[odc] Daily src changes for 2006-01-12

ODC auto at squish.net
Fri Jan 13 07:00:30 GMT 2006

distrib/sets                            etc/rc
share/man                               sys/arch/i386/conf
sys/arch/i386/i386                      sys/arch/i386/include
sys/arch/i386/pci                       sys/arch/sparc/dev
sys/dev/i2c                             sys/dev/ic
sys/dev/isa                             sys/dev/pci
sys/scsi                                usr.bin/make
usr.bin/ssh                             usr.sbin/bgpd
usr.sbin/ospfd                          usr.sbin/pkg_add

== distrib =========================================================== 01/06 ==

  ~ lists/comp/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

== etc =============================================================== 02/06 ==

rc

  ~ rc

  > configure mixers late; obsd at enop.org70 (deraadt@)

== share ============================================================= 03/06 ==

  ~ man9/Makefile                         + man9/delay.9

  > a manpage describing delay, for those of us who forget what its argument
  > means.
  > comments from various people, tweaks from jmc@
  > ok marco@ (dlg@)

  ~ man3/queue.3

  > add an example of a singly-linked list;
  > from ray lai;
  > tweaked by otto and myself; ok otto (jmc@)

  ~ man4/man4.macppc/awacs.4

  > add in HISTORY section when driver was imported in OpenBSD;
  > ok jmc@ drahn at .sa@)

  ~ man3/queue.3

  > remove headp stuff, which is unused;
  > diff from ray lai; ok otto (jmc@)

  ~ RAMDISK_CD

  > oops (deraadt@)

arch/i386/i386

  ~ locore.s

  > after range-checking save nkpde back; toby@ ok and discussion w/ hshoexer@
  > (mickey@)

  ~ cpu.c                                 ~ freebsd_machdep.c
  ~ genassym.cf                           ~ linux_machdep.c
  ~ machdep.c                             ~ pmap.c
  ~ svr4_machdep.c

  > Move to using gdt only (no more ldt in general case) but with a variable
  > limit selector, so that the w^x line can float much more dynamically.
  > Much work done by tom.  Tested by various people.  Addresses concerns of
  > (Julien Tinnes) <julien ATHOST cr0.org> (weingart@)

arch/i386/include

  ~ cpu.h                                 ~ pmap.h
  ~ segments.h

  > Move to using gdt only (no more ldt in general case) but with a variable
  > limit selector, so that the w^x line can float much more dynamically.
  > Much work done by tom.  Tested by various people.  Addresses concerns of
  > (Julien Tinnes) <julien ATHOST cr0.org> (weingart@)

arch/i386/pci

  ~ pci_intr_fixup.c

  > Fix up interrupt routing on SiS 963.
  > From Ian McWilliam ian at dodo.com.au.
  > ok mickey@ (jsg@)

arch/sparc/dev

  ~ hme.c

  > - add a missing htons() to the receive checksum routine to fix
  > checksumming on little endian systems.
  > - only set the Ok flag in the checksum routine.
  > Checksumming fix from: Pyun YongHyeon <pyunyh at gmail dot com> (brad@)

dev/i2c

  ~ i2c_scan.c

  > attempt to probe for the ds1624; ok grange (deraadt@)

dev/ic

  ~ hme.c

  > - add a missing htons() to the receive checksum routine to fix
  > checksumming on little endian systems.
  > - only set the Ok flag in the checksum routine.
  > Checksumming fix from: Pyun YongHyeon <pyunyh at gmail dot com> (brad@)

  ~ nslm7x.c

  > Fix typo.  Spotted by Oleg Safiullin. (kettenis@)

  ~ nslm7x.c                              ~ nslm7xvar.h

  > Add W83792D support.
  > ok deraadt@ (kettenis@)

  ~ nslm7x.c                              ~ nslm7xvar.h

  > Garbage collect lm_probe. (kettenis@)

dev/isa

  ~ lm_isa.c

  > Instead of resetting the device and check whether power-up defaults match
  > the expected values, detect Winbond chips by checking for the Winbond
  > vendor
  > ID, and detect LM78/79/81 by checking for a plausible i2c address.
  > ok deraadt@ (kettenis@)

dev/pci

  ~ piixpm.c

  > if we cannot map the interrupt, try to do iic in polling mode anyways.
  > this lets iic work on at least a few other machines, we hope without
  > any downside.  at least we know from the previous check that it is not
  > wired to SMI, right?; ok grange (deraadt@)

  > regen (jsg@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > Some more VIA and NVIDIA products mostly from submitted dmesgs,
  > fix descriptions of some VIA ppb products while here. (jsg@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > 3 more radeon; 4969 (deraadt@)

  ~ viapm.c

  > Don't start new command if bus is busy and kill command on timeout.
  > (kettenis@)

scsi

  ~ cd.c

  > Don't populate the fabricated disklabel's partition info from track
  > information in the TOC. The partition info is just overwritten or
  > rendered incomplete by readdisklabel().
  > Just examine the TOC to determine if the cd is audio only, i.e. it has
  > a valid TOC but no data tracks. In this case don't call
  > readdisklabel(). Much simpler code. No functional change for single
  > data track CD's like the install media.
  > ok pedro at .rw@)

make

  ~ make.1

  > change incorrect FILES entries for makefiles;
  > problem found by marc balmer; (jmc@)

ssh

  ~ ssh.1

  > split sections on tcp and x11 forwarding into two sections.
  > add an example in the tcp section, based on sth i wrote for ssh faq;
  > help + ok: djm markus dtucker (jmc@)

  ~ ssh.1

  > refer to `TCP' rather than `TCP/IP' in the context of connection
  > forwarding;
  > ok markus (jmc@)

  ~ sshd.8

  > refer to TCP forwarding, rather than TCP/IP forwarding; (jmc@)

  ~ ssh_config.5

  > refer to TCP forwarding, rather than TCP/IP forwarding; (jmc@)

  ~ ssh.1

  > back out a sentence - AUTHENTICATION already documents this; (jmc@)

  ~ rde.c                                 ~ rde.h
  ~ rde_filter.c                          ~ rde_rib.c
  ~ rde_update.c

  > Copy AS path in rde_filter() on demand instead of doing it before calling
  > rde_filter(). Adapt path_update() to this change too. path_update() does
  > a path_copy before linking the rde_aspath into the RIB. Looks good Henning.
  > (claudio@)

ospfd

  ~ kroute.c

  > Change inet_addr("127.0.0.1") into htonl(INADDR_LOOPBACK) and similar.
  > OK norby@ (claudio@)

  ~ kroute.c                              ~ ospfd.c
  ~ ospfd.h                               ~ rde.c
  ~ rde.h

  > Rewrite the redistribute code. The previous implementation was stupid and
  > resulted in a major bottleneck if bgpd was used on the same box -- not
  > clever
  > to do linear searches over 175k entries :(. This now moves the redistribute
  > code back into kroute duty and kills the linear list. Also default routes
  > are
  > now redistributed without the need for a kernel default route.
  > OK norby@ (claudio@)

pkg_add

  ~ pkg_create.1