[odc] Daily src changes for 2005-09-29

ODC auto at squish.net
Fri Sep 30 08:00:28 BST 2005

distrib/sets                            etc/daily
etc/hostapd.conf                        gnu/usr.bin/ld
lib/libc                                share/man
share/zoneinfo                          sys/arch/amd64/pci
sys/arch/macppc/conf                    sys/arch/macppc/macppc
sys/arch/macppc/pci                     sys/ddb
sys/dev/isa                             sys/dev/pci
sys/dev/usb                             sys/netinet
sys/nfs                                 sys/scsi
sys/ufs/ffs                             usr.bin/cvs
usr.bin/rcs                             usr.sbin/hostapd
usr.sbin/ospfd                          usr.sbin/tcpdump

== distrib =========================================================== 01/08 ==

  ~ lists/man/md.vax

  > sync (deraadt@)

  ~ lists/base/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

== etc =============================================================== 02/08 ==

daily

  ~ daily

  > ok, add uptime after kernel version (deraadt@)

hostapd.conf

  ~ hostapd.conf

  > initial hostapd.conf file, please read it reyk (deraadt@)

  ~ hostapd.conf

  > some examples with descriptions for hostapd.conf
  > "inspired" by deraadt@ (reyk@)

== gnu =============================================================== 03/08 ==

usr.bin/ld

  ~ rrs.c                                 ~ ldconfig/ldconfig.c

== lib =============================================================== 04/08 ==

  > use tabs instead of spaces in tags file (uwe@)

== share ============================================================= 05/08 ==

  ~ man4/cdce.4

  > 2 more cdce devices (deraadt@)

  ~ man4/cdce.4

  > -bullet lists require a different format to -tag... (jmc@)

  ~ man7/mdoc.samples.7

  > .An only splits lines in AUTHORS; ok jmc (jaredy@)

  ~ man7/mdoc.samples.7

  > the on/off argument to .Sm is not a flag; ok jmc (jaredy@)

  ~ man4/watchdog.4

  > Xr viasio(4) (grange@)

  ~ man4/viasio.4

  > Add support for the VIA VT1211 watchdog timer, not tested.
  > If you have a board that really uses this watchdog
  > please give it a try. (grange@)

zoneinfo

  ~ Makefile

  > place iso3166.tab into /usr/share/misc; pr 4260 has the discussion..
  > (deraadt@)

== sys =============================================================== 06/08 ==

arch/amd64/pci

  ~ iommu.c

  > Execute operations in the correct order.  From jason@ (marco@)

arch/macppc/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ files.macppc

  > Add driver for HyperTransport as found in G5 Macs.
  > ok drahn@ (kettenis@)

  ~ RAMDISK

  > Add HyperTransport here too. (kettenis@)

arch/macppc/macppc

  ~ mainbus.c

  > Configure ht if found.
  > "there is some stuff here that needs no ok's!" deraadt@ (kettenis@)

  ~ cpu.c

  > Improve PowerPC 7447A support.
  > ok drahn@ (kettenis@)

  ~ disksubr.c

  > Avoid i/o's when spoofonly = 1 in readdisklabel(). Same as other DOS
  > partition archs with an extra bit to avoid i/o for hfs.
  > ok deraadt@ (krw@)

arch/macppc/pci

  ~ pchb.c

  > Add Shasta HyperTransport.
  > ok deraadt@ (kettenis@)

  + ht.c

  > Add driver for HyperTransport as found in G5 Macs.
  > ok drahn@ (kettenis@)

  ~ ht.c

  > Clean up ht_intr_map() a bit. (kettenis@)

  ~ macobio.c

  > G5 bridge. (drahn@)

ddb

  ~ db_sym.c

  > char end[] vs long end, bad; pr 4288 (deraadt@)

dev/isa

  ~ viasio.c                              ~ viasioreg.h

  > Add support for the VIA VT1211 watchdog timer, not tested.
  > If you have a board that really uses this watchdog
  > please give it a try. (grange@)

dev/pci

  ~ if_gem_pci.c

  > Add support for Shasta GMAC.
  > ok drahn@ (kettenis@)

  > sync (drahn@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > Devices on G5 tower (drahn@)

dev/usb

  ~ files.usb                             ~ usbdevs.h
  ~ usbdevs_data.h

  > sync (deraadt@)

  ~ usbdevs                               ~ if_cdce.c

  > 2 more cdce devices (deraadt@)

netinet

  ~ ip_carp.c

  > Rework of multicast deletion code.
  > The previous code could wrongly delete multicast groups
  > on the parent interface. Now we forward only remembered
  > delete requests to the carpdev.
  > OK mcbride, mickey. "Get it in" deraadt. (mpf@)

nfs

  ~ nfs_vnops.c

  > toast cast of lvalue; pr 4289 (deraadt@)

scsi

  ~ cd.c

  > Clear SDEV_MEDIA_LOADED for cd media on the last close of a device, as
  > sd does. Prevents spurious label information from being seen on
  > devices that return NOT READY/UNABLE TO RECOVER TABLE-OF-CONTENTS
  > error (or other sense errors) for blank media. Burning cd's still
  > works.
  > ok marco@ dlg@ fgsch@ deraadt@ (krw@)

  ~ ses.c

  > fix the check for the type of enclosure (dlg@)

ufs/ffs

  ~ ffs_vfsops.c

  > Sync dirty data when going from read-write to read-only.
  > Verified against FreeBSD, closes PR 4526, okay deraadt at .edro@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 07/08 ==

  ~ rcs.c

  > allow RCS_HEAD_REV to be passed to rcs_getrev() to obtain the head
  > revision; (joris@)

  ~ rcs.c

  > implement RCS_HEAD_REV in rcs_rev_add()
  > ok joris@ (niallo@)

  ~ rcs.c

  > don't forget to put the revision into the rcs_lock
  > struct in rcs_lock_add(). ok niallo@ joris@ (moritz@)

  ~ rcs.c

  > return -1 instead of NULL in rcs_sym_{add,remove}. ok joris@ (moritz@)

  ~ rcs.c

  > free the access list when rcs file is closed. ok joris@ (moritz@)

  ~ rcs.c

  > set RCS_SYNCED to off in some more functions which
  > change rcs file content. ok joris@ (moritz@)

rcs

  ~ rcsprog.c

  > for RCS files look in RCSDIR, if there is no path prefix specified.
  > if RCSDIR does not exist, look in the parent directory. (joris@)

  ~ rcsprog.c

  > zap unused vars (joris@)

  ~ Makefile                              + co.c

  > put it basic checkout code (joris@)

  ~ co.c

  > fix usage (joris@)

  ~ rcsprog.c

  > stuff needed for 'co' (joris@)

  ~ rcsprog.c                             + rcsprog.h

  > - prototypes for the RCS commands go in rcsprog.h
  > - use rcs_statfile() to obtain the correct path to the RCS file (joris@)

  ~ co.c                                  ~ rcsprog.c
  ~ rcsprog.h

  > support -q flag in 'co' and 'rcs' (joris@)

  ~ rcsprog.c

  > minor knf (xsa@)

  ~ rcsprog.c

  > hrmz..better. (xsa@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 08/08 ==

hostapd

  ~ parse.y

  > order alphabetically (reyk@)

  ~ hostapd.conf.5

  > Add event rule examples (reyk@)

ospfd

  ~ neighbor.c

  > Show the time a neighbor was DOWN instead of counting down from
  > DEFAULT_NBR_TMOUT. Makes it easy to see since when a peer is dead.
  > OK norby@ some time ago (claudio@)

tcpdump

  ~ privsep_pcap.c