[odc] Daily src changes for 2007-12-23

ODC auto at squish.net
Mon Dec 24 07:00:01 GMT 2007

sbin/disklabel                          share/man
sys/arch/amd64/conf                     sys/arch/i386/conf
sys/arch/sparc64/sparc64                sys/dev
sys/dev/isa                             sys/kern
sys/sys                                 usr.bin/rcs
usr.sbin/bgpctl                         usr.sbin/bgpd
usr.sbin/dhcpd                          usr.sbin/ntpd

== sbin ============================================================== 01/05 ==

disklabel

  ~ editor.c

  > Setting p_fstype to the number of free sectors can't be right. Instead, set
  > the partition size with DL_SETPSIZE(pp, *freep). (krw@)

== share ============================================================= 02/05 ==

  ~ man9/pmap.9

  > pmap_steal_memory() returns vaddr_t.
  > ok miod@ (jsing@)

  ~ man4/it.4

  > Look for environment controller first, and access ITE SuperIO address/data
  > ports only if we found one. Fixes possible issues with some notebook
  > chipsets.
  > ok deraadt@
  > tested by me, jcs@ and Rodolfo Gouveia (form@)

  ~ man4/aps.4                            ~ man4/it.4
  ~ man4/nsclpcsio.4

  > +.Xr isa 4 , (jmc@)

  ~ man4/man4.alpha/tga.4                 ~ man4/man4.sparc/mgx.4
  ~ man4/man4.sparc/vigra.4               ~ man4/man4.sparc64/mgx.4
  ~ man4/man4.sparc64/vigra.4             ~ man4/pwdog.4

  > {dip,DIP-} -> DIP; now they're all the same... (jmc@)

== sys =============================================================== 03/05 ==

arch/amd64/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > Look for environment controller first, and access ITE SuperIO address/data
  > ports only if we found one. Fixes possible issues with some notebook
  > chipsets.
  > ok deraadt@
  > tested by me, jcs@ and Rodolfo Gouveia (form@)

  > Look for environment controller first, and access ITE SuperIO address/data
  > ports only if we found one. Fixes possible issues with some notebook
  > chipsets.
  > ok deraadt@
  > tested by me, jcs@ and Rodolfo Gouveia (form@)

arch/sparc64/sparc64

  ~ locore.s

  > Remove DMMU_MISS_2; it's identical to DMMU_MISS. (kettenis@)

  ~ pmap.c

  > In pmap_dumpmmu(), account for the fact that we use 4MB mappings for text
  > and
  > data segments.  This makes the complete mappings available in kernel dumps.
  > (kettenis@)

dev

  ~ bio.c

  > use sizeof where needed (deraadt@)

dev/isa

  ~ it.c                                  ~ itvar.h

  > Look for environment controller first, and access ITE SuperIO address/data
  > ports only if we found one. Fixes possible issues with some notebook
  > chipsets.
  > ok deraadt@
  > tested by me, jcs@ and Rodolfo Gouveia (form@)

kern

  ~ subr_disk.c                           ~ kern_sysctl.c

  > protect the disk statistics with a mutex.
  > ok tedu@ kettenis@ (dlg@)

sys

  ~ disk.h

  > protect the disk statistics with a mutex.
  > ok tedu@ kettenis@ (dlg@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 04/05 ==

rcs

  ~ diff3.c

  > increase the marker buffers, they are not big enough for hg merge (tedu@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 05/05 ==

bgpctl

  ~ bgpctl.c

  > send timers for bgpctlshow neighbor foo timer in seperate messages after
  > the peer data. makes bgpctl display code independent from timer
  > implementation internals. only running timers are displayed now, stopped
  > ones are skipped. (henning@)

bgpd

  ~ timer.c

  > make all timer_get() callers (except timer_set which will need
  > special handling) and onein session.c that will go away able to
  > cope with timer_get() returning NULL (i.e.nosuch timer/not running)
  > (henning@)

  ~ session.c

  > use timer_running (with left = NULL, which the last commit made possible)
  > instead of timer_get and checking manually (henning@)

  ~ bgpd.h                                ~ control.c
  ~ log.h                                 ~ session.h
  ~ timer.c

  > send timers for bgpctlshow neighbor foo timer in seperate messages after
  > the peer data. makes bgpctl display code independent from timer
  > implementation internals. only running timers are displayed now, stopped
  > ones are skipped. (henning@)

  ~ session.c                             ~ session.h
  ~ timer.c

  > provide timer_nextduein, which provides the number of seconds until the
  > next timer expires.
  > use that in the session engine's mainloop, which simplifies it and
  > removes the last bits of timer internals knowledge from anywhere outside
  > timer.c. (henning@)

dhcpd

  ~ pfutils.c

  > remove double word in comment; (jmc@)

  ~ dhcpd.conf.5

  > for "fixed-address", note that no lease is generated; after some
  > discussion with krw, who hasn;t ok'd this diff, but we can change it if
  > he doesn;t like it;
  > started by mail from Max Hayden Chiz (jmc@)

ntpd

  ~ ntpd.h