[odc] Daily src changes for 2006-02-23

ODC auto at squish.net
Fri Feb 24 07:00:30 GMT 2006

share/man                               sys/arch/alpha/alpha
sys/arch/alpha/conf                     sys/arch/alpha/include
sys/dev/acpi                            sys/dev/pci
sys/kern                                sys/net
sys/sys                                 usr.bin/vmstat
usr.sbin/bgpd                           usr.sbin/ospfd
usr.sbin/pkg_add

== share ============================================================= 01/04 ==

  ~ man4/route.4

  > Update struct rt_msghdr. rtm_use is deprecated and is now know as
  > rtm_fmask.
  > rtm_fmask is used on RTM_CHANGE to unset certain flags. OK mcbride@
  > (claudio@)

  ~ man4/ami.4

  > +Intel RAID Controller SRCU42X
  > from alexey e. suslikov;
  > ok marco (jmc@)

  ~ man4/ami.4                            ~ man4/gdt.4

  > clarify which Intel RAID controllers are running which particular RAID
  > stack. (brad@)

== sys =============================================================== 02/04 ==

arch/alpha/alpha

  ~ interrupt.c

  > Only compile badaddr() if we have support for TurboChannel, apecs, cia or
  > lca,
  > as they are the only users of badaddr(); shrinks RAMDISKB a little more.
  > (miod@)

  ~ fp_complete.c

  > Better dependency rules in files.alpha, also point to cpuconf.c in the
  > source tree instead of copying it to the kernel compilation directory for
  > no good reason. (miod@)

arch/alpha/conf

  ~ files.alpha

  > Only compile badaddr() if we have support for TurboChannel, apecs, cia or
  > lca,
  > as they are the only users of badaddr(); shrinks RAMDISKB a little more.
  > (miod@)

  ~ RAMDISKB

  > de fits again. (miod@)

  ~ Makefile.alpha                        ~ files.alpha

  > Better dependency rules in files.alpha, also point to cpuconf.c in the
  > source tree instead of copying it to the kernel compilation directory for
  > no good reason. (miod@)

arch/alpha/include

  ~ proc.h

  > Remove duplicate switch_exit() definition with <machine/cpu.h> (miod@)

dev/acpi

  ~ acpi.c

  > remove dead function.
  > ok jordan@ (marco@)

  ~ amltypes.h                            ~ dsdt.c

  > Pre-parsing PCI address for opregion
  > ok marco@ (jordan@)

  > add another ICP Vortex PCI id. (brad@)

  > regen (brad@)

kern

  ~ subr_extent.c

  > Remove unused extent_find(). Then, we can keep the extent list only if
  > option DIAGNOSTIC || option DDB, saves some room on installation media.
  > (miod@)

net

  ~ route.h                               ~ rtsock.c

  > Until now it was only possible to unset the RTF_JUMBO flag on a RTM_CHANGE
  > request. Extend the "hack" to include more flags (RTF_PROTO[123] flags,
  > RTF_BLACKHOLE, RTF_REJECT and RTF_STATIC). Because rtm_use is "abused" --
  > rtm_use was replaced long time ago with rtm_rmx->rmx_pksent -- it is now
  > forced to 0 in RTM_GET requests and sysctl_dumpentry(). This is done to
  > prevent false changes because of a reused RTM_GET message.
  > OK henning@, mcbride@, makes sense markus@ (claudio@)

sys

  ~ extent.h

  > Remove unused extent_find(). Then, we can keep the extent list only if
  > option DIAGNOSTIC || option DDB, saves some room on installation media.
  > (miod@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 03/04 ==

vmstat

  ~ vmstat.c

  > remove unused variable (martin@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 04/04 ==

  ~ kroute.c

  > Use the new rtm_fmask feature to reset blackhole and reject routes on
  > RTM_CHANGE. Until now it was not possible to get rid of these flags.
  > Until now a fib decouple, fib couple combo was needed to get rid from
  > blackholed routes. OK henning@ (claudio@)

ospfd

  ~ lsupdate.c

  > Rework the LSA cache and make it behave. Until now we only used the type,
  > id and adv router as hash and that resulted and weird behaviour. Because
  > the
  > age was not used in the compare it was almost impossible to MAXAGE some
  > LSAs in busy networks. The result was a slowly growing retransmission queue
  > and an ospf engine spending way to much time traversing these sometimes
  > huge
  > queues. Now we just hash the full lsa_hdr and so age is included.
  > Additionally correctly age LSAs in the retransmission queues.
  > ok ok ok ok ok ok and a lot of help (plus a busy OSPF network) norby@
  > (claudio@)

  ~ rde_lsdb.c

  > Prevent ospfd from crashing when LSA Ext's are changed.
  > ok claudio@ (norby@)

pkg_add

  ~ pkg_info