[odc] Daily src changes for 2007-07-05

ODC auto at squish.net
Fri Jul 6 07:00:01 BST 2007

gnu/usr.bin/gcc                         sys/arch/hppa/dev
sys/arch/i386/i386                      sys/arch/mips64/mips64
sys/arch/sparc64/sparc64                sys/dev/pci
sys/net80211                            sys/sys
usr.bin/cvs                             usr.bin/whois
usr.sbin/hoststated

== gnu =============================================================== 01/04 ==

usr.bin/gcc

  ~ gcc/config.gcc

  > On OpenBSD/hppa, not all space registers are equivalent, so don't set
  > MASK_NO_SPACE_REGS.
  > ok miod (kettenis@)

== sys =============================================================== 02/04 ==

arch/hppa/dev

  ~ ssio.c

  > Print offset and irq for devices that attach to ssio(4). (kettenis@)

arch/i386/i386

  ~ pmap.c

  TAGGED OPENBSD_4_1
  > Before we free the pmap just make sure it's not cached anywhere.  This
  > fixes possible panics on amd64 machines running i386 (like intel
  > Core2Duos, AMD Opterons).
  > from thib@
  > ok deraadt@ art@
  > backport from 1.114 in -current:

  ~ pmap.c

  TAGGED OPENBSD_4_0
  > Before we free the pmap just make sure it's not cached anywhere.  This
  > fixes possible panics on amd64 machines running i386 (like intel
  > Core2Duos, AMD Opterons).
  > from thib@
  > ok deraadt@ art@
  > backport from 1.114 in -current:

arch/mips64/mips64

  ~ db_disasm.c

  > Compute the correct address and try and print a matching symbol for j and
  > jal instructions. (miod@)

arch/sparc64/sparc64

  ~ trap.c

  > Report actual faulting address (if we can) instead of the mmu tag word for
  > SIGSEGV.
  > tested by jasper@ (kettenis@)

dev/pci

  ~ if_wpi.c

  > move the logic of determining whether an extended supported rates IE is
  > needed or not to the callers (instead of doing nothing in add_xrates).
  > (damien@)

  ~ if_iwi.c

  > don't set IEEE80211_CAPINFO_ESS bit since we're not operating as an AP.
  > (damien@)

  ~ if_iwi.c

  > fixes my previous commit.
  > the ESS bit must be set in (re)assocation requests. (damien@)

net80211

  ~ ieee80211.h                           ~ ieee80211_crypto.c

  > add the pseudo-random function (PRF) and various key derivation
  > functions defined in 802.11i. (damien@)

  ~ ieee80211_crypto.c

  > add myself to the copyright list. (damien@)

  ~ ieee80211_output.c                    ~ ieee80211_proto.h
  ~ ieee80211_var.h

  > split ieee80211_add_rsn() so that the code can be reused for
  > vendor-specific IE. (damien@)

  ~ ieee80211_output.c

  > move the logic of determining whether an extended supported rates IE is
  > needed or not to the callers (instead of doing nothing in add_xrates).
  > (damien@)

  ~ ieee80211.h

  > some HT frames may have an additional HT Control field.
  > remove two comments that were misplaced while I'm here (addr4 is always
  > located after the i_seq field, not at the end of the header). (damien@)

  ~ ieee80211_output.c

  > always set the IEEE80211_CAPINFO_ESS bit in association requests.
  > fixes my 1.36 commit (the bit should not be set for non-AP STA
  > only in Probe Responses and Beacons). (damien@)

sys

  ~ socketvar.h

  > From FreeBSD:
  > Fix a bug in sblock() that has existed since revision 1.1 from BSD:
  > correctly return an error if M_NOWAIT is passed to sblock() and the
  > operation might block.  This remarkably subtle macro bug appears to
  > be responsible for quite a few undiagnosed socket buffer corruption
  > and mbuf-related kernel panics.
  > "diff is correct" todd@, "should go in asap" markus@ (dim@)

  ~ update.c

  > fix a "Device busy" error in server mode. found by ckuethe@ (joris@)

whois

  ~ whois.c

  > Remove unused variable; Lawrence Teo (millert@)

hoststated

  ~ hoststated.c                          ~ parse.y