[odc] Daily src changes for 2007-07-07

ODC auto at squish.net
Sun Jul 8 07:00:01 BST 2007

lib/libpthread                          libexec/spamd
sbin/growfs                             sbin/newfs
share/man                               sys/arch/i386/pci
sys/dev/microcode                       sys/dev/pci
sys/dev/pcmcia

== lib =============================================================== 01/05 ==

libpthread

  ~ arch/hppa/uthread_machdep_asm.S

  > On hppa, function pointers may be be pointers to PLT entries.  Handle those
  > by replicating part of $$dyncall in the code that sets up a thread's
  > initial
  > stack frame.  Also make sure we actually reserve some space for that
  > initial
  > stack frame.
  > ok miod@ (kettenis@)

== libexec =========================================================== 02/05 ==

spamd

  ~ spamd.8

  > document maximum values for -S and -s;
  > from Saint Aardvark the Carpeted, documentation/5535; (jmc@)

== sbin ============================================================== 03/05 ==

growfs

  ~ debug.c                               ~ debug.h
  ~ growfs.8                              ~ growfs.c

  > Pull in ffs2 support and other updates from FreeBSD.  OK deraadt@
  > (millert@)

newfs

  ~ mkfs.c

  > Initialize the first 2 block's worth of inodes for ffs1 as well as ffs2.
  > This was not happening since acg.cg_initediblk gets cleared for the
  > ffs1 case.	OK otto@ (millert@)

== share ============================================================= 04/05 ==

  ~ man7/hier.7

  > /altroot backup now documented in daily(8), not afterboot(8);
  > from Maximilian Gass (jmc@)

== sys =============================================================== 05/05 ==

arch/i386/pci

  ~ pci_intr_fixup.c

  > Match VIA VT8237A; from "Christoph Egger" <Christoph_Egger at gmx.de>.
  > (grange@)

dev/microcode

  ~ aic7xxx/aicasm_gram.y

  > Restore missing '(' to allow successful compilation. Bad pyr at . (krw@)

dev/pci

  ~ azalia_codec.c

  > Add support for Realtek ALC883.  This is the "value" edition of the
  > ALC882, and differs only by lacking an ADC and a mixer, so have it use
  > ALC882's get_port(), set_port() and a slightly modified version of its
  > mixer init.
  > This also works around a problem where the generic mixer init creates
  > truncated mixer item names which can't be manipulated (noticed by
  > steven@).
  > Tested by steven@, ckuethe@ and jmc at . (deanna@)

dev/pcmcia

  ~ if_malo.c