[odc] Daily src changes for 2007-07-02

ODC auto at squish.net
Tue Jul 3 07:00:01 BST 2007

distrib/sets                            share/man
sys/arch/amd64/conf                     sys/arch/i386/conf
sys/arch/i386/i386                      sys/arch/sparc64/conf
sys/dev/pci                             sys/net80211
usr.sbin/tcpdrop                        usr.sbin/tcpdump

== distrib =========================================================== 01/04 ==

  ~ lists/base/md.armish                  ~ lists/base/md.aviion
  ~ lists/base/md.cats                    ~ lists/base/md.hp300
  ~ lists/base/md.hppa                    ~ lists/base/md.hppa64
  ~ lists/base/md.i386                    ~ lists/base/md.landisk
  ~ lists/base/md.luna88k                 ~ lists/base/md.mac68k
  ~ lists/base/md.macppc                  ~ lists/base/md.mvme68k
  ~ lists/base/md.mvme88k                 ~ lists/base/md.mvmeppc
  ~ lists/base/md.sgi                     ~ lists/base/md.sparc
  ~ lists/base/md.sparc64                 ~ lists/base/md.vax
  ~ lists/base/md.zaurus                  ~ lists/comp/mi
  ~ lists/man/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

== share ============================================================= 02/04 ==

  ~ man4/Makefile                         + man4/jmb.4

  > document jmb(4). (dlg@)

  ~ man4/ahci.4

  > ahci attaches to jmb as well (dlg@)

  ~ man4/pci.4

  > list jmb(4) as an IDE controller (dlg@)

  ~ man4/pci.4

  > make the jmb entry match its .Nd; (jmc@)

  ~ man4/jmb.4

  > wording tweak; ok dlg (jmc@)

  ~ man4/pciide.4                         ~ man4/jmb.4

  > pciide can attach to jmb now (dlg@)

  ~ man4/pciide.4

  > we support lots of jmicron chips now.
  > pointed out by jsg@ jmc@ (dlg@)

  ~ man4/pciide.4

  > JMB362 is ahci only (dlg@)

== sys =============================================================== 03/04 ==

arch/amd64/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK_CD

  > enable jmb on all archs that support ahci, so jmicron boards will continue
  > to work (and work better in the future) (dlg@)

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK_CD

  > allow pciide to attach to jmb as well as ahci (dlg@)

arch/i386/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK_CD

  > enable jmb on all archs that support ahci, so jmicron boards will continue
  > to work (and work better in the future) (dlg@)

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK_CD

  > allow pciide to attach to jmb as well as ahci (dlg@)

arch/i386/i386

  ~ apm.c                                 ~ gdt.c

  > replace two lockmgr lock with rwlocks.
  > been in snaps for a week, no objection
  > from deraadt@ for putting this in.
  > ok tom@ (for gdt) (thib@)

arch/sparc64/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > enable jmb on all archs that support ahci, so jmicron boards will continue
  > to work (and work better in the future) (dlg@)

  ~ RAMDISK

  > Add arc/jmb/ahci here as well.
  > Suggested by and ok dlg@ (jsg@)

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK

  > allow pciide to attach to jmb as well as ahci (dlg@)

dev/pci

  ~ ahci.c                                ~ files.pci

  > pull ahci_attach apart slightly to accommodate attaching ahci(4) to things
  > other than pci(4). (dlg@)

  ~ ahci.c                                + ahcivar.h

  > move ahci_softc and the prototype for ahci_attach into a header so other
  > code will be able to see it. (dlg@)

  ~ files.pci                             + jmb.c

  > jmicron controllers are strange cos they provide both ide and sata support
  > on the same pci function. they can be configured to put the different
  > support on different pci functions after booting, but that is unreliable
  > since the kernel doesnt know enough to be able to configure the interrupts
  > properly on this new pci function.
  > this adds a "nexus" driver called jmb that will allow two drivers to attach
  > to the one pci device. this code already fixes things so ahci can attach to
  > the sata stuff. this is more reliable than switch functions on since the
  > interrupts on function 0 are configured by the firmware/bios/whatever.
  > (dlg@)

  ~ ahci.c

  > dont attach on jmicron parts now that jmb(4) does that for us. (dlg@)

  ~ jmb.c

  > dont enable the second pci function for pciide support. we're going to
  > solve this problem a different way now. (dlg@)

  ~ pci_quirks.c

  > dont force probing of high functions on jmicron controllers. we dont enable
  > function 1 anymore. (dlg@)

  ~ ahci.c                                ~ files.pci
  ~ jmb.c                                 ~ pciide.c

  > kettenis suggested that i can use pci_intr_map twice on the same device
  > safely, so i tried it and it worked great. i can reuse the pci_attach_args
  > to attach ahci and now pciide to jmb without really modifying either of
  > them. lots of code shrinks.
  > ok jsg@ (dlg@)

  ~ jmb.c

  > only attach ahci or pciide if the chip can actually support them. deal with
  > the JMB368 while here. (dlg@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > new 4965agn product Id. (damien@)

  > sync (damien@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > jmicron have a 2 port sata chip called teh jmb362 (dlg@)

  > regen (dlg@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > oops, i copied too much, fix jmb362 id (dlg@)

  > regen (dlg@)

  ~ jmb.c

  > the jmb362 should work fine (dlg@)

net80211

  ~ ieee80211_output.c

  > split ieee80211_send_mgmt() like I did for ieee80211_recv_mgmt() (damien@)

  ~ ieee80211_input.c

  > replace some letoh16(*(u_int16_t *)frm) by LE_READ_2(frm)
  > for consistency. (damien@)

  ~ ieee80211.h

  > remove a lot of unused #define
  > fix a CAPINFO name (damien@)

  ~ ieee80211_node.c                      ~ ieee80211_output.c
  ~ ieee80211_proto.h                     ~ ieee80211_var.h

  > initial bits for proper TIM support. (damien@)

  ~ ieee80211.h

  > add IEEE80211_FC1_PROTECTED flag.
  > keep IEEE80211_FC1_WEP for compatibility with pre-RSNA networks. (damien@)

  ~ ieee80211.h

  > fix REASON codes. (damien@)

  ~ ieee80211_input.c

  > split ieee80211_parse_rsn() so the same function can be used
  > to parse both WPA1 and RSN (WPA2) IEs.
  > rename ieee80211_parse_edca_params_common() into
  > ieee80211_parse_edca_params_body() while i'm here. (damien@)

  ~ ieee80211.h

  > add new ieee80211_eapol_key structure (used by the various 802.11i
  > key handshakes). (damien@)

  ~ ieee80211.h

  > remove more unused stuff. (damien@)

tcpdrop