[odc] Daily src changes for 2007-04-05

ODC auto at squish.net
Fri Apr 6 08:00:43 BST 2007

distrib/notes                           distrib/sets
gnu/usr.bin/gcc                         libexec/ftpd
share/man                               sys/arch/mips64/include
sys/arch/sh/include                     sys/arch/sparc64/dev
sys/arch/sparc64/sparc64                sys/arch/vax/include
sys/arch/vax/vax                        sys/compat/freebsd
sys/conf                                sys/dev/ata
sys/dev/cardbus                         sys/dev/ic
sys/dev/microcode                       sys/dev/pci
sys/dev/usb                             sys/kern
usr.sbin/afs                            usr.sbin/httpd
usr.sbin/ospfd                          usr.sbin/user

== distrib =========================================================== 01/06 ==

  ~ macppc/hardware

  > Add acx to the supported HW list and remove the [*] from the malo entries,
  > they have no meaning in this file. (claudio@)

  ~ i386/hardware

  > Cleanup some flags. uath, pgt and malo are included in GENERIC. (claudio@)

  ~ lists/base/md.armish                  ~ lists/base/md.aviion
  ~ lists/base/md.cats                    ~ lists/base/md.hp300
  ~ lists/base/md.hppa                    ~ lists/base/md.hppa64
  ~ lists/base/md.i386                    ~ lists/base/md.landisk
  ~ lists/base/md.luna88k                 ~ lists/base/md.mac68k
  ~ lists/base/md.macppc                  ~ lists/base/md.mvme68k
  ~ lists/base/md.mvme88k                 ~ lists/base/md.mvmeppc
  ~ lists/base/md.sgi                     ~ lists/base/md.sparc
  ~ lists/base/md.sparc64                 ~ lists/base/md.vax
  ~ lists/base/md.zaurus                  ~ lists/comp/mi
  ~ lists/man/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

== gnu =============================================================== 02/06 ==

usr.bin/gcc

  ~ gcc/config/pa/openbsd.h

  > Make sure all public declarations are declared .globl; remove code to
  > declare functions .export, which is now redundant.	This makes symbol
  > aliases created with attribute("alias") visible.
  > ok deraadt@ (kettenis@)

== libexec =========================================================== 03/06 ==

ftpd

  ~ monitor.c

  > Remove lint comment, which does not apply anymore. (moritz@)

== share ============================================================= 04/06 ==

  - man4/bcw.4

  > After been attacked by Michael Buesch <mb at bu3sch.deecause we initially
  > were using some of their routines in the bcw driver, I decided to stop
  > working on it.  To avoid any further license chit chat I plain drop the
  > driver. (mglocker@)

  ~ man4/Makefile

  > Remove bcw(4) man page. (mglocker@)

  ~ man4/cardbus.4                        ~ man4/pci.4

  > no more bcw (deraadt@)

  ~ man4/man4.sparc64/ebus.4

  > Mention ebus at mainbustachment. (miod@)

== sys =============================================================== 05/06 ==

arch/mips64/include

  ~ param.h

  > delete userland DELAY() version; ok miod (deraadt@)

arch/sh/include

  ~ atomic.h

  > Disable interrupts around bit operations for propert atomicity against
  > them. (miod@)

arch/sparc64/dev

  ~ ebus_mainbus.c

  > Fix interrupts. (kettenis@)

arch/sparc64/sparc64

  ~ pmap.c

  > Fix a comment. 64KB is enough for the cpu_info structure. 64MB would be a
  > bit lavish. OK jason@ (claudio@)

arch/vax/include

  ~ intr.h

  > splx() does not need to return a value. (miod@)

  ~ cpu.h

  > Reuse symbolic values for splsoftXXX() inlines, instead of hardcoding them.
  > No functional change. (miod@)

  ~ atomic.h

  > Wrap bit operations between splhigh()/splx() for atomicity wrt interrupts.
  > Not enough for multiprocessor, but we're not there yet anyway. (miod@)

arch/vax/vax

  ~ db_machdep.c

  > splx() does not need to return a value. (miod@)

compat/freebsd

  ~ freebsd_syscall.h                     ~ freebsd_syscallargs.h
  ~ freebsd_syscalls.c                    ~ freebsd_sysent.c

  > regen (tedu@)

  ~ syscalls.master                       ~ freebsd_misc.c

  > freebsd added some MAP_NOCORE flag.  we don't like it, so mask it out.
  > started by claudio. ok deraadt millert (tedu@)

conf

  ~ files

  > After been attacked by Michael Buesch <mb at bu3sch.deecause we initially
  > were using some of their routines in the bcw driver, I decided to stop
  > working on it.  To avoid any further license chit chat I plain drop the
  > driver. (mglocker@)

dev/ata

  ~ atascsi.h

  > device signatures appear to be common to sata controllers too. (dlg@)

dev/cardbus

  - if_bcw_cardbus.c                      ~ files.cardbus

  > After been attacked by Michael Buesch <mb at bu3sch.deecause we initially
  > were using some of their routines in the bcw driver, I decided to stop
  > working on it.  To avoid any further license chit chat I plain drop the
  > driver. (mglocker@)

dev/ic

  ~ silireg.h

  > start defining the scatter/gather bits and the port request blocks (PRBs).
  > (dlg@)

  ~ sili.c                                ~ silireg.h

  > finish resetting the device by sending a soft reset via the post_direct
  > mechanism, and then read the device signature. (dlg@)

  ~ silireg.h

  > control bits in the prb. shuffle things around a bit... (dlg@)

  ~ sili.c

  > DPRINTF will be useful soon, so stick it in (dlg@)

  ~ sili.c

  > rearrange the busywait funcs slightly (dlg@)

  ~ sili.c

  > sili_post_direct lets you submit a prb without all the goop of a ccb and
  > xfer. (dlg@)

  ~ sili.c

  > this is a relatively big commit that implements a basic io path.
  > it does this:
  > - limits the ncmds advertised to atascsi to 1 (cos that lets us write dumb
  > but working code)
  > - the port probe translates device signatures to device types now
  > - defines a basic ccb structure
  > - the port probe allocates a ccb if it decides that the port is going to
  > be used
  > - takes an io from atascsi, fills in the prb, does a direct command
  > submission and then polls for completion (all without generating
  > interrupts, its kinda cool)
  > - limits the sgl to only two elements, which sucks, but it lets us get the
  > inquiry and disk attach done. note, the sgl structures are like a smaller
  > version of mpis sgl chains, but with a better layout. sgl chains suck
  > btw.
  > - frees the ccb when the port is freed. (dlg@)

  - bcw.c                                 - bcwreg.h
  - bcwvar.h

  > After been attacked by Michael Buesch <mb at bu3sch.deecause we initially
  > were using some of their routines in the bcw driver, I decided to stop
  > working on it.  To avoid any further license chit chat I plain drop the
  > driver. (mglocker@)

dev/microcode

  - bcw/Makefile                          - bcw/build/Makefile
  - bcw/build/build.c                     - bcw/extract/Makefile
  - bcw/extract/extract.c

  > We also don't need the microcode builder anymore. (mglocker@)

  ~ aic7xxx/Makefile                      ~ atmel/Makefile
  ~ bnx/Makefile                          ~ cirruslogic/Makefile
  ~ fxp/Makefile                          ~ kue/Makefile
  ~ neomagic/Makefile                     ~ ral/Makefile
  ~ rum/Makefile                          ~ siop/Makefile
  ~ symbol/Makefile                       ~ tigon/Makefile
  ~ typhoon/Makefile                      ~ uyap/Makefile
  ~ yds/Makefile                          ~ zydas/Makefile

  > Allow usb microcode to be built in a cross environment.  System endian has
  > been
  > factored out of the result binaries already. Still need to address non usb.
  > ok deraadt. (drahn@)

dev/pci

  ~ sili_pci.c

  > start defining the scatter/gather bits and the port request blocks (PRBs).
  > (dlg@)

  - if_bcw_pci.c                          ~ files.pci

  > After been attacked by Michael Buesch <mb at bu3sch.deecause we initially
  > were using some of their routines in the bcw driver, I decided to stop
  > working on it.  To avoid any further license chit chat I plain drop the
  > driver. (mglocker@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > Add some more Intel LPC parts. (jsg@)

  > regen (jsg@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > More sili additions. (jsg@)

  > regen (jsg@)

dev/usb

  ~ if_cdce.c                             ~ usbdevs

  > laurence tratt says his cable mostly works with this
  > ok millert (tedu@)

  > regen (tedu@)

kern

  ~ kern_exit.c

  > jason crawford noticed that the rthreads diff didn't compile with rthreads!
  > (tedu@)

afs

  ~ src/lib/ko/kocell.c

  > remove extra test, but do it correctly this time (tedu@)

httpd

  ~ src/modules/standard/mod_cern_meta.c

  > another extra test i missed before, from charles longeau (tedu@)

ospfd

  ~ rde.c                                 ~ rde.h

  > remove an unused function.
  > ok claudio@ (pyr@)

user

  ~ user.c