[odc] Daily src changes for 2007-09-24

ODC auto at squish.net
Tue Sep 25 07:00:01 BST 2007

bin/ed                                  lib/libc
regress/usr.bin                         share/man
sys/arch/amd64/conf                     sys/arch/i386/conf
sys/dev                                 sys/dev/cardbus
sys/dev/ic                              sys/netinet
sys/sys                                 usr.bin/cvs
usr.bin/pcc                             usr.bin/xlint

== bin =============================================================== 01/06 ==

ed

  ~ POSIX

  > typos; from Pierre Riteau (jmc@)

== lib =============================================================== 02/06 ==

  ~ gen/sysctl.3

  > updatecomment and manpage toemtion optional seventh level (rtable id)
  > From: Pierre Riteau <pierre.riteau at free.fr> (henning@)

== regress =========================================================== 03/06 ==

usr.bin

  + pcc/cc/ccom/init002.c

  > newly discovered init problem (otto@)

  + pcc/cc/ccom/init003.c

  > another init problem (otto@)

== share ============================================================= 04/06 ==

  ~ man4/bwi.4

  > Add new device reported by brad at .  Remove dummy device. (mglocker@)

  ~ man4/bwi.4

  > keep the hardware list sorted; (jmc@)

  ~ man4/bwi.4                            ~ man4/cardbus.4
  ~ man4/pci.4

  > Broadcom -> Broadcom AirForce.  Add new device to HW list.
  > From brad@ (mglocker@)

== sys =============================================================== 05/06 ==

arch/amd64/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > Add bwi PCI and Cardbus GENERIC entries for i386 and amd64, but still
  > disabled for now.
  > From brad@ (mglocker@)

  > Add bwi PCI and Cardbus GENERIC entries for i386 and amd64, but still
  > disabled for now.
  > From brad@ (mglocker@)

  ~ GENERIC

  > Ooops, i386 entry was enabled by mistake.  Disable it.  Sorry. (mglocker@)

dev

  ~ audio.c

  > fix audioctl(1) returning  bugus values of 'output_muted' because of
  > uninitialized variable.
  > found by deanna@, ok jackmsr@ (ratchov@)

  ~ audio.c

  > accept values > 1 for "output_muted". That's what SunOS do. Suggested
  > by deanna@
  > ok jakemsr@ (ratchov@)

dev/cardbus

  ~ if_bwi_cardbus.c

  > Remove BCM4311 and BCM4312 which are PCIe chipsets and therefore will not
  > come in Cardbus devices.
  > From brad@ (mglocker@)

dev/ic

  ~ bwi.c                                 ~ bwivar.h

  > Add radio tap support.  We still need to calculate correct RX rate and
  > RX signal strength. (mglocker@)

netinet

  ~ ip_carp.c

  > Fix carp(4) after the switch to dynamic imo_membership allocation.
  > The multicast code is still a mess but will no longer crash the box.
  > With input from pascoe@ who hit the same bug.
  > OK markus@, henning@, mpf@ (on a previous version) (claudio@)

sys

  ~ socket.h

  > updatecomment and manpage toemtion optional seventh level (rtable id)
  > From: Pierre Riteau <pierre.riteau at free.fr> (henning@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 06/06 ==

  ~ rcs.c

  > zap unused stuff, cleans it up a bit. (joris@)

  ~ commit.c                              ~ file.c
  ~ rcs.c                                 ~ rcs.h
  ~ rcsnum.c

  > add support to commit modified files to branches. (joris@)

  ~ commit.c

  > unused vars (joris@)

  ~ edit.c                                ~ getlog.c

  > oops i was suppose to pass cvs_directory_tag to cvs_file_classify().
  > (joris@)

pcc

  ~ cc/ccom/init.c

  > from ragge's repo:
  > Fix init error to give an error message instead of segfault, as
  > reported by Otto Muerbeek. (otto@)

  ~ cc/cc/cc.c                            ~ cc/ccom/main.c
  ~ cc/cpp/cpp.c                          ~ mip/mkext.c

  > pull from ragge's repo: -v flag and reg class check (otto@)

  ~ arch/x86/local.c                      ~ mip/reader.c

  > Pull from ragge's repo:
  > Add support for signed bitfields, this has been missing ~forever.
  > Bug reported by TAKAHASHI Tamotsu.
  > Fix bitfield overflow bug, reported by TAKAHASHI Tamotsu. (otto@)

xlint

  ~ README