[odc] Daily src changes for 2007-10-09

ODC auto at squish.net
Wed Oct 10 07:00:01 BST 2007

regress/usr.bin                         sbin/ifconfig
share/man                               sys/dev
sys/dev/i2c                             sys/dev/ic
sys/dev/isa                             sys/dev/onewire
sys/dev/pci                             sys/dev/pcmcia
sys/dev/usb                             sys/netinet
sys/ufs/ext2fs                          usr.bin/cvs
usr.bin/make                            usr.sbin/dhcpd
usr.sbin/hoststated                     usr.sbin/ospf6d
usr.sbin/ypbind

== regress =========================================================== 01/06 ==

usr.bin

  ~ cvs/Makefile

  > New OpenCVS regression tests.
  > OK niallo@, xsa@ (tobias@)

== sbin ============================================================== 02/06 ==

ifconfig

  ~ ifconfig.c

  > Fix range check for carp vhid: vhid 0 isn't valid (joel@)

== share ============================================================= 03/06 ==

  ~ man4/man4.alpha/intro.4               ~ man4/man4.amd64/intro.4
  ~ man4/man4.i386/intro.4                ~ man4/man4.macppc/intro.4
  ~ man4/man4.sparc64/intro.4

  > add iic(4) to the hardware list; ok deraadt (jmc@)

  ~ man4/man4.armish/intro.4

  > (missed in previous commit)
  > add iic(4) to the hardware list; ok deraadt (jmc@)

  ~ man4/man4.alpha/intro.4               ~ man4/man4.amd64/intro.4
  ~ man4/man4.armish/intro.4              ~ man4/man4.hppa/intro.4
  ~ man4/man4.i386/intro.4                ~ man4/man4.landisk/intro.4
  ~ man4/man4.macppc/intro.4              ~ man4/man4.sparc64/intro.4
  ~ man4/man4.zaurus/intro.4

  > add onewire(4) to the hardware list; (jmc@)

dev

  ~ bio.c                                 ~ rnd.c

  > MALLOC -> malloc
  > ok krw@ (gilles@)

dev/i2c

  ~ i2c.c                                 ~ i2c_scan.c

  > we have been knocking out i2c when ipmi exists on a machine (because
  > there are ipmi bmc's that apparently violate i2c bus master locking).
  > but those problems bite us only for sensors which we re-scan every few
  > seconds, and then we hit the ipmi bmc's races.  for non-sensor devices
  > (like spdmem) it is probably ok to look once.  let's try that method
  > for a while and see if anyone sees breakage. (deraadt@)

dev/ic

  ~ sili.c

  > Use %zu for printing size_t values.
  > OK dlg. (ray@)

  ~ if_wi_hostap.c

  > MALLOC -> malloc
  > ok krw@ (gilles@)

dev/isa

  ~ aha.c

  > MALLOC -> malloc
  > ok krw@ (gilles@)

dev/onewire

  ~ onewire.c

  > MALLOC -> malloc
  > ok krw@ (gilles@)

dev/pci

  ~ if_bge.c

  > Use %zu for printing size_t values.
  > OK dlg. (ray@)

  ~ maestro.c

  > MALLOC -> malloc
  > ok krw@ (gilles@)

  ~ pciide.c

  > malloc+bzero -> malloc+M_ZERO. Use 'malloc(sizeof(*p) ...' idiom. (krw@)

dev/pcmcia

  ~ if_malo.c                             ~ if_malovar.h

  > Load the firmware files just one time per device lifecycle (attach time)
  > instead on every `ifconfig up'. (mglocker@)

  ~ if_malo.c                             ~ if_malovar.h

  > Setup channels with OFDM flags.  Permit user to set fix rates. (mglocker@)

  ~ if_malo.c

  > Ops, forgot debug printf. (mglocker@)

dev/usb

  ~ umass_scsi.c

  > malloc+memset(,0,) -> malloc+M_ZERO. 'Fixes' not zeroing of all
  > allocated memory, as I can't see an obvious initialization of the
  > memory elsewhere. NetBSD uses M_ZERO here. (krw@)

netinet

  ~ ip_ah.c

  > MALLOC+bzero -> malloc+M_ZERO. Don't forget FREE->free this time.
  > 'Fixes' two cases where the zeroing did not cover all the memory
  > allocated.
  > As with many of the last commits, looked at by chl@ in an earlier
  > version. (krw@)

  ~ ip_ipsp.c

  > MALLOC+bzero -> malloc+M_ZERO. Don't forget FREE->free this time.
  > As with many of the last commits, looked at by chl@ in an earlier
  > version. (krw@)

ufs/ext2fs

  ~ ext2fs_lookup.c

  > MALLOC+memset(,0,) -> malloc+M_ZERO. Don't forget FREE->free this time.
  > (krw@)

  ~ util.c

  > cvs import must not parse files in local CVS directory.
  > OK niallo@ (tobias@)

  ~ rcs.c

  > Properly resolve branches, i.e. supplying branch base revision (e.g. 1.1.1)
  > should resolve to latest branch revision (e.g. 1.1.1.1). (tobias@)

  ~ rcs.c

  > Return NULL if a revision has been supplied that is higher than HEAD.
  > This one and previous OK niallo@, "makes sense to me" xsa@ (tobias@)

  ~ file.c

  > Do not warn user about files that are "no longer in the repository"
  > during cvs import.
  > OK niallo@ (tobias@)

  ~ annotate.c

  > various style cleanups:
  > - Copyright order
  > - rev -> cvs_specified_tag
  > - crev -> rev
  > - line instead of alines[i] in for-loop
  > OK niallo@ (tobias@)

  ~ annotate.c

  > Do not use working HEAD (file_rcsrev), instead use file_rcs->rf_head to
  > print revision info.
  > OK niallo@ (tobias@)

  ~ annotate.c

  > Properly parse supplied symbols with -r argument.
  > OK niallo@ (tobias@)

  ~ annotate.c                            ~ rcs.c
  ~ rcs.h

  > Added proper support for branch revisions in annotate.
  > OK niallo@, twice :) (tobias@)

make

  ~ job.c

  > rename functions for clarity.
  > Add a global `got_signals' to quick-path thru handle_all_signals.
  > remove most of the #ifdef USE_PGRP cruft: always be ready to handle those
  > signals, just do not define a handler for them yet. (espie@)

  ~ job.c

  > just-in-time signal handling: do not setup the handlers until we need them.
  > (espie@)

  ~ job.c

  > rename jobs to more descriptive runningJobs (and easier to grep) (espie@)

  ~ job.c

  > minor refactor: introduce function start_queued_job, to make it more
  > apparent
  > JobStart and JobRestart often do the same thing.
  > Move JobMakeArgv call around for similar reasons.
  > Introduce new list (queuedJobs) we don't use yet. (espie@)

  ~ job.c

  > don't bother returning anything from JobStart, we don't look at it anyways
  > (espie@)

  ~ job.c

  > factor out identical code (espie@)

  ~ job.c

  > cut up JobStart, prepare the job to be run in a separate function (espie@)

dhcpd

  ~ options.c

  > "Minimum IP MTU" means what it says. Ensure that packets returned by
  > dhcpd are the minimum size or larger no matter what the client thinks
  > the minimum allowable size is. Found by Nahuel Riva and Gera Richarte.
  > Fix by millert at . (krw@)

  ~ options.c

  TAGGED OPENBSD_4_0
  > merge fix from current, prompted by deraadt. original commit message:
  > "Minimum IP MTU" means what it says. Ensure that packets returned by
  > dhcpd are the minimum size or larger no matter what the client thinks
  > the minimum allowable size is. Found by Nahuel Riva and Gera Richarte.
  > Fix by millert at . (ckuethe@)

  ~ options.c

  TAGGED OPENBSD_4_1
  > merge fix from current, prompted by deraadt. original commit message:
  > "Minimum IP MTU" means what it says. Ensure that packets returned by
  > dhcpd are the minimum size or larger no matter what the client thinks
  > the minimum allowable size is. Found by Nahuel Riva and Gera Richarte.
  > Fix by millert at . (ckuethe@)

hoststated

  ~ check_icmp.c

  > Do not notify twice about the same timeout in check_icmp, this previously
  > corrupted statistics.
  > Found out by Piotr Sikora < piotr at sikora.nu >. (pyr@)

  ~ parse.y

  > use macro argument (deraadt@)

ospf6d

  ~ ospf6.h                               ~ parse.y
  ~ ospf6d.h

  > The router dead_interval switched from 32bit to a 16bit value in OSPFv3.
  > OK norby@ (claudio@)

  ~ interface.c                           ~ ospfe.c
  ~ ospfe.h

  > Instead of IP_RECVIF we use IPV6_RECVPKTINFO to get the ifindex and the
  > destination address of incomming packets. This also removes the need for
  > IP_HDRINCL. Additionally use IPV6_CHECKSUM to let the kernel do the
  > necessary packet checksumming, way easier than doing it in userland.
  > OK norby@ (claudio@)

  ~ hello.c                               ~ ospfe.h
  ~ packet.c

  > Remaining bit of last night work. Make packet reception use all the goodies
  > introduced (checksumming is no longer needed, no IP header checking is
  > needed,
  > get a in6_pktinfo with the ifindex and dest addr, cleanup and remove a lot
  > of other code). With this ospf6d is able to send and receive first hello
  > packets.  OK norby@ (claudio@)

  - in_cksum.c                            ~ Makefile

  > Bye bye in_cksum.c, you're not needed here anymore. (claudio@)

  ~ interface.c

  > Unneeded and to noisy debug output (claudio@)

ypbind