[odc] Daily src changes for 2007-09-19

ODC auto at squish.net
Thu Sep 20 07:00:01 BST 2007

lib/libc                                regress/lib
regress/sbin                            share/man
sys/arch/sparc/sparc                    sys/arch/sparc64/sparc64
sys/dev/cardbus                         sys/dev/isa
sys/dev/pci                             sys/dev/sun
sys/dev/usb                             sys/kern
sys/net                                 sys/sys
usr.bin/cvs                             usr.bin/pcc

== lib =============================================================== 01/05 ==

  ~ string/strstr.3

  > add HISTORY; shortened version of diff from Ilya A. Kovalenko
  > ok millert (jmc@)

== regress =========================================================== 02/05 ==

lib

  ~ libevent/eventtest.c

  > permit this to compile with gcc 2.x
  > ok cloder@ (todd@)

sbin

  ~ pfctl/pfr.exec

  > This got broken when a second pool (pfrkentry2) was added
  > for source-tracking support about 3 years ago.
  > OK henning (mpf@)

  ~ pfctl/pfsetup1.ok

  > "flags S/SA keep state" is the default now
  > OK henning (mpf@)

  ~ pfctl/pfr12.in                        ~ pfctl/pfr12.ok

  > pfctl seems to report errors when accessing empty tables,
  > in a different manner now. Use "-T show" now.
  > OK henning (mpf@)

  ~ pfctl/pf48.in                         ~ pfctl/pf48.loaded
  ~ pfctl/pf48.ok                         ~ pfctl/pf48.optimized

  > Remove "localhost" from the table test, since the result is dependent
  > on the resolver.  In some enviroments you'll get an AAAA for it,
  > in others you won't. Testing the resolver isn't really the intention
  > of this test anyway.
  > OK henning (mpf@)

  ~ pfctl/pfaltq1.ok                      ~ pfctl/pfaltq10.ok
  ~ pfctl/pfaltq11.ok                     ~ pfctl/pfaltq12.ok
  ~ pfctl/pfaltq13.ok                     ~ pfctl/pfaltq14.ok
  ~ pfctl/pfaltq2.ok                      ~ pfctl/pfaltq3.ok
  ~ pfctl/pfaltq4.ok                      ~ pfctl/pfaltq5.ok
  ~ pfctl/pfaltq6.ok                      ~ pfctl/pfaltq7.ok
  ~ pfctl/pfaltq8.ok                      ~ pfctl/pfaltq9.ok

  > Adopt 14 altq tests to the change of the queue output format.
  > OK henning (mpf@)

  ~ pfctl/pfchksum1.in                    ~ pfctl/pfchksum2.in
  ~ pfctl/pfchksum3.in

  > Add a few "flags any" and "no state" to have the rulesets
  > match against the old checksums again. (mpf@)

  ~ pfctl/if2ip                           ~ pfctl/Makefile

  > Fix and re-enable tests for interface->address translation.
  > OK henning (mpf@)

== share ============================================================= 03/05 ==

  ~ man4/siop.4

  > add config bits for siop(4) on hppa.
  > ok kettenis@ dlg@ (brad@)

  ~ man4/uftdi.4

  > attach CFA 635 as a uftdi.
  > ok dlg@ (pyr@)

== sys =============================================================== 04/05 ==

arch/sparc/sparc

  ~ disksubr.c

  > On sparc & sparc64, change `mount -a` to recognise Linux ext2 partitions
  > by interpreting more fields out of a standard Sun disk label.
  > ok krw@ (tsi@)

arch/sparc64/sparc64

  ~ disksubr.c

  > On sparc & sparc64, change `mount -a` to recognise Linux ext2 partitions
  > by interpreting more fields out of a standard Sun disk label.
  > ok krw@ (tsi@)

dev/cardbus

  ~ cardbus.c

  > Add a missing prototype in the non-static case. (miod@)

  ~ cardbus.c

  > fix CARDBUS_DEBUG
  > noted by Markus Hennecke (martin@)

dev/isa

  ~ if_ex.c

  > de-static
  > ok dlg@ (brad@)

  ~ if_ex.c

  > ex_start() is always called at splnet, so remove the unnecessary splnet.
  > ok dlg@ (brad@)

  ~ if_ex.c

  > don't need to wrap the code in #if NEX > 0
  > ok dlg@ (brad@)

  ~ if_ex.c

  > rename a few functions.
  > ok dlg@ (brad@)

  ~ if_ex.c

  > remove the SIOCGIFADDR ioctl handler and return ENOTTY instead of EINVAL
  > upon error in ex_ioctl().
  > ok dlg@ (brad@)

  ~ if_ex.c

  > call ether_ioctl() from within ex_ioctl().
  > ok dlg@ (brad@)

  ~ if_ex.c

  > sprinkle a few tabs on ex_ioctl() to make things easier on the eyes.
  > ok dlg@ (brad@)

  ~ if_ex.c

  > In ex_rx_intr() allocate an mbuf cluster if the pkt_len is >= MINCLSIZE.
  > From FreeBSD
  > ok dlg@ (brad@)

  ~ if_ex.c

  > a little more cleaning. removing some useless comments.
  > ok dlg@ (brad@)

dev/pci

  ~ if_de.c

  > Remove unused tulip_21041_media_noprobe() function and
  > tulip_21041np_boardsw
  > struct.
  > ok dlg@ (brad@)

  ~ if_ixgb.c                             ~ if_xge.c

  > Use the proper baudrate for 10Gb hw now that it can fit into the buadrate
  > field.
  > ok claudio@ dlg@ (brad@)

  ~ if_tht.c

  > M_ZERO. all the cool kids are doing it. (dlg@)

dev/sun

  ~ disklabel.h

  > On sparc & sparc64, change `mount -a` to recognise Linux ext2 partitions
  > by interpreting more fields out of a standard Sun disk label.
  > ok krw@ (tsi@)

  > sync. (pyr@)

  ~ usbdevs

  > Add the CFA 635 by CrystalFontz.
  > ok dlg@ (pyr@)

  ~ uftdi.c

  > attach CFA 635 as a uftdi.
  > ok dlg@ (pyr@)

  ~ ezload.c

  > revert previous; still need sys/malloc.h for free(9) and friends here
  > noted by Markus Hennecke (martin@)

kern

  ~ uipc_socket2.c

  > instead of relying on mbuf.h to include pool.h and declare
  > mclpool as an extern, do so explicitly
  > ok henning@ claudio@ (blambert@)

net

  ~ if_media.h

  > Use the proper baudrate for 10Gb hw now that it can fit into the buadrate
  > field.
  > ok claudio@ dlg@ (brad@)

  ~ if_media.c

  > tidy up a little.
  > ok claudio@ dlg@ (brad@)

sys

  ~ mbuf.h

  > several changes:
  > - unconditionally include sys/malloc.h
  > - remove empty and unused MCLBUFREF macro
  > - remove unused m_clalloc function declaration
  > - style(9)-ify macros
  > - remove external declarations of mbpool and mclpool
  > - minor comment edit for clarity and accuracy
  > - move MCLGET definition to more logical place
  > ok henning@ claudio@ (blambert@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 05/05 ==

  ~ cvs.c                                 ~ util.c

  > Usage of fgetln() instead of fgets() in .cvsrc parsing handles line
  > numbers better and allows longer command arguments.
  > OK joris@ (tobias@)

  ~ util.c

  > Do not parse quoted strings because GNU cvs won't do so.
  > OK joris@ (tobias@)

  ~ cvs.c

  > Weird, but our goal is compatibility: treat '\t' in front of keyword as
  > '#'.
  > OK joris@ (tobias@)

  ~ cvs.c

  > Next to ' ', '\t' is valid between command and arguments.
  > OK joris@ (tobias@)

  ~ cvs.5                                 ~ cvs.c

  > Print warning about invalid command in .cvsrc only if -V is in use.
  > OpenCVS defaults to -q, so man page should say "with -V", not "without -q
  > or -Q".
  > OK joris@ (tobias@)

  ~ cvs.c

  > parse global arguments (cvs) and command arguments only once, i.e. first
  > line of occurence. Nice side-effect: only parse arguments for current
  > command, not for all.
  > OK joris@ (tobias@)

  ~ cvs.5                                 ~ cvs.c

  > Allow lines which do not specify any arguments for command (or cvs).
  > Sticks at GNU cvs behaviour.
  > OK joris@ (tobias@)

pcc

  ~ arch/vax/macdefs.h

  > pullup from pcc repo, my start at fixing the vax target
  > ok otto@ (todd@)

  ~ cc/ccom/Makefile

  > make it easier to support other archs; remoev some dependencies (also
  > submitted by pyr); from mickey@ ok ragge@ (otto@)

  ~ cc/cc/cc.c

  > my -fpic flags support, pullup from pcc
  > thanks to Miod for inspiring this version
  > ok otto@ (todd@)

  ~ cc/cc/Makefile                        ~ cc/cc/cc.c
  ~ cc/ccom/Makefile                      ~ os/dragonfly/ccconfig.h
  ~ os/linux/ccconfig.h                   ~ os/netbsd/ccconfig.h
  ~ os/none/ccconfig.h                    ~ os/openbsd/ccconfig.h
  + cc/ccom/Makefile.inc                  + cc/ccom/vax/Makefile
  + cc/ccom/x86/Makefile

  > add '-b machine' to cc for multiarch support
  > ok otto@ (todd@)

  ~ cc/cc/cc.c

  > oops, put back -pipe support
  > noticed by Mike Belopuhov .. mkb at crypt dot org dot ru, thanks (todd@)