[odc] Daily src changes for 2007-06-27

ODC auto at squish.net
Thu Jun 28 07:00:01 BST 2007

sys/arch/amd64/stand/libsa              sys/arch/amd64/stand/pxeboot
sys/arch/i386/i386                      sys/arch/i386/stand/libsa
sys/arch/i386/stand/pxeboot             sys/arch/zaurus/stand/zboot
sys/dev/pci                             usr.bin/awk
usr.bin/checknr                         usr.bin/cvs
usr.bin/sdiff                           usr.sbin/tcpdump

== sys =============================================================== 01/03 ==

arch/amd64/stand/libsa

  ~ dev_i386.c

  > wt(4) was removed a while ago, so don't support booting off it anoymore.
  > i386/amd64 was ok tom
  > zaurus ok drahn (mk@)

arch/amd64/stand/pxeboot

  ~ devopen.c

  > wt(4) was removed a while ago, so don't support booting off it anoymore.
  > i386/amd64 was ok tom
  > zaurus ok drahn (mk@)

arch/i386/i386

  ~ pmap.c

  > According to Intel errata:
  > "AI91 - Update of attribute bits on page directories without immediate
  > tlb shootdown may cause unexpected processor behavior.".
  > When we're allocating kernel page tables, we use the generic page table
  > allocation function that sets PG_u then we immediately remove the PG_u.
  > This might not be enough, because the PDE can get preloaded into the
  > translation cache before we clear the PG_u. So even without the errata,
  > this could cause us horrible trouble.
  > Instead of first entering the PDE with PG_u and then removing it for
  > kernel page tables, just enter it with the right bits every time.
  > tom@ ok (art@)

arch/i386/stand/libsa

  ~ dev_i386.c

  > wt(4) was removed a while ago, so don't support booting off it anoymore.
  > i386/amd64 was ok tom
  > zaurus ok drahn (mk@)

arch/i386/stand/pxeboot

  ~ devopen.c

  > wt(4) was removed a while ago, so don't support booting off it anoymore.
  > i386/amd64 was ok tom
  > zaurus ok drahn (mk@)

arch/zaurus/stand/zboot

  ~ devopen.c

  > wt(4) was removed a while ago, so don't support booting off it anoymore.
  > i386/amd64 was ok tom
  > zaurus ok drahn (mk@)

dev/pci

  ~ if_msk.c

  > Shrink code by not using __inline without static; like we did for sk(4).
  > From brad at comstyle dot com. (kettenis@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 02/03 ==

awk

  ~ awk.1

  > printf(1) is the correct reference here, not printf(3);
  > from otto; ok millert (jmc@)

checknr

  ~ checknr.c

  > From Tobias Stoeckmann:
  > - Fix a file descriptor leak.
  > - Print usage if -a and -c flags are passed a zero-length string.
  > OK millert and moritz (ray@)

cvs

  ~ checkout.c                            ~ client.c
  ~ cvs.h                                 ~ update.c

  > We were missing the needed clue/magic to have our remote setup
  > handle files that have been removed from the repository
  > correctly, which resulted in them still being in the working copy
  > after doing an update.
  > noticed and diff tested by ckuethe at . (joris@)

  ~ diff.c

  > fix diff output in a remote setup so our client does not freak out.
  > noticed and "yes, that's much shinier" by ckuethe. (joris@)

  ~ cmd.c                                 ~ cvs.h

  > Remove last bits about login and logout commands, which will never be
  > implemented anyway. OK ray@ niallo at . (xsa@)

  ~ client.c                              ~ remote.h
  ~ server.c

  > have the server be more strict about the requests the client
  > sends that need a 'Directory' request first, so we do not
  > end up with very weird and possibly insecure behaviour.
  > more soon!
  > ok niallo@ ray@ xsa@ (joris@)

sdiff

  ~ sdiff.c

  > Add missing undocumented --ignore-case flag, to improve compatibility
  > with GNU sdiff.
  > From Steven Kreuzer <skreuzer () exit2shell ! com> (ray@)

tcpdump

  ~ print-ip.c                            ~ print-ip6.c
  ~ print-atalk.c