[odc] Daily src changes for 2007-06-11

ODC auto at squish.net
Tue Jun 12 07:00:01 BST 2007

distrib/notes                           lib/libc
sbin/dump                               share/man
sys/arch                                sys/arch/macppc/dev
sys/dev/pci                             sys/dev/pcmcia
sys/dev/usb                             sys/kern
sys/net                                 sys/net80211
sys/netinet                             sys/sys
usr.bin/ssh                             usr.sbin/pkg_add

== distrib =========================================================== 01/07 ==

  ~ armish/prep

  > Describe serial cable and conflicting pinouts; link to manual; reword bits.
  > ok drahn@ (ian@)

  ~ armish/prep

  > Ascii Art from jsg and a typo from jmc. (ian@)

== lib =============================================================== 02/07 ==

  ~ sys/socket.2

  > Document the Bluetooth network protocols and mention that there is
  > AF_BLUETOOTH (uwe@)

== sbin ============================================================== 03/07 ==

dump

  ~ traverse.c

  > When dumping ffs1, store old_atime and old_mtime too. (millert@)

== share ============================================================= 04/07 ==

  ~ man4/Makefile                         ~ man4/netintro.4
  + man4/bluetooth.4

  > Document the Bluetooth network protocols and mention that there is
  > AF_BLUETOOTH (uwe@)

  ~ man4/bluetooth.4

  > various clean up; (jmc@)

  ~ man4/ubt.4                            ~ man4/netintro.4

  > +.Xr bluetooth 4 , (jmc@)

  ~ man9/workq_add_task.9

  > spell tedu's name correctly.
  > ok jmc@,tedu@ (thib@)

== sys =============================================================== 05/07 ==

arch

  ~ macppc/Makefile

  > inlude powerpc/include/*.h in macppc's make tags target.
  > ok drahn@ (thib@)

arch/macppc/dev

  ~ tpms.c

  > Remove the usb_proc_ptr type definition, which was really a 'struct proc *'
  > only.
  > No binary change.
  > ok mk. (mbalmer@)

dev/pci

  ~ bktr/bktr_audio.c                     ~ bktr/bktr_card.c
  ~ bktr/bktr_core.c                      ~ bktr/bktr_os.c
  ~ bktr/bktr_os.h                        ~ bktr/bktr_reg.h
  ~ bktr/bktr_tuner.c

  > remove all FreeBSD/NetBSD specific code because we will
  > never use them and the code is much more readable now
  > ok jakemsr@ (robert@)

  ~ if_wpi.c

  > Wait for firmware command WPI_CMD_TXPOWER to complete before sending
  > the WPI_CMD_ADD_NODE command in wpi_config().
  > Fixes mp kernels.
  > Tested by jasper@, deanna@, fkr@ (damien@)

dev/pcmcia

  ~ if_malo.c

  > Handle mbuf chains in TX path.  Improve debug output. (mglocker@)

dev/usb

  ~ uow.c                                 ~ uts.c

  > usbd_devinfo_alloc() uses M_WAITOK so don't check return value.
  > From Karl Sjvdahl <dunceor at gmail.com> (jsg@)

  ~ if_aue.c                              ~ if_axe.c
  ~ if_udav.c                             ~ if_url.c
  ~ usb_port.h

  > Remove the definition and usage of the USBGETSOFTC macro, which was really
  > only a cast to (void *).
  > ok jsg. (mbalmer@)

  ~ usb_port.h                            ~ usb_subr.c
  ~ usbf_subr.c

  > Remove the definiton and usage of the USB_DO_ATTACH macro.	It was a
  > wrapper
  > around a single function only and it did not even use all of it's
  > arguments.
  > ok jsg. (mbalmer@)

  ~ ugen.c                                ~ uhid.c
  ~ usb.c                                 ~ usb_port.h
  ~ uscanner.c

  > More USB cleanup:  In usb_port.h, get rid of the sel_klist #define
  > (which was there twice without gcc complaining) and update all uses of
  > it.
  > ok jsg mbalmer (mk@)

  ~ ugen.c                                ~ uhid.c
  ~ ulpt.c                                ~ urio.c
  ~ usb.c                                 ~ usb_port.h
  ~ uscanner.c

  > Remove the definition and use of the USB_GET_SC macro, no binary change.
  > ok mk. (mbalmer@)

  ~ ugen.c                                ~ uhid.c
  ~ ulpt.c                                ~ urio.c
  ~ usb.c                                 ~ usb_port.h
  ~ uscanner.c

  > Remove the USB_GET_SC_OPEN macro.  There is a double check for sc == NULL
  > in
  > ulpt.c, I am aware of that and it will be changed later.
  > No binary change.
  > ok mk. (mbalmer@)

  ~ ucom.c                                ~ ucomvar.h
  ~ ugen.c                                ~ uhid.c
  ~ ukbd.c                                ~ ulpt.c
  ~ umodem.c                              ~ ums.c
  ~ uplcom.c                              ~ urio.c
  ~ usb.c                                 ~ usb_port.h
  ~ usbf.c                                ~ uscanner.c

  > Remove the usb_proc_ptr type definition, which was really a 'struct proc *'
  > only.
  > No binary change.
  > ok mk. (mbalmer@)

kern

  ~ kern_workq.c

  > kill unneeded include;
  > (stdarg.h, leftover from the vararg's idea).
  > ok tedu@ (thib@)

net

  ~ pfvar.h

  > move definitions for the flags in the mbuf header used by pf to mbuf.h
  > since we include the mbuf header parts for pf unconditionally, we should
  > be able to check them unconditionally as well. ok mcbride markus (henning@)

net80211

  ~ ieee80211.h                           ~ ieee80211_output.c
  ~ ieee80211_var.h

  > adds 802.11e EDCA tables for QAPs and non-AP QSTAs.
  > not used yet.
  > ok jsg@ deraadt@ (damien@)

  ~ ieee80211.h

  > remove unused structure. (damien@)

netinet

  ~ ip_icmp.c                             ~ tcp_input.c
  ~ udp_usrreq.c

  > there was code inside #if NPF > 0, but pf.h was not included, so it did
  > not get build. the code looks at flags that used to be in mbuf tags, now
  > they are in the mbuf header, so we can check them unconditionally.
  > problem spotted by Daniel Roethlisberger <daniel at roe.ch>, ok ryan markus
  > (henning@)

sys

  ~ mbuf.h

  > move definitions for the flags in the mbuf header used by pf to mbuf.h
  > since we include the mbuf header parts for pf unconditionally, we should
  > be able to check them unconditionally as well. ok mcbride markus (henning@)

  ~ channels.c

  > send 'window adjust' messages every tree packets and do not wait
  > until 50% of the window is consumed.  ok djm dtucker (markus@)

  ~ channels.h

  > increase default channel windows; ok djm (markus@)

  ~ pkg_add                               ~ OpenBSD/Vstat.pm

  > keep on extracting stuff (espie@)

  ~ pkg_add