[odc] Daily src changes for 2007-12-16

ODC auto at squish.net
Mon Dec 17 07:00:01 GMT 2007

distrib/sets                            etc/Makefile
etc/bind/db.localhost                   etc/bind/db.loopback
etc/bind/db.loopback6.arpa              etc/bind/named-dual.conf
etc/bind/named-simple.conf              etc/mtree/4.4BSD.dist
sbin/disklabel                          sbin/quotacheck
share/man                               sys/arch/hppa/include
sys/arch/sparc64/sparc64                sys/dev/cardbus
sys/dev/pci                             sys/dev/usb
sys/kern                                sys/ufs/mfs
sys/uvm                                 usr.bin/pcc

== distrib =========================================================== 01/06 ==

  ~ lists/base/md.armish                  ~ lists/base/md.aviion
  ~ lists/base/md.hp300                   ~ lists/base/md.hppa
  ~ lists/base/md.hppa64                  ~ lists/base/md.i386
  ~ lists/base/md.landisk                 ~ lists/base/md.luna88k
  ~ lists/base/md.mac68k                  ~ lists/base/md.macppc
  ~ lists/base/md.mvme68k                 ~ lists/base/md.mvme88k
  ~ lists/base/md.mvmeppc                 ~ lists/base/md.sgi
  ~ lists/base/md.sparc                   ~ lists/base/md.sparc64
  ~ lists/base/md.vax                     ~ lists/base/md.zaurus
  ~ lists/base/mi                         ~ lists/comp/mi
  ~ lists/etc/mi                          ~ lists/man/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

== etc =============================================================== 02/06 ==

Makefile

  ~ Makefile

  > remove localhost. zone (localhost. queries are handled by /etc/hosts)
  > replace IPv4 and IPv6 loopback zones with BIND's autogenerated empty zones.
  > move root.hint to /var/named/etc
  > remove empty directory /var/named/standard (jakob@)

bind/db.localhost

  - bind/db.localhost

  > remove localhost. zone (localhost. queries are handled by /etc/hosts)
  > replace IPv4 and IPv6 loopback zones with BIND's autogenerated empty zones.
  > move root.hint to /var/named/etc
  > remove empty directory /var/named/standard (jakob@)

bind/db.loopback

  - bind/db.loopback

  > remove localhost. zone (localhost. queries are handled by /etc/hosts)
  > replace IPv4 and IPv6 loopback zones with BIND's autogenerated empty zones.
  > move root.hint to /var/named/etc
  > remove empty directory /var/named/standard (jakob@)

bind/db.loopback6.arpa

  - bind/db.loopback6.arpa

  > remove localhost. zone (localhost. queries are handled by /etc/hosts)
  > replace IPv4 and IPv6 loopback zones with BIND's autogenerated empty zones.
  > move root.hint to /var/named/etc
  > remove empty directory /var/named/standard (jakob@)

bind/named-dual.conf

  ~ bind/named-dual.conf

  > remove localhost. zone (localhost. queries are handled by /etc/hosts)
  > replace IPv4 and IPv6 loopback zones with BIND's autogenerated empty zones.
  > move root.hint to /var/named/etc
  > remove empty directory /var/named/standard (jakob@)

bind/named-simple.conf

  ~ bind/named-simple.conf

  > remove localhost. zone (localhost. queries are handled by /etc/hosts)
  > replace IPv4 and IPv6 loopback zones with BIND's autogenerated empty zones.
  > move root.hint to /var/named/etc
  > remove empty directory /var/named/standard (jakob@)

mtree/4.4BSD.dist

  ~ mtree/4.4BSD.dist

  > remove localhost. zone (localhost. queries are handled by /etc/hosts)
  > replace IPv4 and IPv6 loopback zones with BIND's autogenerated empty zones.
  > move root.hint to /var/named/etc
  > remove empty directory /var/named/standard (jakob@)

== sbin ============================================================== 03/06 ==

disklabel

  ~ disklabel.8

  > add missing arguments to "-b" and "-s"
  > ok jmc@ (sobrado@)

quotacheck

  ~ quotacheck.c

  > fix ffs2 case: fs_sblockloc's unit is disk sectors, not fragments;
  > ok millert@ (otto@)

== share ============================================================= 04/06 ==

  ~ man4/Makefile                         ~ man4/usb.4
  + man4/upgt.4

  > Inital driver for the Conexant/Intersil PrismGT SoftMAC USB 2.0 devices
  > based on the GW3887 chipset (b/g).
  > We are able to communicate more or less reliable with DS1 (1Mbps) yet.
  > Tested on i386 and macppc.
  > Short term TODOs:
  > - Find out how to set TX rates.
  > - Fix device hangup while high RX load.
  > - Improve device reset (reload firmware on init, watchdog, etc.).
  > - Fill man page with supported devices (need reports).
  > - Add AMRR rate control.
  > - Add HostAP mode.
  > - Add IBSS mode.
  > - Add LED support.
  > - ...
  > Long term TODOs:
  > - Support the USB 1.0 devices (NET2280, ISL3880, ISL3886 chipsets).
  > OK deraadt@, OK laurent@ (mglocker@)

  ~ man4/man4.macppc/snapper.4

  > Add PowerBook6,2 to HARDWARE section. From martin at . (xsa@)

  ~ man4/upgt.4

  > no blank lines in man pages, please; (jmc@)

  ~ man3/queue.3

  > fix TAILQ_PREV; from Girish Venkatachalam
  > ok henning (jmc@)

== sys =============================================================== 05/06 ==

arch/hppa/include

  ~ rbus_machdep.h

  > Add an empty pccbb_attach_hook. (kettenis@)

arch/sparc64/sparc64

  ~ machdep.c

  > Correctly count number of segments in _bus_dmamap_load().  Initialize
  > ds_addr
  > to 0UL instead of NULL while there.
  > Tested by & help from dlg at . (kettenis@)

dev/cardbus

  ~ cardslot.c

  > Don't crash if we only try to attach pcmcia(4).
  > ok jsing@, fgsch@ (kettenis@)

dev/pci

  ~ drm/drmP.h                            ~ drm/drm_agpsupport.c
  ~ drm/drm_auth.c                        ~ drm/drm_bufs.c
  ~ drm/drm_context.c                     ~ drm/drm_dma.c
  ~ drm/drm_drawable.c                    ~ drm/drm_drv.c
  ~ drm/drm_fops.c                        ~ drm/drm_ioctl.c
  ~ drm/drm_irq.c                         ~ drm/drm_lock.c
  ~ drm/drm_memory.c                      ~ drm/drm_scatter.c
  ~ drm/drm_sysctl.c                      ~ drm/drm_vm.c
  ~ drm/i915_drv.c                        ~ drm/mach64_drv.c
  ~ drm/mga_drv.c                         ~ drm/r128_drv.c
  ~ drm/radeon_drv.c                      ~ drm/savage_drv.c
  ~ drm/sis_drv.c                         ~ drm/tdfx_drv.c
  ~ drm/via_drv.c

  > destatic the static functions, they only make debugging harder.
  > While i'm here:
  > remove a couple of debug printfs that shouldn't have gone in anyway.
  > trowel on some KNF (I really need to get around to sending some of this
  > upstream).
  > remove some netbsd specific code that netbsd doesn't have anymore.
  > ok tedu. (oga@)

  ~ azalia.c

  > Count line-in as line-out, and label both as AudioNline.  This is what
  > the mixer expects. (deanna@)

  ~ azalia_codec.c

  > Put inamp gain and inamp mute controls under AudioCinputs.	This
  > avoids some duplicate items when a pin widget has both input and
  > output amplifiers. (deanna@)

  > regen (mglocker@)

  ~ files.usb                             ~ usbdevs
  + if_upgt.c                             + if_upgtvar.h

  > Inital driver for the Conexant/Intersil PrismGT SoftMAC USB 2.0 devices
  > based on the GW3887 chipset (b/g).
  > We are able to communicate more or less reliable with DS1 (1Mbps) yet.
  > Tested on i386 and macppc.
  > Short term TODOs:
  > - Find out how to set TX rates.
  > - Fix device hangup while high RX load.
  > - Improve device reset (reload firmware on init, watchdog, etc.).
  > - Fill man page with supported devices (need reports).
  > - Add AMRR rate control.
  > - Add HostAP mode.
  > - Add IBSS mode.
  > - Add LED support.
  > - ...
  > Long term TODOs:
  > - Support the USB 1.0 devices (NET2280, ISL3880, ISL3886 chipsets).
  > OK deraadt@, OK laurent@ (mglocker@)

  ~ files.usb

  > the upgt file is.. optional (deraadt@)

  ~ if_upgt.c

  > Add comment. (mglocker@)

kern

  ~ subr_disk.c

  > panic on negative blkno or size; ok kettenis@ deraadt@ (otto@)

ufs/mfs

  ~ mfs_vfsops.c                          ~ mfs_vnops.c

  > fix remaining cases of potential concurrent mfs_buflist access;
  > ok deraadt@ millert@ (otto@)

uvm

  ~ uvm_unix.c

  > Correctly calculate stack increment for MACHINE_STACK_GROWS_UP; fixes
  > problems
  > where core dumps on hppa were missing the last stack page.
  > ok miod@ (kettenis@)

pcc

  ~ ccom/stabs.c

  > Update from master repo:
  > > Do not output constants larger than stabs allows. (ragge@)

  ~ i386/table.c

  > Updates from master repo:
  > > Fix bug causing a cast from floats to integer types be rounded
  > > up as well as down instead just rounding them down. (ragge@)

  ~ mip/reader.c                          ~ mip/regs.c