[odc] Daily src changes for 2007-06-18

ODC auto at squish.net
Tue Jun 19 07:00:01 BST 2007

distrib/notes                           distrib/sets
lib/libkvm                              sbin/disklabel
share/man                               sys/arch/amd64/amd64
sys/arch/amd64/stand/libsa              sys/arch/arm/arm
sys/arch/aviion/aviion                  sys/arch/hp300/include
sys/arch/hppa/dev                       sys/arch/hppa/hppa
sys/arch/hppa/include                   sys/arch/hppa64/hppa64
sys/arch/hppa64/include                 sys/arch/i386/i386
sys/arch/i386/stand/libsa               sys/arch/landisk/landisk
sys/arch/luna88k/luna88k                sys/arch/macppc/include
sys/arch/macppc/macppc                  sys/arch/mips64/conf
sys/arch/mips64/include                 sys/arch/mips64/mips64
sys/arch/mvme68k/include                sys/arch/mvme68k/mvme68k
sys/arch/mvme88k/include                sys/arch/mvme88k/mvme88k
sys/arch/mvmeppc/mvmeppc                sys/arch/sgi/conf
sys/arch/sgi/include                    sys/arch/sgi/localbus
sys/arch/sgi/sgi                        sys/arch/sparc/sparc
sys/arch/sparc64/sparc64                sys/dev
sys/dev/ata                             sys/dev/dec
sys/dev/isa                             sys/dev/pci
sys/dev/tc                              sys/dev/usb
sys/miscfs/fifofs                       sys/miscfs/portal
sys/miscfs/procfs                       sys/miscfs/specfs
sys/scsi                                sys/uvm
usr.bin/at                              usr.bin/cvs
usr.bin/touch                           usr.sbin/hoststated
usr.sbin/pkg_add

== distrib =========================================================== 01/07 ==

  ~ armish/prep

  > Firmware version warning; several re-wordings.
  > Improved by deraadt at . (ian@)

sets

  ~ lists/base/md.sgi                     ~ lists/comp/md.sgi

  > sync (deraadt@)

== lib =============================================================== 02/07 ==

libkvm

  ~ kvm_proc.c

  > Bring back Mickey's UVM anon change. Testing by thib@, beck@ and
  > ckuethe@ for a while. Okay beck@, "it is good timing" deraadt at . (pedro@)

== sbin ============================================================== 03/07 ==

disklabel

  ~ Makefile

  > typo (deraadt@)

  ~ disklabel.c

  > -r will die. Until then, make sure any labels it dredges up are
  > converted to v1 format before being used.
  > ok deraadt@ otto@ (krw@)

  ~ disklabel.c

  > If disklabel(8) is run against unreadable media (e.g. a blank cd)
  > don't say "can't read master boot record". Just display an empty
  > disklabel. Really yucky code that needs a lot of tough love, but
  > marginally less confusing until then.
  > ok deraadt@ (krw@)

== share ============================================================= 04/07 ==

  ~ man7/hier.7

  > addd /usr/xobj/; from Martynas Venckus (jmc@)

== sys =============================================================== 05/07 ==

  ~ disksubr.c

  > this XXX has no place here anymore.  extended partition label writing
  > might even work now (ie. if it works, it is because finding the label
  > location is now MI code shared for the read & write paths) (deraadt@)

  ~ disksubr.c

  > simplify error return case from writedisklabel() (deraadt@)

arch/amd64/stand/libsa

  ~ diskprobe.c

  > Calculate the disklabel checksum *after* filling in all the fields in
  > the disklabel.
  > ok deraadt@ (krw@)

arch/arm/arm

  ~ disksubr.c

  > this XXX has no place here anymore.  extended partition label writing
  > might even work now (ie. if it works, it is because finding the label
  > location is now MI code shared for the read & write paths) (deraadt@)

  ~ disksubr.c

  > simplify error return case from writedisklabel(), too (deraadt@)

arch/aviion/aviion

  ~ disksubr.c

  > this XXX has no place here anymore.  extended partition label writing
  > might even work now (ie. if it works, it is because finding the label
  > location is now MI code shared for the read & write paths) (deraadt@)

  ~ disksubr.c

  > simplify error return case from writedisklabel() (deraadt@)

arch/hp300/include

  ~ disklabel.h

  > delete comment above cpu_disklabel that is not needed (deraadt@)

arch/hppa/dev

  ~ apic.c

  > Lookup interrupt routing info based on elroy(4) bus number.
  > Fix and simplify debug code that prints the interrupt routing info while
  > I'm there. (kettenis@)

arch/hppa/hppa

  ~ disksubr.c

  > simplify error return case from writedisklabel() (deraadt@)

  ~ disksubr.c

  > Don't use cpu_disklabel as local storage. Use local variables and discard
  > the unneeded info when done with it. Another empty struct cpu_disklabel.
  > ok deraadt@ (krw@)

arch/hppa/include

  ~ disklabel.h

  > Don't use cpu_disklabel as local storage. Use local variables and discard
  > the unneeded info when done with it. Another empty struct cpu_disklabel.
  > ok deraadt@ (krw@)

arch/hppa64/hppa64

  ~ disksubr.c

  > simplify error return case from writedisklabel() (deraadt@)

  ~ disksubr.c

  > Don't use cpu_disklabel as local storage. Use local variables and discard
  > the unneeded info when done with it. Another empty struct cpu_disklabel.
  > ok deraadt@ (krw@)

arch/hppa64/include

  ~ disklabel.h

  > Don't use cpu_disklabel as local storage. Use local variables and discard
  > the unneeded info when done with it. Another empty struct cpu_disklabel.
  > ok deraadt@ (krw@)

arch/i386/i386

  ~ disksubr.c

  > this XXX has no place here anymore.  extended partition label writing
  > might even work now (ie. if it works, it is because finding the label
  > location is now MI code shared for the read & write paths) (deraadt@)

  ~ disksubr.c

  > simplify error return case from writedisklabel() (deraadt@)

arch/i386/stand/libsa

  ~ diskprobe.c

  > Calculate the disklabel checksum *after* filling in all the fields in
  > the disklabel.
  > ok deraadt@ (krw@)

arch/landisk/landisk

  ~ disksubr.c

  > this XXX has no place here anymore.  extended partition label writing
  > might even work now (ie. if it works, it is because finding the label
  > location is now MI code shared for the read & write paths) (deraadt@)

  ~ disksubr.c

  > simplify error return case from writedisklabel() (deraadt@)

arch/luna88k/luna88k

  ~ disksubr.c

  > using same words in similar code sequences is good (deraadt@)

arch/macppc/include

  ~ disklabel.h

  > split out dpme disklabel reading, simplifying things significantly
  > and making it look a lot more like other architectures; tested by
  > myself and drahn and gwk (deraadt@)

arch/macppc/macppc

  ~ disksubr.c

  > split out dpme disklabel reading, simplifying things significantly
  > and making it look a lot more like other architectures; tested by
  > myself and drahn and gwk (deraadt@)

arch/mips64/conf

  ~ files.mips64

  > this is the sgi disksubr, not some mythical "all mips64 architectures can
  > use it" balony (deraadt@)

arch/mips64/include

  ~ cpu.h

  > Use a shorter form to load XKPHYS constants in .S code, shaves a few text
  > bytes, no functional change. (miod@)

  - disklabel.h

  > this is the sgi disklabel, mips64 is not the same (deraadt@)

arch/mips64/mips64

  ~ disksubr.c

  > simplify error return case from writedisklabel() (deraadt@)

  ~ interrupt.c

  > Disable instruction reordering around cpl assignments. (miod@)

  ~ cache_r10k.S                          ~ cache_r5k.S

  > Use a shorter form to load XKPHYS constants in .S code, shaves a few text
  > bytes, no functional change. (miod@)

  - disksubr.c

  > this is the sgi disksubr, not some mythical "all mips64 architectures can
  > use it" balony (deraadt@)

arch/mvme68k/include

  ~ disklabel.h

  > move comment to right place (deraadt@)

arch/mvme68k/mvme68k

  ~ disksubr.c

  > include not needed (deraadt@)

arch/mvme88k/include

  ~ disklabel.h

  > move comment to right place (deraadt@)

arch/mvme88k/mvme88k

  ~ disksubr.c

  > include not needed (deraadt@)

arch/mvmeppc/mvmeppc

  ~ disksubr.c

  > this XXX has no place here anymore.  extended partition label writing
  > might even work now (ie. if it works, it is because finding the label
  > location is now MI code shared for the read & write paths) (deraadt@)

  ~ disksubr.c

  > simplify error return case from writedisklabel() (deraadt@)

arch/sgi/conf

  ~ files.sgi

  > this is the sgi disksubr, not some mythical "all mips64 architectures can
  > use it" balony (deraadt@)

arch/sgi/include

  ~ disklabel.h

  > this is the sgi disklabel, mips64 is not the same (deraadt@)

arch/sgi/localbus

  ~ macebus.c

  > Disable instruction reordering around cpl assignments. (miod@)

arch/sgi/sgi

  ~ genassym.cf

  > Use a shorter form to load XKPHYS constants in .S code, shaves a few text
  > bytes, no functional change. (miod@)

  + disksubr.c

  > this is the sgi disksubr, not some mythical "all mips64 architectures can
  > use it" balony (deraadt@)

arch/sparc/sparc

  ~ disksubr.c

  > msg is already gauranteed to be NULL (deraadt@)

  ~ disksubr.c

  > using same words in similar code sequences is good (deraadt@)

  ~ disksubr.c

  > more comments that are different (deraadt@)

arch/sparc64/sparc64

  ~ disksubr.c

  > msg is already gauranteed to be NULL (deraadt@)

  ~ disksubr.c

  > using same words in similar code sequences is good (deraadt@)

dev

  ~ ramdisk.c

  > Implement DIOCRLDINFO, DIOCGPDINFO and DIOCGPART. Tweak DIOCGDINFO to
  > avoid unnecessary rdgetdisklabel() call.
  > requested by & ok deraadt@ (krw@)

  ~ ramdisk.c

  > avoid modification race in DIOCRLDINFO; ok krw miod (deraadt@)

dev/ata

  ~ wd.c

  > avoid modification race in DIOCRLDINFO; ok krw miod (deraadt@)

dev/dec

  ~ if_le_dec.c

  > fix pasto's
  > from janjaap at stack.nl (jasper@)

dev/isa

  ~ mcd.c

  > avoid modification race in DIOCRLDINFO; ok krw miod (deraadt@)

dev/pci

  ~ bktr/bktr_os.c

  > remove newline in dmesg that slipped in in last commit
  > go ahead robert@ (jakemsr@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > another geforce variant (martin@)

  > regen (martin@)

dev/tc

  ~ if_le_ioasic.c

  > fix pasto's
  > from janjaap at stack.nl (jasper@)

dev/usb

  ~ umodem.c

  > Use the right interface id when iterating over the control interface
  > endpoints.
  > bug found and patch provided by Marc Winiger <mw at msys.ch>.
  > ok dlg. (mbalmer@)

  ~ usbdi.c                               ~ usbdi.h

  > KNF, especially re-indent prototypes.  No binary change.
  > ok dlg. (mbalmer@)

  ~ usbdi_util.c

  > KNF after macro removals, no binary change.
  > ok dlg. (mbalmer@)

miscfs/fifofs

  ~ fifo_vnops.c

  > ansify/de-register.
  > no binary change (jasper@)

miscfs/portal

  ~ portal_vfsops.c                       ~ portal_vnops.c

  > ansify/de-register.
  > no binary change (jasper@)

miscfs/procfs

  ~ procfs_cmdline.c                      ~ procfs_ctl.c
  ~ procfs_linux.c                        ~ procfs_note.c
  ~ procfs_status.c                       ~ procfs_subr.c
  ~ procfs_vfsops.c                       ~ procfs_vnops.c

  > ansify/de-register.
  > no binary change (jasper@)

miscfs/specfs

  ~ spec_vnops.c

  > ansify/de-register.
  > no binary change (jasper@)

scsi

  ~ cd.c                                  ~ sd.c

  > avoid modification race in DIOCRLDINFO; ok krw miod (deraadt@)

uvm

  ~ uvm.h                                 ~ uvm_amap.c
  ~ uvm_amap.h                            ~ uvm_amap_i.h
  ~ uvm_anon.c                            ~ uvm_anon.h
  ~ uvm_fault.c                           ~ uvm_init.c
  ~ uvm_loan.c                            ~ uvm_map.c
  ~ uvm_mmap.c                            ~ uvm_page.c
  ~ uvm_pdaemon.c                         ~ uvm_swap.c

  > Bring back Mickey's UVM anon change. Testing by thib@, beck@ and
  > ckuethe@ for a while. Okay beck@, "it is good timing" deraadt at . (pedro@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 06/07 ==

at

  ~ at.c

  > Fix typo introduced in seconds parsing.  From Tim van der Molen. (millert@)

cvs

  ~ Makefile                              ~ checkout.c
  ~ cmd.c                                 ~ commit.c
  ~ cvs.h                                 ~ tag.c
  ~ update.c                              + history.c

  > first stab at history stuff for opencvs, currently only writes
  > to CVSROOT/history but cannot parse it yet with the 'history' command.
  > "Commit it." ray@ (joris@)

touch

  ~ touch.c

  > Fix typo introduced in seconds parsing.  From Tim van der Molen. (millert@)

hoststated

  ~ hoststated.h

  > we're going to need more room for flags (again).
  > promote the field to u_int32_t.
  > no impact on hoststatectl. (pyr@)

pkg_add

  ~ OpenBSD/Add.pm                        ~ OpenBSD/Delete.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/PackingElement.pm             ~ OpenBSD/Replace.pm

  > add tag no shadow, to allow us to specify that we do NOT want tempfiles
  > into some directories.
  > a few minor style tweaks, such as using a nice join(map()) to build some
  > strings. (espie@)

  ~ OpenBSD/Dependencies.pm

  > more uniform: all deps routines should be methods, even if they don't
  > use the data. (espie@)

  ~ OpenBSD/Dependencies.pm

  > reorganize lookup_library so I can reuse the exact same algorithm to
  > look up different things (in particular, the incremental lookup through
  > dependencies). (espie@)

  ~ OpenBSD/Dependencies.pm