[odc] Daily src changes for 2007-12-11

ODC auto at squish.net
Wed Dec 12 07:00:01 GMT 2007

etc/mail/README                         sys/altq
sys/arch/amd64/amd64                    sys/arch/i386/i386
sys/arch/macppc/dev                     sys/dev/pci
sys/kern                                sys/uvm
usr.bin/netstat                         usr.sbin/ntpd

== etc =============================================================== 01/04 ==

mail/README

  ~ mail/README

  > mention starttls(8) (millert@)

== sys =============================================================== 02/04 ==

altq

  ~ altq_subr.c

  > kill the comment that doesn't make sense anymore (mikeb@)

arch/amd64/amd64

  ~ autoconf.c                            ~ machdep.c

  > if we pxebooted, and can find the interface, put it in a "pxeboot" group
  > so that later applications can try to do the right thing
  > for reyk (deraadt@)

arch/i386/i386

  ~ apm.c

  > reword license to change regents to authors, and remove advertising clause.
  > cleared with all original authors. ok deraadt (tedu@)

  ~ autoconf.c                            ~ bios.c

  > if we pxebooted, and can find the interface, put it in a "pxeboot" group
  > so that later applications can try to do the right thing
  > for reyk (deraadt@)

arch/macppc/dev

  ~ i2s.c

  > remove support for 8kHz sample rates.  not all i2s based audio
  > devices support 8kHz sample rates, and there is insufficient
  > code to enable it properly on the devices that do support 8kHz.
  > fixes "evil sound" problem reported by ajacoutot@ and jdixon at .
  > ok deanna@, ratchov@, ajacoutot@ (jakemsr@)

  ~ apm.c

  > reword license to change regents to authors, and remove advertising clause.
  > cleared with all original authors. ok deraadt (tedu@)

  > add the NVIDIA MCP79 LAN, AHCI, SMBus and HD Audio PCI ids.
  > From Peer Chen @ NVIDIA via Linux
  > ok dlg@ (brad@)

  > regen (brad@)

  ~ if_vge.c

  > - Remove disabled and unusable HW VLAN tagging code.
  > - Remove setup of the HW VLAN stripping.
  > Issue reported by and fix tested by henric@
  > ok dlg@ (brad@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > remove wrong MCP79 SMBus id in previous commit. (brad@)

  > regen (brad@)

  ~ if_nfe.c

  > Fix check for pending interrupts as some other device is causing
  > the status register to change.
  > From form at .
  > ok jsg (mikeb@)

kern

  ~ subr_pool.c

  > release the pool mutex if we may sleep in the backend (tedu@)

  ~ subr_pool.c

  > remove an overlooked simple_lock everybody likes to point out to me.
  > (tedu@)

  ~ kern_exec.c

  > Don't store arguments and environment in the space reserved for stackgap on
  > machines where the stack grows up.	Fixes systrace(1) on hppa.
  > ok deraadt@ (kettenis@)

uvm

  ~ uvm_km.c

  > use a mutex for protection of the uvm_km list.  ok art (tedu@)

netstat

  ~ main.c                                ~ mbuf.c
  ~ netstat.h

  > mbuf stats are always gotten via sysctl(), so remove old nlist stuff
  > ok claudio pyr (deraadt@)

ntpd

  ~ ntpd.8