[odc] Daily src changes for 2007-03-20

ODC auto at squish.net
Wed Mar 21 07:00:45 GMT 2007

bin/md5                                 bin/rcp
distrib/alpha                           distrib/sets
games/arithmetic                        games/hunt
kerberosV                               lib/libcurses
lib/libform                             lib/libpthread
lib/libskey                             lib/libssl
lib/libusbhid                           lib/libutil
sbin/bioctl                             sbin/mount_ados
sbin/mount_msdos                        share/man
sys/arch/macppc/dev                     sys/arch/macppc/include
sys/arch/macppc/macppc                  sys/arch/powerpc/include
sys/arch/powerpc/powerpc                sys/arch/sparc64/include
sys/arch/sparc64/sparc64                sys/dev
sys/dev/acpi                            sys/dev/ata
sys/dev/ic                              sys/dev/pci
sys/kern                                sys/net
usr.bin/aucat                           usr.bin/chpass
usr.bin/column                          usr.bin/encrypt
usr.bin/fmt                             usr.bin/hexdump
usr.bin/less                            usr.bin/mail
usr.bin/make                            usr.bin/man
usr.bin/newsyslog                       usr.bin/passwd
usr.bin/rsh                             usr.bin/sed
usr.bin/ssh                             usr.bin/systat
usr.bin/tset                            usr.bin/vi
usr.bin/whatis                          usr.bin/xlint
usr.sbin/afs                            usr.sbin/amd
usr.sbin/bind                           usr.sbin/catman
usr.sbin/config                         usr.sbin/faithd
usr.sbin/httpd

== bin =============================================================== 01/10 ==

md5

  ~ md5.c                                 ~ cksum.1

  > augment the -q option, now if specifed with -c (checklist)
  > it will only print out the failed cases.
  > OK millert@ (thib@)

rcp

  ~ rcp.c

  > sync usage(); from Igor Sobrado
  > i also ripped some kerberos ifdefs out of usage(), which is ok biorn (jmc@)

== distrib =========================================================== 02/10 ==

alpha

  ~ common/Makefile.inc

  > Don't use newfs -d 0, it has been the default for over a decade now.
  > Okay deraadt at .edro@)

sets

  ~ lists/man/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

== games ============================================================= 03/10 ==

  http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/games

arithmetic

  ~ arithmetic.c

  > remove some bogus *p tests from charles longeau
  > ok deraadt millert (tedu@)

hunt

  ~ huntd/conf.c

  > remove some bogus *p tests from charles longeau
  > ok deraadt millert (tedu@)

== kerberosV ========================================================= 04/10 ==

  http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/kerberosV

kerberosV

  ~ src/appl/test/http_client.c

  > remove *p (tedu@)

== lib =============================================================== 05/10 ==

libcurses

  ~ tinfo/comp_hash.c

  > remove some bogus *p tests from charles longeau
  > ok deraadt millert (tedu@)

libform

  ~ fty_alnum.c                           ~ fty_alpha.c
  ~ fty_ipv4.c

  > remove some bogus *p tests from charles longeau
  > ok deraadt millert (tedu@)

libpthread

  ~ uthread/pthread_private.h

  > Remove duplicate definition of _POSIX_THREAD_ATTR_STACKSIZE and quiet
  > build warnings noticed by david at .ay millert@ marc@ (kurt@)

libskey

  ~ skeylogin.c

  > remove some bogus *p tests from charles longeau
  > ok deraadt millert (tedu@)

libssl

  ~ src/crypto/conf/conf_mod.c            ~ src/crypto/ocsp/ocsp_ht.c
  ~ src/crypto/x509v3/v3_utl.c

  > remove some bogus *p tests from charles longeau
  > ok deraadt millert (tedu@)

libusbhid

  ~ usage.c

  > remove some bogus *p from charles longeau
  > ok deraadt millert (tedu@)

libutil

  ~ fmt_scaled.c

  > remove some bogus *p from charles longeau
  > ok deraadt millert (tedu@)

== sbin ============================================================== 06/10 ==

bioctl

  ~ bioctl.8                              ~ bioctl.c

  > document softraid and bioctl creation of softraid
  > ok marco@, help from jmc@ (todd@)

  ~ bioctl.8

  > tweaks; (jmc@)

  ~ bioctl.c

  > sync usage() w/ synopsis; (jmc@)

  ~ bioctl.c

  > further clean usage(); ok todd (jmc@)

mount_ados

  ~ mount_ados.c

  > remove some bogus *p, from charles longeau
  > ok deraadt millert (tedu@)

mount_msdos

  ~ mount_msdos.c

  > remove some bogus *p, from charles longeau
  > ok deraadt millert (tedu@)

== share ============================================================= 07/10 ==

  ~ man4/Makefile                         + man4/softraid.4

  > document softraid and bioctl creation of softraid
  > ok marco@, help from jmc@ (todd@)

  ~ man4/softraid.4

  > new sentence, new line; (jmc@)

  ~ man4/ahci.4

  > document that scsibus is what attaches to ahci. ahci controllers can also
  > appear as pciide when configued in a compat mode. (dlg@)

  ~ man4/ahci.4

  > wow, i suck. two fixes by Matthew R. Dempsey for my dumb mistakes. (dlg@)

  ~ man8/afterboot.8

  > steps on kernel building + modifying are already contained in
  > config(8). instead of duplicating them here, just point people to
  > config(8). (jmc@)

  ~ man8/afterboot.8

  > cut SEE ALSO down to a sane size; (jmc@)

  ~ man8/boot_config.8

  > document the args to the "timezone" command;
  > fixes documentation/5403: dst argument not defined in config manpage
  > from James Hartley (jmc@)

  ~ man5/changelist.5

  > some updates/improvements for BUGS; (jmc@)

  ~ man4/ne.4

  > Mention Billionton Systems CFLT2-10B CF adapter here also. (jsg@)

== sys =============================================================== 08/10 ==

arch/macppc/dev

  ~ mesh.c

  > Spring cleaning: some whitespace, clean up the failure path in the attach
  > routine, and check the return of the mapiodev, and dbdma_create functions.
  > Tested on Power Macintosh 9500MP and a 9600MP.
  > "the diff looks fine to me." dlg@ (gwk@)

  ~ macintr.c                             ~ openpic.c

  > Move macppc to __HAVE_CPUINFO, and make locore.S and trap.c suitable for
  > MULTIPROCESSOR.  From now on sprg0 holds a pointer to struct cpuinfo, which
  > is used to spill registers to during trap instead of the globals we used to
  > use for that purpose.  Bits and pieces from NetBSD.  Help from drahn@ and
  > art at .  > Tested by xsa@, thib@, miod@, gwk@, deraadt at .  > ok drahn@, gwk@ (kettenis@)

arch/macppc/include

  + lock.h

  > Move macppc to __HAVE_CPUINFO, and make locore.S and trap.c suitable for
  > MULTIPROCESSOR.  From now on sprg0 holds a pointer to struct cpuinfo, which
  > is used to spill registers to during trap instead of the globals we used to
  > use for that purpose.  Bits and pieces from NetBSD.  Help from drahn@ and
  > art at .  > Tested by xsa@, thib@, miod@, gwk@, deraadt at .  > ok drahn@, gwk@ (kettenis@)

arch/macppc/macppc

  ~ clock.c                               ~ cpu.c
  ~ genassym.cf                           ~ locore.S
  ~ machdep.c

  > Move macppc to __HAVE_CPUINFO, and make locore.S and trap.c suitable for
  > MULTIPROCESSOR.  From now on sprg0 holds a pointer to struct cpuinfo, which
  > is used to spill registers to during trap instead of the globals we used to
  > use for that purpose.  Bits and pieces from NetBSD.  Help from drahn@ and
  > art at .  > Tested by xsa@, thib@, miod@, gwk@, deraadt at .  > ok drahn@, gwk@ (kettenis@)

arch/powerpc/include

  ~ _types.h                              ~ cpu.h
  ~ intr.h                                ~ pcb.h
  + lock.h

  > Move macppc to __HAVE_CPUINFO, and make locore.S and trap.c suitable for
  > MULTIPROCESSOR.  From now on sprg0 holds a pointer to struct cpuinfo, which
  > is used to spill registers to during trap instead of the globals we used to
  > use for that purpose.  Bits and pieces from NetBSD.  Help from drahn@ and
  > art at .  > Tested by xsa@, thib@, miod@, gwk@, deraadt at .  > ok drahn@, gwk@ (kettenis@)

arch/powerpc/powerpc

  ~ fpu.c                                 ~ process_machdep.c
  ~ trap.c                                ~ vm_machdep.c

  > Move macppc to __HAVE_CPUINFO, and make locore.S and trap.c suitable for
  > MULTIPROCESSOR.  From now on sprg0 holds a pointer to struct cpuinfo, which
  > is used to spill registers to during trap instead of the globals we used to
  > use for that purpose.  Bits and pieces from NetBSD.  Help from drahn@ and
  > art at .  > Tested by xsa@, thib@, miod@, gwk@, deraadt at .  > ok drahn@, gwk@ (kettenis@)

arch/sparc64/include

  ~ param.h

  > Remove unused ALIGN32 macro.  It wouldn't work anyway, since
  > ALIGNBYTES32 has been gone for years.
  > ok art (deanna@)

arch/sparc64/sparc64

  ~ locore.s

  > typo in comment
  > ok jmc@ (todd@)

dev

  ~ bio.c

  > Use queue.h macros instead of home made for thingy.
  > From tbert <bret.lambert at gmail.commarco@)

  ~ softraid.c

  > Fake out target id for bioc_disk. (marco@)

  ~ softraid.c

  > Hook up sd ioctl. (marco@)

dev/acpi

  ~ acpibat.c

  > Use aml_val2int() instead of accessing v_integer directly.
  > `sort of ok' marco (before lock) (mk@)

dev/ata

  ~ atascsi.c                             ~ atascsi.h

  > Change API for struct ata_xfer allocation to move it into the device that
  > atascsi will be driving, and add it to the AHCI CCB.
  > This effectively gives us all the resources we need for a transfer in one
  > hit, meaning that we don't need to worry about whether we will have a pool
  > shortage or not enough CCBs.  The SCSI mid layer should take care to never
  > exceed the number of CCBs we have available, based on our sc_link.openings.
  > (pascoe@)

  ~ atascsi.c                             ~ atascsi.h

  > Instead of having a copy of every register that we will issue in the
  > ata_cmd,
  > simply include a pointer to the command FIS that we will issue to the
  > device.
  > Include another space where we can copy back an error register set from a
  > failed command.
  > This means that we can now build and issue arbitrary commands from atascsi,
  > and retrieve errors back. (pascoe@)

  ~ atascsi.c

  > Add support for issuing sector read/write commands. (pascoe@)

  ~ atascsi.c

  > Calculate the residual and copy it back to the scsi_xfer, so that RW
  > actually
  > works.
  > From dlg@ (pascoe@)

  ~ atascsi.c                             ~ atascsi.h

  > Request "descriptor processed" interrupts only for PIO requests (inquiry,
  > etc), and request that the D2H FIS at the completion of all (DMA) commands
  > generate an interrupt.
  > This makes each data transfer generate one interrupt instead of two and
  > should guarantee that the interrupt that is generated actually arrives
  > after the command has completed. (pascoe@)

  ~ atascsi.c                             ~ atascsi.h

  > nothing from wdc, wd, or any of the existing ata stuff pls. this gets rid
  > of the wdcreg.h include in atascsi.
  > "feel free to remove" pascoe@ (dlg@)

  ~ atascsi.h

  > Add timeout handling for ATA commands. (pascoe@)

  ~ atascsi.h

  > reorder slightly. ata bits before atascsi (dlg@)

  ~ atascsi.c                             ~ atascsi.h

  > move ata command definitions from atascsi.c to atascsi.h (dlg@)

  ~ atascsi.c                             ~ atascsi.h

  > Add support for ATA PACKET commands.  This should make ATAPI cdrom drives,
  > etc, just work. (pascoe@)

  ~ atascsi.c

  > Cap the device size we present to 2TB, just in case someone attaches
  > something really big.  The SCSI layer isn't yet ready for it. (pascoe@)

  ~ atascsi.c

  > Move common completion handling into ata_exec itself.  Removes a double
  > free
  > in the inquiry error paths, as the HBA will have already completed the
  > ata_xfer with an error.
  > Reminder and ok dlg@ (pascoe@)

  ~ atascsi.c

  > Oops, remove some unused variables and unmangle a command name. (pascoe@)

  ~ atascsi.c

  > Tag ATAPI transfers that have no data phase correctly, otherwise the
  > command
  > isn't sent to the device. (pascoe@)

  ~ atascsi.c

  > Basic FLUSH CACHE support.
  > Note that the ATA spec says we're should retry after error until we see no
  > more errors.  This is not (yet) implemented. (pascoe@)

  ~ atascsi.h

  > add missing FLUSH_CACHE commands. (dlg@)

  ~ atascsi.c

  > Be sure to reset ata_xfer flags for all PACKET transfers, otherwise we
  > could pick up a previous ATA_F_POLL from a previous non-data command.
  > (pascoe@)

dev/ic

  ~ aac.c

  > missing include and also use time_uptime as art suggested; compiles now
  > (mickey@)

  ~ com_subr.c

  > on com_console we need a little delay to let fifo flush itself before
  > resetting it and stuff to avoid garbled dmesg output; found on some arm
  > (mickey@)

  ~ bcw.c                                 ~ bcwreg.h
  ~ bcwvar.h

  > Read the whole SPROM content with a single routine to a own sprom struct.
  > For those people who have reported about broken MAC address at attach
  > time, this should fix the problem. (mglocker@)

  ~ bcw.c

  > Document some routines by pointing to the refering specs URL. (mglocker@)

  ~ com_subr.c

  > An complete lack of peer review before this is commited means it gets
  > pulled.
  > No exceptions. (deraadt@)

  ~ bcw.c                                 ~ bcwreg.h

  > Fix crystal on/off routine (no more panic).  Add two new routines to
  > set and clear the device's MAC filter. (mglocker@)

dev/pci

  ~ ahci.c

  > Change API for struct ata_xfer allocation to move it into the device that
  > atascsi will be driving, and add it to the AHCI CCB.
  > This effectively gives us all the resources we need for a transfer in one
  > hit, meaning that we don't need to worry about whether we will have a pool
  > shortage or not enough CCBs.  The SCSI mid layer should take care to never
  > exceed the number of CCBs we have available, based on our sc_link.openings.
  > (pascoe@)

  ~ ahci.c

  > Instead of having a copy of every register that we will issue in the
  > ata_cmd,
  > simply include a pointer to the command FIS that we will issue to the
  > device.
  > Include another space where we can copy back an error register set from a
  > failed command.
  > This means that we can now build and issue arbitrary commands from atascsi,
  > and retrieve errors back. (pascoe@)

  ~ ahci.c

  > Split PRDT unload out into its own function, for symmetry. (pascoe@)

  ~ ahci.c

  > Calculate the residual and copy it back to the scsi_xfer, so that RW
  > actually
  > works.
  > From dlg@ (pascoe@)

  ~ ahci.c

  > Request "descriptor processed" interrupts only for PIO requests (inquiry,
  > etc), and request that the D2H FIS at the completion of all (DMA) commands
  > generate an interrupt.
  > This makes each data transfer generate one interrupt instead of two and
  > should guarantee that the interrupt that is generated actually arrives
  > after the command has completed. (pascoe@)

  ~ ahci.c

  > Minor style fixup. (pascoe@)

  ~ ahci.c

  > Spec says we can't write anything other than the global host control
  > register
  > before we enable AHCI, so enable it before resetting saved capabilities.
  > (pascoe@)

  ~ ahci.c

  > Add timeout handling for ATA commands. (pascoe@)

  ~ ahci.c

  > Catch failed commands and copy the error taskfile back to the ata_cmd,
  > so that atascsi can deal with it. (pascoe@)

  ~ ahci.c

  > Add support for ATA PACKET commands.  This should make ATAPI cdrom drives,
  > etc, just work. (pascoe@)

  ~ ahci.c

  > commit the rest of the jmicron ids. jsg has been trying to get me to add
  > these since last year, but i didnt see the point till the code would be
  > useful anywhere. (dlg@)

  ~ ahci.c

  > Our timeout and error handlers complete the commands for us, so we should
  > always return ATA_COMPLETE in the polled transfer case.  Also, respect the
  > passed in timeout value when polling. (pascoe@)

  ~ ahci.c

  > Use ALLOCNOW flag when creating PRDT dmamap, otherwise it could fail during
  > error handling. (pascoe@)

kern

  ~ exec_elf.c

  > zap unused variable.
  > ok pedro@ (thib@)

  ~ tty_nmea.c

  > swiss spelling (deraadt@)

net

  ~ pf_table.c

  > do not use out of scope variable in macros -- only use the macro arguments
  > passed; makes it less of nfs kind of code; henning@ ok (mickey@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 09/10 ==

aucat

  ~ aucat.c

  > Support for playing simple RIFF files (.wav) from Simon Effenberg, savar
  > at schuldeigen de, with some tweaks from me.  ok millert, tests ckuethe,
  > liked by some disliked by nobody, but he's not even a real user :) (uwe@)

chpass

  ~ edit.c

  > remove some bogus *p tests from charles longeau
  > ok deraadt millert (tedu@)

column

  ~ column.c

  > remove some bogus *p tests from charles longeau
  > ok deraadt millert (tedu@)

encrypt

  ~ encrypt.c

  > remove some bogus *p tests from charles longeau
  > ok deraadt millert (tedu@)

fmt

  ~ fmt.c

  > remove some bogus *p tests from charles longeau
  > ok deraadt millert (tedu@)

hexdump

  ~ parse.c

  > remove some bogus *p tests from charles longeau
  > ok deraadt millert (tedu@)

less

  ~ tags.c

  > remove some bogus *p tests from charles longeau
  > ok deraadt millert (tedu@)

mail

  ~ send.c

  > Set umask to 077 when saving messages in the outbox (not enabled
  > by default).  From veenhuizen at users dot sourceforge dot net (millert@)

make

  ~ arch.c                                ~ cond.c
  ~ for.c                                 ~ parse.c

  > remove some bogus *p tests from charles longeau
  > ok deraadt millert (tedu@)

man

  ~ config.c

  > remove some bogus *p tests from charles longeau
  > ok deraadt millert (tedu@)

newsyslog

  ~ newsyslog.c

  > remove some bogus *p tests from charles longeau
  > ok deraadt millert (tedu@)

passwd

  ~ new_pwd.c

  > remove some bogus *p tests from charles longeau
  > ok deraadt millert (tedu@)

rsh

  ~ rsh.1

  > -l requires an argument; from Igor Sobrado (jmc@)

  ~ rsh.c

  > remove -K from usage(); (jmc@)

sed

  ~ compile.c

  > remove some bogus *p tests from charles longeau
  > ok deraadt millert (tedu@)

  ~ main.c                                ~ sed.1

  > Add line-buffering flag (-u).
  > OK deraadt@ and jmc at .ay@)

ssh

  ~ clientloop.c                          ~ readconf.c

  > remove some bogus *p tests from charles longeau
  > ok deraadt millert (tedu@)

  ~ sshd.8

  > - let synopsis and description agree for -f
  > - sort FILES
  > - +.Xr ssh-keyscan 1 ,
  > from Igor Sobrado (jmc@)

systat

  ~ cmds.c                                ~ disks.c
  ~ netcmds.c

  > remove some bogus *p tests from charles longeau
  > ok deraadt millert (tedu@)

tset

  ~ termcap.c

  > remove some bogus *p tests from charles longeau
  > ok deraadt millert (tedu@)

vi

  ~ common/msg.c                          ~ ex/ex_cscope.c
  ~ ex/ex_write.c

  > remove some bogus *p tests from charles longeau
  > ok deraadt millert (tedu@)

whatis

  ~ whatis.c

  > remove some bogus *p tests from charles longeau
  > ok deraadt millert (tedu@)

xlint

  ~ xlint/lint.1                          ~ xlint/xlint.c

  > sort options; sync synopsis and usage();
  > from Igor Sobrado (jmc@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 10/10 ==

afs

  ~ src/lib/ko/kocell.c                   ~ src/milko/bos/kconf.c
  ~ src/tools/release-tools/common.c      ~ src/util/log.c

  > remove some bogus *p tests from charles longeau
  > ok deraadt millert (tedu@)

amd

  ~ amd/amq_subr.c                        ~ amd/info_file.c
  ~ amd/mount_fs.c                        ~ mk-amd-map/mk-amd-map.c

  > remove some bogus *p tests from charles longeau
  > ok deraadt millert (tedu@)

bind

  ~ bin/nsupdate/nsupdate.c               ~ lib/dns/ttl.c
  ~ lib/isc/string.c

  > remove some bogus *p tests from charles longeau
  > ok deraadt millert (tedu@)

catman

  ~ catman.c

  > remove some bogus *p tests from charles longeau
  > ok deraadt millert (tedu@)

config

  ~ cmd.c

  > remove some bogus *p tests from charles longeau
  > ok deraadt millert (tedu@)

  ~ config.8                              ~ main.c

  > make synopsis/usage() a little nicer; (jmc@)

  ~ config.8

  > various text improvements to make this page read better. also add in
  > a little of afterboot(8)'s wisdom to prepare for my killing the kernel
  > building section in afterboot(8) (which is here replicated); (jmc@)

  ~ config.8

  > document the args to the "timezone" command;
  > fixes documentation/5403: dst argument not defined in config manpage
  > from James Hartley (jmc@)

faithd

  ~ ftp.c

  > remove some bogus *p tests from charles longeau
  > ok deraadt millert (tedu@)

httpd

  ~ src/main/util.c                       ~ src/main/util_date.c
  ~ src/main/util_script.c                ~ src/modules/proxy/proxy_cache.c
  ~ src/modules/proxy/proxy_util.c        ~ src/modules/standard/mod_imap.c
  ~ src/modules/standard/mod_negotiation.c