[odc] Daily src changes for 2008-04-17

ODC auto at squish.net
Fri Apr 18 07:00:01 BST 2008

distrib/miniroot                        etc/netstart
etc/security                            sbin/mknod
share/man                               sys/arch/sparc64/include
sys/arch/sparc64/sparc64                sys/dev/i2c
sys/dev/ic                              sys/dev/usb
sys/net80211

== distrib =========================================================== 01/05 ==

miniroot

  ~ install.sub

  > force mode for hostname.* files to 600; ok krw (deraadt@)

== etc =============================================================== 02/05 ==

netstart

  ~ netstart

  > before using them, force hostname.* files to be unreadable by world
  > first version from todd, ok millert (deraadt@)

security

  ~ security

  > Teach security(8) to check for world-readable hostname.if files.
  > An increasing number of types of these files (e.g. ppp, carp and
  > wlan adapters) may contain secrets.
  > ok deraadt oga johan (sthen@)

== sbin ============================================================== 03/05 ==

mknod

  ~ mkfifo.1                              ~ mknod.8

  > remove a word i misinterpreted; (jmc@)

== share ============================================================= 04/05 ==

  ~ man9/tsleep.9

  > Correct a typo:
  > tsleep -> msleep
  > from Paul de Weerd, Thanks! (oga@)

  ~ man4/acx.4                            ~ man4/an.4
  ~ man4/ath.4                            ~ man4/atu.4
  ~ man4/atw.4                            ~ man4/awi.4
  ~ man4/bwi.4                            ~ man4/ipw.4
  ~ man4/iwi.4                            ~ man4/iwn.4
  ~ man4/malo.4                           ~ man4/pgt.4
  ~ man4/ral.4                            ~ man4/ray.4
  ~ man4/rtw.4                            ~ man4/rum.4
  ~ man4/uath.4                           ~ man4/upgt.4
  ~ man4/ural.4                           ~ man4/wi.4tbl
  ~ man4/wpi.4                            ~ man4/zyd.4

  > remove the CONFIGURATION section from the wireless pages:
  > the addition of the wpa options have shown just how unwieldy it had
  > become, it's already in ifconfig(8) anyway, and "ifconfig -m" will
  > get the relevant ones.
  > ok dlg jsg (jmc@)

  ~ man8/security.8

  > Teach security(8) to check for world-readable hostname.if files.
  > An increasing number of types of these files (e.g. ppp, carp and
  > wlan adapters) may contain secrets.
  > ok deraadt oga johan (sthen@)

== sys =============================================================== 05/05 ==

arch/sparc64/include

  ~ cpu.h

  > Really try to schedule clock ticks at fixed intervals.  Make sure
  > hardclock()
  > gets called for every clock tick, even if we miss one. (kettenis@)

arch/sparc64/sparc64

  ~ clock.c

  > Really try to schedule clock ticks at fixed intervals.  Make sure
  > hardclock()
  > gets called for every clock tick, even if we miss one. (kettenis@)

dev/i2c

  ~ pca9532.c                             ~ rs5c372.c

  > use sizeof(thing) instead of hard-coding it (deraadt@)

  ~ i2c_exec.c

  > use sizeof(thing) instead of hard-coding it (deraadt@)

  ~ ad741x.c                              ~ asb100.c
  ~ ds1631.c                              ~ i2c_scan.c
  ~ lm75.c                                ~ sdtemp.c
  ~ spdmem.c

  > make it more apparent that when we are dealing with 16 bit registers
  > (not a series of 8 bit registers), the bytes come off the wire in
  > big-endian order (deraadt@)

dev/ic

  ~ rt2860.c

  > do not blindly call ieee80211_get_hdrlen() in rt2860_rx_intr().
  > we may end up passing control frames (ps-poll or others) which
  > is not supported by ieee80211_get_hdrlen().
  > first found by pedro la peu, reminded by jsg@
  > closes kernel/5750 (damien@)

  ~ if_wi.c

  > save some space by making use of the WEP CRC table from net80211
  > and use the ieee80211_crc_update() function too.
  > not tested as I do not have a wi(4) but I see no reason why it
  > would not work.
  > "Just be brave" deraadt@ (damien@)

dev/usb

  ~ if_uath.c

  > Add missing monitor mode capabilities flag.
  > ok damien@ (brad@)

  ~ uftdi.c

  > attach FTDI 2232L (fkr@)

net80211