[odc] Daily src changes for 2006-02-24

ODC auto at squish.net
Sat Feb 25 07:00:42 GMT 2006

lib/libarch                             share/man
sys/arch/alpha/alpha                    sys/dev/ic
sys/dev/isa                             sys/dev/pci
sys/net                                 usr.bin/rcs
usr.bin/ssh                             usr.sbin/ospfctl
usr.sbin/ospfd

== lib =============================================================== 01/05 ==

libarch

  ~ i386/i386_iopl.2

  > document that this call needs securelevel <= 0, or
  > machdep.allowapeture > 0; feedback naddy@ and jmc@, ok deraadt@ (djm@)

  ~ amd64/amd64_iopl.2

  > amd64_iopl() needs securelevel <= 0, or machdep.allowapeture > 0
  > just like i386_iopl() (djm@)

  ~ amd64/amd64_iopl.2                    ~ i386/i386_iopl.2

  > slightly reword [EPERM] section; ok djm (jmc@)

== share ============================================================= 02/05 ==

  ~ man4/rl.4

  > add TTTech MC322 (brad@)

  ~ man4/ami.4

  > mention some newer Dell PERC adapters and PCI Express adapters from
  > FSC, ACER and NEC.
  > Information from the Linux megaraid driver. (brad@)

  ~ man4/ami.4

  > typo (brad@)

  ~ man4/ami.4

  > sort the hardware list; (jmc@)

== sys =============================================================== 03/05 ==

arch/alpha/alpha

  ~ fp_complete.c

  > NO_IEEE ifndef is still needed for RAMDISKBIG at least (deraadt@)

dev/ic

  ~ ami.c                                 ~ amireg.h

  TAGGED OPENBSD_3_8
  > MFC:
  > Fix by krw@
  > Reduce the number of openings the logical devices have to play with so
  > that ioctl's and raw commands will not cause i/o failures. Assume a
  > max of two processors/enclosures per raw bus for the moment.
  > Fixes regular crashes on my 1 logical device, all-softdep system
  > during make build with a bioctl loop running.
  > ok deraadt@ dlg@ marco@ krw@ (brad@)

  ~ smc91cxx.c                            ~ smc91cxxvar.h

  TAGGED OPENBSD_3_8
  > remove NetBSD rnd(4) code. (brad@)

  ~ dp8390.c

  TAGGED OPENBSD_3_8
  > Make the "ring buffer overrun" message a DEBUG message instead
  > of a DIAGNOSTIC message for now, this should be looked at after
  > release. (brad@)

dev/isa

  ~ if_sm_isa.c

  > remove NetBSD headers (brad@)

  ~ viasioreg.h

  > Extend temperature lookup table for a wider range and provide a
  > conversion formula in the comment. (grange@)

dev/pci

  ~ gdt_pci.c

  > use some define's for the PCI ids and add another ICP Vortex PCI id.
  > PCI id from the Linux gdth driver.
  > ok krw@ (brad@)

  ~ if_rl_pci.c

  > add TTTech MC322
  > PCI id from the Linux 8139cp driver. (brad@)

  ~ if_bce.c                              ~ if_bcereg.h

  > clear the powerdown mode that Windows will put bce chips into
  > when soft rebooting a system, also set proper LED modes.
  > From FreeBSD's bfe driver.
  > Tested by Alexey E. Suslikov <suslikov at texnika dot com dot ua> (brad@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > add a PCI id for Dell PERC 4e/Di and 4e/Si adapters.
  > From the Linux megaraid driver. (brad@)

  > regen (brad@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > fix the order (brad@)

  > regen (brad@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > add IC Ensemble and the Envy24 Audio controller (brad@)

  > regen (brad@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > add the Envy24 I/O Ctrlr (brad@)

  > regen (brad@)

  ~ if_nfe.c

  > check for M_PKTHDR. (brad@)

  ~ if_em.c

  > update link status here. (brad@)

  ~ pciide.c

  > Make ServerWorks SATA less chatty.	Sprinkle some KNF while I'm there.
  > ok brad@, grange@ (kettenis@)

net

  ~ if_sppp.h                             ~ if_spppsubr.c

  > Another gem from the the-world-runs-on-i386 departement. Using u_long in
  > a packet format causes some troubles on 64bit archs. This fixes a sppp(4)
  > panic I got on alpha and makes cisco HDLC mode actually work. More cleanup
  > needs to be done post 3.9. OK brad@ looks good canacar@ (claudio@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 04/05 ==

rcs

  ~ rcsdiff.1

  > -T has no effect. It's only there for compatibility. (xsa@)

  ~ co.c

  > remove extra printf; (xsa@)

ssh

  ~ ssh_config.5

  > add section on patterns;
  > from dtucker + myself (jmc@)

  ~ sshd_config.5

  > signpost to PATTERNS; (jmc@)

  ~ ssh_config.5

  > tidy up the refs to PATTERNS; (jmc@)

  ~ sshd.8

  > signpost to PATTERNS section; (jmc@)

  ~ ssh-keysign.8                         ~ ssh_config.5
  ~ sshd_config.5

  > some consistency fixes; (jmc@)

  ~ ssh.1                                 ~ ssh_config.5
  ~ sshd_config.5                         ~ sshd.8

  > more consistency fixes; (jmc@)

  ~ ssh_config.5

  > some grammar/wording fixes; (jmc@)

  ~ sshd_config.5

  > some grammar/wording fixes; (jmc@)

  ~ sshd_config.5

  > oops - bits i missed; (jmc@)

ospfctl

  ~ ospfctl.c

  > Keep track of the uptime of the entries in the RIB.
  > It is now possible to see the uptime of the individual entries in the RIB.
  > The uptime can be displayed with "ospfctl show rib"
  > ok claudio@ (norby@)

ospfd

  ~ ospfd.h                               ~ rde.h
  ~ rde_spf.c