[odc] Daily src changes for 2008-04-15

ODC auto at squish.net
Wed Apr 16 07:00:01 BST 2008

distrib/notes                           distrib/sets
etc/hosts.lpd                           sbin
sbin/wpa-psk                            share/man
sys/arch/sparc/conf                     sys/arch/sparc/dev
sys/arch/sparc64/dev                    sys/arch/sparc64/include
sys/arch/sparc64/sparc64                sys/dev/i2c
sys/dev/ic                              sys/dev/microcode
sys/dev/sbus                            sys/kern
usr.sbin/lpr

== distrib =========================================================== 01/06 ==

  ~ sparc/hardware                        ~ sparc64/hardware

  > It turns out the mysterious chip with the heatsink glued on, found on mgx
  > video boards, is a known entity, so add support for 2d acceleration with
  > the help of the X code (which makes baby Jesus cry).
  > The blitter is fast enough to make a cgsix feel as slow as a cgthree in
  > comparison. (miod@)

sets

  ~ lists/base/mi                         ~ lists/man/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

== etc =============================================================== 02/06 ==

hosts.lpd

  ~ hosts.lpd

  > - make it clear that hosts.lpd follows the same syntax that hosts.equiv(5)
  > inputs from jmc@
  > "looks ok" beck@ (similar older diff), "fine by me" jmc@ (ajacoutot@)

== sbin ============================================================== 03/06 ==

sbin

  ~ Makefile

  > link wpa-psk(8) to the build (damien@)

wpa-psk

  + Makefile                              + wpa-psk.8
  + wpa-psk.c

  > welcome wpa-psk(8).
  > ok deraadt@ (damien@)

== share ============================================================= 04/06 ==

  ~ man4/man4.sparc/mgx.4                 ~ man4/man4.sparc64/mgx.4

  > It turns out the mysterious chip with the heatsink glued on, found on mgx
  > video boards, is a known entity, so add support for 2d acceleration with
  > the help of the X code (which makes baby Jesus cry).
  > The blitter is fast enough to make a cgsix feel as slow as a cgthree in
  > comparison. (miod@)

  ~ man4/iic.4

  > fix Xr (deraadt@)

  ~ man4/lmtemp.4

  > mention LM76; stop being exact about increments (deraadt@)

== sys =============================================================== 05/06 ==

arch/sparc/conf

  ~ Makefile.sparc

  > Oops, it's a bit too early for -Wvariable-decl on sparc. (miod@)

arch/sparc/dev

  ~ mgx.c

  > Fix braino in mgx_loadcmap() invocation. (miod@)

  ~ mgx.c

  > It turns out the mysterious chip with the heatsink glued on, found on mgx
  > video boards, is a known entity, so add support for 2d acceleration with
  > the help of the X code (which makes baby Jesus cry).
  > The blitter is fast enough to make a cgsix feel as slow as a cgthree in
  > comparison. (miod@)

arch/sparc64/dev

  ~ rtc.c

  > Add support for the Texas Instruments bq4802 real-time clock found on the
  > Ultra 25 and Ultra 45. (kettenis@)

arch/sparc64/include

  ~ ctlreg.h

  > Add workaround for UltraSPARC-II errata, where writes to %tick_cmpr would
  > sometimes fail, which would result in the periodic clock interrupts on a
  > CPU
  > stop.
  > Spotted in a NetBSD commit message, loosely based on code in OpenSolaris.
  > (kettenis@)

arch/sparc64/sparc64

  ~ clock.c                               ~ locore.s

  > Add workaround for UltraSPARC-II errata, where writes to %tick_cmpr would
  > sometimes fail, which would result in the periodic clock interrupts on a
  > CPU
  > stop.
  > Spotted in a NetBSD commit message, loosely based on code in OpenSolaris.
  > (kettenis@)

dev/i2c

  ~ lm75.c

  > Take a shot at LM76 support (13 bit temperature, 0.065 degC per LSB) for
  > when we finally find one of these devices.	looked at by kettenis..
  > (deraadt@)

dev/ic

  + atxxreg.h

  > It turns out the mysterious chip with the heatsink glued on, found on mgx
  > video boards, is a known entity, so add support for 2d acceleration with
  > the help of the X code (which makes baby Jesus cry).
  > The blitter is fast enough to make a cgsix feel as slow as a cgthree in
  > comparison. (miod@)

dev/microcode

  ~ ral/microcode.h

  > fix a comment. no binary change. (damien@)

dev/sbus

  ~ mgx.c

  > Fix braino in mgx_loadcmap() invocation. (miod@)

  ~ mgx.c

  > It turns out the mysterious chip with the heatsink glued on, found on mgx
  > video boards, is a known entity, so add support for 2d acceleration with
  > the help of the X code (which makes baby Jesus cry).
  > The blitter is fast enough to make a cgsix feel as slow as a cgthree in
  > comparison. (miod@)

kern

  ~ uipc_usrreq.c

  > describe why fd passing is now so fucked up, and who's fault it is
  > (deraadt@)

lpr

  ~ lpd/lpd.8