[odc] Daily src changes for 2006-01-08

ODC auto at squish.net
Mon Jan 9 07:02:11 GMT 2006

bin/date                                distrib/notes
distrib/sets                            gnu/usr.bin/texinfo
lib/libc                                share/man
sys/arch/alpha/include                  sys/arch/amd64/include
sys/arch/arm/include                    sys/arch/hppa/include
sys/arch/hppa64/include                 sys/arch/i386/include
sys/arch/m68k/include                   sys/arch/m88k/include
sys/arch/mac68k/conf                    sys/arch/mac68k/dev
sys/arch/mac68k/mac68k                  sys/arch/macppc/conf
sys/arch/macppc/dev                     sys/arch/mips64/include
sys/arch/powerpc/include                sys/arch/sparc/include
sys/arch/sparc64/include                sys/arch/vax/include
sys/dev/pci                             sys/dev/rasops
sys/scsi                                sys/sys
usr.bin/cvs                             usr.bin/vi

== bin =============================================================== 01/07 ==

date

  ~ date.1

  > make the description of the first example a little more informative; (jmc@)

== distrib =========================================================== 02/07 ==

  ~ alpha/hardware                        ~ amd64/hardware
  ~ cats/hardware                         ~ i386/hardware
  ~ macppc/hardware                       ~ sparc64/hardware
  ~ zaurus/hardware

  > LinkSys->Linksys (jolan@)

  ~ lists/base/md.cats                    ~ lists/base/md.hp300
  ~ lists/base/md.hppa                    ~ lists/base/md.hppa64
  ~ lists/base/md.i386                    ~ lists/base/md.luna88k
  ~ lists/base/md.mac68k                  ~ lists/base/md.macppc
  ~ lists/base/md.mvme68k                 ~ lists/base/md.mvme88k
  ~ lists/base/md.mvmeppc                 ~ lists/base/md.sgi
  ~ lists/base/md.sparc                   ~ lists/base/md.sparc64
  ~ lists/base/md.vax                     ~ lists/base/md.zaurus
  ~ lists/comp/md.alpha                   ~ lists/comp/md.amd64
  ~ lists/comp/md.cats                    ~ lists/comp/md.hp300
  ~ lists/comp/md.hppa                    ~ lists/comp/md.hppa64
  ~ lists/comp/md.i386                    ~ lists/comp/md.luna88k
  ~ lists/comp/md.mac68k                  ~ lists/comp/md.macppc
  ~ lists/comp/md.mvme68k                 ~ lists/comp/md.mvme88k
  ~ lists/comp/md.mvmeppc                 ~ lists/comp/md.sgi
  ~ lists/comp/md.sparc                   ~ lists/comp/md.sparc64
  ~ lists/comp/md.vax                     ~ lists/comp/md.zaurus
  ~ lists/man/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

  ~ lists/base/md.sparc64                 ~ lists/comp/md.sparc64

  > sync (deraadt@)

== gnu =============================================================== 03/07 ==

usr.bin/texinfo

  ~ makeinfo/cmds.c

  > Allow @value in @include.  Backported from texinfo 3.8.
  > ok deraadt@, krw@ (kettenis@)

== lib =============================================================== 04/07 ==

  ~ stdio/vfscanf.c

  > Fix the handling of negative hexadecimal numbers in integer formats.
  > From NetBSD. (millert@)

== share ============================================================= 05/07 ==

  ~ man4/aue.4                            ~ man4/axe.4
  ~ man4/dc.4                             ~ man4/de.4
  ~ man4/kue.4                            ~ man4/nge.4
  ~ man4/wi.4tbl

  > LinkSys -> Linksys;
  > from jolan (jmc@)

== sys =============================================================== 06/07 ==

arch/alpha/include

  ~ signal.h

  > Expose struct sigcontext, struct sigstat and struct sigaltstack for XPG4.2
  > (millert@)

arch/amd64/include

  ~ signal.h

  > Expose struct sigcontext, struct sigstat and struct sigaltstack for XPG4.2
  > (millert@)

arch/arm/include

  ~ signal.h

  > Expose struct sigcontext, struct sigstat and struct sigaltstack for XPG4.2
  > (millert@)

arch/hppa/include

  ~ signal.h

  > Expose struct sigcontext, struct sigstat and struct sigaltstack for XPG4.2
  > (millert@)

arch/hppa64/include

  ~ signal.h

  > Expose struct sigcontext, struct sigstat and struct sigaltstack for XPG4.2
  > (millert@)

arch/i386/include

  ~ signal.h

  > Expose struct sigcontext, struct sigstat and struct sigaltstack for XPG4.2
  > (millert@)

arch/m68k/include

  ~ signal.h

  > Expose struct sigcontext, struct sigstat and struct sigaltstack for XPG4.2
  > (millert@)

arch/m88k/include

  ~ signal.h

  > Expose struct sigcontext, struct sigstat and struct sigaltstack for XPG4.2
  > (millert@)

arch/mac68k/conf

  ~ files.mac68k

  > Switch macfb from an rcons backend to a rasops backend; supposedly restores
  > all pixel depth operation, but there are still font display problems at
  > 4bpp and 16bpp at the moment; also make sure the display is white on black,
  > whichever colour depth we are in. (miod@)

  ~ GENERIC

  > Display unhandled adb devices as "whatever at adb0 addr X" like all buses
  > do;
  > while there, make the detailed descriptions dependent on ADBVERBOSE
  > (enabled
  > in GENERIC) instead of DIAGNOSTIC. (miod@)

  ~ files.mac68k

  > Drop native MacOS support from the adb direct code, and skip callback
  > wrappers used to convert between MacOS pascal calling convention and the
  > C calling convention, unless option MRG_ADB. No functional change. (miod@)

arch/mac68k/dev

  ~ akbd.c

  > Oops, don't forget to initialize the raw repeat timeout; lost while
  > cleaning. (miod@)

  ~ macfb.c                               ~ macfbvar.h

  > Switch macfb from an rcons backend to a rasops backend; supposedly restores
  > all pixel depth operation, but there are still font display problems at
  > 4bpp and 16bpp at the moment; also make sure the display is white on black,
  > whichever colour depth we are in. (miod@)

  ~ macfb.c

  > Use Nubus-related constants from <machine/cpu.h> instead of hardcoded
  > values. (miod@)

  ~ macfb.c

  > Advertize color on non-indexed modes, and swap blue and red at 16bpp (might
  > be
  > necessary at 24 and 32bpp as well). (miod@)

  ~ adb.c                                 ~ akbd.c
  ~ ams.c

  > Display unhandled adb devices as "whatever at adb0 addr X" like all buses
  > do;
  > while there, make the detailed descriptions dependent on ADBVERBOSE
  > (enabled
  > in GENERIC) instead of DIAGNOSTIC. (miod@)

  ~ adb.c                                 ~ adb_direct.c
  ~ adbsysasm.s                           ~ adbvar.h
  ~ akbd.c                                ~ ams.c

  > Drop native MacOS support from the adb direct code, and skip callback
  > wrappers used to convert between MacOS pascal calling convention and the
  > C calling convention, unless option MRG_ADB. No functional change. (miod@)

  ~ grf_iv.c                              ~ grf_mv.c
  ~ grf_subr.c                            ~ grfvar.h
  ~ macfb.c

  > Remove unused grf_softc members; do not keep temporary data in grf_softc
  > either, instead keep it on the stack or directly in attachment structures.
  > No functional change. (miod@)

arch/mac68k/mac68k

  ~ wscons_machdep.c

  > Switch macfb from an rcons backend to a rasops backend; supposedly restores
  > all pixel depth operation, but there are still font display problems at
  > 4bpp and 16bpp at the moment; also make sure the display is white on black,
  > whichever colour depth we are in. (miod@)

arch/macppc/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > Display unhandled adb devices as "whatever at adb0 addr X" like all buses
  > do;
  > while there, make the detailed descriptions dependent on ADBVERBOSE
  > (enabled
  > in GENERIC) instead of DIAGNOSTIC. (miod@)

arch/macppc/dev

  ~ abtn.c                                ~ adb.c
  ~ akbd.c                                ~ ams.c

  > Display unhandled adb devices as "whatever at adb0 addr X" like all buses
  > do;
  > while there, make the detailed descriptions dependent on ADBVERBOSE
  > (enabled
  > in GENERIC) instead of DIAGNOSTIC. (miod@)

  ~ i2s.c

  > Don't provide bass and treble mixer controls if the underlying hardware
  > doesn't
  > provide these.  Put them in the outputs class.
  > ok joris@ (kettenis@)

arch/mips64/include

  ~ signal.h

  > Expose struct sigcontext, struct sigstat and struct sigaltstack for XPG4.2
  > (millert@)

arch/powerpc/include

  ~ signal.h

  > Expose struct sigcontext, struct sigstat and struct sigaltstack for XPG4.2
  > (millert@)

arch/sparc/include

  ~ signal.h

  > Expose struct sigcontext, struct sigstat and struct sigaltstack for XPG4.2
  > (millert@)

arch/sparc64/include

  ~ signal.h

  > Expose struct sigcontext, struct sigstat and struct sigaltstack for XPG4.2
  > (millert@)

arch/vax/include

  ~ signal.h

  > Expose struct sigcontext, struct sigstat and struct sigaltstack for XPG4.2
  > (millert@)

  > regen (damien@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > more Ralink Technology PCI ids. (damien@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > add another ATI RS480 PCI Express bridge (brad@)

  > regen (brad@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > add a third ATI RS480 PCI Express bridge. (brad@)

  > regen (brad@)

dev/rasops

  ~ rasops.c

  > Correctly initialize ri_devcmap at 4bpp. (miod@)

  ~ rasops15.c

  > Fix stamp creation for big-endian systems. Makes mac68k happy at 16bpp.
  > (miod@)

  ~ rasops4.c

  > Big-endian fix here too. (miod@)

scsi

  ~ safte.h

  > i cant spell my own name.
  > noticed by miod@ (dlg@)

sys

  ~ signal.h

  > Expose struct sigcontext, struct sigstat and struct sigaltstack for XPG4.2
  > (millert@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 07/07 ==

  ~ init.c

  > make cvs_init_create_files() return type void; ok joris at .sa@)

vi

  ~ ex/ex_txt.c                           ~ vi/v_txt.c

  > Appease gcc 3 and the C gods by fixing a couple of undefined statements;
  > from Ray Lai. (miod@)

  ~ catalog/dump.c                        ~ cl/cl.h
  ~ cl/cl_main.c                          ~ cl/cl_screen.c
  ~ cl/cl_term.c                          ~ common/cut.c
  ~ common/cut.h                          ~ common/exf.c
  ~ common/gs.h                           ~ common/key.c
  ~ common/key.h                          ~ common/line.c
  ~ common/main.c                         ~ common/mark.c
  ~ common/mem.h                          ~ common/msg.c
  ~ common/options.c                      ~ common/options.h
  ~ common/put.c                          ~ common/search.c
  ~ common/util.h                         ~ ex/ex.c
  ~ ex/ex.h                               ~ ex/ex_bang.c
  ~ ex/ex_cd.c                            ~ ex/ex_cscope.c
  ~ ex/ex_filter.c                        ~ ex/ex_global.c
  ~ ex/ex_script.c                        ~ ex/ex_shell.c
  ~ ex/ex_subst.c                         ~ ex/ex_tag.c
  ~ ex/ex_usage.c                         ~ include/bitstring.h
  ~ vi/getc.c                             ~ vi/v_at.c
  ~ vi/v_increment.c                      ~ vi/v_mark.c
  ~ vi/v_match.c                          ~ vi/v_paragraph.c
  ~ vi/v_replace.c                        ~ vi/v_scroll.c
  ~ vi/v_search.c                         ~ vi/v_section.c
  ~ vi/v_sentence.c                       ~ vi/v_txt.c
  ~ vi/v_word.c                           ~ vi/vi.c
  ~ vi/vi.h                               ~ vi/vs_line.c
  ~ vi/vs_msg.c                           ~ vi/vs_refresh.c
  ~ vi/vs_relative.c                      ~ vi/vs_smap.c

  > Explicit braces around macro fields and logical operations, gets rid of 148
  > warnings, no functional change.
  > From Ray Lai. (miod@)

  ~ common/key.c

  > Make sure we can exit from a loop in v_key_init() regardless of the locale
  > we're in; from Ray Lai. (miod@)

  ~ common/cut.c

  > Fix one more uninitialized variable scenario; from Ray Lai. (miod@)

  ~ common/util.h                         ~ ex/ex.c