfig/ldconfig.8

  > sync to ELF version of this man page (deraadt@)

  ~ Makefile                              ~ rtld/Makefile

  > enter rtld, to install the man page at least (deraadt@)

== libexec =========================================================== 04/09 ==

ld.so

  ~ dlfcn.c

  > use the calling object's handle for dlsym(RTLD_DEFAULT,...). makes symbols
  > in the calling object's load group visable. (kurt@)

  ~ dlfcn.c                               ~ library_subr.c
  ~ resolve.c                             ~ resolve.h

  > keep track of opencounts for dlopened objects, so that they
  > get unloaded the right number of times on exit. (drahn@)

  ~ Makefile

  > If there is some compilation error/warning in ld.so do not allow it to
  > build, ld.so is too fragile and destructive otherwise. (drahn@)

  ~ library_subr.c                        ~ loader.c
  ~ resolve.h

  > remove _dl_exiting dead code (kurt@)

  ~ dlfcn.c                               ~ library.c
  ~ resolve.c                             ~ resolve.h

  > keep a state flag if a library has been unloaded, and then free the list
  > seperately ok kurt@ (drahn@)

  ~ library_subr.c

  > fix a use after free and let exit clean up instead. ok drahn@ (kurt@)

  ~ library.c                             ~ library_mquery.c

  > correct last commit, in both files. (drahn@)

== regress =========================================================== 05/09 ==

libexec

  ~ ld.so/dlsym/test2/libbb/bb.c

  > make sure dlsym(RTLD_DEFAULT,...) can see symbols in own object group
  > (kurt@)

  ~ ld.so/Makefile

  > add dlclose subdir (kurt@)

  + ld.so/dlclose/Makefile                + ld.so/dlclose/test1/Makefile
  + ld.so/dlclose/test1/Makefile.inc
  + ld.so/dlclose/test1/libbb/shlib_version
  + ld.so/dlclose/test1/libbb/Makefile    + ld.so/dlclose/test1/libbb/bb.c
  + ld.so/dlclose/test1/libaa/shlib_version
  + ld.so/dlclose/test1/libaa/Makefile    + ld.so/dlclose/test1/libaa/aa.c
  + ld.so/dlclose/test1/prog1/main.c      + ld.so/dlclose/test1/prog1/Makefile
  + ld.so/dlclose/test1/prog2/main.c      + ld.so/dlclose/test1/prog2/Makefile

  > New import:
  >	two new regresses for dlclose. double dlopen("foo") with single

== share ============================================================= 06/09 ==

  ~ man4/Makefile                         ~ man4/fpa.4

  > add the DEC DEFTA TURBOchannel FDDI controller, fta(4)
  > ok miod@ jmc@ (martin@)

== sys =============================================================== 07/09 ==

  ~ umodem.c

  > add support for the nokia 6680 with a ca-42 cable.
  > When looping over all the descriptors to fund functional
  > descriptors for CM, ACM, and UNION, I make sure to only look for
  > these descriptors in the interface number we are using.  At least
  > on the 6680, there are lots of interfaces, and more than one of
  > them have UNION and ACM functional descriptors.  Only the ones at
  > the CDC/ACM/AT interface are the ones to use...
  > diff from Staffan Ulberg, on top of a diff from Tony Lambiris (dlg@)

isofs/cd9660

  ~ iso.h

  > No part of the code defines UNALIGNED_ACCESS, use reverted tests for
  > __STRICT_ALIGNMENT instead.
  > Help pedro@ deraadt@, ok deraadt@ (miod@)

msdosfs

  ~ bpb.h

  > No part of the code defines UNALIGNED_ACCESS, use reverted tests for
  > __STRICT_ALIGNMENT instead.
  > Help pedro@ deraadt@, ok deraadt@ (miod@)

net

  ~ if_pfsync.c                           ~ if_pfsync.h
  ~ pf.c                                  ~ pf_if.c
  ~ pf_ioctl.c                            ~ pfvar.h

  > Improve the safety of pf IOCTLs, taking into account that some paths can
  > sleep.
  > - Introduces a rw_lock in pfioctl so that we can have concurrent readers
  > but only one process performing updates at a time;
  > - Separates state expiry into "unlink" and "free" parts; anyone can unlink
  > a state/src node from the RB trees at any time, but a state can only be
  > freed whilst the write lock is held;
  > - Converts state_updates into list state_list containing all states,
  > regardless of whether they are "linked" or "unlinked";
  > - Introduces a new PFTM_UNLINKED state that is used on the "unlinked"
  > states
  > to signal that they can be freed;
  > - Converts pf_purge_expired_state to an "unlink" state routine, which only
  > unlinks the state from the RB trees.  Freeing the state/src nodes is left
  > to the purge thread, which runs whilst holding a write lock, such that all
  > "next" references remain valid;
  > - Converts pfsync_bulk_update and DIOCGETSTATES to walk state_list rather
  > than the RB trees;
  > - Converts the purge thread to use the new state_list and perform a partial
  > purge every second, with the target rate a full state table walk every
  > PFTM_INTERVAL seconds.
  > seen by mcbride, henning, dhartmei pre-3.8, but too intrusive for then
  > (pascoe@)

  ~ bpf_filter.c

  > No part of the code defines UNALIGNED_ACCESS, use reverted tests for
  > __STRICT_ALIGNMENT instead.
  > Help pedro@ deraadt@, ok deraadt@ (miod@)

netinet

  ~ tcp_subr.c

  > Enable RFC3390 by default and remove a few compile time options which
  > can be changed via sysctl's.
  > ok markus@ (brad@)

uvm

  ~ uvm_extern.h                          ~ uvm_map.c

  > - when we run out of static kernel map entries, grab a fresh page using
  > the uvm_km_page allocator and use it instead of calling panic()
  > - add a counter to uvmexp so we can keep track of how many map entries
  > we have in use
  > idea from tedu@, long ago, okay deraadt@ (pedro@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 08/09 ==

mg

  ~ buffer.c

  > fix buflist mode; pr 4524; from jason (deraadt@)

passwd

  ~ passwd.c

  > pull in protos from rpcsvc/ypclnt.h; issue noted by leonardo at iken.com.br  > (deraadt@)

sort

  ~ sort.1                                ~ sort.c

  > sort options and sync usage();
  > some help from dlg@ (jmc@)

systat

  ~ vmstat.c

  > - when we run out of static kernel map entries, grab a fresh page using
  > the uvm_km_page allocator and use it instead of calling panic()
  > - add a counter to uvmexp so we can keep track of how many map entries
  > we have in use
  > idea from tedu@, long ago, okay deraadt@ (pedro@)

vmstat

  ~ vmstat.c

  > make -s print information about kmapent as well, reminded by deraadt@
  > (pedro@)

ospfd

  ~ interface.c

  > - use proper function name in log message
  > ok norby@ (msf@)

spray

  ~ spray.c

  > use more strtonum(); from mkb at crypt.org.rueraadt@)