[odc] Daily src changes for 2007-10-03

ODC auto at squish.net
Thu Oct 4 07:00:01 BST 2007

gnu/usr.bin/binutils                    regress/sys
share/man                               sys/arch/i386/i386
sys/arch/i386/include                   sys/arch/mvme68k/dev
sys/arch/mvme88k/dev                    sys/arch/zaurus/dev
sys/dev                                 sys/dev/ic
sys/isofs/cd9660                        sys/isofs/udf
sys/msdosfs                             sys/netatalk
sys/netinet                             sys/netnatm
sys/ntfs                                sys/sys
usr.bin/cvs                             usr.bin/pcc
usr.bin/rpcgen

== gnu =============================================================== 01/05 ==

usr.bin/binutils

  ~ gdb/i386obsd-nat.c                    ~ gdb/config/i386/obsd.mh

  > On i386, use PCB_SAVECTX flags to distinguish between state saved by a
  > normal
  > context switch, and state saved by savectx().  This makes backtraces from
  > kernel crash dumps work much better. (kettenis@)

== regress =========================================================== 02/05 ==

  ~ dev/audio_rw/Makefile                 ~ dev/audio_rw/audiotest_rw.1
  ~ dev/audio_rw/audiotest_rw.c

  > add two new audio ioctls, AUDIO_GETPRINFO and AUDIO_GETRRINFO, and the
  > data structure these ioctls use, audio_bufinfo.
  > these ioctls return information about the play and record buffers
  > into the audio_bufinfo structure.
  > these are being added to aid in porting non-native audio applications
  > and libraries, and to fix issues in our OSS audio emulation.  these
  > ioctls exist only on OpenBSD and should not be used in code intended
  > for distribution.
  > ok ratchov (jakemsr@)

== share ============================================================= 03/05 ==

  ~ man4/bridge.4

  > Clarifications about the interaction of bridge and PF.
  > From Geoff Steckel with a few changes
  > "please commit it (if no one objects)" jmc, "yes" henning (sthen@)

  ~ man4/audio.4

  > add two new audio ioctls, AUDIO_GETPRINFO and AUDIO_GETRRINFO, and the
  > data structure these ioctls use, audio_bufinfo.
  > these ioctls return information about the play and record buffers
  > into the audio_bufinfo structure.
  > these are being added to aid in porting non-native audio applications
  > and libraries, and to fix issues in our OSS audio emulation.  these
  > ioctls exist only on OpenBSD and should not be used in code intended
  > for distribution.
  > ok ratchov (jakemsr@)

== sys =============================================================== 04/05 ==

  ~ genassym.cf                           ~ locore.s

  > Add pcb_flags member to 'struct pcb', and set PCB_SAVECTX on contexts saved
  > by savectx().
  > ok art@, miod@ (kettenis@)

arch/i386/include

  ~ pcb.h

  > Add pcb_flags member to 'struct pcb', and set PCB_SAVECTX on contexts saved
  > by savectx().
  > ok art@, miod@ (kettenis@)

arch/mvme68k/dev

  ~ vs.c

  > MALLOC+bzero -> malloc+M_ZERO.
  > In ip_esp.c all allocated memory is now zero'd in the
  > "malloc(sizeof(*tc) + alen ..." case. The +alen memory was not
  > initialized by the bzero() call. Noticed by chl at .
  > "Looks good" art@ "seems ok" chl@ (krw@)

arch/mvme88k/dev

  ~ vs.c

  > MALLOC+bzero -> malloc+M_ZERO.
  > In ip_esp.c all allocated memory is now zero'd in the
  > "malloc(sizeof(*tc) + alen ..." case. The +alen memory was not
  > initialized by the bzero() call. Noticed by chl at .
  > "Looks good" art@ "seems ok" chl@ (krw@)

arch/zaurus/dev

  ~ zaurus_flash.c

  > MALLOC+bzero -> malloc+M_ZERO.
  > In ip_esp.c all allocated memory is now zero'd in the
  > "malloc(sizeof(*tc) + alen ..." case. The +alen memory was not
  > initialized by the bzero() call. Noticed by chl at .
  > "Looks good" art@ "seems ok" chl@ (krw@)

dev

  ~ audio.c

  > add two new audio ioctls, AUDIO_GETPRINFO and AUDIO_GETRRINFO, and the
  > data structure these ioctls use, audio_bufinfo.
  > these ioctls return information about the play and record buffers
  > into the audio_bufinfo structure.
  > these are being added to aid in porting non-native audio applications
  > and libraries, and to fix issues in our OSS audio emulation.  these
  > ioctls exist only on OpenBSD and should not be used in code intended
  > for distribution.
  > ok ratchov (jakemsr@)

dev/ic

  ~ if_wi_hostap.c

  > MALLOC+bzero -> malloc+M_ZERO.
  > In ip_esp.c all allocated memory is now zero'd in the
  > "malloc(sizeof(*tc) + alen ..." case. The +alen memory was not
  > initialized by the bzero() call. Noticed by chl at .
  > "Looks good" art@ "seems ok" chl@ (krw@)

isofs/cd9660

  ~ cd9660_vfsops.c

  > MALLOC+bzero -> malloc+M_ZERO.
  > In ip_esp.c all allocated memory is now zero'd in the
  > "malloc(sizeof(*tc) + alen ..." case. The +alen memory was not
  > initialized by the bzero() call. Noticed by chl at .
  > "Looks good" art@ "seems ok" chl@ (krw@)

isofs/udf

  ~ udf_vfsops.c

  > MALLOC+bzero -> malloc+M_ZERO.
  > In ip_esp.c all allocated memory is now zero'd in the
  > "malloc(sizeof(*tc) + alen ..." case. The +alen memory was not
  > initialized by the bzero() call. Noticed by chl at .
  > "Looks good" art@ "seems ok" chl@ (krw@)

msdosfs

  ~ msdosfs_denode.c

  > MALLOC+bzero -> malloc+M_ZERO.
  > In ip_esp.c all allocated memory is now zero'd in the
  > "malloc(sizeof(*tc) + alen ..." case. The +alen memory was not
  > initialized by the bzero() call. Noticed by chl at .
  > "Looks good" art@ "seems ok" chl@ (krw@)

netatalk

  ~ ddp_usrreq.c

  > MALLOC+bzero -> malloc+M_ZERO.
  > In ip_esp.c all allocated memory is now zero'd in the
  > "malloc(sizeof(*tc) + alen ..." case. The +alen memory was not
  > initialized by the bzero() call. Noticed by chl at .
  > "Looks good" art@ "seems ok" chl@ (krw@)

netinet

  ~ ip_esp.c                              ~ ip_ipcomp.c

  > MALLOC+bzero -> malloc+M_ZERO.
  > In ip_esp.c all allocated memory is now zero'd in the
  > "malloc(sizeof(*tc) + alen ..." case. The +alen memory was not
  > initialized by the bzero() call. Noticed by chl at .
  > "Looks good" art@ "seems ok" chl@ (krw@)

netnatm

  ~ natm_pcb.c

  > MALLOC+bzero -> malloc+M_ZERO.
  > In ip_esp.c all allocated memory is now zero'd in the
  > "malloc(sizeof(*tc) + alen ..." case. The +alen memory was not
  > initialized by the bzero() call. Noticed by chl at .
  > "Looks good" art@ "seems ok" chl@ (krw@)

ntfs

  ~ ntfs_subr.c

  > MALLOC+bzero -> malloc+M_ZERO.
  > In ip_esp.c all allocated memory is now zero'd in the
  > "malloc(sizeof(*tc) + alen ..." case. The +alen memory was not
  > initialized by the bzero() call. Noticed by chl at .
  > "Looks good" art@ "seems ok" chl@ (krw@)

sys

  ~ audioio.h

  > add two new audio ioctls, AUDIO_GETPRINFO and AUDIO_GETRRINFO, and the
  > data structure these ioctls use, audio_bufinfo.
  > these ioctls return information about the play and record buffers
  > into the audio_bufinfo structure.
  > these are being added to aid in porting non-native audio applications
  > and libraries, and to fix issues in our OSS audio emulation.  these
  > ioctls exist only on OpenBSD and should not be used in code intended
  > for distribution.
  > ok ratchov (jakemsr@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 05/05 ==

  ~ commit.c

  > reset the default branch early on so rcs_head_get() does not screw us up
  > and returns a possibly wrong revision as 'current revision'.
  > noticed by tobias@ his regress testing (joris@)

pcc

  ~ cc/cc/cc.1                            ~ cc/ccom/ccom.1
  ~ cc/cpp/cpp.1

  > pull from ragge's repo: man page diffs from Igor Sobrado (otto@)

  ~ cc/cc/cc.c

  > pull form ragge's repo:
  > Pass -g onto linker.  From Laurent Desnogues. (otto@)

  ~ mip/regs.c

  > pull from ragge's repo:
  > #include and obscure name clash fix. From From Laurent Desnogues. (otto@)

rpcgen

  ~ rpc_clntout.c                         ~ rpc_cout.c
  ~ rpc_hout.c                            ~ rpc_main.c
  ~ rpc_parse.c                           ~ rpc_sample.c
  ~ rpc_scan.c                            ~ rpc_svcout.c
  ~ rpc_tblout.c                          ~ rpc_util.c

  > Some -Wall cleanup to help fix other bugs.
  > ok krw@ (weingart@)

  ~ rpc_main.c

  > Nuke MSDOS portion.  Add <unistd.h> for STDERR_FILENO in the
  > generated files.
  > "Yes, with extreme prejudice." millert@ (weingart@)

  ~ rpc_util.h                            ~ rpc_svcout.c