[odc] Daily src changes for 2007-10-30

ODC auto at squish.net
Wed Oct 31 07:00:01 GMT 2007

distrib/sets                            lib/csu
lib/libc                                regress/usr.bin
share/man                               sys/arch/mvme68k/stand/bugcrt
sys/arch/mvme88k/stand/bugcrt           sys/arch/mvmeppc/stand/bugcrt
sys/arch/sparc/stand/boot               sys/arch/sparc/stand/bootxx
sys/compat/common                       sys/compat/linux
sys/compat/ultrix                       sys/dev/i2c
sys/dev/mii                             sys/dev/pci
sys/net                                 sys/nfs
usr.sbin/hoststated                     usr.sbin/httpd
usr.sbin/tcpdump

== distrib =========================================================== 01/06 ==

  ~ lists/base/md.armish                  ~ lists/base/md.aviion
  ~ lists/base/md.hp300                   ~ lists/base/md.hppa
  ~ lists/base/md.hppa64                  ~ lists/base/md.i386
  ~ lists/base/md.landisk                 ~ lists/base/md.luna88k
  ~ lists/base/md.mac68k                  ~ lists/base/md.macppc
  ~ lists/base/md.mvme68k                 ~ lists/base/md.mvme88k
  ~ lists/base/md.sgi                     ~ lists/base/md.sparc
  ~ lists/base/md.sparc64                 ~ lists/base/md.vax
  ~ lists/base/md.zaurus                  ~ lists/comp/mi
  ~ lists/man/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

== lib =============================================================== 02/06 ==

csu

  ~ vax/Makefile

  > avoid intermediate files with same name (ie. a.out) for parallel make
  > ok miod (deraadt@)

libc

  ~ gen/readpassphrase.c

  > If we receive SIGTTOU when turning off echo, the process is already
  > backgrounded.  Do not print the password prompt in this case since
  > the first read will result in the process receiving SIGTTIN.
  > Fixes an issue where the password prompt would be displayed when
  > readpassphrase() would not be able to read anything.  OK deraadt@
  > (millert@)

== regress =========================================================== 03/06 ==

usr.bin

  ~ pcc/ccom/Makefile

  > don't use intermediate target (a.out) in multiple targets (otto@)

== share ============================================================= 04/06 ==

  ~ man4/Makefile                         ~ man4/mii.4
  ~ man4/pci.4                            + man4/et.4
  + man4/etphy.4

  > Add man pages for et and etphy. (jsg@)

  ~ man4/et.4                             ~ man4/etphy.4

  > tweaks for previous; (jmc@)

  ~ man4/pcscp.4

  > add HISTORY
  > ok jmc@ (jasper@)

== sys =============================================================== 05/06 ==

arch/mvme68k/stand/bugcrt

  ~ Makefile

  > avoid intermediate files with same name (ie. a.out) for parallel make
  > ok miod (deraadt@)

arch/mvme88k/stand/bugcrt

  ~ Makefile

  > avoid intermediate files with same name (ie. a.out) for parallel make
  > ok miod (deraadt@)

arch/mvmeppc/stand/bugcrt

  ~ Makefile

  > avoid intermediate files with same name (ie. a.out) for parallel make
  > ok miod (deraadt@)

arch/sparc/stand/boot

  ~ Makefile

  > avoid intermediate files with same name (ie. a.out) for parallel make
  > ok miod (deraadt@)

arch/sparc/stand/bootxx

  ~ Makefile

  > avoid intermediate files with same name (ie. a.out) for parallel make
  > ok miod (deraadt@)

compat/common

  ~ uipc_syscalls_43.c

  > - replace the remaining MALLOC/FREE -> malloc/free in sys/compat
  > ok krw@, ok pyr@ (gilles@)

  ~ vfs_syscalls_43.c

  > MALLOC/FREE -> malloc/free
  > These are the latest ones needed to build a kernel (on amd64)
  > without the MALLOC/FREE definitions in src/sys/sys/malloc.h
  > ok krw@ (chl@)

compat/linux

  ~ linux_exec.c

  > - replace the remaining MALLOC/FREE -> malloc/free in sys/compat
  > ok krw@, ok pyr@ (gilles@)

compat/ultrix

  ~ ultrix_fs.c

  > - replace the remaining MALLOC/FREE -> malloc/free in sys/compat
  > ok krw@, ok pyr@ (gilles@)

dev/i2c

  ~ i2c_scan.c

  > print some word reads as well in the verbose output (deraadt@)

dev/mii

  ~ miidevs.h

  > regen (jsg@)

  ~ miidevs

  > Add Agere ET1011 10/100/1000 PHY (jsg@)

  ~ files.mii                             + etphy.c

  > Initial port of Sepherosa Ziehau's DragonFlyBSD drivers
  > for Agere/LSI ET1310 Ethernet devices and ET1011 'TruePHY'.
  > All the gross register related bit macros are not yet removed.
  > Currently only Tx seems to work.  Putting this in the
  > tree in case someone else wants to look at it while
  > I deal with exams for the next few weeks. (jsg@)

dev/pci

  ~ files.pci                             + if_et.c
  + if_etreg.h

  > Initial port of Sepherosa Ziehau's DragonFlyBSD drivers
  > for Agere/LSI ET1310 Ethernet devices and ET1011 'TruePHY'.
  > All the gross register related bit macros are not yet removed.
  > Currently only Tx seems to work.  Putting this in the
  > tree in case someone else wants to look at it while
  > I deal with exams for the next few weeks. (jsg@)

  ~ arc.c

  > if we cant query the firmware or allocate ccbs then clean up the pci
  > mappings. without this a problem board can cause a panic when the interrupt
  > handler touches unallocated memory. (dlg@)

  ~ arc.c

  > the marvell based boards have difference registers to the current intel iop
  > based ones. this renames the register defines for the revision A boards
  > (the intel ones) to ARC_RA instead of ARC_REG so we can differentiate them
  > from the ARC_RB registers for revision B that are coming. (dlg@)

  ~ arc.c

  > shrink the intr establish code a bit. all that intrstr handling is cruft.
  > (dlg@)

  ~ sdhc_pci.c

  > MALLOC/FREE -> malloc/free
  > These are the latest ones needed to build a kernel (on amd64)
  > without the MALLOC/FREE definitions in src/sys/sys/malloc.h
  > ok krw@ (chl@)

net

  ~ bridgestp.c

  > fix a typo, LIST_FOREACH(bp2, ... and then using bp instead of bp2
  > inside that loop doesn't yield the expected results.
  > from freebsd r1.37 Andrew Thompson <thompsa at freebsd.org> (henning@)

nfs

  ~ nfsm_subs.h

  > remove an unused macro, NFSMINOFF;
  > ok beck@, blambert@
  > "Kill it. Kill it dead." krw@ (thib@)

hoststated

  ~ pfe.c

  > untangle a mess in the state update logic (reyk@)

httpd

  ~ Makefile.bsd-wrapper                  ~ conf/httpd.conf

  > Add two module configuration directories named modules and modules.sample
  > and include *.conf files from the modules directory by default.
  > The modules.sample directory will be used by some ports to place their
  > configuration files.
  > ok deraadt@, jsign@ (robert@)

tcpdump

  ~ print-snmp.c