[odc] Daily src changes for 2007-04-03

ODC auto at squish.net
Wed Apr 4 08:00:38 BST 2007

libexec/ld.so                           sbin/newfs
share/man                               sys/arch/i386/i386
sys/arch/i386/include                   sys/arch/macppc/macppc
sys/arch/sparc64/dev                    sys/dev/ic
sys/dev/pci                             sys/dev/usb
sys/kern                                sys/scsi
sys/sys                                 usr.bin/compress
usr.bin/mail                            usr.sbin/acpidump

== libexec =========================================================== 01/06 ==

ld.so

  ~ dlfcn.c                               ~ ld.so.1
  ~ loader.c                              ~ resolve.h

  > add support for LD_TRACE_LOADED_OBJECTS_{FMT1/FMT2/PROGNAME}.
  > Functionality
  > matches and expands on the old a.out ld.so formatting.  ok drahn (jason@)

  ~ ld.so.1

  > s/library/object for the format string stuff (jason@)

== sbin ============================================================== 02/06 ==

newfs

  ~ newfs.c                               ~ mkfs.c

  > Minor cleanup: remove rcsids, remove #ifdef'd out code, COMPAT is
  > the default, quiet gcc.  OK deraadt@ (millert@)

  ~ mkfs.c                                ~ newfs.8
  ~ newfs.c

  > Remove obsolete options for superblock fields that are no longer used.
  > OK deraadt @, OK in principle tedu@ (millert@)

  ~ newfs.8

  > Remove part of the -x description that I missed. (millert@)

  ~ newfs.c

  > Use strtonum(), not atoi().  OK deraadt, with help from otto@ (millert@)

== share ============================================================= 03/06 ==

  ~ man9/file.9                           ~ man9/hardclock.9
  ~ man9/mbuf.9                           ~ man9/microtime.9
  ~ man9/printf.9

  > put "CODE REFERENCES" before "SEE ALSO" for consistency
  > ok jmc@ (jasper@)

  ~ man4/sd.4

  > i have a bad habit of not documenting extra interfaces i add...
  > i added an ioctl to get product information from disks. the sd driver
  > supports it, so say so. (dlg@)

  ~ man5/bsd.port.mk.5

  > Document CHECK_LIB_DEPENDS.
  > Based on an idea by bernd and nikolai. (espie@)

  ~ man4/man4.macppc/snapper.4

  > add more supported models. (xsa@)

  ~ genassym.cf                           ~ locore.s
  ~ machdep.c

  > Make the ast on i386 per-process instead of per-cpu. This makes
  > signal delivery more reliable in some cases when a process switches
  > cpu.
  > kettenis@ ok (art@)

arch/i386/include

  ~ cpu.h                                 ~ intr.h
  ~ proc.h

  > Make the ast on i386 per-process instead of per-cpu. This makes
  > signal delivery more reliable in some cases when a process switches
  > cpu.
  > kettenis@ ok (art@)

arch/macppc/macppc

  ~ mainbus.c

  > A fix for smp old world macs such as the 9500MP and 9600MP which lack the
  > /cpus openfirmware node of the new world macs, and only have one cpu node.
  > We look at a register of the memory controller called hammerhead for the
  > arbitration bit being set indicating a two way machine. Quad processor
  > old worlds made by e.g. Daystar Digital would require a different
  > heurisitic.
  > This heuristic comes from linux/netbsd.
  > ok kettenis@ and drahn@ (gwk@)

arch/sparc64/dev

  ~ pyro.c                                ~ pyrovar.h

  > Add iommu glue. (kettenis@)

  ~ com_ebus.c

  > Match su16552. (kettenis@)

dev/ic

  ~ mpi.c

  > modernise scsi_inquiry. the length field has grown and now theres pages to
  > query.
  > ok krw@ (dlg@)

  ~ acx.c

  > Really drop data packets if the station is not associated. It does not
  > make sense to keep these packets around and send them out somewhen later
  > when they are no longer valid.  OK mglocker@ (claudio@)

dev/pci

  ~ if_bge.c

  > On sparc64, prefer the local-mac-address provided by the PROM.  Makes sure
  > the
  > MAC address on the builtin ports of the Sun Fire V215 match what is used by
  > the PROM.
  > ok deraadt@ (kettenis@)

dev/usb

  ~ if_axereg.h

  > Data direction was not properly encoded in (unused)
  > AX88178 write nodeid command.
  > From Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky at c2i.netjsg@)

kern

  ~ init_main.c                           ~ kern_exit.c
  ~ kern_fork.c                           ~ kern_proc.c
  ~ kern_prot.c                           ~ kern_sig.c
  ~ kern_synch.c

  > Start moving state that is shared among threads in a process into
  > a new struct. Instead of doing a huge rename and deal with the fallout
  > for weeks, like other projects that need no mention, we will slowly and
  > carefully move things out of struct proc into a new struct process.
  > - Create struct process and the infrastructure to create and remove them.
  > - Move threads in a process into struct process.
  > deraadt@, tedu@ ok (art@)

scsi

  ~ safte.c                               ~ scsi_all.h
  ~ scsi_base.c

  > modernise scsi_inquiry. the length field has grown and now theres pages to
  > query.
  > ok krw@ (dlg@)

  ~ scsiconf.h                            ~ scsi_base.c

  > add a wrapper for querying vpd inquiry pages (dlg@)

  ~ scsi_all.h

  > define the vpd inquiry page code. (dlg@)

  ~ sd.c

  > implement the DK INFO ioctl so userland can query the disks product,
  > vendor, etc details. (dlg@)

sys

  ~ dkio.h

  > provide an ioctl interface for userland to ask disk drivers about various
  > product details. (dlg@)

  ~ proc.h

  > Start moving state that is shared among threads in a process into
  > a new struct. Instead of doing a huge rename and deal with the fallout
  > for weeks, like other projects that need no mention, we will slowly and
  > carefully move things out of struct proc into a new struct process.
  > - Create struct process and the infrastructure to create and remove them.
  > - Move threads in a process into struct process.
  > deraadt@, tedu@ ok (art@)

compress

  ~ main.c

  > Fix PR 5417; gunzip should set the timestamp based on the
  > compressed file by default.  OK otto@ (millert@)

mail

  ~ cmd1.c

  > make it work with height 4 (division by zero)
  > ok millert@ (martynas@)

acpidump

  ~ acpi_user.c