[odc] Daily src changes for 2007-12-15

ODC auto at squish.net
Sun Dec 16 07:00:01 GMT 2007

distrib/notes                           share/man
sys/arch/m88k/include                   sys/arch/m88k/m88k
sys/arch/mvme88k/dev                    sys/arch/mvme88k/include
sys/arch/mvme88k/mvme88k                sys/arch/sh/include
sys/arch/sparc/include                  sys/arch/sparc64/dev
sys/arch/vax/include                    sys/uvm
usr.bin/systat                          usr.bin/vmstat
usr.sbin/snmpd

== distrib =========================================================== 01/05 ==

  ~ mvme88k/hardware                      ~ mvme88k/install

  > Mention MVME197 (miod@)

== share ============================================================= 02/05 ==

  ~ man4/umsm.4

  > .Xr pppd; ok jmc@ fkr@ (stevesk@)

== sys =============================================================== 03/05 ==

arch/m88k/include

  ~ cmmu.h

  > Move the cmmu lock back from 8820x-specific code to global, and use it on
  > MVME197DP to serialize 88410 operations. (miod@)

  ~ cpu.h

  > Since the 88110 can not invalidate a particular tlb entry, do not stack
  > invalidate tlb ipis, and turn them into simple ``handle once'' ipis.
  > (miod@)

arch/m88k/m88k

  ~ m8820x_machdep.c                      ~ m88k_machdep.c

  > Move the cmmu lock back from 8820x-specific code to global, and use it on
  > MVME197DP to serialize 88410 operations. (miod@)

arch/mvme88k/dev

  ~ bugio.c

  > All MVME BUG manuals concur on SR3 being the only register needing to be
  > preserved across BUG calls, but on the other hand the last 16 traps need to
  > be restored to BUG values, not only trap #496. (miod@)

arch/mvme88k/include

  ~ mvme197.h

  > Since the 88110 can not invalidate a particular tlb entry, do not stack
  > invalidate tlb ipis, and turn them into simple ``handle once'' ipis.
  > (miod@)

  ~ prom.h

  > All MVME BUG manuals concur on SR3 being the only register needing to be
  > preserved across BUG calls, but on the other hand the last 16 traps need to
  > be restored to BUG values, not only trap #496. (miod@)

arch/mvme88k/mvme88k

  ~ m88110.c

  > Move the cmmu lock back from 8820x-specific code to global, and use it on
  > MVME197DP to serialize 88410 operations. (miod@)

  ~ m197_machdep.c                        ~ m88110.c

  > Since the 88110 can not invalidate a particular tlb entry, do not stack
  > invalidate tlb ipis, and turn them into simple ``handle once'' ipis.
  > (miod@)

  ~ m197_machdep.c                        ~ m88110.c
  ~ machdep.c

  > Unconditionnaly disable the instruction cache on 40MHz MVME197LE boards,
  > so that they run stably. Definitely overkill and causing a severe
  > performance
  > hit (they now run about as fast as a 25MHz board with I$ enabled would),
  > but
  > sometimes you can't fight silicon bugs.
  > Other boards (i.e. 50MHz ones) are not affected. (miod@)

  ~ machdep.c

  > All MVME BUG manuals concur on SR3 being the only register needing to be
  > preserved across BUG calls, but on the other hand the last 16 traps need to
  > be restored to BUG values, not only trap #496. (miod@)

  ~ m197_machdep.c

  > Get the MVME197 memory size from the BusSwitch decoders. (miod@)

arch/sh/include

  ~ pmap.h

  > Remove a lot of symbols from the namespace, otherwise sys/sysctl.h and
  > rpc/pmap_prot.h collide.. "struct pmap" from the kernel should not make
  > it out to userland.
  > ok miod (deraadt@)

arch/sparc/include

  ~ pmap.h

  > Remove a lot of symbols from the namespace, otherwise sys/sysctl.h and
  > rpc/pmap_prot.h collide.. "struct pmap" from the kernel should not make
  > it out to userland.
  > ok miod (deraadt@)

arch/sparc64/dev

  ~ iommu.c

  > move some iommu_dvmamap_validate_map()'s into DEBUG instead of DIAGNOSTIC,
  > slightly improve performance
  > ok kettenis (deraadt@)

arch/vax/include

  ~ pmap.h

  > Remove a lot of symbols from the namespace, otherwise sys/sysctl.h and
  > rpc/pmap_prot.h collide.. "struct pmap" from the kernel should not make
  > it out to userland.
  > ok miod (deraadt@)

uvm

  ~ uvm_km.c                              ~ uvm_meter.c
  ~ uvm_param.h

  > export kernel uvm_km_pages_free as vm.kmpagesfree; ok tedu, tested jsg
  > (deraadt@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 04/05 ==

systat

  ~ Makefile

  > -DNOKVM will compile iostat.c without kvm support, which it does not need
  > (deraadt@)

vmstat

  ~ Makefile                              ~ vmstat.c

  > change over last few bits to use sysctl(3) if possible, and make this
  > not setgid kmem (hurray!)
  > ok tedu, tested jsg (deraadt@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 05/05 ==

snmpd

  ~ mib.c

  > now that ip statistics are available through sysctl, make snmpd's IP-MIB
  > aware of them
  > ok reyk@ (gilles@)

  ~ mib.c

  > change the style of the sysctl mib setup (reyk@)

  ~ mib.c

  > more sysctl style changes for older code (reyk@)

  ~ mib.c

  > add support for ipReasmTimeout
  > ok (and thanks to) reyk@ (gilles@)

  ~ mib.c

  > ips_odropped is ipOutDiscards not ipInDiscards (reyk@)

  ~ mib.c

  > implement one function to call the ipstat sysctl needed in a number of
  > places instead of repeating the code.
  > inspired by an idea from gilles@ (reyk@)

  ~ mib.c                                 ~ mib.h
  ~ snmpd.h

  > shrink the code by making some ipstat parts table-driven.  at some
  > point i may want to define a general table-driven interface for mibs.
  > (reyk@)

  ~ snmpd.8                               ~ snmpd.conf.5

  > initial manpage bits for snmpd.conf(5) (reyk@)

  ~ mib.c                                 ~ mib.h