[odc] Daily src changes for 2007-04-19

ODC auto at squish.net
Fri Apr 20 08:00:34 BST 2007

sbin/dumpfs                             share/man
sys/arch/alpha/conf                     sys/arch/i386/i386
sys/dev                                 sys/dev/ic
sys/dev/microcode                       sys/dev/pci
sys/kern                                sys/net
sys/nfs                                 sys/uvm
usr.bin/less                            usr.sbin/bgpd
usr.sbin/ospfd                          usr.sbin/ripd

== sbin ============================================================== 01/05 ==

dumpfs

  ~ dumpfs.c

  > teach dumpfs about the 'updated' flag; ok pedro@ (otto@)

== share ============================================================= 02/05 ==

  ~ man4/tht.4

  > document that tht likes firmware. (dlg@)

== sys =============================================================== 03/05 ==

arch/alpha/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > sili(4) works fine here. (dlg@)

arch/i386/i386

  ~ pmapae.c

  > Do the late freeing of ptps in pae pmap as well.
  > From mickey. (art@)

  ~ pmap.c

  > When doing pmap_collect, skip wired mappings when removing.
  > From NetBSD, miod@ ok (art@)

dev

  ~ softraid.c

  > Silly tedu, partitions are measured in blocks not in bytes. (marco@)

  ~ softraid.c                            ~ softraidvar.h

  > Add initial metadata write function and hook it up. (marco@)

  ~ softraid.c

  > Save volume and chunk metadata as well. (marco@)

dev/ic

  ~ lm78.c

  > make it compile again if LMDEBUG is defined;
  > ok kettenis@ (robert@)

  ~ gem.c                                 ~ gemvar.h

  > Cleanup phy selection code, simplifying the code considerably.  Attach only
  > one phy on Sun ERI; gets rid of the duplicate phy on the blade1k.
  > tested by many, ok drahn@ (kettenis@)

dev/microcode

  + tht/microcode.h

  > tehuti are allowing us to distribute their firmware under a 4 clause bsd
  > license. thanks to Alexander Indenbaum and Nick Bhavsar at Tehuti for
  > sorting this out. (dlg@)

  ~ tht/microcode.h                       + tht/Makefile
  + tht/build.c                           + tht/tht-license

  > add bits to turn microcode.h into an actual blob. needs endian fixes yet.
  > (dlg@)

  ~ tht/build.c

  > the tht firmware isnt technically a firmware, its a series of commands
  > interleaved with data, which is copied directly into the task fifo of a
  > tht controller. the commands and data are all 32bit words, and they all
  > have to be little endian. this byteswaps the host ordered values in
  > microcode.h into little endian values for the controller to eat.
  > you can now build the firmware correctly on big endian archs. (dlg@)

  ~ tht/microcode.h

  > format and knf the array so it looks more like c and less like a csv.
  > (dlg@)

  ~ Makefile

  > descend into tht (dlg@)

dev/pci

  ~ if_tht.c

  > this is two (and a half) changes, but im too lazy to split them up.
  > the first is the addition of handlers for the fifos. you can now check if
  > there the fifo is ready to be used, pre sync it for use, do many
  > incremental updates to it, then post sync it to tell the hardware that
  > you've done something. the ready, pre, and post funcs are done for both
  > the reader and writer fifos, but only updates to the writer fifos is
  > implemented so far.
  > the second change is the firmware loading. i needed the above changes to do
  > this, and i needed firmware loading to test them, so this change gets both.
  > so we have a mountroot hook (that was the half change) that allocates the
  > tx task fifo, reads the firmware from disk, and then pushes the firmware
  > onto the fifo. once that is done it spins till the firmware is ready, then
  > cleans up everything it allocated for loading the firmware.
  > this diff wont time out if anything goes wrong during fw_load. if anyone
  > wants to look at a nice way of doing it, please do. (dlg@)

  ~ if_gem_pci.c

  > Cleanup phy selection code, simplifying the code considerably.  Attach only
  > one phy on Sun ERI; gets rid of the duplicate phy on the blade1k.
  > tested by many, ok drahn@ (kettenis@)

kern

  ~ vfs_cache.c

  > After we bumped the maximal number of vnodes by quite a bit we became
  > painfully aware of what the comment:
  > "This makes the algorithm O(n^2), but do you think I care?"
  > actually means. I started to care.
  > Fix up the cache_purgevfs algorithm to not be O(n^2) since it's not
  > preemptible anyway and while I'm here, make this code actually return
  > the cache entries to the pool instead of hogging them and implement a
  > marginally faster free list. This way we return memory to the system
  > when some parameters change.
  > miod@ ok (art@)

  ~ vfs_cache.c

  > Fix freeing of namecache entries in cache_purgevfs(), okay miod@ art@
  > (pedro@)

net

  ~ if_gif.c

  > Cleanup spaces. (claudio@)

nfs

  ~ nfs_kq.c                              ~ nfs_subs.c
  ~ nfs_var.h

  > Replace the nfskevq_lock lockmgr lock with rwlock.
  > Replace nfs_kqinit() wich just calls lockinit with
  > RWLOCK_INITALIZER. Assorted cleanup.
  > ok tedu@
  > "reads good" art@ (thib@)

uvm

  ~ uvm_stat.c

  > Also show fpu context switches in show uvmexp in ddb.
  > From mickey. art@ ok (art@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 04/05 ==

less

  ~ NEWS                                  ~ README
  ~ lsystem.c                             ~ version.c

  > Update to less version 382.  This removes some code that is licensed under
  > a non-BSD license and which was not used on OpenBSD.  No functional
  > changes.
  > From Daniel Dickmann <didickman at gmail.comok itojun, millert, ray,
  > matthieu (mbalmer@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 05/05 ==

  ~ kroute.c

  > Use vectorized writes to send routing messages into the kernel instead of
  > using a static message structure. This is more flexible and needed if
  > multipath comes into play.	looks good henning@ (claudio@)

ospfd

  ~ kroute.c

  > Use iovecs to write routing messages to the socket instead of a static
  > structure. This gives greater flexibility and solves an upcoming problem
  > with multipath routes. OK norby@ (claudio@)

ripd