[odc] Daily src changes for 2007-12-27

ODC auto at squish.net
Fri Dec 28 07:00:01 GMT 2007

libexec/spamd                           regress/sys
share/man                               sys/arch/amd64/amd64
sys/arch/aviion/aviion                  sys/arch/i386/i386
sys/arch/mvme88k/dev                    sys/arch/mvme88k/include
sys/arch/mvme88k/mvme88k                sys/arch/sgi/dev
sys/arch/sgi/sgi                        sys/arch/zaurus/dev
sys/dev/acpi                            sys/dev/ic
sys/kern                                sys/miscfs/deadfs
sys/miscfs/fifofs                       sys/miscfs/specfs
sys/nfs                                 sys/sys
usr.bin/ssh                             usr.sbin/ntpd
usr.sbin/snmpd

== libexec =========================================================== 01/06 ==

spamd

  ~ sync.c

  > Add a missing length check of received spamd sync packet headers.
  > From Diego Giagio (dgiagio at gmail)
  > with input from tedu@ (reyk@)

== regress =========================================================== 02/06 ==

  ~ kern/noexec/noexec.c

  > -s uses optarg; Elad Efrat (deraadt@)

== share ============================================================= 03/06 ==

  ~ man9/microtime.9

  > last item in NAME should not be followed by a comma; from Pierre Riteau
  > (jmc@)

  ~ autoconf.c

  > missing newline in autoconf pxe report; spotted by henning (deraadt@)

arch/aviion/aviion

  ~ av400_machdep.c

  > Fix the spurious or unclaimed interrupt messages, I swapped them by
  > mistake. (miod@)

arch/i386/i386

  ~ autoconf.c

  > missing newline in autoconf pxe report; spotted by henning (deraadt@)

arch/mvme88k/dev

  - sysconreg.h                           ~ dart.c
  ~ syscon.c                              ~ vme.c
  + sysconvar.h

  > Make the mvme188 interrupt handling closer to the aviion interrupt
  > handling:
  > non-VME syscon interrupt sources will now use their own intrhand array,
  > and interrupt sources will be enabled in the arbiter as interrupt handlers
  > are registered. This allows VME devices to use the whole 256 interrupts
  > range. (miod@)

arch/mvme88k/include

  ~ intr.h                                ~ mvme188.h

  > Make the mvme188 interrupt handling closer to the aviion interrupt
  > handling:
  > non-VME syscon interrupt sources will now use their own intrhand array,
  > and interrupt sources will be enabled in the arbiter as interrupt handlers
  > are registered. This allows VME devices to use the whole 256 interrupts
  > range. (miod@)

arch/mvme88k/mvme88k

  ~ m188_machdep.c                        ~ machdep.c

  > Make the mvme188 interrupt handling closer to the aviion interrupt
  > handling:
  > non-VME syscon interrupt sources will now use their own intrhand array,
  > and interrupt sources will be enabled in the arbiter as interrupt handlers
  > are registered. This allows VME devices to use the whole 256 interrupts
  > range. (miod@)

  ~ m197_machdep.c

  > Remove leftover code in m197_machdep.c, back when I wanted to address the
  > DCAM2 boards in a different way. (miod@)

arch/sgi/dev

  ~ power.c

  > power(4) can now make use of the DS1687 register definitions header file.
  > ok jasper@ (jsing@)

arch/sgi/sgi

  ~ clock_md.c

  > Clean up the clock MD code. Move all of the DS1687 register definitions to
  > the appropriate place and remove all of the magic numbers. Whilst we're
  > here fix up some KNF issues. Also, the get/set functions used the wrong
  > control registers, allowing the clock to update during operation.
  > ok miod@, jasper@ (jsing@)

arch/zaurus/dev

  ~ zaurus_scoop.c

  > use TAILQ_FOREACH when possible instead of manually
  > rolling it.
  > ok todd@, miod@; (thib@)

dev/acpi

  ~ acpicpu.c

  > KNF, no functional change (marco@)

  ~ acpicpu.c

  > Add _PPC support.  Tested by several people. (marco@)

  ~ acpicpu.c

  > Undo previous commit after debating a few corner cases with gwk.  This
  > needs to be redone in another way. (marco@)

dev/ic

  ~ mpi.c

  > use the right flags when creating dmamaps for use in interrupt handlers.
  > (dlg@)

  ~ mpi.c

  > oops, there was other code in the previous commit that shouldnt have gone
  > in. this reverts 1.90. (dlg@)

  ~ mpi.c

  > 1.90 again. use the right flags when creating a dmamap for use during
  > interrupts. (dlg@)

  + ds1687reg.h

  > Clean up the clock MD code. Move all of the DS1687 register definitions to
  > the appropriate place and remove all of the magic numbers. Whilst we're
  > here fix up some KNF issues. Also, the get/set functions used the wrong
  > control registers, allowing the clock to update during operation.
  > ok miod@, jasper@ (jsing@)

kern

  ~ vfs_default.c

  > fifofs, deadfs and specfs all have the same "trivial lookup routine that
  > always fails". Introduce vop_generic_lookup(), which is a trivial lookup
  > routine that always fails and use that instead, zap the redundant copies.
  > ok toby@, tedu@, art@ (thib@)

  ~ kern_tc.c

  > allow for max 5000 uses/sec offset adjust, this makes it possible for
  > clocks with drifts larger than 500ppm to be corrected. (otto@)

miscfs/deadfs

  ~ dead_vnops.c

  > fifofs, deadfs and specfs all have the same "trivial lookup routine that
  > always fails". Introduce vop_generic_lookup(), which is a trivial lookup
  > routine that always fails and use that instead, zap the redundant copies.
  > ok toby@, tedu@, art@ (thib@)

miscfs/fifofs

  ~ fifo.h                                ~ fifo_vnops.c

  > fifofs, deadfs and specfs all have the same "trivial lookup routine that
  > always fails". Introduce vop_generic_lookup(), which is a trivial lookup
  > routine that always fails and use that instead, zap the redundant copies.
  > ok toby@, tedu@, art@ (thib@)

miscfs/specfs

  ~ specdev.h                             ~ spec_vnops.c

  > fifofs, deadfs and specfs all have the same "trivial lookup routine that
  > always fails". Introduce vop_generic_lookup(), which is a trivial lookup
  > routine that always fails and use that instead, zap the redundant copies.
  > ok toby@, tedu@, art@ (thib@)

nfs

  ~ nfs_serv.c

  > Fix for PR5365.
  > Use the va_blocksize, that is the blocksize of the underlying exported
  > file system instead of the DIRBLKSIZ constant to size the chunks.
  > Diff from Enache Adrian <3n4ch3 at gmail.com>
  > Tested by myself and a few others. (thib@)

sys

  ~ vnode.h

  > fifofs, deadfs and specfs all have the same "trivial lookup routine that
  > always fails". Introduce vop_generic_lookup(), which is a trivial lookup
  > routine that always fails and use that instead, zap the redundant copies.
  > ok toby@, tedu@, art@ (thib@)

  ~ canohost.c                            ~ channels.c
  ~ misc.c                                ~ misc.h
  ~ servconf.c                            ~ ssh-keyscan.c
  ~ sshconnect.c                          ~ sshd.c

  > Add a small helper function to consistently handle the EAI_SYSTEM error
  > code of getaddrinfo.  Prompted by vgiffin at apple com via bz #1417.
  > ok markus@ stevesk@ (dtucker@)

ntpd

  ~ client.c                              ~ ntp.c

  > some fatal() calls that should be fatalx(); ok henning@ (stevesk@)

snmpd

  ~ snmpe.c