[odc] Daily src changes for 2006-02-10

ODC auto at squish.net
Sat Feb 11 07:00:53 GMT 2006

share/man                               sys/arch/alpha/conf
sys/arch/amd64/conf                     sys/arch/i386/i386
sys/arch/macppc/dev                     sys/arch/macppc/macppc
sys/arch/powerpc/include                sys/arch/sparc64/conf
sys/arch/sparc64/dev                    sys/dev/ic
sys/dev/pci                             sys/dev/usb
usr.bin/cvs                             usr.bin/ssh
usr.sbin/bgpd                           usr.sbin/ospfctl
usr.sbin/ospfd                          usr.sbin/pkg_add

== share ============================================================= 01/04 ==

  + man4/pcfadc.4

  > basic manpage for pcfadc sensor (Philips PCF8591 A/D) (djm@)

  ~ man4/Makefile                         ~ man4/iic.4

  > hook in pcfadc.4 (djm@)

== sys =============================================================== 02/04 ==

arch/alpha/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISKBIG

  > - remove lmc(4) from RAMDISKBIG
  > - remove redundant lmc(4) entry from GENERIC
  > - add san(4) to GENERIC as it should now work on alpha (brad@)

arch/amd64/conf

  ~ RAMDISK

  > add nfe (pvalchev@)

  ~ GENERIC

  > enable san(4). (brad@)

arch/i386/i386

  ~ esm.c

  > some of the voltage sensors on the 4400 (not all of them, just some) are
  > off by a factor of 10. this puts some glue in for the volt sensors so they
  > can be individually marked as being off by ten or not.
  > ok marco@ (dlg@)

  ~ esm.c

  > hook the amp sensors up properly. normalise their values and check the
  > thresholds. (dlg@)

  ~ esm.c

  > i got some labels in the system power supply bits mixed up (dlg@)

arch/macppc/dev

  ~ wdc_obio.c

  > Fix LBA48 access for ServerWorks SATA.
  > ok grange@ (kettenis@)

arch/macppc/macppc

  ~ cpu.c

  > Recognize 7447/7457.
  > ok drahn@ (kettenis@)

arch/powerpc/include

  ~ cpu.h

  > Add a few more CPU types. (kettenis@)

arch/sparc64/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ files.sparc64

  > driver for Philips PCF8591 I2C ADC sensor. Because of the mindlessness
  > of this chip, it is impossible to probe for and we need to be told where
  > it is and how to understand its output. We get this information from
  > openfirmware, but this restricts the use of the driver to sparc64 for now.
  > Only sensors that OFW identifies as temperature sensors are supported at
  > present.
  > prodded by dlg@ "get it in" deraadt@ (djm@)

arch/sparc64/dev

  + pcf8591_ofw.c

  > driver for Philips PCF8591 I2C ADC sensor. Because of the mindlessness
  > of this chip, it is impossible to probe for and we need to be told where
  > it is and how to understand its output. We get this information from
  > openfirmware, but this restricts the use of the driver to sparc64 for now.
  > Only sensors that OFW identifies as temperature sensors are supported at
  > present.
  > prodded by dlg@ "get it in" deraadt@ (djm@)

dev/ic

  ~ wdc.c                                 ~ wdcvar.h

  > Fix LBA48 access for ServerWorks SATA.
  > ok grange@ (kettenis@)

dev/pci

  ~ if_nfe.c

  > Only kick the TX engine once in nfe_start() and only if there are
  > packets to be transmitted, after iterating through the queue and
  > queuing up as many packets as possible as opposed to kicking
  > it each time through nfe_encap().
  > ok damien@ jsg@ (brad@)

  ~ if_ixgb.c

  > Remove clearing of the IFF_RUNNING flag from the watchdog handler as
  > ixgb_stop() will do this anyway. (brad@)

  ~ if_em.c

  > remove unnecessary link state check in the watchdog handler. (brad@)

  ~ if_em.c                               ~ if_ixgb.c

  > fix a typo in em_clean_transmit_interrupts() that will cause the
  > watchdog timer to fire if the TX descriptor ring is emptied for
  > EM_TX_TIMEOUT seconds.
  > The same bug exists in ixgb(4) too.
  > From FreeSBD (brad@)

  ~ pciide.c                              ~ pciide_pdc202xx_reg.h
  ~ pciide_sii3112_reg.h                  ~ pciide_svwsata_reg.h

  > Fix LBA48 access for ServerWorks SATA.
  > ok grange@ (kettenis@)

dev/usb

  ~ usbdevs

  > Fix typo in G.Mate vendor id.  Should make Raphael Langerhorst's Yopy work.
  > (jsg@)

  > regen (jsg@)

  ~ usbdevs

  > Entry for CMOTech CM5100P (a.k.a Maxon EVDO card); ok dlg@ (djm@)

  > regen (djm@)

  ~ usb_quirks.c

  > CMOTech/Maxon EVDO card needs ASSUME_CM_OVER_DATA quirk to attach; ok dlg@
  > (djm@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 03/04 ==

  ~ cvs.h                                 ~ init.c

  > fix CVS_PATH_NOTIFY duplicate. (xsa@)

  ~ cvs.1

  > document CVS/Entries.Backup, CVS/Notify.tmp and CVS/Template files.
  > OK jmc at .sa@)

  ~ cvs.1

  > forgot to document CVS/Baserev.tmp, so here it is. (xsa@)

ssh

  ~ includes.h                            ~ channels.c
  ~ clientloop.c                          ~ misc.c
  ~ progressmeter.c                       ~ sftp.c
  ~ ssh.c                                 ~ sshd.c
  ~ sshpty.c

  > move #include <sys/ioctl.h> out of includes.h; ok markus@ (stevesk@)

  ~ includes.h                            ~ monitor.c
  ~ readpass.c                            ~ scp.c
  ~ serverloop.c                          ~ session.c
  ~ sftp.c                                ~ sshconnect.c
  ~ sshconnect2.c                         ~ sshd.c

  > move #include <sys/wait.h> out of includes.h; ok markus@ (stevesk@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 04/04 ==

  ~ bgpd.h                                ~ parse.y
  ~ printconf.c                           ~ rde.c

  > Make it possible to turn suftreconfig in/out on or off. Default is on for
  > both directions. Manpage update follows. OK henning@ (claudio@)

ospfctl

  ~ ospfctl.c

  > imsg API changed so adapt to it. (claudio@)

ospfd

  ~ rde.c                                 ~ rde.h
  ~ rde_spf.c

  > If ABR only look in the backbone area 0.0.0.0 for summary LSA. OK norby@
  > (claudio@)

  ~ buffer.c                              ~ control.c
  ~ imsg.c                                ~ lsreq.c
  ~ lsupdate.c                            ~ ospfd.c
  ~ ospfd.h                               ~ ospfe.c
  ~ rde.c

  > ospfd does not need fd passing via the imsg framework so remove that code
  > and remove other unneeded functions that are only used in bgpd. (claudio@)

pkg_add

  ~ OpenBSD/ProgressMeter.pm

  > If the length of the message in OpenBSD::ProgressMeter::message() is
  > shorter
  > than the length of the playfield, fill up the difference with whitespace.
  > Prevents leftover characters from previous message()s.
  > ok espie@ (bernd@)

  ~ pkg_add

  > Use the ProgressMeter engine to display the update messages. This makes
  > 'pkg_add -u' less chatty. (turn on verbose output to restore the old
  > behaviour)
  > Advise the user to re-run 'pkg_add -u' in interactive mode if there are
  > ambiguities.
  > Discussed with steven@ and espie at .  > Testing and some ideas by steven@, thanks.
  > ok espie@ (bernd@)

  ~ pkg_add