[odc] Daily src changes for 2008-04-07

ODC auto at squish.net
Tue Apr 8 07:00:02 BST 2008

sbin/disklabel                          share/man
sys/arch/alpha/conf                     sys/arch/amd64/amd64
sys/arch/amd64/conf                     sys/arch/armish/conf
sys/arch/i386/conf                      sys/arch/mips64/dev
sys/arch/mips64/include                 sys/arch/mips64/mips64
sys/arch/sgi/conf                       sys/arch/sgi/dev
sys/arch/sgi/include                    sys/arch/sgi/localbus
sys/arch/sgi/pci                        sys/arch/sgi/sgi
sys/arch/sgi/xbow                       sys/arch/sparc64/sparc64
sys/dev/i2c                             sys/dev/isa
sys/dev/onewire                         sys/dev/pci
sys/dev/usb                             sys/kern
usr.sbin/pcidump                        usr.sbin/pkg_add

== sbin ============================================================== 01/04 ==

disklabel

  ~ disklabel.c

  > Restore boot block (-B) support that was incorrectly deleted during
  > the -r removal. Found by drahn@ when attempting a landisk install.
  > ok deraadt@ drahn@ (krw@)

  ~ disklabel.c

  > Since Alpha is NUMBOOT=0, no need for #ifdef __alpha__ code inside a
  > #if NUMBOOT > 0 section. (krw@)

== share ============================================================= 02/04 ==

  ~ man4/Makefile                         ~ man4/iic.4
  + man4/sdtemp.4

  > New sensor driver for JDEC JC-42.4 standard dimm temperature sensors
  > (still extremely rare devices.. so rare I had to wire up a chip myself)
  > (deraadt@)

  ~ man4/iic.4

  > sort (deraadt@)

  ~ man5/bsd.port.mk.5

  > document SUBST_CMD (espie@)

== sys =============================================================== 03/04 ==

arch/alpha/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > sdtemp* devices could occur on these machines (deraadt@)

arch/amd64/amd64

  ~ syscall.c

  > Don't grab the kernel biglock for syscalls marked SY_NOLOCK;
  > make the amd64 code a bit nicer and make the sparc64 match that.
  > tested by a few;
  > OK toby@, dlg@, kettenis@ (for the sparc64 part). (thib@)

arch/amd64/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > sdtemp* devices could occur on these machines (deraadt@)

arch/armish/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > sdtemp* devices could occur on these machines (deraadt@)

  > sdtemp* devices could occur on these machines (deraadt@)

arch/mips64/dev

  ~ clockvar.h

  > Split clock attachment in two parts: a timecounter attachment (at mainbus),
  > and a time-of-day chip (wherever it gets found). (miod@)

arch/mips64/include

  ~ pte.h

  > Define the pte cacheability bits from the cpu.h cache coherency constants.
  > (miod@)

  ~ cpu.h

  > Define more cache coherency attributes, as well as R10k space identifiers.
  > Define a symbolic ``cached'' attribute, to be used for cached mappings
  > regardless of the system's cache coherency. (miod@)

  ~ cpu.h                                 ~ trap.h

  > Add ``guarded'' word read and write routines, to be used by
  > machine-dependent
  > code soon. Similar to what ddb does, but does not need ddb to be compiled
  > in. (miod@)

  ~ memconf.h

  > Add a freelist member to the ARCBios memory information. For now, all
  > ARCBios
  > available memory regions will be reported to be in VM_FREELIST_DEFAULT.
  > Add a few quirks to cope with (some) IP27 and IP30 weirdness. (miod@)

arch/mips64/mips64

  ~ cache_r10k.S                          ~ cache_r5k.S
  ~ pmap.c

  > Use CCA_CACHED as the default CCA for all cached mappings and addresses.
  > (miod@)

  ~ lcore_access.S

  > Add ``guarded'' word read and write routines, to be used by
  > machine-dependent
  > code soon. Similar to what ddb does, but does not need ddb to be compiled
  > in. (miod@)

  ~ clock.c                               ~ mainbus.c

  > Split clock attachment in two parts: a timecounter attachment (at mainbus),
  > and a time-of-day chip (wherever it gets found). (miod@)

  ~ arcbios.c

  > Add a freelist member to the ARCBios memory information. For now, all
  > ARCBios
  > available memory regions will be reported to be in VM_FREELIST_DEFAULT.
  > Add a few quirks to cope with (some) IP27 and IP30 weirdness. (miod@)

arch/sgi/conf

  ~ files.sgi

  > Unclutter machdep.c by moving the IP32-specific initialization code to its
  > own file. While there, more dead beef removal in struct sys_rec. (miod@)

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK
  ~ files.sgi

  > Split clock attachment in two parts: a timecounter attachment (at mainbus),
  > and a time-of-day chip (wherever it gets found). (miod@)

arch/sgi/dev

  ~ gbe.c

  > Since uncached virtual addresses will depend upon space identifiers on R1xk
  > systems, switch to the PHYS_TO_UNCACHED macro to compute proper addresses.
  > Not really necessary for the O2 which does not implement spaces, but can't
  > hurt either. (miod@)

  + dsrtc.c

  > Split clock attachment in two parts: a timecounter attachment (at mainbus),
  > and a time-of-day chip (wherever it gets found). (miod@)

  + com_ioc.c

  > Simple com at ioc (with interrupt handling disabled until ioc interrupt code
  > is
  > written). Joint work with jsing@ (miod@)

  + owmac.c                               + owmacvar.h
  + owmem_subr.c                          + owmem_subr.h
  + owserial.c                            + owserialvar.h

  > SGI 1-Wire Number-In-a-Can drivers. These are regular Dallas/Maxim
  > append-only
  > EEPROM, with knowledge of how SGI formats their contents. They are needed
  > by IOC to figure out the Ethernet address of its Ethernet subdevice (yes,
  > verily). (miod@)

arch/sgi/include

  ~ autoconf.h

  > Unclutter machdep.c by moving the IP32-specific initialization code to its
  > own file. While there, more dead beef removal in struct sys_rec. (miod@)

  ~ memconf.h                             ~ vmparam.h

  > Allow for up to 32 memory segments. (miod@)

arch/sgi/localbus

  ~ macebus.c

  > Since uncached virtual addresses will depend upon space identifiers on R1xk
  > systems, switch to the PHYS_TO_UNCACHED macro to compute proper addresses.
  > Not really necessary for the O2 which does not implement spaces, but can't
  > hurt either. (miod@)

arch/sgi/pci

  + ioc.c                                 + iocreg.h
  + iocvar.h

  > Preliminary IOC3 multi-function chip driver, from jsing@ and I. Currently
  > missing a driver for the ethernet part, and interrupt handling is not
  > written
  > yet. (miod@)

arch/sgi/sgi

  ~ bus_dma.c

  > In _dmamem_map(), be sure to convert the address from the device view to
  > a real physical address in the single-segment short-circuit code. (miod@)

  ~ bus_dma.c                             ~ genassym.cf

  > Use CCA_CACHED as the default CCA for all cached mappings and addresses.
  > (miod@)

  ~ machdep.c                             + ip32_machdep.c

  > Unclutter machdep.c by moving the IP32-specific initialization code to its
  > own file. While there, more dead beef removal in struct sys_rec. (miod@)

  - clock_md.c

  > Split clock attachment in two parts: a timecounter attachment (at mainbus),
  > and a time-of-day chip (wherever it gets found). (miod@)

  + ip30.h                                + ip30_machdep.c

  > Platform-specific bits for IP30 (Octane). Based on knowledge extracted from
  > Linux source code. (miod@)

arch/sgi/xbow

  + Makefile                              + devlist2h.awk
  + files.xbow                            + xbow.c
  + xbow.h                                + xbowdevs
  + xbridge.c                             + xbridgereg.h
  + xheart.c                              + xheartreg.h
  + xhub.c

  > A first cut at XBow bus support, very minimal, limited to a local bus only;
  > HUB driver (for IP27) is a stub, and interrupt support is a shoot in the
  > dark
  > and will need some serious debugging until it is sane, but I want to reduce
  > the weight of these diffs first.
  > Based on a lot of tinkering and experiments, as well as knowledge extracted
  > from the Linux source code. (miod@)

  + xbowdevs.h                            + xbowdevs_data.h

  > Regen (miod@)

arch/sparc64/sparc64

  ~ trap.c

  > Don't grab the kernel biglock for syscalls marked SY_NOLOCK;
  > make the amd64 code a bit nicer and make the sparc64 match that.
  > tested by a few;
  > OK toby@, dlg@, kettenis@ (for the sparc64 part). (thib@)

dev/i2c

  ~ i2c_scan.c

  > Identify two chips which follow the JDEC JC-42.4 standard dimm temperature
  > probe -- NPX SE98 and ADT 7408 (deraadt@)

  ~ files.i2c                             + sdtemp.c

  > New sensor driver for JDEC JC-42.4 standard dimm temperature sensors
  > (still extremely rare devices.. so rare I had to wire up a chip myself)
  > (deraadt@)

dev/isa

  ~ it.c

  > some cosmetic changes (form@)

  ~ it.c                                  ~ itvar.h

  > more cosmetic changes (form@)

  ~ it.c

  > fix snprintf usage (form@)

  ~ it.c

  > snprintf "%s" -> strlcpy (form@)

  ~ wbsio.c

  > Hardware monitor address should be 8-byte aligned.
  > ok deraadt@ (kettenis@)

dev/onewire

  ~ onewire.c                             ~ onewirevar.h

  > Allow a 1-Wire controller to request an immediate scan, and also to prevent
  > periodic scans.
  > ok grange@ (until this gets replaced with a proper notification mechanism
  > to avoid unnecessary bus polling). (miod@)

  > neptune (dlg@)

  > regen (dlg@)

  > sync (form@)

  ~ usbdevs

  > add D-Link KVM-221
  > ok deraadt (form@)

kern

  ~ subr_disk.c

  > Compare device names consistantly in parsedisk().
  > ok deraadt@ (krw@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 04/04 ==

pcidump

  ~ pcidump.c

  > pretty print the BARs (dlg@)

pkg_add

  ~ Makefile                              ~ pkg_create
  + OpenBSD/Subst.pm

  > put Subst stuff into its own library file, to reuse elsewhere. (espie@)

  ~ pod/OpenBSD::Intro.pod

  > document OpenBSD::Subst (espie@)

  ~ OpenBSD/Subst.pm

  > I should know better... reuse methods internally as much as I can, to
  > facilitate further changes. (espie@)

  ~ OpenBSD/Subst.pm

  > likewise for the hash itself (espie@)

  ~ OpenBSD/Subst.pm

  > tweak a bit, allow ^ to occur at beginning of variable name (espie@)

  ~ pkg_create.1

  > deprecate -c, we've been using -DCOMMENT=value more or less forever by now.
  > (espie@)

  ~ OpenBSD/Subst.pm