[odc] Daily src changes for 2007-09-08

ODC auto at squish.net
Sun Sep 9 07:00:01 BST 2007

distrib/sets                            lib/libc
sbin/bioctl                             share/man
sys/arch/amd64/conf                     sys/arch/hp300/hp300
sys/arch/i386/conf                      sys/arch/sparc64/dev
sys/arch/sparc64/include                sys/arch/sparc64/sparc64
sys/dev                                 sys/dev/acpi
sys/dev/pci                             sys/dev/usb
sys/kern                                sys/net
usr.bin/passwd                          usr.bin/xlint

== distrib =========================================================== 01/06 ==

  ~ lists/base/md.armish                  ~ lists/base/md.aviion
  ~ lists/base/md.hp300                   ~ lists/base/md.hppa
  ~ lists/base/md.hppa64                  ~ lists/base/md.i386
  ~ lists/base/md.landisk                 ~ lists/base/md.luna88k
  ~ lists/base/md.mac68k                  ~ lists/base/md.macppc
  ~ lists/base/md.mvme68k                 ~ lists/base/md.mvme88k
  ~ lists/base/md.mvmeppc                 ~ lists/base/md.sgi
  ~ lists/base/md.sparc                   ~ lists/base/md.sparc64
  ~ lists/base/md.vax                     ~ lists/base/md.zaurus
  ~ lists/base/mi                         ~ lists/comp/mi
  ~ lists/man/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

== lib =============================================================== 02/06 ==

  ~ sys/intro.2

  > it's MAXNAMLEN, not MAXNAMELEN; spotted by Igor Zinovi. (otto@)

  ~ sys/Lint_crt.c

  > typo; ok deraadt@ (otto@)

== sbin ============================================================== 03/06 ==

bioctl

  ~ bioctl.c

  > make bioctl behave like a unix program and exit 1 on error
  > ok deraadt, silence dlg marco (henning@)

== share ============================================================= 04/06 ==

  ~ man4/ucom.4                           ~ man4/usb.4
  ~ man4/Makefile                         + man4/uchcom.4

  > Driver for WinChipHead CH341/340 USB serial adapters.
  > originally written by Takuya SHIOZAKI <tshiozak at netbsd.org>
  > Currently untested due to lack of hardware. (jsg@)

  ~ man4/usb.4

  > sort previous; (jmc@)

  ~ man5/fstab.5

  > do not show tcp nfs mounts... somebody might think that would be a good
  > thing. From: Maurice Janssen <maurice at z74.net> (henning@)

== sys =============================================================== 05/06 ==

arch/amd64/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > Add adl(4).  Make comments for i2c devices a bit more consistent while I'm
  > there. (kettenis@)

arch/hp300/hp300

  ~ autoconf.c                            ~ mem.c

  > use M_ZERO. (martin@)

  > Add adl(4).  Make comments for i2c devices a bit more consistent while I'm
  > there. (kettenis@)

arch/sparc64/dev

  ~ psycho.c

  > use M_ZERO.
  > input from kettenis@ (martin@)

arch/sparc64/include

  ~ cpu.h                                 ~ proc.h

  > Make the ast on sparc64 per-process instead of global.  Necessary to make
  > signal delivery more reliable once we go smp (although the code for that
  > is still missing).
  > "in principle, this looks good" art@ (kettenis@)

  ~ sparc64.h

  > Add prom functions to start secondary CPUs. (kettenis@)

arch/sparc64/sparc64

  ~ cpu.c                                 ~ genassym.cf
  ~ locore.s                              ~ machdep.c
  ~ trap.c

  > Make the ast on sparc64 per-process instead of global.  Necessary to make
  > signal delivery more reliable once we go smp (although the code for that
  > is still missing).
  > "in principle, this looks good" art@ (kettenis@)

  ~ ofw_machdep.c

  > Add prom functions to start secondary CPUs. (kettenis@)

dev

  ~ ccd.c                                 ~ ksyms.c
  ~ midisyn.c                             ~ ramdisk.c
  ~ softraid.c                            ~ vnd.c

  > more M_ZERO changes
  > ok pyr@ and krw@ (gilles@)

dev/acpi

  ~ dsdt.c

  > Case ranges e.g. case 'A' ... 'Z': are a gcc-ism not valid C. Fix these,
  > and
  > a bit of whitespace cleanup while here.
  > ok otto, deraadt (gwk@)

dev/pci

  ~ qli_pci.c

  > Set external hw config according to nvram value. (davec@)

  ~ qlireg.h

  > Add nvram external hw config defines.  ok marco@ (davec@)

dev/usb

  ~ files.usb                             + uchcom.c

  > Driver for WinChipHead CH341/340 USB serial adapters.
  > originally written by Takuya SHIOZAKI <tshiozak at netbsd.org>
  > Currently untested due to lack of hardware. (jsg@)

  ~ uchcom.c

  > Wrap DPRINTFN() macro up in do { } while(0). (jsg@)

  ~ uaudio.c

  > fix uaudio(4) devices using signed mixer controls
  > ok jakemsr@, tested by jolan@ with 3 different devices (ratchov@)

  ~ usbdevs

  > device id for the Huaweil Mobile E220 (fkr@)

  > regen (fkr@)

kern

  ~ vfs_lookup.c

  > Sync description of lookup() a bit more to reality.
  > ok thib@ (hshoexer@)

net

  ~ netisr.h

  > we dont need net/rndvar.h since the code that used it has been moved to
  > if.c. (dlg@)

  ~ rtsock.c

  > Clear the message header (and only the message header) in rt_msg2.
  > By doing so we ensure that all the memory is initialised and we no longer
  > have to ensure that none of the structure elements is forgotten in
  > sysctl_iflist() and sysctl_dumpentry().
  > This solves the route flush issues seen by aanriot@
  > OK henning@ (claudio@)

passwd

  ~ passwd.c

  > Fix lint warning about unreachable code.
  > OK deraadt@ (cloder@)

xlint

  ~ lint1/cgram.y                         ~ lint1/tree.c