[odc] Daily src changes for 2007-04-27

ODC auto at squish.net
Sat Apr 28 08:00:32 BST 2007

distrib/miniroot                        distrib/sets
lib/libpthread                          sbin/fdisk
share/man                               sys/arch/amd64/include
sys/arch/arm/arm                        sys/arch/i386/stand/boot
sys/arch/i386/stand/cdboot              sys/arch/i386/stand/libsa
sys/arch/i386/stand/pxeboot             sys/arch/mips64/include
sys/arch/mips64/mips64                  sys/arch/sparc/dev
sys/arch/sparc/include                  sys/arch/sparc64/dev
sys/dev/ata                             sys/dev/isa
sys/dev/pci                             sys/stand
sys/uvm                                 usr.bin/calendar
usr.sbin/ripd

== distrib =========================================================== 01/07 ==

miniroot

  ~ install.sub

  > caps for NTP server; from jdixon (deraadt@)

sets

  ~ lists/comp/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

  ~ lists/comp/mi                         ~ lists/man/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

== lib =============================================================== 02/07 ==

libpthread

  ~ uthread/pthread_private.h             ~ uthread/uthread_fd.c

  > Remove unused function _thread_fd_unlock_owned() and
  > merge _thread_fd_unlock_thread() into _thread_fd_unlock(). okay marc@
  > (kurt@)

  ~ uthread/pthread_private.h             ~ uthread/uthread_close.c
  ~ uthread/uthread_closefrom.c           ~ uthread/uthread_dup2.c
  ~ uthread/uthread_execve.c              ~ uthread/uthread_exit.c
  ~ uthread/uthread_fd.c                  ~ uthread/uthread_fork.c
  ~ uthread/uthread_info_openbsd.c        ~ uthread/uthread_init.c
  ~ uthread/uthread_kern.c                ~ uthread/uthread_poll.c
  ~ uthread/uthread_select.c              ~ uthread/uthread_sig.c

  > Use rlimit nofiles max to size fd/fdp tables instead of cur. Fixes
  > applications that increase nofiles using setrlimit(2). ok marc@ (kurt@)

  ~ uthread/pthread_private.h             ~ uthread/uthread_cancel.c
  ~ uthread/uthread_cond.c                ~ uthread/uthread_mutex.c
  ~ uthread/uthread_suspend_np.c

  > fix thread_continuation_t typedef and use passed curthread instead of
  > calling _get_curthread() again. fixes some lint warnings. okay marc@
  > (kurt@)

  ~ uthread/uthread_cancel.c

  > fix minor nit with previous commit (kurt@)

  ~ uthread/pthread_private.h

  > more lint warning reductions. use int for all priority vars. okay marc@
  > (kurt@)

== sbin ============================================================== 03/07 ==

fdisk

  ~ disk.c

  > Remove unneeded #include's, as already done for disklabel. CPU_BIOS
  > fallout. (krw@)

== share ============================================================= 04/07 ==

  ~ man4/pci.4                            ~ man4/isa.4

  > piixpcib bits; ok gwk (jmc@)

  ~ man9/Makefile                         + man9/atomic.9

  > Document atomic_{set,clear}bits_int. (art@)

  ~ man9/atomic.9

  > tweaks; (jmc@)

== sys =============================================================== 05/07 ==

arch/amd64/include

  ~ specialreg.h

  > remove duplicate defines.
  > found by lint, ok deraadt@ (dlg@)

arch/arm/arm

  ~ syscall.c

  > Enable interrupts during syscall processing. Need to verify if the
  > test actually has any value. ok miod@ (drahn@)

arch/i386/stand/boot

  ~ boot.8                                ~ conf.c

  > Check for Control key held down when starting, and don't read boot.conf
  > if it is.  This gives a way to recover from "switching to com0" when
  > there's no serial cable handy.
  > Bump version numbers.
  > A similar change will be made to amd64 boot soon.
  > ok toby@ deraadt@ (tom@)

arch/i386/stand/cdboot

  ~ cdboot.8                              ~ conf.c

  > Check for Control key held down when starting, and don't read boot.conf
  > if it is.  This gives a way to recover from "switching to com0" when
  > there's no serial cable handy.
  > Bump version numbers.
  > A similar change will be made to amd64 boot soon.
  > ok toby@ deraadt@ (tom@)

arch/i386/stand/libsa

  ~ bioscons.c                            ~ biosdev.h
  ~ libsa.h                               ~ machdep.c

  > Check for Control key held down when starting, and don't read boot.conf
  > if it is.  This gives a way to recover from "switching to com0" when
  > there's no serial cable handy.
  > Bump version numbers.
  > A similar change will be made to amd64 boot soon.
  > ok toby@ deraadt@ (tom@)

arch/i386/stand/pxeboot

  ~ conf.c                                ~ pxeboot.8

  > Check for Control key held down when starting, and don't read boot.conf
  > if it is.  This gives a way to recover from "switching to com0" when
  > there's no serial cable handy.
  > Bump version numbers.
  > A similar change will be made to amd64 boot soon.
  > ok toby@ deraadt@ (tom@)

arch/mips64/include

  ~ pmap.h                                ~ pte.h
  ~ vmparam.h

  > More pmap changes from the potpourri pool:
  > - use wm_page pg_flags pmap-reserved flags to store attributes, instead of
  > defining a vm_page_md field.
  > - use atomic operations to touch the above mentioned flags.
  > - never create ptes with PG_RO and PG_M set (this was harmless anyway).
  > - in pmap_clear_modify(), do not flush cache if the page was mapped
  > uncached.
  > Tested on r5k, rm5200, r10k and r12k. (miod@)

  ~ pte.h

  > Remove unused macros, and make sure the remaining one do not truncate the
  > high 32 bits of addresses. (miod@)

arch/mips64/mips64

  ~ pmap.c

  > In pmap_enter_pv(), when uncaching a page due to a VAC conflict, only flush
  > the existing cached va range, instead of the whole cache.
  > Tested on rm5200 and r12k. (miod@)

  ~ pmap.c

  > More pmap changes from the potpourri pool:
  > - use wm_page pg_flags pmap-reserved flags to store attributes, instead of
  > defining a vm_page_md field.
  > - use atomic operations to touch the above mentioned flags.
  > - never create ptes with PG_RO and PG_M set (this was harmless anyway).
  > - in pmap_clear_modify(), do not flush cache if the page was mapped
  > uncached.
  > Tested on r5k, rm5200, r10k and r12k. (miod@)

arch/sparc/dev

  ~ fd.c

  > Even floppies should use DISKLABELDEV() on the dev_t parameter to
  > readdisklabel/writedisklabel.
  > ok deraadt@ weingart@ conceptual ok drahn@ (krw@)

arch/sparc/include

  ~ atomic.h

  > Disable interrupts around bit operations; ok deraadt@ (miod@)

arch/sparc64/dev

  ~ fd.c

  > Even floppies should use DISKLABELDEV() on the dev_t parameter to
  > readdisklabel/writedisklabel.
  > ok deraadt@ weingart@ conceptual ok drahn@ (krw@)

dev/ata

  ~ wd.c

  > Nuke WDUNIT/WDPART/etc. defines and just use standard
  > DISKUNIT/DISKPART/etc.
  > ones. No change to wd.o.
  > ok deraadt@ marco@ (krw@)

dev/isa

  ~ fd.c

  > Even floppies should use DISKLABELDEV() on the dev_t parameter to
  > readdisklabel/writedisklabel.
  > ok deraadt@ weingart@ conceptual ok drahn@ (krw@)

dev/pci

  ~ if_tht.c

  > my txt fifo write bug is extremely strange. i need a delay before the
  > wptr write for it to work. delay(75) works, delay(67) doesnt, so im
  > disabling the fifo debug and adding delay(100) till this is worked out
  > properly with tehuti. (dlg@)

  ~ if_tht.c

  > Fix copy/paste-o in offset of TDINTCM register jointly spotted by dlg and
  > myself. This register controls TX interrupt and packet coalescing.
  > OK dlg@ (cloder@)

  ~ if_nx.c

  > only attach nx NICs with 128MB memory and a 32bit memory type for now
  > (the chipset uses a configurable window to access the complete address
  > range). (reyk@)

  ~ if_nx.c

  > add NX_DEBUG macros (reyk@)

  ~ if_nx.c

  > rename sc_io* types to sc_mem* to reflect the bus space memory type.
  > (reyk@)

  ~ if_nx.c

  > add initial nxb_read/nxb_write functions (reyk@)

  ~ if_nxreg.h

  > add a section to define the nx memory layout (reyk@)

  ~ if_nx.c

  > sync (also update the PCI IDs in the nx driver) (reyk@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > update NetXen PCI IDs (reyk@)

  ~ if_nx.c                               ~ if_nxreg.h

  > also map the seconds PCI memory space (reyk@)

  ~ if_nx.c                               ~ if_nxreg.h

  > spacing (reyk@)

  ~ if_nx.c                               ~ if_nxreg.h

  > registers are accessed via configurable windows in the PCI memory space,
  > some macro abstraction is required to support different window mappings.
  > (reyk@)

  ~ if_nxreg.h

  > update a comment to reflect the truth - the documentation that is
  > available online is incomplete or even outdated and this driver is
  > only partially based on it. other information is obtained from the
  > netxen reference driver. (reyk@)

  ~ if_tht.c

  > Correct typo in comment, no code changes (cloder@)

stand

  ~ boot/cmd.c

  > Check for Control key held down when starting, and don't read boot.conf
  > if it is.  This gives a way to recover from "switching to com0" when
  > there's no serial cable handy.
  > Bump version numbers.
  > A similar change will be made to amd64 boot soon.
  > ok toby@ deraadt@ (tom@)

uvm

  ~ uvm_amap.c

  > Some ANSI function prototypes and misc cleanups.
  > only binary change is the line numbers to asserts. (art@)

  ~ uvm_km.c

  > Use the right size when we're backing out the allocation in
  > uvm_km_kmemalloc.
  > "should probbaly go in" millert@, "I think it should too" deraadt@ (art@)

  ~ uvm_map.c

  > For uvm_map and uvm_unmap, splassert(IPL_NONE) for non-INTRSAFE maps.
  > miod@ ok (art@)

  ~ uvm_user.c

  > Another indentation cleanup without binary changes.
  > (I'm reading code, that's where this comes from). (art@)

  ~ uvm_map.c

  > Some indentation cleanup.
  > md5@ ok. (art@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 06/07 ==

calendar

  ~ calendars/calendar.holiday

  > typo; mikolaj.kucharski at gmaileraadt@)

ripd

  ~ kroute.c

  > Ripd needs a valid route for 224.0.0.9 to work. Instead of forcing users to
  > set multicast_router=YES we inject a 224.0.0.9/32 route into the kernel and
  > remove the route on exit if the insert was successful. With this ripd
  > works out of the box.
  > OK michele@ norby@ (claudio@)

  ~ ripd.8