[odc] Daily src changes for 2006-04-27

ODC auto at squish.net
Fri Apr 28 08:00:43 BST 2006

distrib/notes                           distrib/sets
lib/libc                                lib/libkvm
regress/usr.bin                         sbin/fsck_ffs
sbin/pdisk                              share/man
sys/arch/alpha/include                  sys/arch/amd64/include
sys/arch/i386/conf                      sys/arch/i386/i386
sys/arch/i386/include                   sys/arch/i386/isa
sys/arch/i386/pci                       sys/arch/macppc/conf
sys/arch/mvme88k/dev                    sys/arch/mvme88k/include
sys/arch/mvme88k/mvme88k                sys/arch/sparc/dev
sys/arch/sparc64/dev                    sys/dev
sys/dev/ic                              sys/dev/isa
sys/dev/pci                             sys/dev/usb
sys/kern                                sys/netinet
sys/sys                                 sys/uvm
usr.bin/cvs                             usr.bin/rcs
usr.bin/xlint                           usr.sbin/config

== distrib =========================================================== 01/08 ==

  ~ mac68k/install

  > update for pdisk 0.8a2, from NetBSD, retaining our local changes;
  > summing it up:
  > - Clean up sources - fix naming, delete old email addresses
  > - Added support for display of Mac volume names
  > - Fix block 0 display to show logical offset of drivers
  > - Require confirmation of quit without write
  > - Fix iteration to not complain about missing devices
  > - Warn when creating/writing a map with more than 15 entries
  > and, most important, add do_update_dpme() which allows us to partition
  > OpenBSD slices without previous MacOS setup.
  > Tested with shared MacOS install on macppc, procedure there remains the
  > same.
  > grammer and spelling help and ok jmc@
  > ok miod@ (martin@)

  ~ lists/base/md.cats                    ~ lists/base/md.hp300
  ~ lists/base/md.hppa                    ~ lists/base/md.hppa64
  ~ lists/base/md.i386                    ~ lists/base/md.luna88k
  ~ lists/base/md.mac68k                  ~ lists/base/md.macppc
  ~ lists/base/md.mvme68k                 ~ lists/base/md.mvme88k
  ~ lists/base/md.mvmeppc                 ~ lists/base/md.sgi
  ~ lists/base/md.sparc                   ~ lists/base/md.sparc64
  ~ lists/base/md.vax                     ~ lists/base/md.zaurus
  ~ lists/comp/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

  ~ lists/base/md.mvme88k                 ~ lists/comp/md.mvme88k

  > <machine/mvme1x7.h> is not really used anymore, remove it. (miod@)

== lib =============================================================== 02/08 ==

  ~ gen/sysctl.3

  > update descriptions for DBCTL_{CONSOLE,PANIC}: they may not be raised
  > when securelevel >0;
  > based on a diff from nicholas marriott (jmc@)

libkvm

  ~ kvm_i386.c

  > detect page table dir size difference for normal and pae modes
  > (4k vs 16k) and use proper physical address types and page table
  > indexing. (mickey@)

== regress =========================================================== 03/08 ==

usr.bin

  ~ xlint/Makefile                        + xlint/test-20.c
  + xlint/test-20.c.exp

  > Add test for "expression has null effect" warnings. (otto@)

  ~ xlint/test-19.c                       ~ xlint/test-19.c.exp

  > Make test use explicit signed char, instead of just char. We'll make
  > unspecified char tests later, when lint is smarter about char that.
  > Discussed with cloder@ (otto@)

== sbin ============================================================== 04/08 ==

fsck_ffs

  ~ pass5.c

  > Avoid spurious 'summary information bad' warnings, okay tedu@ (pedro@)

pdisk

  ~ HISTORY                               ~ Makefile
  ~ README                                ~ bitfield.c
  ~ bitfield.h                            ~ convert.c
  ~ convert.h                             ~ deblock_media.c
  ~ deblock_media.h                       ~ dpme.h
  ~ dump.c                                ~ dump.h
  ~ errors.c                              ~ errors.h
  ~ file_media.c                          ~ file_media.h
  ~ io.c                                  ~ io.h
  ~ media.c                               ~ media.h
  ~ partition_map.c                       ~ partition_map.h
  ~ pathname.c                            ~ pathname.h
  ~ pdisk.8                               ~ pdisk.c
  ~ pdisk.h                               ~ util.c
  ~ util.h                                ~ validate.c
  ~ validate.h                            ~ version.h
  + hfs_misc.c                            + hfs_misc.h

  > update for pdisk 0.8a2, from NetBSD, retaining our local changes;
  > summing it up:
  > - Clean up sources - fix naming, delete old email addresses
  > - Added support for display of Mac volume names
  > - Fix block 0 display to show logical offset of drivers
  > - Require confirmation of quit without write
  > - Fix iteration to not complain about missing devices
  > - Warn when creating/writing a map with more than 15 entries
  > and, most important, add do_update_dpme() which allows us to partition
  > OpenBSD slices without previous MacOS setup.
  > Tested with shared MacOS install on macppc, procedure there remains the
  > same.
  > grammer and spelling help and ok jmc@
  > ok miod@ (martin@)

== share ============================================================= 05/08 ==

  ~ man4/pciide.4

  > Match the ICH7-M DH in RAID mode and ask for
  > IDE SATA mode of operation. (jsg@)

  ~ man4/pci.4

  > slight sync to azalia's Nd; ok jason (jmc@)

  ~ man4/udcf.4

  > Keep up with recent changes in udcf and make it less of an insult.
  > (mbalmer@)

  ~ man4/udcf.4

  > new sentence, new line; (jmc@)

  ~ man9/pci_intr_map.9

  > Document how PCI interrupt handlers are called, okay mickey@ (pedro@)

  ~ man4/tty.4

  > create a (very simple) method for timestamping CTS & DCD events on ttys,
  > using ioctl TIOCSTSTAMP & TIOCGTSTAMP.  to be used later for gps monitoring
  > type things; ok kettenis miod (deraadt@)

== sys =============================================================== 06/08 ==

arch/alpha/include

  ~ bus.h

  > from PAE work:
  > add a BUS_DMA_24BIT flag to signify that dmamap being created
  > is for the isadma use (thus already backed up by the bounce
  > buffers). later also to be used for dmamem allocation. (mickey@)

arch/amd64/include

  ~ bus.h

  > from PAE work:
  > add a BUS_DMA_24BIT flag to signify that dmamap being created
  > is for the isadma use (thus already backed up by the bounce
  > buffers). later also to be used for dmamem allocation. (mickey@)

arch/i386/conf

  ~ files.i386

  > implement separate PAE pmap that allows access to 64g of physmem
  > if supported by the cpu(s). currently not enabled by default and
  > not compiled into ramdisks. this grows paddr_t to 64bit but yet
  > leaves bus_addr_t at 32bits. measures are taken to favour dmaable
  > memory allocation from below 4g line such that buffer cache is
  > already allocated form below, pool backend allocator prefers lower
  > memory and then finally bounce buffers are used as last resort.
  > PAE is engaged only if global variable cpu_pae is manually set
  > to non-zero and there is physical memory present above 4g.
  > simplify pcibios address math to use u_long as we always will
  > be in the 32bit space. (mickey@)

arch/i386/i386

  ~ autoconf.c                            ~ cpu.c
  ~ db_memrw.c                            ~ genassym.cf
  ~ kgdb_machdep.c                        ~ lapic.c
  ~ locore.s                              ~ machdep.c
  ~ mpbios.c                              ~ mptramp.s
  ~ pmap.c                                ~ vm_machdep.c
  + pmapae.c

  > implement separate PAE pmap that allows access to 64g of physmem
  > if supported by the cpu(s). currently not enabled by default and
  > not compiled into ramdisks. this grows paddr_t to 64bit but yet
  > leaves bus_addr_t at 32bits. measures are taken to favour dmaable
  > memory allocation from below 4g line such that buffer cache is
  > already allocated form below, pool backend allocator prefers lower
  > memory and then finally bounce buffers are used as last resort.
  > PAE is engaged only if global variable cpu_pae is manually set
  > to non-zero and there is physical memory present above 4g.
  > simplify pcibios address math to use u_long as we always will
  > be in the 32bit space. (mickey@)

arch/i386/include

  ~ bus.h

  > from PAE work:
  > add a BUS_DMA_24BIT flag to signify that dmamap being created
  > is for the isadma use (thus already backed up by the bounce
  > buffers). later also to be used for dmamem allocation. (mickey@)

  ~ _types.h                              ~ atomic.h
  ~ bus.h                                 ~ cpu.h
  ~ loadfile_machdep.h                    ~ param.h
  ~ pmap.h                                ~ pte.h
  ~ tss.h                                 ~ vmparam.h

  > implement separate PAE pmap that allows access to 64g of physmem
  > if supported by the cpu(s). currently not enabled by default and
  > not compiled into ramdisks. this grows paddr_t to 64bit but yet
  > leaves bus_addr_t at 32bits. measures are taken to favour dmaable
  > memory allocation from below 4g line such that buffer cache is
  > already allocated form below, pool backend allocator prefers lower
  > memory and then finally bounce buffers are used as last resort.
  > PAE is engaged only if global variable cpu_pae is manually set
  > to non-zero and there is physical memory present above 4g.
  > simplify pcibios address math to use u_long as we always will
  > be in the 32bit space. (mickey@)

arch/i386/isa

  ~ pccom.c

  > 2 lines of code in most drivers, to do the timestamping; ok miod kettenis
  > (deraadt@)

arch/i386/pci

  ~ pci_addr_fixup.c                      ~ pci_machdep.c
  ~ pcibios.c

  > implement separate PAE pmap that allows access to 64g of physmem
  > if supported by the cpu(s). currently not enabled by default and
  > not compiled into ramdisks. this grows paddr_t to 64bit but yet
  > leaves bus_addr_t at 32bits. measures are taken to favour dmaable
  > memory allocation from below 4g line such that buffer cache is
  > already allocated form below, pool backend allocator prefers lower
  > memory and then finally bounce buffers are used as last resort.
  > PAE is engaged only if global variable cpu_pae is manually set
  > to non-zero and there is physical memory present above 4g.
  > simplify pcibios address math to use u_long as we always will
  > be in the 32bit space. (mickey@)

arch/macppc/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > Enable udcf(4) on macppc.
  > ok deraadt (mbalmer@)

  ~ GENERIC

  > Bring 'ural* at uhub?' to the right position (keep the usb chunks in config
  > files the same)
  > "move things" deraadt (mbalmer@)

  ~ GENERIC

  > move 'midi* at umidi?' to the same place as for i386. (mbalmer@)

arch/mvme88k/dev

  ~ if_lereg.h

  > typo (miod@)

  ~ nvram.c

  > Manage a local copy of the MVME188 nvram and update the real data when
  > necessary; allow opening /dev/nvram0 on MVME188 again (but no mmap).
  > (miod@)

  ~ mainbus.c                             ~ pcctwo.c
  ~ pcctworeg.h

  > Adjust sizes for the mandatory 1:1 mappings created in pmap_bootstrap().
  > Saves up to 12KB of no longer necessary page tables. (miod@)

arch/mvme88k/include

  ~ conf.h

  > Manage a local copy of the MVME188 nvram and update the real data when
  > necessary; allow opening /dev/nvram0 on MVME188 again (but no mmap).
  > (miod@)

  - mvme1x7.h                             ~ mvme187.h
  ~ mvme197.h

  > <machine/mvme1x7.h> is not really used anymore, remove it. (miod@)

  ~ mvme187.h                             ~ mvme188.h
  ~ mvme197.h                             ~ mvme1x7.h

  > Adjust sizes for the mandatory 1:1 mappings created in pmap_bootstrap().
  > Saves up to 12KB of no longer necessary page tables. (miod@)

arch/mvme88k/mvme88k

  ~ clockvar.h                            ~ m187_machdep.c
  ~ m197_machdep.c                        ~ m1x7_machdep.c

  > <machine/mvme1x7.h> is not really used anymore, remove it. (miod@)

  ~ m187_machdep.c                        ~ m197_machdep.c
  ~ m1x7_machdep.c                        ~ pmap_table.c

  > Adjust sizes for the mandatory 1:1 mappings created in pmap_bootstrap().
  > Saves up to 12KB of no longer necessary page tables. (miod@)

arch/sparc/dev

  ~ z8530tty.c

  > 2 lines of code in most drivers, to do the timestamping; ok miod kettenis
  > (deraadt@)

arch/sparc64/dev

  ~ z8530tty.c

  > 2 lines of code to support tty timestamps (deraadt@)

dev

  ~ ipmi.c

  > from PAE work:
  > since we are only interested in the page offset bits
  > cast paddr_t to (smaller) u_long to shuddup gcc (; (mickey@)

dev/ic

  ~ com.c                                 ~ z8530tty.c

  > 2 lines of code in most drivers, to do the timestamping; ok miod kettenis
  > (deraadt@)

  ~ ac97.c                                ~ ac97.h

  > Quirk for MSI Megabook S270 audio output. Ok deraadt at .atthieu@)

dev/isa

  ~ isadma.c

  > from PAE work:
  > add a BUS_DMA_24BIT flag to signify that dmamap being created
  > is for the isadma use (thus already backed up by the bounce
  > buffers). later also to be used for dmamem allocation. (mickey@)

  > ICH7-M DH in RAID mode, from ICH7 errata datasheet. (jsg@)

  > regen (jsg@)

  ~ pciide.c

  > Match the ICH7-M DH in RAID mode and ask for
  > IDE SATA mode of operation. (jsg@)

  ~ auixp.c

  > Quirk for MSI Megabook S270 audio output. Ok deraadt at .atthieu@)

dev/usb

  ~ udcf.c

  > cope with recent changes in the sensor framework
  > - provide the timedelta in nanoseconds
  > - provide a timestamp in the sensor
  > support for HBG and DCF77:
  > - detect clocktype (DCF77 or HBG) and set it once is the sensor description
  > (mbalmer@)

  ~ ucom.c

  > 2 lines of code in most drivers, to do the timestamping; ok miod kettenis
  > (deraadt@)

kern

  ~ tty.c

  > create a (very simple) method for timestamping CTS & DCD events on ttys,
  > using ioctl TIOCSTSTAMP & TIOCGTSTAMP.  to be used later for gps monitoring
  > type things; ok kettenis miod (deraadt@)

netinet

  ~ icmp6.h                               ~ ip.h
  ~ ip6.h                                 ~ ip_carp.h
  ~ ip_ipsp.h                             ~ pim.h
  ~ tcp.h

  > use underscore variants of _BYTE_ORDER macros which are always defined
  > ok deraadt millert (tedu@)

sys

  ~ cdio.h                                ~ systm.h
  ~ wait.h

  > use the underscore variants of _BYTE_ORDER which are always defined
  > even when various "strict" compiler options are used
  > ok deraadt millert (tedu@)

  ~ tty.h                                 ~ ttycom.h

  > create a (very simple) method for timestamping CTS & DCD events on ttys,
  > using ioctl TIOCSTSTAMP & TIOCGTSTAMP.  to be used later for gps monitoring
  > type things; ok kettenis miod (deraadt@)

uvm

  ~ uvm_page.c

  > from PAE work:
  > as freepages being vconverted back to byte address make sure to
  > perform calculations in (upcoming) larger paddr_t to avoid losing
  > higher bits in calculation. (mickey@)

  ~ uvm_map.c

  > from PAE work:
  > as paddr_t could be a long long (soon) always cast and print as llx.
  > (mickey@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 07/08 ==

  ~ cvs.1

  > document revisions and state; ok xsa (jmc@)

rcs

  ~ rcs.1                                 ~ rcsprog.c

  > move -M into compat land; ok xsa (jmc@)

  - util.c                                - util.h
  ~ Makefile                              ~ diff3.c
  ~ rcs.c                                 ~ rcsprog.h
  ~ rcsutil.c                             ~ rcsutil.h

  > zap util.[ch] and move the content into rcsutil.[ch].
  > discussed with joris at .sa@)

  ~ rcs.1

  > document state (-s); help/ok xsa (jmc@)

  ~ rcs.1

  > consistency fix; (jmc@)

  ~ rcs.1

  > better wording for the keyword section; (jmc@)

  ~ ci.1                                  ~ co.1
  ~ rcsclean.1                            ~ rcsmerge.1

  > remove the revision sections - it's explained in rcs(1) and i think
  > that's enough... (jmc@)

  ~ rcs.1

  > expand the description of -c; help/ok xsa (jmc@)

xlint

  ~ lint1/tree.c

  > Correctly process comma operator when hunting for "expression has null
  > effect" warnings. NetBSD has same fix, I found out after the fact.
  > ok cloder@ (otto@)

  ~ lint1/err.c                           ~ lint1/tree.c

  > print a quad as %lld, not %d (otto@)

config

  ~ config.h                              ~ files.c
  ~ gram.y                                ~ mkmakefile.c
  ~ scan.l